We actually drove an hour each way just to get Fish n’ Chips.

January 9, 2013

Cathryn told us last week about the cutest little town that we had to visit, Davenport.  The reason we took her recommendation so seriously was because she told us that they had AMAZING fish n chips and that we had to go.

Good fish n chips are more than worth the hour drive there.

Before we sat down for fish fillets battered and deep fried in goodness we hiked down to the most beautiful beach that I have ever been to.

You know when people say something is breathtaking and you roll your eyes wondering what that really means…. I now understand what the word really means.

On to the food portion of our day trip.

The Whale City Bakery is right across the street from the ocean so our views were perfect between the ocean and the food.

My Dearest Cathryn,

I will take any and all of your restaurant recommendations 100% seriously and drive whatever distance necessary to get to them.

We tried the Calamari and fries too.

Delicious dessert.

Did you know it is possible to fit 5 apples in one slice of apple pie.  That raspberry cheesecake was THE best cheesecake I have ever had.

After dinner we hiked back over to the beach to watch the sunset at 5:09.

Pretty darn perfect.

Brooke’s reaction to the sunset.

—————————————————————————————

Ever had fish n chips?  Love? Like?  Are you a fries person?

Last beach that you went to?  All time favorite beach?

What is your workout going to be today?   I am really wanting to get into doing core work regularly and I need some good ideas on what to do… what do you do?

TorontoRunner January 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

I wish I had a beach that beautiful around me. I’d love to take walks like that regularly!

I went to university and worked in the UK for 5 years…as you can imagine, fish and chips was huuuuuuge there. I love it! Also, Calamari is one of my fave things ever :D

I need some motivation to get some core work done – it’s been way too long!

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

These pictures are seriously priceless! Good job Billy for getting a good brain back ;-)

Ok wait I’m having an ADD moment and in your last post was your 3:04 marathon at altitude? If so that totally counts as breaking 3:00!!! Imagine if you would have run it at sea level?!

I need some core help too…

Sarah @PickyRunner January 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

You guys are too cute. You do so many fun things! Are those the pink pants from target? If so, I love them!
My favorite beach is in RI where I lifeguard in the summer. I guess you could say it has sentimental value haha but I’m getting in a long run! 10 miles and zumbaaaa :)

Angela January 9, 2013 at 5:08 am

Janae, you guys are so cute!
I have to tell you, you are somewhat of a celebrity amongst my mommy friends. We go on walks with our babies and talk about what an inspiration you are to moms everywhere!

P.S. Love your coat! I wish it was cool enough to wear coats here!

Nora January 9, 2013 at 5:14 am

Wow! Those pics are some of the best I’ve ever seen on your blog. Beautiful!

Katie @ msfitrunner January 9, 2013 at 5:14 am

Love the pictures – absolutely perfect!
I can’t even remember the last beach I went to;-)
I do love fish and chips, and those ones look amazing!
Walking planks are awesome for the core – and arms too! I am trying to sneak in core work throughout the day. I have 8 miles on the agenda for this afternoon because I simply could not pull myself out of bed at 5:00 this morning!
have a great day:)

Karen January 9, 2013 at 5:15 am

no great ideas for core work, but would love to get some from the comments here!

sometimes when i’m running i’ll lean forward or back and i can feel that in my core.

Kari @ Running Ricig January 9, 2013 at 5:15 am

I love fish and chips so much!

Your pictures are amazing! Brooke is getting cuter and cuter!

Today’s workout is an 11 mile run…if I can ever motivate myself to get out the door.

Tara January 9, 2013 at 5:19 am

Today’s workout will be going to the rock climbing gym!!! It will be my first time climbing with ropes and not bouldering (hopefully!!) but there will also be some bouldering too!!! So excited to try it with some wonderful people!

Kait - @runkaitrun January 9, 2013 at 5:24 am

man i am super busy of your guys’ recent adventures :) looks like a beautiful blast!

Lauren January 9, 2013 at 5:30 am

I had the best Fish and Chips experience of my life in England. Nothing has been able to compare since!

Jade January 9, 2013 at 5:31 am

What a great day, I love little day trips like that! My favorite beach is Cape Perpetua, Oregon. I really want to move back to Oregon and your blog with the beaches isn’t helping :)

mary @ minutes per mile January 9, 2013 at 5:38 am

Love fish and chips! I lived in England for a bit and really got into them. Plus they’re just soooo healthy, right? Good for you. My workout today was CrossFit. My boyfriend is trying to get me into it. It’s fun, but so different from running!

