I cannot wait for swimsuit season….

March 14, 2013

because then I get to put Brooke in these little numbers…

Yesterday was so warm that the apartment pool was full of people and each time I walked by I got really excited to take Brooke swimming.  I was so excited that I even got out Brooke’s swimsuits just so that I could start planning out our swim days.

Brooke started wheezing and coughing yesterday morning and it gave me a heart attack.  I took her straight to the doctor and found out that she has bronchitis.  Broke my heart.  The doctor said that the virus has been going around like crazy and he had seen a lot of kids recently with it.  He also said that he was so confused though because even though she was sick she was extremely happy and smiling like crazy at him.

I will not be sleeping at night until she is 100% healthy again.

Lasagna was on the meal plan for dinner last night.  I felt too lazy to make my mom’s recipe (which is by far the best lasagna in the world) so I did my own thing but it was a lot like this recipe.  I forgot to take my sunglasses off until 10 at night.

The key to easy/lazy lasagna is to buy the noodles that you don’t have to cook before you put the lasagna in the oven.

Spinach caesar salad with the first of my two pieces of lasagna.

And my nightly mandatory cereal.

Hundreds of raisins in every box just wasn’t enough so I bought more raisins.  My favorite ratio is one raisin to one piece of bran.

————————————————————————

When was the last time you were sick?  What did you have?  Do you like your doctor?

Where do you buy your swimsuits?

Who is running today?  Where?  How far?

Shelley March 14, 2013 at 5:02 am

I am going to run 2-3 miles on the treadmill. I’ve only been running for two weeks since completely C25K. I love raisin bran and add raisins also. My fave breakfast of late is oatmeal with berries. Sometimes I have it for lunch also. Brooks bathing suits are ADORABLE!

Shelley March 14, 2013 at 5:04 am

My last bathing suit was purchased at Fred Meyer. It had a skirt to cover the top of my sagging thighs. Gravity is not my friend.

Megan March 14, 2013 at 5:03 am

Those swim suits are amazing! Why don’t they make frilly pink onesies for adults?!? I never even knew that oven ready lasagna noodles was a thing, nice little fun factoid of the day!

Emma @ Culturecopia March 14, 2013 at 5:04 am

I am sorry to hear that Brooker is sick! I also came down with a sinus cold a few days ago and am still recovering. Hopefully this is all over soon! So yeah I haven’t run in a while because of it :(

Micaela March 14, 2013 at 5:05 am

I was so happy when I saw the name of this post because I knew straight away it was going to be about Brooke looking adorable.
I’m at home sick right now – I blame the 40hours+ on a plane last week to get from NYC to outback Australia.

Pam March 14, 2013 at 5:06 am

Oh Janae, I hope Brooke feels better very soon. I know mommies & daddies feel so terrible when our little ones aren’t feeling good. Brooke sounds like a trooper & isn’t letting a little cough break her spirit. She must get that from her parents. :) The warmer weather is good for her. Sending xoxoxo to her!!

I love Target swimsuits. Most of my swimsuits are from there. Macy’s also carry really cute ones. :)

This week is an easy week for me. Nothing too exciting. :) love you my friend

Tracey March 14, 2013 at 5:07 am

I knew I liked Billy. Raisins = the devil’s snack.

Amanda March 14, 2013 at 5:07 am

Brooke is so adorable! I hope he feels better soon.

I am a dedicated Victoria Secret shopper for swimsuits. They fit & wash well. I don’t think I have anything as fabulous as Brooke’s however!

My strep throat has sidelined my run today. I don’t think I fully fought it off the lat time I had it in January so i am finishing off the meds I should have taken then- whoops!!

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 14, 2013 at 5:07 am

I went 9 this morning all by my lonesome but it felt good! Our whole family is slightly congested right now which is no fun… I hope Brooke gets better soon and you don’t catch it! I have a brilliant idea! I will bring you cake balls and you make me lasagna when we come visit and Noah and Brooke can have a pool date? Glad you’re in ;-)

Emily @ Maple Miles March 14, 2013 at 5:10 am

I hope Brooke feels better soon! Breaks my heart when my nieces are sick. :(

I usually buy my suits at VS! I like how you can mix and match colors and styles!

I am running six miles today on the treadmill, because its freezing and windy in NY! I am so jealous of your weather!

Becky March 14, 2013 at 5:10 am

Poor Brookie. Sorry that she is sick.

