The coolest anniversary EVER!

April 10, 2012

Workout:  Pump and elliptical.

It’s the craziest thing, when you don’t even come near weights for a few weeks and then you attempt to do them again it is really hard. Every muscle in your body becomes very sore and you just want to lay on the ground for the rest of your life.

Photo 2 copy 7

Lunch was with my favorite ladies, my mom and my sister.  Thank goodness my mom unconditionally loves me even when I show up to the restaurant in my workout clothes, maybe that is why she chose to sit at the table in the back.

Photo 2

I downed that salad and helped out my nephew with his nachos too.  Weights make me even hungrier than normal.

Now we are hanging out with these crazies and about to go to the park with my sister and her kids again.  This is my kind of spring break.

Photo 4

Billy and I have a pizza party with his class mates tonight and I am already looking forward to extra cheese….some days my hunger cannot be tamed.

——————————————————-

Coolest thing ever:

PCM 2012 logo 01 hi res

Billy and I have been married for almost 3 years.  This year we are celebrating our anniversary the best way that my brain could even imagine.  We are starting off the day (I force him to celebrate the ENTIRE day, hello…3 years ago on May 5th he became the happiest man alive:) by running a race. The Provo City Half Marathon!  The bestest part is that we will actually be running it TOGETHER.  He won’t be his normal speeding bullet because this 1/2 is just for fun for him because it is in between 2 of his key races.

This will be our first race ran entirely together ever.  Expect a ridiculous amount of photos.  He did draw the line and said we couldn’t hold hands the whole time or feed each other our cups of gatorade with our arms interlocked but he didn’t say anything about not wearing matching outfits.

——————————————–

What day is your anniversary?  What anniversaries do you celebrate?

What races will you be doing in May?  Any races that you are planning to run with somebody?

When was your last weight session?  What muscle group did you work on?  Were you sore after?

Does anyone else have a bottomless pit for a stomach today?

char eats greens April 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm

My anniversary is Oct 16th and we’ll be going on three years then, too!!! Last year my hubby bought me a running watch for it…and I almost died!!! I can’t wait to hear how your race goes running with him. Now, if you could convince my hubby to start running with me, that’d be great. As of now, he’s afraid I’d be too quick for him, but he hasn’t seen my elephant-style running lately!

lisa @ early morning run April 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Sounds like such a fun way to celebrate! My husband and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary on June 9th! I can’t believe it’s almost been five years. So crazy. We’ve run a couple races together, and while he stays with me for a bit, he ends up going out in front. I have to admit it’s kind of annoying because I’m the runner! Oh well, he’s awesome, what I can I say?

lisa @ early morning run April 10, 2012 at 7:36 pm

woops! Totally didn’t mean to reply to this comment! Sorry!

Losing Lindy April 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

normally my stomach is a bottomless pit.

Sherri April 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

We have November 30, 2011 (the day of ur civil ceremony) and we will also have May 23, 2012, the date of our official wedding we have planned in Punta Cana :) I will always think of the November anniversary as our real one and I like the date better (11/30/11)!

No races in May but possibly a half in June, the Fairfield Half Marathon in Connecticut. I hear it is really hilly so I’m worried I might not PR!

Worked my biceps, triceps, glutes, quads and hammies today :) Oh and abs.

And I too am a bottomless pit always!

Deirdre @ Oh Well Whatever April 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm

OMG wait until you start breastfeeding, never get full!!!

My anniversary is 2.29.04 – yep leap year. I love having it on a special date, makes it a bit more fun.

Why o why did you bring up May. I have a 1/2 marathon on 5/6 and a 24-hour race on 5/27. Did I mention I am still completely out of shape and almost died after my 8 mile run last weekend? Both are just totally for fun though and my husband will be at the 24-hour one. http://www.oldgoatrunners.com/old_goat_50_home_page_017.htm)

Ashley April 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Mine and my boyfriend’s 3 year dating anniversary will be May 30th. I haven’t decided yet how I want to force him to celebrate it. I’m thinking my favorite restaurant? ;)

In all reality, I am just hoping I will get to spend it with him. I am looking for a job right now (about to graduate), and there are none near him. :( I hope I don’t have to move too far away, as our relationship has already been (somewhat) long-distance for most of the time we have dated.