Julie @ Avocado Run January 9, 2013 at 5:38 am

So jealous you live in California and can visit beaches in the winter!! :)

My favorite beach is on Cape Cod – it’s call Mayflower and it has the most beautiful low tides…. You’ll have to check it out someday!

Micaela January 9, 2013 at 5:40 am

Best fish & chips = New Zealand (my home!) in my university town, Dunedin. $2 for chips, maybe $3.50 for the fish with most incredible lemon pepper batter….the shop is called the flying squid. You should definitely make the trip there :) (all of New Zealand is breathtakingly beautiful so we have that covered too. Or you could watch Lord of the Rings while you eat fish & chips at home!)

Kelly January 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Yay another Kiwi : ) We do the best fish and chips don’t we?! I live in Australia now and drive half an hour to get to a kiwi fish and chip shop – totally worth it!

Micaela January 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Defs! I live in Aus now too! Whereabouts are you? I’m in remote WA :)

Heather January 9, 2013 at 5:40 am

I’m not much of a fish person, but I LOVE sweet potato fries!!! If you haven’t had them, you need to try some!! Especially good with cinnamon and brown sugar. :)

Doing weights today!!

Last beach: Tybee island in Savannah, GA. That beach does look gorgeous! Glad you all are having a nice time together before Billy goes back to school!!

Holly KN January 9, 2013 at 5:43 am

Until about 30 seconds ago, I thought my quinoa with veggies was pretty much the most delicious thing I could want to eat. Thanks, Janae. :)

My workout for today was a 3 km swim (pretty good core work there), and a yin yoga class (ouch, my hips).

Candice January 9, 2013 at 5:47 am

Love fish, Your going to disown me as a friend maybe but I do not like fried fish.. it gives me the worst stomach issues… eek.

I did this GPP workout today and it kicked my trash! I’m having a hard time typing this…

I haven’t been to a beach since summer and I think it was pineview… or maybe UTAH Lake… (now that’s breathtaking……)

Deana (RockOrangeFive) January 9, 2013 at 5:48 am

What a great day and some really fantastic pictures!

I don’t have fish and chips often – but love a good set of them! A splash of lemon makes them perfect for me.

I really should do some strength training / core work, but just haven’t gotten into it yet. I have no good excuse – I have a whole weight station in my basement next to the treadmill. Although spending any more time in the cold dark basement, doesn’t appeal to me. I keep trying to convince my hubby to let me put the treadmill in our living room. For some reason he doesn’t like that idea, no clue why! :)

Mila January 9, 2013 at 5:48 am

I’m visiting the UK right now and fish and chips just remind me that I’m traveling and being happy :)
Oh gosh Brooke.

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 9, 2013 at 5:50 am

Fish and chips are wonderful. I am a big big fan! I’ve been to a few great beaches so I really can’t choose one but either the black sand beach in Santorini or Destin Fl. The sand in destin feels like powder! Sooooo soft!

Jess January 9, 2013 at 5:51 am

That last picture! Oh my heart! What a little doll you have. :) Enjoy vacation with Billy!

Lindsay January 9, 2013 at 5:55 am

Your pictures are so beautiful! Brooke is growing up really fast! Your posts make me smile every time I read them :D

Amy @Macncheesenpeas January 9, 2013 at 5:56 am

oh my gosh, beautiful pictures!!! :)

Shari January 9, 2013 at 6:02 am

That last picture is priceless … just beautiful! So is the beach — what a lovely place!

Stephanie January 9, 2013 at 6:07 am

I always do corework from the Nike training club app. They have runs of butt kicking 15 minute workouts. If I’m feeling extra lazy I tell myself ill at least do 5 minutes (all if the 15 min workouts are 3 sets of the same 5 min workouts) but I always convince myself to finish after that!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 6:09 am

Gorgeous pictures! I especially love the one of you and Brooke standing and watching the ocean… she’s a lucky little girl to be able to do so much travelling at such a young age :)

Lindsey January 9, 2013 at 6:10 am

You are right, that is beautiful and looks like its from a movie! So jealous.
We go to a place called Gull Lake that is only 20 mins from us, and my in-laws live there. We were that week and went cross country skiing.
I am hoping to run and worlout my legs tonight!

