7.4 months OLD!!!

March 28, 2013

It is actually mentally impossible for me to even think back to what life was like before Brooke.

Both Billy and I agree that life was awesome before Brooke but now it is REALLY awesome with her here with us.

The last few weeks have definitely been the best with Brooke.  She is to the age that we can really start playing with her and she really gets excited about things like going to the park.

When she can start talking I am going to have an impossible time saying no to this face.

Caught right before she started chewing on Billy’s head.  That is kind of her thing lately.

Her hair is officially long enough for a ponytail.

-She says da da da da da da all day long.  Must have something to do with the fact that Billy has been training her to say Dada since she was 5 minutes old.

-She can stand all by herself and it kind of hurts my heart because that means she is growing up way too fast.

-She knows if there is a phone within 5 feet of her and she will do whatever it takes to get to the phone…. or the car keys.

-She still loves sweet potatoes and avocados the most out of all of the foods we have given her.  The weirdest thing is that she doesn’t really like bananas, must get it from Billy.

-When she gets excited about something her little legs turn into propellers and they kick crazy fast.

-She is a book worm and will sit on my lap forever reading books.

-A few people have asked about sleep training.  We actually didn’t do anything.  She still wakes up at about 2:30 a.m. every night to eat but other than that she sleeps really well.  She kind of just did that schedule on her own and it works for us.  I am sure soon she will go the whole night but I really don’t mind being up for 20 minute or so @ 2:30 a.m.

Since she is almost 3/4ths of a year old is it too soon to start planning her first birthday party?  I didn’t think so.

When did your kids start sleeping all the way through the night?

What were your kiddos first words?

What are/were their favorite foods?

Cathryn March 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm

You’re so right…we say the same. That we were really happy when it was just the two of us (and we would have been fine without a baby) but life is unfathomably better now we have a little boy!!

He slept through at 10 months old..he would feed 1 x nightly before that. I didn’t mind too much although i was glad when he slept through. He used to like carrots and apple…his favourites now (at 3) are scrambled eggs! It’s pretty gorgeous.

The Hungry Runner Girl March 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm

SCRAMBLED EGGS…. that is so fun:) I need to meet him someday. Glad you agree!

Jessica March 28, 2013 at 3:40 pm

She’s absolutely adorable! Love the little pony tail. :)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Thanks Jessica!

Renee @ Renee Runs Miles March 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm

She’s such a beautiful baby…and I just love how much you and Billy enjoy her :)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Thank you so much Renee. Have an awesome day:)

Jenn @ Run It My Way March 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

So cute. She has the sweetest little face.. you make me excited to have a baby some day :)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 28, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Thanks Jenn! Be excited:)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

She really is just the sweetest looking baby, and so happy! I can’t believe her hair is so long, I was STILL bald by my first birthday!

Tracy March 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm

She doesnt like bananas?? I hope they become something she does enjoy soon! They are my favorite.

Seeing you with her really does a lot to my desire to expand my own little family. She is precious precious precious!! And you are such a great mom! Thank you for sharing so much with your readers!

Jackie March 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm

She is precious. Bless her heart!

Kim Whattler March 28, 2013 at 3:57 pm

She is seriously so adorable! You and Billy (or should I say Bill ;) ) are such cute parents too! LOVE your little family!

Ashley March 28, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Aww, Brooke is so adorable. We didn’t do sleep training either and both of our kids slept through the night at 7 weeks old. That may be due to their large birth weight (9 lbs 12oz and 10lbs 12oz)!

Love seeing the updates! Can’t wait to see what you plan for her big first birthday!

Adriana March 28, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Oh my goodness, I love that pony tail. Brooke is a cutie pie!!
My daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was over a 1.5yrs because I breastfed and she still nursed. We do co-sleeping so she wouldn’t really wake up though just root around till she got what she needed and fell back asleep. So it wasn’t hard at all for me. I didn’t breastfeed my first born and he slept through the night at 5mo.

Her first words were also da da and they were my sons as well.

My sons favorite food was sweet potatoes and my daughters was mangos and grapes.

Summer March 28, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Her adorableness is almost too much to handle!!

Kay @ goaloflosing.com March 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Definitely time to start planning that first birthday! Haha. Can’t wait to read all about it :)

Sana March 28, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Brooke is so awesome!

Dani @ Run Daniella Run March 28, 2013 at 4:06 pm

1st birthday is the best! My girls are 4 and I still look back at that special day fondly. Currently our favorite food is goldfish and mac and cheese lol gourmet over here! I have to say you have adjusted to be a SAHM in a new state with a busy husband and little girl so well! I don’t imagine it has been the easiest adjustment but you 3 seem like such a happy family :)

Regina March 28, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I was just thinking the same thing about first birthday planning! And honestly, I’ve decided to start. The first 7+ months FLEW by and I can only imagine what the next <5 will be like. Before I know it it'll be here so might as well start planning :) (My son is 4 days younger than Brooke). Has she started crawling yet? OR just skipping to standing? How long can she hold it for?