Katie @ msfitrunner April 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

My anniversary is January 8th – that’s just about the only one we celebrate! I don’t have any races in May, but I have a marathong April 28th and a half on June 2nd, so May is sandwiched in between:)
I haven’t done weights since last week – I try not to do them the week of a marathon. I cheated a little and did a little arms on Monday. I can’t stay away. I am usually hungrier too, if I do weights.
Enjoy your extra cheesy pizza!

Shannon April 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

How did you do that funny picture? It is so cute:) May is a great month for anniversaries, happy anniversary to you! Ours is May 11 and will be celebrating number 13!!!!

LEAH April 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Hahahah you crack me up, I lol’d at the matching outfits!

I did Jillian Michaels yoga last nigiht and some extra abs after, she always kicks my butt!

Leah April 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oops, name was in capital letters, frightening…

HollieisFueledByLOLZ April 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh girl how exciting! No anniversaries for me…! Anyways-as far as races, I’m taking a nice break in May to recoup. (I’m racing a couple halves in late April and then one in early June.). I love that you guy race together too adorable!

Jessica April 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Congrats on 3 years! Love the idea of celebrating with a race.

Jake April 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I think that is a GREAT way to kick off the anniversary celebrations! You should absolutely be wearing matching outfits :-)

We’re coming down that day to run the 5K. Its a nice fast PR course. Depending on how quickly I recover from Boston, I’ll probably end up pacing Andrea and it will be the first race we run together as well.

Sarah April 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Just hold hands when you cross the finish line together!

Allison April 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I am always a bottomless pit!

Lindsey April 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Ours is September 18th, but our dating anniversary is Sept 21st so we celebrate them together.
I have a mini-tri I am doing with a BF, 250m swim, 9km bike and 3km run. Oddly I am nervous – cause of the swimming!
I did upper body weights Sunday, yes my chest is still sore today! I u’ed the weights on my chest fly!
I am a bottomless pit! I was just thinking that, and I am out of snacks at work! Still 90 mins till home time too!

Nicole @ Haute Running Mama April 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Awwww fun!!! I can’t wait to see lots and lots of pics!

My anni is 03/25 :) I started the day with a 15k then refueled at an awesome dinner! A family that runs together stays together :)

May is a no race month for me but it will be a high mileage month…as long as my legs let me :) Janae, I am always hungry. Even when I’m not I’m eating or drinking something. I have to gross people out. Have to! LOL!

Kate @ Run with Kate April 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm

What an awesome way to celebrate your anniversary!!

AND P.S. YOU GOT MARRIED ON MY BIRTHDAY, JUST SO YOU KNOW!! :) I feel so special.

Diana April 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Oh my gosh you two are so cute, this just warmed my heart! I can’t imagine a better anniversary celebration for you two!

Camille April 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I’m running that race too!!!!! Unfortunately my husband isn’t the biggest running fan, so he will NOT be running it with me. Although last summer on our anniversary I ran a race as well! Just by myself :)

Hope to see you there!

Alex April 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Sounds like the best way to spend your anniversary! Be sure to wear some crazy costumes because I bet you will get a lot of cheers. Always makes my day when I am running a race.

Megan D April 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm

It’s like you read my comment from this morning and then decided to taunt me with that picture of the mango salad. How rude! ;) Yay for 3 years. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 8th year on September 23. Craziness. And cinco de Mayo for an anniversary?! That is a fun way to celebrate for sure! There is a 5k fun run in AF on that day that will have chips and salsa at the finish line. I am thinking that would be kind of fun. We shall see what I will do. I like to procrastinate any decision making as long as possible.