I cannot wait until swimsuit weather. Its warming up during the day but freezing at night and early morning here.

I’ll need to look for those noodles. I never knew they were out there. Lasagna is awesome!

BeePieRuns March 14, 2013 at 5:11 am

Haha! I love that your 6 month old has about 3 times more hair than my almost 2 year old! My poor girl. I’m going to Target later today with the specific goal of looking at cute swimsuits for littles, love ‘em!
Hope Brooke feels better soon!

Kris @ www.kris-lawrence.com March 14, 2013 at 5:11 am

My kiddos have been in germ city since starting elementary school. Drives me crazy. Last month I had one kid home with me for over a week with a never ending cough. I LOVE the snuggle time so much but the treadmill is not the most fun. I hope Brooke is feeling better soon!

Adrienne March 14, 2013 at 5:11 am

Just last week I had the flu. Then 2 of my 3 kids decided to also get it. NOT FUN!! Love my doctor.

I will be doing speed work on the treadmill today. I am a cold weather wimp and here in NY we still have snow on the ground..

I always end up with a half box of bran because everytime I pour a bowl I pick a huge handfull of raisans out. I am the only one who eats that cereal so I guess its ok. My favorite is Total Raisan Bran.

aine lunney @ainesadventuresabroad March 14, 2013 at 5:11 am

Love the swimsuits, I get mine from Hollister or VS :)
And am now craving Lasagna haha Getting in 5 miles after work and can’t wait

Sarah @PickyRunner March 14, 2013 at 5:12 am

I think I need Brooke’s bathing suits. You should be twins ;) Mine all come from Target. I need to get some more soon, come to think of it. I hope she gets better really fast!

Coco March 14, 2013 at 5:13 am

Poor Brooke! Heal quickly! Your lasagna looks amazing- your turning into quite a cook over there ;)

Kari @ Running Ricig March 14, 2013 at 5:17 am

Mike and I add raisins to raisin bran, too! There are never enough!

The last time I was sick was a few months ago, right before Christmas. I hope Brooke feels better soon!

I haven’t decided if I’m running today or taking a rest day, but if I do run, it’ll probably be an easy 5 miler around the neighborhood.

Shari March 14, 2013 at 5:17 am

Aww, poor Brooke. I hope she feels better so soon!

Ashley @OurPersonalRecords March 14, 2013 at 5:19 am

Awww poor little cutie! Hope she gets better soon! I’m running 3 miles today on the mill because it’s TOO cold to run outside!!

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 14, 2013 at 5:23 am

I buy my bathing suits from all over the place. My only requirement is that I can mix and match sizes bc my top and bottom are very diff sizes. I wasn’t feeling well last week so I loaded up on emergen-c and hot tea. That’s alwaysy go to when getting sick. Hope Brooke feels better soon!! Little kids in bathing suits is my absolute favorite thing in the whole wide world :)

Tara March 14, 2013 at 5:24 am

My youngest gets bronchitis all the time. He is usually fairly happy (read, annoying older brother and sister) so it when he stops causing 2 year old mischief that I know something is up. Last tim I took him in he had a double ear infection on top of bronchitis….and they said it had been raging for awhile. Mother of the Year right there.
LOVE my PA…she rocks….her kiddos are super close in age also so she gets my craziness (my boys are 10.5 months apart and 2 and 3 right now).
Get my bathing suite from Athleta….I spoiled myself last year, my first in a bikini is 10 years, so I went all out :)
Maybe running today….my legs feel like lead so Im thinking I need a rest day, but I cant run at all this weekend sooooo…..big decisions.

kim@hungryhealthygirl March 14, 2013 at 5:28 am

Oh no….I hope Brooke starts feeling better very soon! She’s such a little cutie and will look absolutely adorable in those bathing suits.

Diane March 14, 2013 at 5:30 am

Awww poor baby! When my Lily gets sick, I am a wreck! Poor thing! Love the pink bathing suit! We have one just like it! Jealous of your weather! It’s freezing here in Chicago! No run today, just a spin class! Hope Brooke feels better soon :)

Kimberly March 14, 2013 at 5:30 am

I’m going to try to get my long run in today, so I can be lazy this weekend! Who doesn’t love raisins? So silly. I carry the little kids pack of raisins in my purse who when I get hungry on the go!

Debbie @ Deb Runs March 14, 2013 at 5:31 am

Awwww, I hope Brooke feels better soon so she can rock those swimsuits!

