RUN FOR YOUR LIFE and EAT WAFFLES FOR YOUR LIFE

January 29, 2012

Billy REALLY loves it when I eat in his crystal clean car on the way to church.  Church starts at 8:30 and we always wake up just in time to get there and there is no way I will skip that precious meal and so this is my only resort.  Honey, don’t worry…the cottage cheese on the seats will clean off.

Photo

After church I was still in the mood for breakfast foods and went with my crisp waffles (curtesy of Bisquick) with some scrambled eggs hiding behind them….they weren’t pretty and kind of burned.  The waffles were perfection and I had to go easy on the grapes because I am almost out of my 5 lb container of them.  Mom, I hope you are going to Costco again soon because I NEED a refill.

Billy had grilled cheese and ham sandwiches…I don’t know how he turns down my waffles.  I guess he doesn’t crave syrup at all times of the day or something.

I think I have mentioned this on the blog before but Billy lived in Ukraine for two years!  A friend of his just went back and visited and brought him over some herbal tea and candy.   I don’t know why I am telling you this, oh yeah…I do….it is because I love candy and so I love trying candy from different countries.

Photo copy 2

————————————————————

I think you know by now that one of my favorite things in the world is seeing people get more active.  I love teaching my students, cross-country team and spin classes the benefits of exercise and helping them achieve their goals AND get them moving!  BYU (I know, this is the last time I will talk about them for a while) has a cool new program called RUN FOR YOUR LIFE (more info HERE) for their students and faculty/staff (Billy and I are going to do it….I am part of the staff now:)

Screen Shot 2012 01 29 at 2 38 22 PM

If you complete the challenge you get an INTERMURAL CHAMPION SHIRT.  That may sound like nothing but I played random intermural sports for  5 years while I was there just to win and get one of those shirts.  It IS a cool prize.

——————————————————————

Does your school or work offer programs and incentives to get people MOVING MORE?!?!

-One year we had a competition at work but it didn’t last long, I am trying to put together a program for the last few months of school for the faculty to participate in!

What fruit have you been overdosing on?

-Grapes and we just got pink lady apples yesterday and I can’t stop eating those either.

If you could choose ANY country in the world to go visit, where would you go?

-I really want to go back with Billy Ukraine and Russia and see where he was for awhile and have him show me everything! Plus, it is so fun to hear him speak Russian!

Be honest:  Waffles or Pancakes?

-WAFFLESSSSSS.

Kaitlyn @ Pain Can Be Fun January 29, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Ahhhh I love fruit. I’ve eaten almost an entire bin of blueberries this weekend. Blueberries in greek yogurt = yes.

That Run For Your Life program sounds great! I’m definitely going to check it out.

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Blueberries are SO good. That makes me want to make blueberry waffles:)

Tiffany January 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Pink lady apples are my absolute FAVORITE! My husband did not understand what I was so excited about a couple of weeks ago when I bought some. Unfortunately I have a big bag of Fuji right now in my fridge or I would go buy more.

I can’t believe your church starts at 8:30AM! That should be illegal. I can barely make it to 9 AM church and I don’t even have kids. Moms who get kids ready for church and get there on time are super heroes.

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Just make a huge think of apple crisp with the Fuji ones so that you can go buy pink lady apples. I agree..ILLEGAL. They really are, they must wake up at four.

Stevie January 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I take an after school exercise class for my pupils every week. We do it to Disney themed music and the kids love it! It’s something different for them! We also have a staff exercise class too, where we bring in an exercise dvd and do it together. It’s good fun! Plus I like to pester my work friends to come running with me. One day they will agree. ;)

Pineeeeapple!!! Mixed with frozen rasperberries and orange juice and you have one delish smoothie! Yum yum!

I’d love to go to Australia, it looks so beautiful and i’d love to explore all over!!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Janae!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

You are so right, Australia would be INCREDIBLE!!! That is so cool that you do that after school and sooner or later they will be begging to go run with you:) Um…your smoothie sounds incredible!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans January 29, 2012 at 3:11 pm

My work has a gym which is free to all employees and has a fitness expert on hand to help with programs and nutrition planning. Its a huge perk!!

