Artichoke hearts and bananas

November 16, 2010

On my way home from school the only thought I had for 20 minutes was soup soup soup soup.

Before Billy even had a chance to give me a hug I already had the fridge door open with the crock pot on the ground next to it.  I just threw in whatever produce I had.

I like to think my randomness is a strength not a flaw.

IMG_2172.JPG

Ingredients:  Carrots, cabbage, potatoes, corn, green beans, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, chicken, chicken broth, taco seasoning and black beans.

On the side I had a piece of whole wheat toast with almond butter and banana.  I have eaten every morsel of candy within 500 ft of my home, I will now be turning to natural sources for my desserts.  That is until tomorrow and I stop at the store for some Christmas themed candy.  Holiday themed candy always tastes so much better than the regular.

Watching some good ol’ Veronica Mars until my 9:15 bedtime.

Do you plan out your dinners in advance or go by a whim of what sounds good?

-I usually have a general idea of what I want but dinner is usually is whatever sounds good at the moment.  That’s just me living on the edge.

Amanda@runninghood November 16, 2010 at 9:53 pm

ugggh, I wish I had your passion for creating fabulous meals! I usually wait until about 4:30 when my 16 month old is whining at my feet because he is hungry and my girls are fighting because they are hungry and tired. I look in the frige and the cupboards and usually resort to something like grilled chicken and rice and some spinach salad. Or grilled Tofu sandwiches. Easy and healthy but certainly not tasty and exciting after eating the same things over and over again. Your blog inspires me…..to have someone else cook for me.

lauravirginia November 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm

What is it about that darn holiday themed candy? I am the same way! Somehow a Reeses peanut butter cup tastes 50 times better when it is in the shape of a Christmas tree! :)

MCM Mama November 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Ooh, that soup sounds yummy!

I try to plan our dinners in advance or we end up eating the same thing every night.

strawberrysweat November 17, 2010 at 12:26 am

Anytime I try to plan out meals, I end up changing it at the last minute because I feel like eating something else. That soup sounds delicious though–maybe I should make an "all the produce in the fridge" soup tomorrow!

MuncherCruncher November 17, 2010 at 12:35 am

That soup looks delicious! I am a total meal planner. I eat according to what produce I have, so I pretty much know how it's all laid out. Is that sad….? Probably…
See you tomorrow. YAY!!

Ashton + Brian November 17, 2010 at 1:55 am

mmmm. love soup! and i'm going to make an effort to try to replace nutella/pb with almond butter.

Keri November 17, 2010 at 5:30 am

HA! my bedtime last night was 9:45 :) Teaching kids is exhausting…

cleaneatingchelsey.com November 17, 2010 at 6:03 am

I meal plan every week, but sometimes it changes depending on my mood. I usually do not go to the store in the middle of the week for anything though! I found that meal planning really helps to save me some $$

the dawn November 17, 2010 at 6:35 am

i wish i could meal plan. i just don't have that kind of structure or forethought. i do love soup and try to have it as often as possible. looks yummy!

faithfitnessfun November 17, 2010 at 7:08 am

I have to plan out meals because otherwise we would be eating cereal for dinner after our freezer stock of leftover meals runs out.

Soup sounds good!

LindsLovesMiles November 17, 2010 at 7:42 am

oh holiday themed candy! i love the reese's pumpkins, christmas trees, and easter eggs! YUM!

Stephanie November 17, 2010 at 8:32 am

I try to meal plan, at least so I have ingredients in the house to make enough meals for the week without another trip to the store, but I almost always modify when I come home wanting something else!

I get in bed 9-9:15 every night- asleep by 9:30, it's the only way I can still get up at the rediculous hours that I do, glad to know I'm not alone!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail November 17, 2010 at 11:59 am

Okay, I know I said this before, but LOVE your blog! I know I will pick up some healthy snack ideas from…I'm a candy junkie too. Damn sweet tooth!! :)

giraffy November 17, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I love to cook, and I tend to only want whatever sounds good RIGHT THEN. Which makes meal planning challenging.

But, Veronica Mars, oh how I loved it! I didn't watch it while it was on the air, but we watched the WHOLE series this summer (after we cut cable)… OMG. HOW did I miss that?!

Lizzy November 18, 2010 at 9:35 am

I'm a planner. IT doesnt always go AS planned but I try to plan out the meals ahead of time. Although my favorite meals are usually the ones I put together on the fly.

asideofsimple January 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Yes. This is an old post.
Yes. I'm still commenting.
Why?
I just learned you like Veronica Mars.
How are we not within driving distance?
You're coming to Boston in April.
I'm in RI. Let's make this happen. No creeper ;)