Why would you walk when you can run? January 9, 2013 at 6:16 am

Sweet!! I love day trips! :)

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling January 9, 2013 at 6:16 am

That beach looks gorgeous!

Katherine January 9, 2013 at 6:23 am

I have fun and chips and love it! :P Glad you had a good time.

Dominique January 9, 2013 at 6:25 am

My boyfriend is british so chips&fish are quite big affair for us :D we drive one hour regularly cause for him the right batter is everything-not that we dont have chip shop on every corner :D once per 2 week we make “the” trip..Im not big on chips so for me is usually fish with curry or tatar sauce on side and calamari generously sprinkled with sea salt..
For him its f&chips swimming in vinegar, curry sauce and chicken and mushrooms pie and if i desire some of his chips have to be really quick before he drench the whole plate with vinegar-which for me is just sooooo wrong I love the crunchy batter.

I live on island so the beach is all around..but today I walked dog on sea side alias city beach nothing special but i could look at sea for hours.

Rest day for me today just some squats while waiting for kettle to boil :D and is wednesday so in the evening we drive one hour for indian. Cant wait for my onion banjoes, vegetable curry and boneless chicken tikka. Nothing strange on drive for amazing food we do it 2-3times every week-my bf loves to drive it clears his mind, we listen to radio and try hard not to snack on sweets so we don’t spoil our dinner :D

amazing photos btw :D have a nice day Janea.

Dominique January 9, 2013 at 6:45 am

Seriously??
chips&fish? so fish and chips :)
banjoes?? bahjis..but maybe i could play on one of that banjoes while eating my delicious bahjis..
Janea?? im so sory Janae :0 my phone has some big problem with me today.

Karla @ myhighonlife January 9, 2013 at 6:27 am

I would kill to live in CA… I simply love it down there. I just got back last week from the Rose Bowl and we stayed in Manhattan Beach. I got to watch the first and last sunsets of 2012 on that exact beach with my man so I think that’s probably my favorite!

Day trips are so fun. We have a place called Devils Lake here in WI that i love to go hiking at for a day or two. can’t wait to go again this fall!

I have a 5mi run on the schedule and lifting legs. I am so sore but progress feels so good :)

Heather @ Operation Determination January 9, 2013 at 6:29 am

I love all of the pictures! The one of you and Brooke on the beach together is beautiful!

I am not a fish person so I have never had fish n chips. I am a fries person though!

I am not sure of the last beach I went to. Almost a year ago we went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico- that may have been the last one for me. My all time favorite beach is any beach that I get to go to- because it doesn’t happen that often! I loved all of the beaches in Mexico but I also loved the beaches that we went to on the couple of cruises that we have been on.

My workout today will probably be the recumbent bike at the gym. I just had surgery a week ago and am still in recovery mode. I am itching to run but don’t think that is the best idea. I will have to settle for the bike and walking. Maybe a few squats too.

Enjoy your last few days with B Sr.!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 9, 2013 at 6:29 am

Cute pink pants! ;) Glad you guys were able to get away for the day! There’s so many awesome places to visit along California. I’m currently trying to decide if today will be a rest day or not, so we’ll see about that workout. As for core work, PLANKS of all kinds are the best!

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud January 9, 2013 at 6:31 am

last beach i “went” to was Myrtle Beach this weekend, but we didnt actually enjoy the beach since it was for work!
My favorite beaches are in the caribbean!
and i must say, thhis post is full of awesome pictures!

Andrea @ mainerunnergirl January 9, 2013 at 6:31 am

I ordered just the “Ab Ripper” DVD that’s part of P90x. It’s about 15 minutes long and left me so sore the next day (and days after!). I should probably dig that thing out of storage and start doing it again myself!

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More January 9, 2013 at 6:32 am

Those desserts look perfect! That is definitely the tallest apple pie I have ever seen.

Last beach I went to was Harris Beach along the Southern Oregon coast. Beautiful! All time favorite beach is in Kauai, HI.

Laura @ runningjunkie123 January 9, 2013 at 6:35 am

Your family is SO adorable!!

I would totally drive an hour each way for a good meal. No second thought about that! I love trying new restaurants too!