Regina March 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Jax also had the 2:30am wakeups for feedings but slept from 5:30/6pm until 6-7am aside from that for awhile and then last night he slept from 5:30pm until 6 this morning without making a sound. It might be a fluke though. He also says “Dadadadgogagaodgagagdadadada” all the time. I try to correct him with “mama” but he just laughs at me. Rude. It’s much easier for them to say d’s than m’s.

sharissespieces March 28, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Happy 7.4 months, Brooke! I never fully understood why folks were so specific with months and weeks, but now that we’re expecting, I TOTALLY get it! Love that little Brooker face. I believe it will be hard to say no as well.

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 28, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Noah started sleeping through at about 8-9 months. First words were dog, ball, and dada! We were lucky he wasn’t a picky eater at all but he LOVES yogurt and cheese the most.

Teresa@The Chronicles of a {Not So} Supermom March 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm

My girls started sleeping through the nights around 8 weeks. We have to get up anyway though when they start whining for their binky at least once a night:)

Favorite foods: bananas, sweet potatoes, squash, apples

First words: dada

luv2run March 28, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Brooke is beautiful, just like her mama! You have such a lovely family :)

megan d March 28, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I can’t remember what life was like before kids. Ross and I always talk.about it. Like, what DID we do with ‘spare time’ anyway?? Lol

It is NEVER too soon to start planning the party!

Anna slept through the night at months and Evan at 4.5months. Anna was on a schedule though and it was very much influenced by me. Evan I just let him lead the way. He has always been a mellow kid, but when I tried to give him a schedule, he was not happy and I decided it was not worth it.

Both said either mom or dad first. Then Anna learned no and Evan’s was mine (clearly the 2nd.child)

Evan loved any and all fruit…still does. Anna loved sweet potatoes..so much so that she turned a little orange. Oops. Hey, that is all the rage now with spray tans so she was just being Hipster.

Brooke makes me so baby hungry!! No good.

Laura @ beanstalk March 28, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Beautiful family!

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More March 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Is it bad that I can’t remember what my girls favorite foods were or when they started sleep through the night. It’s been too long!

Brooke has excellent taste in food! Sweet potatoes and avocados are two of my favorite things, too.

Brooke @ Running In Heels March 28, 2013 at 4:45 pm

She is so beautiful!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 28, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Brooke gets cuter every single day. This makes me too too excited!

Katie March 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Her ponytail! I can’t!!

xo

Carrie March 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Ummm I am still waiting for my almost 2 1/2 year old to sleep through the night consistently. I was not given great sleepers at all!! In her defense she continues to have severe GERD and I guess if I had to deal with a chest/throat on fire every night I may wake up too. My oldest slept through the night at 18 months, at 9 months she slept through about 2-3x a week. That said. I nursed both my girls until around 20 months, stopped nursing at night around 9 months I think ( I could be way wrong about that). But my oldest from her first night only nursed every 3 hours at night and then went right back to sleep. I did not discover until later that I was lucky!

First words- my oldest, apple at 9 months. my youngest, ” I want that” at 14 months ( she was an awesome signer but later talker)

Foods: oldest was avocado, youngest was cantaloupe

Lindsay March 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I have a daughter who just turned 7 months today. I totally agree that my baby girl is growing up way too fast. My daughter sounds so much like Brooke. She also has more hair then most babies, says da da da da all day long and obsessed with the iPhone or iPad. Keep the Brooke picture coming…..love to see and hear how she’s growing and changing everyday.

Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I love this! Brooke is growing up SO fast and I love seeing her learn!

Katie Heddleston March 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Love her!

Two things:

1) Xander is 12.5 months old and still doesn’t sleep ALL the way through. He likes to eat at 4 am something.

2) X JUST started to like bananas at one year. He prefers to eat them like a monkey. Maybe Brooke will be the same way :)

Becky @thebexfactor.com March 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm

My little guy is 5.5 months. He wakes up once a night too. Right now his favourite food is banana. He isn’t a fan of carrots or sweet potato.

Leigha March 28, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Brooke is the cutest girl ever! And I’m not a baby person! She is gonna be so awesome when she grows up, I mean look how she gets to grow up!

Tara Hanna March 28, 2013 at 6:52 pm

My middle son (he is 3 now) was a preemie, and in the NICU for 13 days before he came home. I honestly think that time in the hospital made a huge difference in his early sleeping because he had to be in his isolet and soothe himself to slseep. Because of that, he has been an awesome sleeper from the start…..he was 7-8 hours a night by 8 weeks old. His younger brother….not.so.much….still battle with that one at least twice a week and he is 2 (yes, 10.5 months apart….Ill save you the mental math) :)

april March 28, 2013 at 7:45 pm

i love the picture of brooke trying to chew billy’s head. so cute! i swear, she’s the most adorable baby. :)

p.s. i love that she likes sweet potatoes and avocados – two of my most favorite foods!