If I could go anywhere right now I’d choose Italy…I really want some delicious pizza!!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I think we need to plan a blogger trip to go to Italy and eat pizza. That is awesome that you get FREE nutrition and exercising planning, WOW…I am jealous!

stephanie January 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm

WAFFLES!!! and i would choose to go to Israel or somewhere in Africa. thats too cool that he lived in the Ukraine.

I graduated from Baylor and they had lots of incentives. they are actually on the list of top healthy/active campuses. and my work has a decent incentive, but there aren’t many rewards which is why i think a lot of people skip it. they have TONS of opportunities, but poor rewards to motivate

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm

WOW! Stephanie that is AWESOME…way to go Baylor. I am going to have to look into their programs.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm

WAFFLES ALL THE WAY!! we just had waffles for breakfast this morning… our waffle maker was definitely the best wedding gift we got. who cares about the stuff we needed like towels and sheets and stuff! ;)

p.s. love your tights! very cute!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I agree, my favorite gift is DEFINITELY the waffle maker and all of the other kitchen gadgets! Thanks Ashley and enjoy the rest of your day!

Kristin @ Every Day Is Run Day January 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm

The university that I work at has a staff walking club and they host a 5k walk a few times a year. They also have a bunch of free circuit training classes for the employees and monthly health and wellness email that goes out to everyone. I wish they has a run club. I would so do that!

I would love to go back to Italy where I studied abroad, but Egypt also, which would be more appropriate since I’m studying to be an Egyptologist.

Waffles of course! With plenty of chocolate chips!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Thank you for saying waffles. You studied abroad in Italy!?! I am beyond jealous! I think you definitely need a trip to Egypt. That is awesome that they have circuit classes for free!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 29, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I really want to visit Italy! Venice looks so pretty!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Okay, I agree with you on that one. Let’s plan a big blogger trip:)

Britt @ Runwithbritt January 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm

That is super cool that BYU has a program like that. I know that as a college student I will do just about anything for a free t-shirt. I couldn’t imagine a better way to get people off of their bums and get them to start moving them!
I go to Texas A&M and we have a program called FitLife. How is works is that upper level kinesiology students (like me) teach a class on campus twice a week. The classes are available to any student, professor, and member of the community for a super cheap price. There’s like 10 different classes offered throughout the course of the week and it only costs $50 for the entire semester. It’s such a deal, but I wish we had more free things on campus just for students. Maybe I can talk to one of my professors to see if we can implement something similar on our campus.

Sharsti January 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

ahh the coveted intramural shirts! I have only won 1 my freshman year…You can definitely do it!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

What did you win it for??? Can I have your signature?

Bethany January 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Pancakes, but waffles are good too. I love pink lady and honeycrisp apples. I’m into strawberrys if I can find them 2 for 1, but they need a little sugar this time of year. I have been lucky enough to do a lot of travel in Europe, but would love to go to Greece. Emily Venice is beautiful.

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I am so jealous of all your traveling. Now you have me craving strawberries!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon January 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

What a cool program!!! Love that they include roller blading…brings me right back the 90s haha. My school has no such thing!

Last week I ate quite a few pink ladies but today I just bought a 12 ct bag of navel oranges (for $2.99!!!!!) all for myself. Two are gone already.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Wafffles for sure :D

Molly January 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm

My favorite fruit of all time would probably have to be strawberries, but I love honeycrisp apples, bananas, mangos, and grapefruit too.

I definitely want to go back to London- it is definitely my favorite place in the world. Our hotel was right by Hyde Park so we could go on runs every morning after breakfast, and the history there is so amazing. There really is no equivalent place in America!