My stomach is always a bottomless pit, but weights do make me hungrier. I was supposed to go to PUMP this morning, but then I woke up at 3AM super nauseous and so I slept in instead. Lame sauce. I plan on getting my Jillian on (that sounds so wrong) later today. So my last weights session was RIPPED on Friday. Have fun with the nieces/nephew today!

Liz @ runbakerace April 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Love that anniversary idea!!! I just celebrated my 1st wedding anniversary on March 19th and we did the cake eating tradition. Husband vacuum sealed it so it tasted the same as the day we got married. :)

Leyna April 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm

My anniversary is August 2 and this year will be the big 1-0! I can’t believe we’ve been married for a decade!! Life is so much sweeter with the one you love :) I’m trying to convince him that we need to go to Hawaii (he’s 1/4 Hawaiian and his parents live on Oahu) and get re-married on the beach and then leave the munchkins with his folks and go to Maui where we did our honeymoon. Fingers crossed it’ll work – he thinks we should do it for our 20th anniversary. I’m doing the Run Like a Mother 5k on Mother’s Day with my Mom and then I’m doing the Patriot Half-Marathon on Memorial Day. I can’t wait for either of these races!

Kaitlyn April 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

What a fun way to celebrate! I did legs a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t walk for two days. Thank goodness for foam rolling!

Ida April 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

my bf and I did a 5.2 mile mud run to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. It was fun to do a low-key event together and he let me cross the finish line first:)

I love making my legs sore with lunges!

Run In Boise April 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Awww, happy anniversary! I am thinking about doing a marathon on May 5th. It is mine and the BFs birthday weekend that weekend. So I have it off from work. :-)

Sarah Elizabeth April 10, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I recently found out that one of my best friends since childhood is pregnant! She’s due in November, right after you. She and her hubby will be married for 3 years in early May, just like you and Billy. Craziness!

Sabrina April 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

HOW AWESOME!!! Tomorrow my BF and I will be together 10 months… I wonder if I can get him to do a race with me on our 1 year?? You are an inspiration! ;)

penny@herworldlypleasures April 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm

How very cool to be celebrating such a milestone with a race together!
You are a very lucky gal and very deservedly so :)

Erika@YouJustDidWhat April 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

The last race I did I remember a couple in front of me holding hands along the course!!
I WISH my stomach was a bottomless pit! But it isn’t! Bummer.
My anniversary is Aug 5 and it will be 6 yrs!! Wow!!

Caitlin April 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Our two year anniversary is June 36th and we might go to the beach!

Katheryn April 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

What a fun anniversary celebration! Hubby and I just celebrated our 11 year anniversary on Saturday. We never exchange gifts on our day. Some years we go out, some years we don’t do much. This year we took a long drive with the kids (I am a month away from baby #3), and then got takeout and watched a movie that night after the kiddies went to bed.

We’ve done two races together. One 5k and one team triathlon together. Hubs is a biker and I’m a runner, so we don’t usually race together, but we are each other’s biggest fans.

Patti @ This Starts Tonight April 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Ya know what, we don’t really have an anniversary. It’s kind of when we go back to the show we met doing…but we won’t have time to celebrate because we’ll be rehearsing fourteen hours a day! Just being there is kind of a celebration, though.

We ran a 5k together in March – it was nice. We were able to push each other. No May races – we’ll be apart for two weekends while Alex takes the dog to his parents’ for the summer and I finish my current show. We’re going to have to do two in June, if possible!

I AM A BOTTOMLESS PIT TODAY. Shaky from low blood-pressure/low blood sugar even though I just keep eating! Meeting Alex for wings in an hour YES.

Yellow Haired Girl April 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm

My last weight session was the morning – all about the arms, baby! I worked hard (like, shampooing my hair was difficult after), so I think I’m going to be a tad sore when I wake up tomorrow ….

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I did weights yesterday, circuit workout today! And I love the idea of you two doing that race together!