I am doing a Pilates class twice a week. I like it because I never push myself to really work my core. In a class, with others and a teacher watching, I’m going to give it all I have.

Meagan @ Managing Meagan January 9, 2013 at 6:42 am

OMG! That piece of apple pie is HUUUUUGE!

Your fam is adorable! So cute!!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 9, 2013 at 6:48 am

I would drive that far for that delicious food too!! Ok so I know you totally don’t need a babysitter but I think I should move to cali to babysit Brooke for you, you can pay me in frozen yogurt!

Ashlyn G. January 9, 2013 at 6:50 am

Brooke’s outfit is adorable! And I’m not just saying this because I work at baby Gap :)

Not a fish fan and I haven’t had a french fry in years.

Last beach Gulf Shores Alabama.

No workout today for me, I went with a Running Club at the Y yesterday. But I am going shopping with my best friend!

Megan @ The Running Doc January 9, 2013 at 6:51 am

I once drove an hour and a half each way just for the world’s most awesome garlic bread sticks. It was totally worth it!

That picture of Brooke watching the sunset it just too cute!

eep January 9, 2013 at 6:55 am

Is Baby Brooke teething? Sucking on your fingers and her cheeks are so red! Nom nom nom! I love baby cheeks.

I also love the beach. I grew up in North Carolina about an hour from the beach, so during the summer we would drive down for the day at least twice a week. I think my mother became a teacher just for the summers off so that she could go to the beach all of the time. Now I live 3.5 hours away from any beach and it makes me sad. I miss shrimp and fish so so much.

I ran and did yoga yesterday, so today is a rest day for me! I slept in and stayed warm and snuggly.

Kim @ The Family Practice Blog January 9, 2013 at 6:55 am

Wow! What a gorgeous beach

claire January 9, 2013 at 7:00 am

I love the boots you’ve been wearing lately. Do you mind sharing what brand/style they are?

The Hungry Runner Girl January 9, 2013 at 8:50 am

Thank you so much! They are Steve Madden and I got them at Nordstrom Rack! I hope you are having a great day!

Dagmar January 9, 2013 at 7:05 am

What a beautiful place! I’d love to go there someday.
One hour in each direction is nothing :-) – we do that every time we need to get paperwork done or even go to a bigger supermarket.

Lauren January 9, 2013 at 7:15 am

I’m going to the Outer Banks with my boyfriend next weekend for his birthday, it won’t be warm but I’m still excited to smell the ocean and have sand between my toes!

Re: abs, I figured out a good ab combo this morning. Lay on your back, bend your knees and turn both of them to one side (like you’re going to do a regular oblique crunch). Then do your regular oblique crunch *BUT* at the same time you’re coming up for your crunch, keep your shoes together but lift your top leg (I think this is called the “can opener”).

Sierra January 9, 2013 at 7:16 am

I’ve been to Davenport a couple times and it is a beautiful place. I’m really upset that I have no knowledge of these fish and chips…I making my mom take me there next time I visit.

Amazing photos…your little family is adorable.

Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

dont like fish n’ chips but i like fried calamari lol
a beach up by bodega bay.
i do planks, for 2 minutes each, front, left side, right side, then i repeat.

Jenn@ Run It My Way January 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

I’m from Newfoundland so I’m genetically hardwired to LOVE fish & chips! You can get lots of great seafood on the east coast and fish & chips is our specialty!

Looks like you guys had an awesome day :) Brooke is so precious, she gets cuter every day!

Natalie @ Free Range Human January 9, 2013 at 7:24 am

Those pictures are gorgeous! Looks like such a fun day. I’m so glad you had so many healthy eats ;)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 9, 2013 at 7:24 am

That is absolutely gorgeous. You’re lucky to have this time in CA to explore, it’s such a big state with so many places to visit! The last beach I went to was… lake Michigan. Haha but the last REAL beach was probably Sullivans Island in SC!

christa January 9, 2013 at 7:32 am

my husband went to high school in london – when we went to visit his parents there, we had fish ‘n chips at his favorite place! they were legit – served wrapped in newspaper and everything. but they leave the scales on one side, yikes!

we are having a family reunion at top sail beach this summer!