Losing Lindy January 29, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I picked up some pink oranges today at TJs.they were sampling them and soooooo good! Not cheap though..but cheaper than chocolate ;)

Mallory @ Have Your Cake January 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm

i always overdose on apples! cant get enough of them. i must annoy my coworkers because i am seriously always crunching on one.

i really want to go to italy! my grandparents are from italy and all my cousins have been but i have yet to go. and i am a pasta addict.

WAFFLES!

Megan January 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I love when my work does fitness challenges! They do a few a year, I work for a health care company. Right now they are doing a 30 for 30 challenge, where you have to exercise 30 minutes a day for 30 days. We are on day 27!

Since you love waffles and have to eat breakfast on the go, you should try waffle sandwiches. You just use waffles instead of bread, and you can put whatever other breakfast food in the middle. Eggs, turkey sausage, PB&J, etc. It is delicious! And convenient.

April January 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I want to see more of your cute outfit especially the tights :)

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm

You are so sweet. I should have taken a picture of the full outfit. The tights and the cotton black dress were from bp at Nordstrom. I also wore a scarf that was black and white…I was trying so hard to be fashionable:) Have a great day April!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 29, 2012 at 4:34 pm

That is SO cool. I want a t-shirt (never won one when I was at BYU!) So I would do that too!!

Those waffles look GOOD!

Lindsey January 29, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Bananas – I always OD on them.
I want to go to Italy and Greece, I almost have my hubby convinced we need to go this year as its our 10 year anniversary (since we met).
Pancakes! I haven’t had them in awhile and have been craving ones with chocolate chips and strawberries :)

Diana January 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm

That program is so cool! I want an intramural champion t-shirt…like you, I played a lot of intramural sports but let’s just say that our priority was making the cutest t-shirts for our team rather than winning/actually knowing how to play the game.

I can’t believe you are making me choose but I am going to have to say PANCAKES, mostly because we don’t have a waffle maker and I don’t want to think about how I can’t make them.

Kristine Elise January 29, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I am a waffle addict! YUM! That’s so great that Billy served his mission in Ukraine! I think that would be such an interesting experience! Okay, this is an odd request, but do you think you could do a “how to spin” video now that you have a spin bike at home? I have spin bikes in my apartment complex, but I don’t know how to use them and don’t want to join a gym to take the classes!

Megan@ Bump On A Log Learns To Jog January 29, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I’ve been obsessed with pears and grapes lately! And I am a french toast person all the way!!! My work unfortunately does nothing like that. We just started getting a discount to a local gym in town if you work at my company but that’s about it.

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) January 29, 2012 at 4:47 pm

The nonprofit agency I worked for for 4.5 years didn’t have any type of program to get active. I so wish they did! They offered a Weight Watchers at work for people looking to loose weight but that wasn’t what I needed. I (constantly) need motivation to just get my body MOVING! The BYU idea sounds awesome.

I am loving kiwi and cuties (aka clementines) right now!!

If I could travel anywhere I would like to visit Australia or Italy. (We have a college friend who lived in Russia for a while and I always loved hearing him speak!)

Pancakes all the way! :) Especially with blueberries or chocolate chips!

Sarah January 29, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Our school used to offer a workout program and the end prize for everyone was $50 gift card to the grocery store. They don’t do it anymore but we are doing within our family right now and we are all teamed up. It has been fun. We also have to eat fruits and veggies for points and I have been loving clementines!

I would love to go to Ireland!!!

If I had a waffle maker it would be waffles!

Jessica January 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I think I already told you this, but I now get free gym passes at work as part of a wellness plan. And if we follow the wellness plan we get good discounts on our health insurance, so it’s great. I’d love to go to Germany cuz that’s where Steve served his mission. And waffles! I love the crispiness!

Emily@RunningPerspective January 29, 2012 at 4:56 pm

i didnt know billy lived in the ukraine..is he ukrainian?! i am 50%!!! my grandparents are from there and my mom is first generation!!

ok ok and if i could choose anywhere to visittt….GREECEEEEE i would LOVE IT THERE!!!!! seafood + greek men. yes pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!
have a good sunday night girl!!!<3

Christine January 29, 2012 at 5:07 pm

WAFFLES!!!!