Losing Lindy March 28, 2013 at 8:01 pm

for my son it was about 4 in my bed and almost 6 in his bed to sleep though the night..

yes..I still don’t sleep

Kim March 29, 2013 at 12:45 am

4 kids- slept through at 9 months (had to sleep train), 4 months, 9 months, 2 months! Did nothing different with any of them which I think proves that all babies are very different and you should try not to compare but find what works for you and your family! My youngest – 9 months old today and my only girl- loves sweet potato and avos as well and also pasta bolognese blended into a fine mush! By 8 or 9 months you can just start blending your food (using sweet potatoes as your base if its a meat dish) provided you don’t add salt or sugar to it!

1st birthday parties are so much fun but what I’ve learned after 4 kids is that the simpler and smaller you keep the party the more time you have to spend with the birthday girl/boy. I went all out for my firstborns’ (twin boys) birthday and barely saw them the entire day I was SO busy with all of my guests! With the next child I had a chilled afternoon BBQ and a homemade cake and it was much much better for my baby and for me! But whatever you decide enjoy, I love your Brooke posts and photos!

Efrinaldi March 8, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I am no longer sure where you’re gettnig your information, but great topic. I must spend a while studying more or figuring out more. Thanks for fantastic information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom March 29, 2013 at 4:40 am

Oysh..Brooke is too cute. My 8 month old started sleeping through the night at 2.5 months! Crazy, right? But then she had this horrible regression around 5 months. Now she sleeps through the night again, but the last few nights have been brutal due to teething and a cold. Ugh..worst. And just like Brooke, she loves her some sweet potato and avocado. But also bananas. And puffs. You should give them to Brooke if you haven’t already. They’re like baby crack!

jan March 29, 2013 at 5:55 am

I can’t even tell you how happy it makes me that you just let her set her own schedule. What a lucky, lucky baby. Seriously her little soul hit the jackpot being born into your family. Her ponytail is the CUTEST THING EVER, oh my gosh. I can hardly stand it!

Alex March 29, 2013 at 5:59 am

Mckenna slept through the night right around 11 months. Her favorite foods are cheerios, goldfish and pasta. She is a carb-atarian.

She doesn’t have a first word yet. She signs us stuff like more, milk, etc but at 17 months she’s still not talking. We’re okay with that cause she knows lots of words and can show you her tummy, toes, nose, etc.

Mckenna is also obsessed with phones and iPads. She loves to watch music videos and Sesame Street clips on youtube. We have to limit her though cause she loves it so much she would seriously do it all day. It is fun now though that she seems to understand FaceTime more and will wave and smile at the person on the screen.

Brooke is adorable and I wished we could make them be friends in real life!

Jodi March 29, 2013 at 6:35 am

So much cuteness!! And you are right, when she starts talking, it is impossible to say no. My 15 month old will say “outside” over and over until you take him for a stroller ride. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time bundled up bracing the Oklahoma winds while going on walks in the neighborhood this winter.

LOVE the green shorts, btw.

Amy March 29, 2013 at 6:40 am

She is so cute!!! I wish my little girl had hair like that. I am a bad person to ask since my 19month old still wakes up at 1x in the night. My 3.5 year old did that until he was 2years… so if you do the math, I have not slept through the night in almost 4 years. By kid 2 its not quite so cute. :-)

Sonia the Mexigarian March 29, 2013 at 8:52 am

Gosh, hard to believe she was the little baby in the car seat and now she’s almost a year old. It’s insane how fast time goes when watching children grow. <3 She is such a beautiful happy child :)

Megan March 29, 2013 at 11:08 am

I love how much you love her, I really love my life right now but I think it will be so much fun once I am a little older to start a little family of my own!

Heather @ Run Like a G! March 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

You have to plan her birthday now because you have to pick a theme and order all the cute stuff from etsy! :) LOL!

Amanda March 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I love when they kick their legs out of excitement!!!!!!! She’s so cute : )

Reghan March 31, 2013 at 5:56 am

Brooke is so adorable!! My son is her birthday twin :) I can’t believe how fast the last 7.4 months have gone either and I’m totally going to start planning his birthday party!! Quinn slept about 10 hours straight by 4 months and by 5 months was sleeping 12 hour stretches. He now sleeps 6pm until 6am!

Danielle April 27, 2013 at 7:39 am

We’re still up 2x a night, sometimes more. She’ll be 8 months Wednesday. I refuse to sleep train before they understand that it’s bedtime and its for sleeping.

She loves spaghetti, but I’m not convinced she actually eats, but she does love to play with it. Also those yogurt dot things, lifesaver.