Pam January 9, 2013 at 7:34 am

all of the pics are beautiful Janae!! :) your family is very photogenic! I’m looking forward to making it up North this year & doing some sight-seeing! Davenport, Solvang are on the list! Rocky loves fish n chips so, I’ll have to recommend that place to him. :)

happy to hear that you’re enjoying vacation time with your Billy! :)

When I want fries I love “five guys”, “In N Out”, & “chik-fil-a” waffles fries. No particular order, they’re all gooood!!!! have a wonderful day beautiful! :)

Cathryn January 9, 2013 at 7:38 am

Hi! Thanks SO much for the shout-out, you’ve made my day! But I’m actually more excited that you liked the Fish and Chips, we LOVE that place. Their brownies are excellent too at the bakery bar!!! It always makes me happy when people like the places I recommend!!!! x

Lindsay January 9, 2013 at 7:42 am

Loooooove fish and chips! Except, I remember the first time I had it when I was in England visiting relatives…and the fish still had it’s skin on. I think I was maybe 12, and had NEVER seen fish served with skin on. I was so grossed out. (I’ve clearly gotten over this since then, and eat every piece of fish set in front of me).

Dani @ Live Lightly Everyday January 9, 2013 at 7:42 am

Your family is so beautiful! I am jealous of all of your guys’ amazing and stunning day trips!!

Lora @ Crazy Running Girl January 9, 2013 at 7:49 am

Such beautiful views!! And that food looks amazing and worth the hour drive. When we lived in FL, we drove over an hour one way to go to Chipotle. Yes I’m that obsessed! :)

Planks are my fav core workouts, along with kettlebell workouts. Kettlebell swings are amazing!!

Missy January 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

Amazing!!
That’s all!

Erica January 9, 2013 at 7:51 am

B Sr., if you read these comments: great photo with the menu!

Core work? Does engaging it on and off while I stand in front of the classroom count?

Billy January 9, 2013 at 10:31 am

Thanks :)

kayleigh January 9, 2013 at 8:09 am

janae! i love your outfit! may i ask you where your shirt is from? i’m assuming the pink pants are from target?

The Hungry Runner Girl January 9, 2013 at 8:44 am

Hey!!!! Thank you so much! The pants and shirt are from target:) hope you are having a great day!

Kayleigh January 9, 2013 at 10:27 am

thanks girl! hope your day is going good as well!

Annette@FitnessPerks January 9, 2013 at 8:17 am

Awwww what a perfect day! Brooke is such an adorable baby. I love all her faces & her cute chubby cheeks!

Amy N. January 9, 2013 at 8:29 am

Those pictures are absolutely stunning! I love that first one especially. I may have to come visit you and get a food tour of California. So yummy.

Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 8:44 am

BEST cheesecake in the world?? Hmm that sounds like it’s worth the PLANE ride there ;)! Today’s workout was a walk along the water- perfect start to my day !

Lizzy January 9, 2013 at 8:55 am

look at those cheeks !!!!
i am getting ready to take a trip to big sur and san fran, i will have to stop at the fish n chips place on my way north!!

Lizzy January 9, 2013 at 9:00 am

the beach & scenery=SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE CALIFORNIA!
and your pants!!! too cute!
LOVE you J!!!
p.s. I am so excited about your trail-race, there are a bunch of awesome ones in the bay area/sacramento area in late-summer, we’ve got to do one if you’re here (this blog-post makes it sound like you’re not leaving Cali anytime soon!!) ;)
xoxo!

Bri January 9, 2013 at 9:13 am

I am very jealous of this post because a) I love your outfit. b) I love fish & chips. c) I wish I got to spend the day with my baby & hubs! I hope you enjoy the next few days with them!

Traci January 9, 2013 at 9:19 am

That is the same beach my now husband and I took our engagement photos! Looks like you all had a great day!

You should try Sweet Pea’s in Los Gatos! They have amazing crepes and its close to down lg which is a fun place to walk around! Also, Verona park is close and is a great place to run or walk around with Brooke.

I am born and raised in Santa Cruz if you ever have questions, and I also lived in sj for 6years but we are back in sc. feel free to email me chocolateandcardio@yahoo.com :)

Kate @ So Cal Runner Gal January 9, 2013 at 9:24 am

Wow, Janae! Those photos are gorgeous! Especially the one of you pushing the stroller. How did you edit that?

Ahhh, we are so lucky to live on the west coast, aren’t we? I’m constantly in awe.

jrm January 9, 2013 at 9:36 am

Seriously, y’all are awesome. Brooke’s facial expressions are priceless. So glad to see you are enjoying your break.