I made Brookies yesterday and they turned out great!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 14, 2013 at 5:33 am

Those swim suits are pretty cute – she’s going to look adorable in them!

When I was little I remember picking out only the raisins from the Raisin Bran. My parents weren’t very impressed.

Rachel McIntyre March 14, 2013 at 5:37 am

Get well soon Brooke! My 10 month old niece just had bronchitis too :(

I can’t remember the last time I was sick. Maybe a diet of cereal is the way to go.

I’ve done my run for the day around Buttes Chaumont Park in Paris. It’s really good for running around. Lots of hills! I think I ran about 5.5 miles.

Jenn@ Run It My Way March 14, 2013 at 5:37 am

Aww poor Brooke. She will be a tough girl like her mama though, it’s awesome that she’s not even fussy! I would definitely be whining and making boy go get me popsicles if I had bronchitis :)

I don’t really like raisins either. I don’t hate them, but I definitely wouldn’t go out of my way to eat them. Boy is obsessed with them.. I let him have all the raisin bran and I get the Cinnamon Toast Crunch (eating a bowl dry right now!) healthy.

Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 14, 2013 at 5:37 am

Aww poor Brooke! Hope she’s better soon so that she can start rocking those adorable swimsuits. I usually buy mine at Victoria’s Secret, but they’re nowhere near as cute. And I have to agree with youabiyt your raisin to bran preference… Hundreds of raisins are nowhere near enough.

Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 14, 2013 at 5:41 am

Those swim suits are SO cute!! I typically buy mine at Target. Gotta love that store! I can’t even recall the last I was sick, now I will probably get sick! I have a speed session of 4×800 and some nice c/d miles!

Meagan @ Managing Meagan March 14, 2013 at 5:41 am

Poor Brooke!! Hope she feels better soon. All her pics are soooo cute! And those suits! SO CUTE!

Adding raisins to raisin bran = GENIUS

Elizabeth March 14, 2013 at 5:45 am

girl-you are so blessed Brooke has been so WELL up to this point! Hats off to you momma! e

Christina March 14, 2013 at 5:48 am

I’m thinkin about doing a hike today!… And taking a run! Can’t wait! I always but my swimsuits from target but I might switch it up! I hope Brooke feels better! She is precious

nerri March 14, 2013 at 5:48 am

I’ve had 2 colds already in 2013 and 1 was possibly bronchitis. yuck! But luckily I love my doctor :) I hope Brooke feels better soon!

I’m not running today due to a re-sprained ankle :( Resting is approximately 100x harder than running.

I buy most of my swimsuits from Victoria’s Secret, but I’m obsessed with the baby/girls’ swimsuits at Target, which is where I buy my 8-yr-old sister’s suits!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 14, 2013 at 5:48 am

Haha raisins are the best part of Raisin Bran! I’ve totally added more too. And I was SUPER sick right before Christmas, I had a fever of 102.9 and had to post-pone going home for Christmas! I flew home on the 23rd despite still being sick because I refused to spend the holiday alone in my apartment. That was actually the first time I’d been sick in years!

Mary @ minutes per mile March 14, 2013 at 5:52 am

6 miles today, fast! I find that Kellogg’s raisin bran crunch is superior to all other raisin brand :)

Laura @ RunningJunkie March 14, 2013 at 5:58 am

oh no! Sorry that Brooke is sick! It makes you worry SO much. I have a bit of a sinus/allergy thing going on right now.

Still no running. I have xrays for my stress fracture a week from today. I think I want to do some biking or rowing plus weights:-)

I love raisins in trail mix, cereal or oatmeal.

Natalie @ Free Range Human March 14, 2013 at 6:07 am

Poor Brooke! Hope she feels better soon! Those bathing suits are adorable :)

Kendra March 14, 2013 at 6:10 am

feel better, brooke!! i work with kids and a lot of them have been sick recently too.
my swim suits are from target and old navy — i can’t wait for warm sunny weather!

Erica March 14, 2013 at 6:15 am

Totally had that virus with the cough that is going around. Luckily it doesn’t make your body feel too bad.

Running today, but not far……5k-4miles.

Those swim suits are too cute for words.

April March 14, 2013 at 6:16 am

Here is a wonderful tip, and you may not believe me, but….. There is no need to cook lasagna noodles before baking :) give it a try with regular noodles!