Like there’s a question!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm

One of the schools I work at is doing a “Biggest Loser” competition … so not really the same as a “get moving” competition. I think in theory it sounds like a good idea (Biggest Loser, that is), but once the competition is over, everybody typically goes back to their former ways … so unless you’re the one person who wins and makes money … what’s the point?? :/

Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I have so many waffle recipes posted on my blog (including tonight) it borders on insanity.

My high school HAD NO INCENTIVES FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN RUNNING AWAY FAST.

Marilyn Manson went to my high school. Nuff said.

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm

SAVE ME….my comment on your blog went to spam or something…NOOOO!! Marilyn Manson, he is in my nightmares! I could live on waffles and your latest recipe looks incredible!

Kaelin January 29, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I have been overdosing on clementines. So cute and yummy! Plus you can have like 3 or 4 a day.

I would choose Greece or Italy, it is a toss up. My sister in law lives in Austria, so it might be neat to go there too.

I moved to a tiny town in SE Iowa after college and found out there is a large Ukrainian population in the area. Who knew???

Kaelin January 29, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Oh and I forgot to answer the last question, which is really why I wanted to comment in the first place. I would pick waffles if someone else would make them for me all the time. But pancakes for everyday when I have to cook. I really love both options!! Yours look really crispy and perfect!

Lauren January 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I am going to join you, I am faculty at byu and had no idea about this!!!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Waffles for the win!! Such a perfect Sunday food :)

I can’t get enough apples — especially Honeycrisp!

I REALLY want to go to Greece — my husband & I just got married in October, and haven’t had time to go on a honeymoon yet (we had to go right back to work after we got married), so we’re hoping to save up and go there this summer!

Jenn @ RunItMyWay January 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

We need more programs like BYU’s program to help people get active! Our generation is terribly sedentary- and we’re so unhealthy (as a whole). I’ve heard that we’re the first generation who may not outlive our parents… That’s sad, especially with medical advances. It almost seems like better healthcare makes people think it means they can exercise LESS and eat crap food all day and they’ll be ok.

Programs like this help people get active. And when people’s friends start signing up for something like this, it makes them more likely to get involved. Good on BYU for creating programs like this!

JJ January 29, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Ok, I have to know. . . Why did billy live in the Ukraine? Please tell us in your blog soon!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 5:46 pm

He went on an LDS mission there!!! He loved the experience and loved being there!

Tiffany January 29, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Very cool that BYU is doing this program to motivate people to get active. We have a gym at work and they sponsor a couple 5ks and do little department bets for the races but otherwise that is about it. We have food days ALL THE TIME and while I love food, I don’t think it is good for people who sit 9 hours a day to eat for the majority of that time – there are def. not many people who use the gym on their lunchbreak which is a shame because I def. enjoy it and am grateful for it.

Where did Billy serve his mission? I lived in St. Petersburg for 5 months teaching English through ILP (based out of Provo) and also visited Kiev which was gorgeous. I can’t speak any Russian tho, very cool that he still can. You should learn and teach your hyper little running kids Russian one day ;-)

JoJo January 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I love eating apple! But I hate mushy ones, it has be crisp to be eaten by me.. :P
I love waffles.. love that the outside is a little crispy, at least that’s how I like it :D

Since I am almost ALWAYS running late, I end up eating in the car too. I’ve made mess here and there, but I’ve gotten a lot better at it.. Instead of learning to make enough time to eat at home, I’ve learned to eat better in the car :P

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I think that I could have a Clementine with every meal! :)

I would definitely go to Russia too! I have been to Kazakhstan once, but have an opportunity to go on a mission trip to Sochi Russia, where the 2014 Winter Olympics will be! If God allows, I will be there! Tell Billy I said, Privet!