I can’t remember the last beach I went to. I think Myrtle Beach several years back. I live in a land locked state and have visited friends over the past few years in land locked states so all is not lost. But hoping/planning to get to Monterrey later in the year so your posts this week have been great super helpful.

Lace @ FamilyFitnessandFoodery January 9, 2013 at 9:40 am

1.) Like not love. Only a mild fan of our aquatic friends…
2.) Cancun had the nicest, and by nicest I mean least murky, beach I’ve ever been too. And I LOVED IT!
3.) Just an easy 2 miles on the training schedge for today YAY!
p.s. The pics are fantastic!

Renee January 9, 2013 at 10:00 am

Are those your new pink pants??? I love them…if I ever lose this baby weight, I’m rewarding myself with some colored denim! You are Brooke are 2 of the most beautiful people I know.

I’ve never had them, but I’m sure I’d like them. I like fish and I like fries :)

Uhhh the last beach I’ve been to was somewhere on the gulf in Texas o 2 years ago. Not much beach action in the middle of Nebraska.

I’m going running today! Just starting up again after resting an injury and following a super duper conservative training plan, but I just want to get my body healthy and get back into running after baby. My baby belly is horrendous so I’ve been needing to do a lot. I find a ton of workouts in Pinterest and if I don’t know what a move is I’ll google it. I did a pyramid workout yesterday (http://pinterest.com/pin/73042825178173036/) and have been doing a lot of planks. Or I’ll just do like 30-50 reps of a bunch of different exercises targeting different parts of my core. I use to do like 500-700 total a night…I desperately need to get back into it.

Katie @ running4cupcakes January 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

Oh my goodness – so beautiful and I am sure that it is so much more in person than in pictures. That picture of Brooke looking at the sunset was adorable! I am super excited to try the new core exercise that Julie @ PBFingers talked about in her blog post today – called the scorpion – looks killer. ;)

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona January 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

That sunset looks absolutely beautiful!

Lauren January 9, 2013 at 10:08 am

These pics are absolutely gorgeous! Love your jacket and boots! So stylish :)

Kay January 9, 2013 at 10:13 am

What a perfect day! The food and the view both look amazing!

Rebecca@Runningfoodbaby January 9, 2013 at 10:19 am

I looooove fish and chips! So good :-)

We go to California every year and I think that we are going to drive up the coast to San Francisco next year :-)

Julie January 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

The last beaches I went to were in Costa Rica and they were absolutely perfect! That beach you went to looks amazing too…have you been to La Joya yet? I love the beach there – lots of seals!!!!

Tara Williams January 9, 2013 at 10:26 am

This is my favorite post yet! This town looks amazing, I love the adventures you and Billy go on. Your outfit is perfect, Brooke is perfect, your family is perfect. I love it all!!!!!

Holly January 9, 2013 at 10:27 am

These are some of my FAVORITE pictures EVER of the three of you. The one of you & Brooke on the beach looking out is BEAUTIFUL & the one of you pushing her in the stroller…I’m so in LOVE! You are so gorgeous & so is little Miss Brooke! :)
I haven’t read for like five days & I CANNOT believe how big she has gotten…it seriously looks like she has grown up so much in a week. I’m amazed!

Blaire @ Just Been Running January 9, 2013 at 10:31 am

Wow, your post with these pictures seriously took my breath away. I used to live in SoCal, but we recently went back to N.Cali (San Fran, Sonoma, Napa) for our 2 year anniversary and I have been trying to move there ever since. California is just so amazingly beautiful and I would give anything to be able to explore like you have in your past few posts!

Those pictures are just fantastic, what a way to capture everything. Not only the breathtakingly beautiful views, but your beautiful family as well :)

Laura January 9, 2013 at 10:56 am

Sorry if somebody already said this (skimmed the comments but maybe I missed it) – but did you watch The Bachelor this week? Ari was on it and he was wearing the same shirt Billy was wearing in these pics!!!

Amy G January 9, 2013 at 11:16 am

I really wish there was some way I could have you express ship me some of fish and chips – they looks AWESOME! And the apple pie? Crazy! Brooke is such a sweetie! I know you probably hear this all the time but she is truly adorable!

Sharisse January 9, 2013 at 11:21 am

Yum – will have to add that town to my must-visit list. That beach does look breathtaking.