Tammy March 14, 2013 at 6:25 am

Poor baby, I hope she gets better fast. My kids were sick a few months ago with colds. :(

Taylor March 14, 2013 at 6:26 am

Today’s 5-miler will be in the gym – I just can’t suck it up in the Ohio winter cold today!

Just something to try if you haven’t: if you like things like zucchini, eggplant, and other squashes, try thinly slicing them in strips and using them in place of/with lasagna noodles! We found that it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies! Some have more of a tendency to get mushier than others, so it’s up to your taste buds which ones work best for you!

Rachel @ Operation Rosebud March 14, 2013 at 6:27 am

We’ve all bee passing bronchitis cooties around for the past 2 months, but Mr J got it worst of all of us. Of course, he only gets sick about once per year, so … I’m not as sympathetic as I could be. I hear you about the scary baby coughin’! Both my girls had RSV when they were 6 months old and had to spend 3 days in hospital each. Not my favorite part– but they’ve been remarkably healthy ever since, so it’s OK! Hope she gets to feelin’ better—- humidifier and steamy showers may help with the cough.

Nora March 14, 2013 at 6:29 am

“I got bronchitis ain’t nobody got time for that.” – Sweet Brown
(quote from one of my hubby’s favorite youtube videos.)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 14, 2013 at 7:02 am

Bahahahahah I can’t tell you how many times billy said that to Brooke yesterday!

Sarah March 14, 2013 at 6:30 am

I have the same theory on raisin bran – more raisins are required!
My fiance agrees with Billy.

Those swim suits are super cute! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Lacey March 14, 2013 at 6:33 am

I just started following your blog and Brooke is the cutest thing. And all the food you cook looks so yummy!!!

Katie @ Bevo Loves an Aggie March 14, 2013 at 6:35 am

I don’t like raisins, either…yuck! Poor Brooke, I hope she gets better soon! Her swimsuits are sooo precious! I buy mine at VS on major sale at the end of each season!

Lorraine@runbuns13.blogspot.com March 14, 2013 at 6:45 am

She does look happy even being sick..

Those are really cute swim suits..

Why does your food always look so good! Darn you.. I just can’t eat and not gain. I think just looking at your food.. makes me gain weight! lol.. .

Jessica R @ fromthekitchentotheroad March 14, 2013 at 6:47 am

I did a little over 5 miles this morning. I think I’m going to do my long run tomorrow instead of Saturday so I didn’t want to push it this morning. One of the perks of not having my second job right now is being able to run whenever I want.

Allison March 14, 2013 at 6:47 am

Poor Brooke, hope she feels better! I am also sick with bronchitis and an upper respitory infection. Right now a vaporizer is really helping me breathe and calm down the coughs; might be helpful to use one for her?

Sharsti@theblondehaiblueeyedrunner March 14, 2013 at 6:49 am

Baby girl swimsuits are the best! I wish they made grown up sizes so you could match them! Hope she gets better soon:(

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles March 14, 2013 at 6:50 am

I can’t remember the last time I was REALLY sick. I consider myself fortunate. Usually it is just a sinus infection.
I get my bathing suits from VS or the Gap.
No running today. Elliptical and weights. Run tomorrow!

The Kidless Kronicles

Becky @ The Bex Factor March 14, 2013 at 6:55 am

Hopefully Brooke gets better soon!

Last time I was sick was just a cold a couple months ago. I haven’t really been full blown sick for a couple years, knock on wood.

Kelsey @ Fueling Strong March 14, 2013 at 7:08 am

I eat a bowl of Kashi cereal every night and add raisins too! Twins!

Rhonda and Sandrine March 14, 2013 at 7:09 am

Sandrine buys her swimsuits at Modell’s and Rhonda shops at Kohl’s.

Lilly March 14, 2013 at 7:16 am

Haha, you don’t need special noodles for that! Just use a lasagna recipe that doesn’t involve cooking the noodles first. I’ve never cooked the noodles first and it always comes out great :)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 14, 2013 at 8:06 am

Really?!?!? My mom always said that you had to hahaha!

Ashley March 14, 2013 at 7:22 am

How brave you are to wear white while holding a lasagna!

I buy most of my swimsuits (and all of my other needs in life) from Target.

I’m giving myself a rest day because my foot is still bugging me. Being a smart runner is hard :-(

Heidi March 14, 2013 at 7:24 am

I got that same pink ruffled swimsuit for my niece at Target- so cute!

So sorry that Brooke is sick- As a mom, I am sure it is scary when your baby is sick- glad she is still so happy!