Kendra April 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

That is awesome. I’m thinking of doing that race, if I do it will be my third year doing it. Our anny is June 1st and were celebrating 5 years. I’m pretty excited. I want to go to san fran for a weekend but ill be happy if we can get away to Vegas. I would love it if my hubs would run another race with me. You’ll have to do some cheesy posses for the photographer. I can’t seem to get enough fudgecicles, but that’s about it for me today. And I love the idea of matching outfits. You could make shirts…

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More April 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Not a bottomless pit today, but nothing really sounds good to eat.

Kay April 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Happy anniversary!!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm

That’s the cutest anniversary ever! You guys should totally hold hands and get a picture when you cross the finish line :D I usually always get sore after weights, and some days I am a bottomless pit too! Actually, I usually am lol

Liana@RunToMunch April 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm

my stomach is always a bottomless pit. I’m gearing up for 2 half marathons in May.

Katie M April 10, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Did you two decide to get married 11 days before us so you could steal the show? We’re 3 years on May 16. 1st year was paper, 2nd year was cotton, 3rd year is leather. How bout a nice new leather bag for my anniversary? wooo!

Kate @ Chasing It April 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm

you two are so cute. I need to find a man who will celebrate our anniversary by running a race or doing a bike race or a triathlon with me!!!

Julia April 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I’m graduating from college on May 5! That’s almost as exciting as running a race.

My anniversary will be May 26th — I’m getting married this year.

Brooke @ sweats & sweets April 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm

October 8 will be our first anniversary! We’re celebrating by going to Atlanta and watching me run my first half marathon the day before! I am so excited! 6 months into marriage was Sunday.

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri April 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm

June 10th is my one year anniversary!! SO excited. Can’t believe its already been a year!

Sarah April 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Ahh that will be so much fun! What a great way to celebrate. Scott and I just had our 3 years this part March 7th. We don’t really do much actually. Usually just go out to dinner and for the past three years he has gotten me a small gift and a card and I only got him a card on our first anniversary. Ooophs, does that make me a bad wife hehe.

My marathon is May 6th so I will be running the day after you guys! Woot! I am pretty excited about it.

Meghan April 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Our anniversary is 8.20 and we will be celebrating one year this summer!

I am also running a half marathon on May 5th, with one of my friends! Hooray for half marathons that day. That is cool that you and Billy are running together. My husband has been training with me for the half but will be cheering me on that day since he didn’t want to run.

Weights? Probably some time in 2011. Whoops!

Sarah April 10, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Love that you are running a race on your anniversary together. My husband and I celebrate by going to McDonalds, slightly pathetic, ice cream and diet cokes.

It’s my dream to run a race on my birthday or anniversary. My husband and I did run the Chicago Marathon on 10/10/10. We ran the entire races together and finished the race holding hands. Slightly embarrassing, but totally worth it!

Happy Spring Break.

Alex@foodrunfun.com April 10, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Super cute to run a race together for your anniversary!
Our anniversary is September 24th, this year will be our first one!
In May I am running Color Me Rad with my sister in law, aunts and uncle!

Tiffany April 10, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I ran that race in 2010; and I loved the course (very flat), but it snowed/rained/hailed the whole time! I hope you have better luck with it. I am sure it’ll be great no matter what since you guys will be together. Congrats on your anniversary early ;)

Abby April 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Happy early anniversary! I’ll be running the Pittsburgh Marathon the next day, my first. And our anniversary is lucky 7/7/07.

I have been a bottomless pit today too- the work pot lucks always do that to me!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Haha you crack me up. Sorry that Billy won’t hold hands the whole time … that’s just rude. ;) But how cool that you are racing together! Brandon ran my first half with me, but he’s not running this next one. He thinks it’s a better idea to go golfing instead. Crazy boy. :P

Missy April 10, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Oh I love that yall are running a race together for your anniversary! That’s awesome! Yall are so freakin cute! Congrats on 3 years of marriage!