Your top and coat are super cute, by the way!

Potatoes and Pilates January 9, 2013 at 11:26 am

I believe in travelling great distances for amazing food, especially seafood!

Beautiful pictures of your little family!

P.S. Are those your new pink Target pants?

The Hungry Runner Girl January 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Thank you so much!!! Yes:)

Ashlee January 9, 2013 at 11:29 am

That apple pie looks verrrrrry good!!
Have yall visited Sausalito? I wanted to SO bad when we traveled to San Fran back in Oct, but didn’t get the chance. I’ve heard good things!

Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian January 9, 2013 at 11:37 am

Looks like such a beautiful day at the beach! You guys have such awesome adventures, I love it. I’ve never had fish and chips because I’m a vegetarian, so I will defer to my boyfriend’s opinion and he loves them! My workout today will (hopefully) be the 30 day shred.

Kelly @ Turned up To Eleven! January 9, 2013 at 12:01 pm

The image of you two looking at the ocean made my heart flutter and my biological clock start ticking. SO precious!!!

michelle kim January 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

No so much into the fish as I am the chips (except the fish and chips at California Fish Grill in Southern California was REALLY good).
Brooke is probably teething? She’ll start gnawing and sucking on all sorts of things as her cute little teeth come in :D

Sonia the Mexigarian January 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm

If those are the pink pants from Target, then I better get my butt over there. I need pants other than the yoga ones I live in :)

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for reminding me about Davenport. I always forget about that little area of Highway 1. Gorgeous out that way.

Going to yoga at 7:30. Think of sneaking in at least 2 miles before hand on the treadmill at the gym.

Summer T. January 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm

This is one of my very favorites posts from HRG :) Love it!!! Thanks for being a ray of sunshine each day :)

Heather @ Run Eat Play January 9, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Those are beautiful pictures! Looks like a great time!

I did a HIIT workout on the treadmill this morning and am heading to yoga tonight.

Nicole January 9, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Do you think Brooke likes to suck on other people’s hands because everyone else gets to eat yummy things like that Apple Pie, that Cheesecake, or Sour Patch Kids??? ;)

The Hungry Runner Girl January 9, 2013 at 2:24 pm

HAHAH I think you are very right Nicole!

Danielle January 9, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Those are such beautiful photos! Not only will you appreciate them a few years down the road, but I have a feeling Brooke will as well! You have just given me the biggest craving for fish and chips, but at the moment I am too lazy to get up to go to my kitchen, let alone go to a restaurant!

Lora January 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm

That last picture of Brooke is amazing. The beach pic of the two of you is beautiful, too!

Core work — I force myself to do core work first thing in the morning. Before I’m dressed for the day. Really, it helps to wake me up, I think!

Lora January 9, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Oh! and that cheesecake is making my mouth water!

Shelley G January 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Omg those fish and chips look amazing! I live in Arizona but may have to make a trip there just for those… lol. Pretty sure I need fried fish now.

Brooke looks like she had a ball at the beach! :) Too cute.

I’m a new runner and have recently started reading your blog. I just got back from a 3.33 mile run. Not that long but it’s a start. ;) It’s very inspiring/motivating to read about your running – and food! – adventures!! :-)

Kayla @ kpLOVINGit January 10, 2013 at 2:39 am

Wow. Those pictures are beautiful!!! If that was only a hour away from my house, I’d go there every weekend.

I eat fish n chips everywhere! My husband makes me some pretty good ones!

Fav beach: Santa Monica for the people watching, weather, and lemonade hotdog stand.

alyssa January 10, 2013 at 5:36 am

this made me smile from ear to ear and i was having a crummy morning, so thank you. can i come visit?

The Hungry Runner Girl January 10, 2013 at 7:05 am

Yes yes yes! I am sorry you have had a bad morning!!! Hugs!!!!!!!

Jenn January 14, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Just wanted to let you know that my bf and I went to Davenport (I’ve lived in San Jose for 11 years and never even heard of it) and Whale City this weekend after reading your post. The food at Whale City was great but the beach was even better. We loved the cool rocks, fresh water running into the ocean, and everything about it. Thanks for the recommendation!

The Hungry Runner Girl January 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

That makes me so so happy!!!! I’m glad you loved it! We should go for froyo someday!