I am sick, too! Boo! I am home from work today and going to the doctors at 1:30- I think I have a sinus infection.

Don’t tell my mom- I am still going to sneak in my 3 mile run ;)

Allie March 14, 2013 at 7:25 am

oh man, soulmates! I LOVE raisins!! I get mad when there aren’t big clumps in the trail mix. I specifically will go for all of the raisins in anything. Don’t understand how people hate them so much. Freaks is all I can say about them

Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails March 14, 2013 at 7:26 am

I’m 21 weeks pregnant right now and I have been DYING over the baby swimsuits at Target! I have also been dying over swimsuits for adults as well but I have a feeling that trying those on right now would lead to a big changing room meltdown so I’ll probably just stick to eyeing the baby bikinis for now :)

Amanda March 14, 2013 at 7:28 am

I was sick last week and it was terrible. I had no energy and just felt crummy all week. Thankfully I’m better this week since I have a half marathon next week and want to be healthy for it. Hope Brooke feels better soon!

Kay March 14, 2013 at 7:32 am

Aw I hope Brooke feels better soon! I love her swimsuits!

Jessica March 14, 2013 at 7:35 am

I just can not get over how cute Brooke is…even when she’s sick!!

And I love that you add raisins to your Raisin Bran. I always secretly thought the “large scoops of raisins” didn’t allow for enough raisins, so I might just be adopting your act of adding more myself!

No running on my schedule today – cross training and strength training for me, then a four-mile run tomorrow!

Wendy @ New Moms Talk March 14, 2013 at 7:36 am

The last time I was sick was about 2 years ago. I hadn’t been to a doctor in years, and the one I went to was recommended by a colleague. He was the most practical, intelligent, efficient, caring doctor I had ever experienced!

FYI- if anyone needs a doctor in the Manassas, VA area, let me know!

Lindsey Britner March 14, 2013 at 7:37 am

Cute bathing suites. I buy my own from Victoria’s Secret. I’ll also be running only a mile today. Today is my rest day, but I’m curious to see how fast i can run a single mile

Kait | when we wander March 14, 2013 at 7:40 am

I loved my mom’s lasagna growing up, but she always referred to it as Irish Lasagna since it’s not really the right way to make it. We officially found out it’s definitely not like real lasagna when my boyfriend flew over from Italy and was confused as to what was being served. Haha. It’s still delicious though!! Any mixture of meat and cheese and pasta is fine by me!

CatieB March 14, 2013 at 7:41 am

I’ve never heard of oven ready lasagna noodles!! I’m going to look for those! That’s awesome!

I wish it was sunny here in New York so I would forget I was wearing my sunglasses! You’re so lucky!

Sending get well wishes to Brooke!

shelly March 14, 2013 at 7:51 am

I bought my swimsuits on sale at target a couple of years ago ($5 tops and $5 bottoms). Love them!

Jessica March 14, 2013 at 7:52 am

Hey Janae, I was wondering if you could do a follow up post about how breast feeding and running is going for you? Thanks.

Dominique March 14, 2013 at 7:58 am

I hate raisins everywhere, they look like spiders bellies you know that kind of spiders under bed-dead and dry :D my family even bake special little cakes and pastries for my without them.

2 Months ago i had crazy flu+cold combination-no doctor visit cause my doctor why i love dearly is almost 4hours long fly away but i was holding me back for 2weeks and for a week i couldnt get from bed.

Rest day just long 3mile walk with dog is planned and mexican bean|corn|mozzarella omelet for dinner today with side of spinach salad, cant wait.

Hope Brooke will get better soon-she is such a sunny smily kid and she looks more and more like you MIL! and btw i would love both swimsuits of Brooke! soo cute!

Dalis March 14, 2013 at 8:00 am

Okay this will sound judgmental and rude but 2 things
1. Don’t take such a young baby camping in the cold..
2. Always uses shopping cart covers, since carts are filled with germs.

The Hungry Runner Girl March 14, 2013 at 8:04 am

I asked the doctor if it had anything to do with taking her camping in the cold and he said no.

Carolyn March 14, 2013 at 11:12 am

Germs don’t come from cold. AND when my baby got sick recntly the nurse actually said to take him out into the cold air to help open up his airways. So there!

Janae, I envy how well you’ve integrated Brooke into your life and how you take her everywhere with you. I think she’s going to be such an easy going, well-rounded child because of it.