Tabaitha April 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Our Wedding Anniversary is February 11th and we have been married 6 years. We also celebrate our dating anniversary, which is Feb.23rd and lastly, we celebrate the day we got engaged, mostly because it is my favorite holiday…the 4th of July! I won’t be doing any races in May. Way to hot down here in Texas.
I did strength training today and worked my upper body. Mostly my shoulders.
I already had dinner and just had a piece of flatout flatbread with humus for a snack!

Cait the Arty Runnerchick April 10, 2012 at 6:32 pm

awww, u guys will have so much fun getting sweaty and lovin on each other all day for ur anniversary! :)

oh man, bottomless pit syndrome is my life…and i have to second loving people who don’t care that we go out with them in full on sweats/post workout style. ;)

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs April 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm

That’s such a fun anniversary! Mine and my husband’s 2nd anniversary is May 1st, a good month to get married I guess! You got married at the Temple yes? I bet it was GORGEOUS! The tulips right now are amazing :)

I have ballet tonight and I went on 2 walks with the puppy today, that counts!! If you come up to SLC during your Spring Break text me! We need to get lunch or something STAT!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 10, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Awww you guys are precious…something for Chris and I to live up to when we get married :). And you should totally try to sneak in some hand holdage hehe.

Jessie April 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

My anniversary was December 11th. We ate steak, and then my husband surprised me with cupcakes and a massage! It was awesome!! I don’t have any races in May- just my tri on April 29! Can’t believe it’s so soon already.

My stomach always feels like a bottomless pit! Arg!! I am a human trash disposal!

Glad you are enjoying your spring break! I’m toats jealous!

Lisa April 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

You’re anniversary is 9 days before ours! Great idea with the run. So fitting. :)

sara April 10, 2012 at 7:03 pm

We share an anniversary. Ours is 5-5-05.

Janae April 10, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Best day ever to get married!!

Kayla @ The Best Things April 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Ours is May 2nd.. 2 years coming up!! We haven’t actually been in the same city for an anniversary yet though. I do love racing together. Last time I let him go ahead then tried to pass him in a sprinting sneak attack. Didn’t work.

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) April 10, 2012 at 7:19 pm

What a fantastic idea! <3

My hubby and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in August and I'm trying to think of a fun outing for us. I was going to whisk him away to the mountains but then we decided to take a trip to Vancouver the week after our anniversary, and I definitely cannot do two trips back to back (too much moola $$$ !!)

karla c April 10, 2012 at 7:20 pm

that is so cute! Hubby and I are going to be celebrating our 1yr anniversary july 9th! we just talked about plans for it tonight! we actually celebrate every month anniversary with a card and he writes the sweetest things….swoooon! he started this when we started dating and we do it now as husband and wife. I love it! I am running my first ever race in may. its only a 5k but I’m really excited.

Meghan Rene April 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

My stomach is a bottomless pit… every… single… day.

I love your anniversary celebration – matching outfits – a MUST. Peter and I have our 5 year dating anniversary this May 16th. My Papa’s birthday :)

Erica April 10, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Our anniversary is June 29th. we do a date night the 29th of every month for that reason. We also do our engagement anniversary, and our first date anniversary.

Race in May is a 20K on May 5th!!!!!!!!

lindsay April 10, 2012 at 7:30 pm

yea! happy almost anniversary. What a great way to celebrate. I agree.

p.s.
can your mom adopt me too?

Katie April 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Yahoo!!!! Can’t wait! You’ll have to be waiting at the finish line eating maglebys Bfast for a few hours waiting for me to finish! Haha hooray for may 5 anniversaries and how fun to run it together. I’m trying to talk my hub into running the marathon with me. He has a “time” goal and I just want to cross the dang finish line.

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner April 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

What an awesome way to spend your anniversary.. and matching outfits? doooo it!!!
I was a bottomless pit this past weekend ..bah!