Have a great night!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

For a second I thought you had to run 150 miles at one time. That would be wild!
My school has intramural’s but I haven’t done any yet! I want to before I graduate.
Apples. Pink lady’s are THE BEST but I can never find them. I just got Jazz because they were on sale.
That is awesome that he can speak Russian! I want to visit SO many places I can’t even pick one. I guess some of them are australia, alll over europe, japan, ireland
Waffles, but I had pancakes this morning haha

Maria January 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Omg you HAVE to go to st.petersburg Russia!!! Thats where I was born :) its beautiful and the candy is amazing!!!

Im overdosing in oranges and grapefruit! So
Good

Elizabeth January 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Pears—from Harry and David–they were having a great sale!e

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP…they have my favorite pears in the entire world!

Corey @ Learning Patience January 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm

We have been eating a bunch of pears these days….i like to bake them and serve with ice cream! SO GOOD! :-) I am a bit clumsy/messy/etc..therefore my husband always says I get his car messy too… :-) I look at it as I’m multitasking…lol

xoxo from Trinidad

Michelle (Better with Berries) January 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I love programs that get people moving – especially for kids! My middle school switched to having the kids take gym every day which I love. They need a chance to get moving every day!

I’ve been eating so many PEARS lately! They are so juicy right now! And I love both pancakes and waffles, but pancakes win :-)

Rene Hall January 29, 2012 at 7:03 pm

One of the things I’m most excited about for nursing school is the fitness challenge. We compete against the other classes (we are broken up into semesters). We basically just complie how many hours we spend engaged in fitness activities. Since I know for a fact we have 4 marathoners (one a sponsored runner) I’m feeling pretty good about our chances.
Waffles of course. I’ve been loving Gala apples lately.
I would love to visit England during the Olympics but otherwise, anywhere warm with a beach and I’m good.

Suzanne January 29, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Just stumbled on your blog and I adore you already! I am a 5 0 year old woman trying to get my butt in gear and make running a habit. I love to eat too much to sit still! Gotta shed some pounds and get moving! And waffles definitely! All day long.

Alex@foodrunfun.com January 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hey it is never too late to get active!!! I also just got back into running as well and love this blog, it was one of my biggest reasons for starting again and now I am hooked all over again!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm

SUZANNE!!! Thank you so so much for commenting, you absolutely made my day!! I am so happy that you are running..that is awesome:) I hear you on the love for eating! I already love you for your waffle choice:) Keep in touch and let me know how your running is going!

Alex@foodrunfun.com January 29, 2012 at 7:29 pm

The run for your life program sounds awesome!

Our job (a harley-davidson dealership owned by my parents) is having a biggest loser competition and the winner gets $500.00 cash provided by my parents! Pretty cool!

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm

500 bucks….that is the coolest thing in the world. Alex, thank you so much for your sweet words…you made my day and I am so happy you are running again!

Brittany January 29, 2012 at 8:04 pm

My company sends around a lot of fitness and health related emails for workshops and seminars, which is pretty cool. They also have a Spring Fitness challenge where we compete against the other offices and win cool prizes.

My favorite fruit lately has been blackberries! They are so juicy and delicious.

Man, there are so many countries I would like to go to. Top of list is Argentina.

Waffles all the way. I love waffles way more than pancakes because they are crispier and lighter. Plus the pockets can absorb the condiments.

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:09 pm

YOUR COMPANY SOUNDS AWESOME!! That really is so cool. I bet Argentina is insanely gorgeous. Thank you for the agreement about those wonderful pockets of goodness in waffles!

MR January 29, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I think I would like to go to Iceland if I could go anywhere in the world. Close behind would be Finland and Norway. :)

Loren January 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

My brother just left to serve his mission in Russia!! He sounds SO cool speaking Russian. I’m pretty sure he thinks so too! ;)

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm

LOREN, that is so so cool!! Is he loving it? Is he freezing?!?!? This makes my day!