Andra March 14, 2013 at 8:00 am

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!! I will buy extra raisins for my raisin bran. I’m always sad that there are never enough… :(

Cate March 14, 2013 at 8:03 am

Those suits are adorable! I just got over a stomach bug. Ugh. I hope Brooke feels better soon. She’s such a happy baby. I wonder where she gets that? ;)

PS – you can use the regular noodles for lasagna and not boil them first. I’ve never,, ever boiled my noodles and my lasagna comes out perfectly every time!

Sonia the Mexigarian March 14, 2013 at 8:08 am

Oh no, I hope Brooke feels better soon. If I had bronchitis, I’d be miserable. She seems to be a trooper though and very happy. Such a cute picture of her :)

Last time I was really sick was exactly two years ago. Husband came home terribly ill from Wisconsin and I had took take him to urgent care. A day later, he was taking me. We were ill for 7 days, quarantined in our apartment, with my mom dropping off chicken soup and other fluids for us. We watched 3 seasons of Lost during that time.

I tend to buy my swimsuits at Target.

I ran just under 4 miles yesterday (testing the ankle) and it was hard, but the ankle felt alright. debating whether or not to join a friend on a trail run/hike this weekend. I’m itching to hit the trails and include it in my 1/2 training plan.

Jaeme + randy March 14, 2013 at 8:11 am

Oh no poor Brooke! I hate that babies get sick

Jaeme + randy March 14, 2013 at 8:12 am

Oh no poor Brooke! I hate that babies get sick

Amy N. March 14, 2013 at 8:20 am

Poor Brooke! Sick kids is worse than being sick yourself. Hope she feels better soon!

I don’t like raisins either. You can block me now if you must.

Emily Gossett March 14, 2013 at 8:21 am

The last time I was sick I had THE WORST stomach virus EVER! It lasted for like 2 weeks and I lost 10lbs. I felt horrible!!!! I was definitely not smiling like gorgeous Brooke! haha…I usually buy my swimsuits anywhere…im not picky about name brands or anything…as long as I like it and it seems like it will last me awhile. But since ive lost so much weight, I am having a tummy tuck done (greatly needed!!!) and I cannot wait to rock a two piece!!!! HOLLA!!! I will run today…not sure how far..I fell last week and hurt my knee pretty bad and its still super sore…Im TERRIFIED of injuries. So, I took it easy this week. Im excited to get back at it though!!!

Haylee March 14, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love that you have a cereal ritual, I also have at least one bowl with some type of dried fruit a night! My husband always laughs that I can sleep without my cereal bowl but its just what a grew up doing!

Sharisse March 14, 2013 at 8:41 am

Get well, Brooke! What a soldier she is for smiling even though she is sick. Can’t wait to see her in those adorable swimsuits!

Brooke @ Running In Heels March 14, 2013 at 8:43 am

Brooke is the cutest baby in the world! I hope she gets better soon!

Gillian March 14, 2013 at 8:49 am

Ugh I haven’t bought a bathing suit in 3 years! I hate swimming bc I hate being cold. But I plan on buying one this year to take my 4 month old in the water :)

We are currently having a big snowfall right now so not sure if ill be running tonight. My legs are tight from yesterday’s run so I might do yoga later :)

My baby is sick right now too. :(. No fun when kids are sick. They are such troopers though! Hope Brooke feels better soon!

Macalla March 14, 2013 at 8:53 am

Praying Brooke feels better soon. There’s nothing worse than seeing your kids get sick.

Linda @running4two March 14, 2013 at 9:02 am

I just went for a 4.25 quick run. Even though it was short, it was very challenging because of the extremely cold head wind I experienced.

The first week I had my baby girl home I was convinced she was sick. I was flipping out but it turned out she was just fine. I hope Brooke feels better soon!

Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 14, 2013 at 9:08 am

Oh noooooo! I hope Brooke gets better fast! PS- those swimsuits are the cutest things I’ve seen all day.

cori @olivetorun March 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Raisin Brand makes me think of one thing: I Heard It Through The Grapevine

and now it’s stuck in my head:)

Annette@FitnessPerks March 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

Cuuuuuuteee swimsuits!!!

I hate rasisins. Ugh. SOrry, but so nasty!!

Hope Brooke gets better soooooooon!