Katelin @ HealthyFatKid April 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

My anniversary is December 17th, so even though I think running a race together to celebrate it would be the coolest thing ever, I think it’s out… unless we travel somewhere tropical which I would totally be ok with ;)
In May 2 of my friends and I are running the Warrior Dash… so excited! We need a super sweet costume for it though… need to work on that one.

Sandy April 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Happy Anniversary and a great way to celebrate!! My anniversary is November 7th and we have been married for 12 years. I am much older than you!! I have been out with a hamstring injury since January and I am hoping to be able to run the OC Half Marathon here in California on May 6th. I just cannot wait to get back to running again!!

Yo Momma Runs April 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I’m loving body pump right now, but I feel amazed by how my tiny weights (compared to the tiny ladies with huge weights on their bar around me) make me sooo sore the next day.

Claire @ Let's Go On A Living Spree April 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Definitely a bottomless pit over here (that’s actually nothing new !) After running and swimming 1500 yards my boyfriend and I polished off two large pizzas. Yep, we looooove our pizza too :-)

Erin April 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

1. I am always a bottomless pit. Always.

2. I don’t have a wedding anniversary… yet. Because I just got engaged three days ago!! Can you tell I’m excited?? We’re getting married this summer so I guess I’ll know more in a year or so about anniversaries!!

Can’t wait to read the recap of the race you and Billy run together!!

Janae April 10, 2012 at 10:18 pm

AHHH CONGRATS ERIN!! That is so so so beyond exciting. I want to see pictures and hear all the details!

Erin April 10, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I will send you a million pictures even though we took a million bad ones – you can still see how happy I am!!! I’ll email you the link to the FB album and you can look them over!! Thanks for being excited for me!!

Verlin April 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I had a mental picture of you lining up 10 potential outfits so you could suddenly and “accidentally” be wearing something that matched Billy. He is a lucky guy. :) Your blog is always refreshingly cheerful – thanks!

Janae April 10, 2012 at 10:18 pm

HAHAHA That is a brilliant idea, THANK YOU!!! Your comment made my night, I really appreciate it!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Sounds like a GREAT way to celebrate to me!! LOVE this.

Def do the matching outfits. Definitely :)

Megan @ Run Like a Grl April 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I have been eating non-stop today and I don’t know why!! I had like 3 dinners. Whats up with that? Are the planets aligned or something?

I love that you are running a half on your anniversary! I wish I could talk my boyfriend into running but its just not his thing. I’ll keep working on him though :)

Tristen April 10, 2012 at 8:33 pm

PLEASE wear matching outfits.
Perhaps refuel with a faux wedding cake?

Gracie April 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Weights make me so hungry I could eat my arm. I can never do weights before work because I starve all day.

Leonor @FoodFaithFitness April 10, 2012 at 8:49 pm

We will be celebrating 10 years in November. No races in May. There aren’t any except for 5k’s in the summer because it’s too hot. I haven’t lifted weights in 2 weeks! Going a little crazy!

Abby @ Change of Pace April 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Sounds like the perfect way to spend your anniversary!
Our’s is September 27. On our first, we also ran a race. It was pretty small, so he ended up coming in first and I came in third and was first female. It was pretty special!
Make sure Billy lets you hold hands for the finish line photo!

MR DETERMINED April 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I’m running a Women’s 5K at the end of May. I’m excited to try to lengthen my running time and maybe shave some time off my run.

That would be pretty cute finish line photo with you and Billy. One to keep for the little one.

Amanda April 10, 2012 at 9:36 pm

My partner and I have been together for 5 years August 8th. We celebrate annually with dinner to our favourite steakhouse.. I mainly like the frizzled onions – delish.
I am running 2 halfs in May – my first two!! Both are in Toronto. I am running alone for both of them but will have a fabulous cheering squad in attendance. I think its fabulous that both you & Billy are running together for your anniversary – I can’t wait to read the race report!