Tori January 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Ummm yes to cottage cheese and fruit, yes to waffles, and I believe I am going to try and implement something similar to Run For Your Life at my school! Would be fun :)

Question! I looooooooove your tights in your picture, where did you get them??? :)

Janae January 29, 2012 at 9:07 pm

HEY TORI!!! That is so exciting you are going to do the Run For Your Life at your school!! I got the tights at Nordstrom in the BP section last winter, LOVE THEM!

Jan J January 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I graduated from college 17- YES 17!- years ago, and I still have one of the intramural shirts that I won playing basketball. And it still looks decent! Crazy for a t-shirt to last that long! Granted, I only wear it about 5 times a year.

I used to be the wellness coordinator for my school district- my job was to make incentive programs for the employees. It was sweet! I have all my files saved, so let me know if you’re interested in ideas. (I have pedometer programs, one called “Spring Into Action”, nutrition programs, etc.)

I’d love to visit Samoa or Fiji w/Jimmy.

natalie @ southern fit foodie January 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

We are having a biggest loser competition right now at my school – I’m not participating but a lot of the people that are have been coming to my zumba and fitness classes! I’m so proud of all their hard work!

Blueberries, strawberries, and oranges right now! Apples haven’t been on sale (not the good ones anyway) lately, so I’m waiting until they are more affordable.

I would go to Australia or Italy. Australia because it’s so amazingly gorgeous and I have wanted to go my entire life. Italy because it’s beautiful, full of history and sweet architecture, and I could take cooking lessons!

Khushboo January 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

That’s so cool Billy lived in Ukraine- was he working there or studying? Australia is on my bucket list of places to visit- soon hopefully! Waffles trump pancakes any day…regardless of whether I use the same batter/toppings or not, waffles just taste so much better!

Janae January 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm

HEY YOU!! He was actually serving a mission for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints…pretty cool huh? SO GLAD that you agree about the amazingness of waffles…hope you are having an amazing day!

michelle kim January 30, 2012 at 12:59 am

Know what ya’ll could have done for the breakfast? Put yours and Billy’s together… a ham and cheese (or maybe EGG and cheese) waffle sandwich!!!

I love eggs, but I’m told not to overdose on them. I’ve been eating at least one egg everyday. I think my hair is already getting stronger! It has been a week and it’s falling out way less.

Janae January 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Michelle,
You are brilliant and now I know what aI will be having for dinner. That is awesome…eggs have so many incredible benefits!

Kate @ Chasing It January 30, 2012 at 4:17 am

billy turned down your waffles? is he crazy or something?!? lol I looooove waffles, and my church starts at 8:30 too so I always have two breakfasts! I love making brunch after church, my dad and I always make pancakes or waffles!!

And BYU’s program sounds like so much fun!! I am totally going there for grad school so I can do things like that and take your spin class of course! :-D

Janae January 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

You better not be joking around with the whole BYU thing. YAY for two breakfasts!

Mackenzie January 30, 2012 at 7:54 am

My college does a Hundred Mile Club every spring semester. You get a mini calendar and mark the miles you run/bike/walk on it. Once you reach 100 you get a cool t-shirt.

Janae January 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

That is AWESOME!!! Are you going to do it this year?!?!

Mackenzie January 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I’ll do a lot of things for a free t-shirt, and this is definitely one of them!!! Already have 20 miles so far!

Ricole Runs January 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I had waffles yesterday too and they were so good (with peanut butter of course) but I can’t seem to get then crispy enough, I really want my waffles crispy! Tips?

Janae January 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm

AHHHH yes, pb is a necessity. I cook mine longer than my machine tells me too and I add less liquid (milk) than the bisquick box tells me to. Hope that helps and have an amazing day!

Kay January 30, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Speaking of waffles, have you tried putting Pillsbury biscuits in a waffle iron?? It’s AMAZING

Janae January 30, 2012 at 7:02 pm

That is the best idea ever!!! I must try that ASAP! Do u still use syrup?!?

Kay January 30, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I actually put peanut butter on them, but I’m sure syrup would be good too! So many crispy edges and fluffy insides!