Lindsay March 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

Raisins are my favorite food ever (next to Brussels sprouts). I know. It’s weird. I always add more to my cereal, too :D

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom March 14, 2013 at 9:29 am

I’m getting over a sinus infection now :( My 6-month old cousin had bronchitis, RSV, and an ear infection, and every time he cried, no sounds would come out. It was so heart breaking because he was trying so hard and he went through the motions of crying, but there were no sounds. He was on a little nebulizer that put him to sleep right away. I hope Brooke gets well soon!

I buy my swimsuits from Target or Kohls.. and I’m not running today. Taking a rest day and did some yoga.

Katie March 14, 2013 at 9:32 am

Oh, those swimsuits are just too precious. I would be excited for swimsuit season, too!!!! I mean, I am, obviously, but I don’t have a little Brooke to dress up for it yet!! :)

xo

Jillian March 14, 2013 at 9:37 am

I had a good laugh this morning when I saw the title of this post because I immediately thought, “I cannot wait for swimsuit season”… said no one ever!!! But when it comes to babysuits, I hear you!

I’m aiming for 7-9 tonight :)

Steph F. March 14, 2013 at 9:58 am

Poor little Brooke – I hope she feels better soon! I still hate when my girls are sick!! My youngest is 6 and had strep this fall with a wicked fever of almost 105. I was so freaked out that I slept in a sleeping bag next to her bed…the worry you feel for your children never ends, I’ll say that much!

I haven’t run in a while since I had foot surgery at the end of Feb., but today I actually went to the gym and spent 45 minutes on a stationary bike. It was awesome despite the odd looks I got from people (I’m still in a surgical boot so I’m sure I did look a little funny…so worth it, though :) ).

RainStorm March 14, 2013 at 10:00 am

I do exactly the same, except sultanas are yummiest and juicier and fatter so I add them :)

kendra @ http://www.kennygump.com/ March 14, 2013 at 10:03 am

i had a fever over the weekend and sore throat. better now though. poor little brooke. what a trooper:)

probably 4 miles today along with some other fun stuff like cycle and tabata:D

swimsuits = ebay but i just found a new site called shade clothing. check it out right now everything is 40% off and free shipping. cute simple styles!

Katie@LifesNextBigStep March 14, 2013 at 10:21 am

I only like raisins if they are covered in yogurt or chocolate :) So you can have my portion of the raisin stock! I also avoid swim suits like the plague (especially now at 7 months preg) but typically I like Target and Old Navy, mainly because I like to get a new one every year!

Mia March 14, 2013 at 10:37 am

:( I’m sorry Brooke is sick. Totally scary for you and the just the pits for her. She seems to be handling it well though. Lots of well wishes for her! I’ve been getting sick A LOT recently. Very frustrating and negatively effecting my running. Planning for a short gym run and some rowing for today.

Jessica March 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

Oh. My. Goodness. Brooke is so cute in that surprised pic at the top!! I can’t get over it! You are certainly blessed.

I’ll be running 3 miles on the treadmill! It’s snowing again today in Wisconsin. BOOO.

Alyx March 14, 2013 at 10:43 am

Brooke is such a cutie!

So.. running question. I’m currently training for my first half marathon & my hip flexor is in agonizing pain. I limp when I walk and I always try to run on it and end up in even worse pain (runners just don’t know when to quit!) What can I do/what the heck is going on?! Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated!

Colleen March 14, 2013 at 10:43 am

Poor Brooke! I know that you must be scared to death dealing w/ her fisrt illness. I hope that she recovers soon and stays happy throughout this illness. The last time I was sick was about 2 years ago w/ the stomach virus. Death!! I am around people all day (teaching high school and teaching aerobics) so I consider myself really, really fortunate not to catch colds, etc. Oh, I just got in my 6 miles between bodypump classes today!

Jazz March 14, 2013 at 10:49 am

Adding Raisins.. genius !

Carolyn March 14, 2013 at 11:02 am

Poor Brooke! Did he say she had bronchitis or bronchiolitis? Bronchitis is an infection that usually requires antibiotics and bronchiolitis is basically just a nasty cold, i.e. virus. My son is one week younger than Brooke and he’s getting over bronchiolitis. It’s been over two weeks. :(

Started off with a fever and congestion. Congestion got worse and then a cough developed. Little sleep was had in this house. Still a little congested and has a couple of coughing fits per night, but he’s WAY better than a week or so ago. I didn’t know if we would, but we all survived. We did ALL get sick, too, though. Give Brooke lots of snuggles!