I ate half a loaded pizza today.. it was delish and I loved it. I loved it too much to feel any kind of guilt about it!

Kim April 10, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Our Anniversary is June 30th–6 years already! My husband and I are runnin the Provo Half too! We’ll see if we are able to stay together or not, his new job is making his training difficult! I have only ever run one half and that was almost 9 years ago so I’m **SUPER** nervous! As long as I don’t die, all will be well! :) hope to see you there!!

Khushboo April 10, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Haha love this way of celebrating your anniversary- carbo-loading and post-fueling better be part of the celebration too :)! My quads and hamstrings feel so tight this morning after yesterday’s lower body workout…here’s hoping they are semi back to normal for tomorrow’s run :)!

michelle kim April 10, 2012 at 11:46 pm

OMG I HAD A BOTTOMLESS PIT for all things cereal, yogurt, raisins, and fruit after dinner today! YIKES.
Haha but I’m so exited for you guys running the race together!

Sierra April 11, 2012 at 1:50 am

Your anniversary is my birthday! We will be celebrating 2 Years on June 5th and I don’t know what we will be doing, but it will be better than our first year when we went to Thailand and had to come home a couple days later because of an issue at our office.

Weights make me super hungry too, especially if I do them in the morning!

Kari @ Running Ricig April 11, 2012 at 5:47 am

For Mike and my first anniversary, I ran a half marathon and he cheered for me. Then we went out to pizza and the movies. It was pretty awesome. It would have been more awesome if we ran it together and wore matching outfits. You guys are great. Our anniversary was last week, April 3.

I’ve stayed away from weights for years. I’m a baby about them. I loved doing bodypump, though.

natalie @ southern fit foodie April 11, 2012 at 7:20 am

What a cool anniversary! Ours is October 13, and it will be our FIVE year anniversary this year! I’m not sure how we’re going to celebrate except that I know it will involve some travel. :)

I lifted in my class last night (SHRED) – it combines hip hop dance, weights, and core training. It’s my favorite class to teach and I am always sore!

My stomach is ALWAYS a bottomless pit. Always.

Stephanie April 11, 2012 at 7:53 am

Our anniversary is 9-10. We only celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I am done racing until the baby is born. DH & I did run a half together on March 25th though. it was his first half too!!

I did some light lifting Easter morning for shoulders, biceps and triceps. I wasn’t sore so I didn’t work hard enough.

Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe April 11, 2012 at 8:46 am

I’m running a race on your anniversary too – with my hubby (who humors me by running one or two races a year with me)!

Carolynn April 11, 2012 at 8:49 am

My 22nd birthday is May 5th and I’m celebrating by running a 5k that morning…and forcing my boyfriend to run it with me :) I think interlocking arms and feeding eachother at the water stations is a perfect idea! Not weird at all! lol

sara April 11, 2012 at 11:41 am

im doing that half too! i wish my husband would run it w me! Our anniversary is the 22nd of December. We celebrate the 22nd of every month. . nothing big but just acknowledging it enough!

Barborkas @ BarborkaOnTheRun April 12, 2012 at 12:02 am

Next race: Prague marathon May 13 – my spring A race.

Last “weights” or more exactly strength workout was Tuesday at my session with The Coach – we mainly use my body weight and add intensity by using elastic or The Coach simply holding my legs / arms to add more resistance. We worked back of my legs, abs and back – all of that after 3x 800 m repeats. My body is still sore today (2 days after).

So cool you are doing the anniversary race together!!!

Jessica April 12, 2012 at 2:26 am

Doing that race too! Excited to do a half while pregnant…I know that’s normal for you, but it’s a big deal in my eyes!

Jade April 12, 2012 at 5:22 pm

My birthday is MAY 5th!! Best day in the ENTIRE calender year! Except for maybe December 5th when my baby girl was born, LOL!!

I’m running my FIRST marathon on my 30th birthday! And then later in May me and some friends are doing the Color Run in WI!!