Becca March 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Hi. I love your blog! I’ve never commented before, but I’m a pediatrician, and I just wanted to second Carolyn’s comment. Infants and kids don’t really get bronchitis, but infants rather commonly get bronchiolitis, or inflammation of the small airways branching into the lungs, when they are infected with many of the common cold viruses out there this (or any) winter season. It’s a viral infection, so antibiotics aren’t helpful (they only work against bacterial infections), but it certainly can cause little ones like Brooke to have nasty cold symptoms, cough, and sometimes wheezing or other issues with their breathing. Like with all viral respiratory infections, it’s just a matter of waiting it out (usually peaks at about 4 days and then starts to improve) and supporting her through it (especially by encouraging lots of fluids). I hope she feels better soon!

Fizz @fizzsbizz March 14, 2013 at 11:09 am

Aww poor brooke! At least she’ll be looking cool in her swimmers when she’s better!

I’m running today, a 5 miler. 3 weeks until my first half marathon! Eeek!

MILF Runner March 14, 2013 at 11:29 am

OMG. Our family got sick over the last week. All but one kid and my husband. It was brutal. The throwing up and fever kind of sick. I was sort of oddly excited because I haven’t been sick in about 4 years. While no one waited on me, it was just kind of cool to remember what it was like to feel like utter crap for a reason other than just too much going on! Adorable baby swimsuits!!!!

Sarah March 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm

She is going to look ADORABLE!

Sarah

Heather @ Run Eat Play March 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Poor Brooke! I hope she feels better soon!
When my son was about three, we were going somewhere about an hour from home and he suddenly was wheezing and having a hard time breathing. We took him to a emergency care and they said he need to go right to the hospital because he was having respiratory failure. He spent two days there.
We were an hour from home and this pretty much came out of nowhere. It was so scary. Being a mom is a tough job sometimes. You want to take thier pain and sickness away but you just can’t.
Hope Brooke gets better fast!

Jen March 14, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Poor Brooke. She does look pretty happy for a sick baby!

Have you had Sun Maid’s Mixed Jumbo Raisins?!?!?! They will change your life. You can find them in any grocery store, but here’s a link to check out the packaging http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Jumbo-Raisins-12-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B001E560PY

Kelly @ Turned up To Eleven! March 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Now I’m craving lasagna. Maybe next week!

And you have officially blown my mind! I always thought the raisins in raisin brand cereals fell short – come to think of it I might like just getting bran flakes plain and purchasing my own box of raisins. Thank you for that idea.

Bathing suits? Please don’t say that word around me this year ;)

Last time I was sick was Christmas Day – fever, shakes, miserable. Thankfully it was just the flu and didn’t warrant a trip to the doctor. I hope your little one gets well very quickly. She’s so happy, glad the sickness didn’t slow that down!

Megan March 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm

UGH!! I always think it’s so unfair for babies to get sick!!! Hope she gets better soon!!
~Officially craving lasagna now~— maybe I should make a lasagna pie! (since it’s pie day ;)

Monica L March 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Awww poor Brookster :( The last time I was sick I had bronchitis, so I know how she feels-not good. I promise I wasn’t as happy a camper as her though! I hope she gets better quickly.

Lisa March 14, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Currently sick :( courtesy of norovirus – Punta Cana style. Hey, at least I’m tanned while nauseous!

Super cute suits!!

Meagan March 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I add extra raisins to my Raisin Bran, too! Life is just better with extra raisins :)

Leah March 14, 2013 at 6:04 pm

That picture of Brooke at the Dr’s office is the cutest! She is such a little doll! And I can’t believe Billy doesn’t like raisins? They are like candy, unless I’m craving real candy then raisins don’t stand a chance.

I buy my swimsuits at Target. They always have a ton to choose from and they’re cheap, I think their sizing’s a little funky though…

Losing Lindy March 14, 2013 at 7:32 pm

poor Brooke!

Lauren @ Dallas Duo Bakes March 14, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Poor Brooke. Hope she feels better. I ran 4 miles this morning. I’m not a huge fan of this time change… I’ve got to run super early in the morning before the sun comes up :(

Megan March 16, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Poor little angel. My baby has been sick this week too with a stomach virus. My husband and I both had it before her. It’s been a tough winter of sickness for us. I try to think of all the sickness under the age of 1 as a way to build her immune system.

I think I’m going to run two miles today! All of the snow where we live has left me running very little the past few months, so I’m ready to get back into it as the weather warms up! :)