Was it nearly impossible for anyone else this morning to get out of bed to run?

April 14, 2014

Was it nearly impossible for anyone else this morning to get out of bed to run?  I had the hardest time for some reason getting up this morning and so did Rachelle and Julia but we all agreed at mile 3.5 that we were really happy that we did get up (for those first 3.5 miles I think we were all still cursing the fact that we weren’t still in our warm beds with our eyes closed).

Just a crazy gorgeous waterfall.  We finished with 10.25 (mostly on trails) miles and kept it at a very easy recovery pace because we all did hard workouts on Saturday and needed another recovery day.  I seriously do not know how I used to be able to run hard/fast every single day a few years ago… doing that only caused me to have 4 stress fractures in a single year.

After my marathon in June I think I may sign up for a crazy long trail race to train for because I am so ready to just live on the trails for a few months.

Random:  What taxes look like for a blogger.  I may be living off of spaghettiOs after this for a few months.

I was just casually walking down the candy aisle last week when I saw the Rolos.  I instantly had the genius idea to add them to the top of my s’mores bars (I normally put Hershey’s Bars on top but the Rolos took it to the next level).

You cook them halfway before adding the Rolos:

And the finished product.  I stole my family’s heart once again by making these.  Take them to your next family get together/work party/potluck.  I don’t mess around with that kind of stuff so you can take me seriously with this.

Major hang out time with the sister.  We have to make up for a lot of lost time.

We like to make our cards like this:  we switch off writing words with our different colored pens.  It looks really cool.

The birthday boy.  My oldest brother is turning 40 (even though he looks 30)!!!  His favorite treats.

Off to Walmart to get my prescription filled for Giardia (just a little parasite hanging out inside of me).  Hopefully I start feeling like a human again sometime soon.

—————————————————————-

Any other left-handers?

Anyone ever had Giardia before?  Did the medicine help quickly?  I am getting desperate.

What is the sickest you have ever been?  With what?

What was the last thing you baked?

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs. April 14, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Oh my gosh those s’mores bars looks amazing! I think the last time I baked I made raspberry oatmeal muffins!

Feel better soon :)

Meaghan April 14, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Last thing I baked was chocolate chip cookies- oldie but goodie!

Laura@twinsontherun April 14, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Lefty here! And I’m excited because 1 of my twins is too!!!
Ugh sorry you have to deal with that! I’ve never had it but my friend got it from ingesting ocean water in San Diego on vacation. She said it was awful.
I baked some strawberry cookies for a neighbor this morning and a lemon sheet cake for the baby blessing over the weekend. Baking is one of my favorite things to do.

Tori April 14, 2014 at 2:11 pm

You poor thing! Hope you’re 100% better soon!
The worst sickness I’ve ever had: This pregnancy (my first pregnancy)
And I’ve lived with years of Chrones and pain.
Never thought that weeks on end of nausea could be possible. But sure enough!
Your taxes look professional all paper like! I’m a turbo tax girl!

Ashley @ Brocblog April 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Ahh feel better! Ive had food poisoning before and I dont know if there’s been a more miserable experience in all the world. Just kidding that’s way too extreme but it really does feel awful.

Mary@RunWalkLift April 14, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I baked your chocolate chip cookies. They disappeared before I had my fill.

Allergies have been the only major adult illness I’ve had. But it can really wipe me out.
As a kid, I had strep all the time.

Julia H April 14, 2014 at 2:14 pm

YESSSS! Why did I literally think I might break down in tears at any point during the first 3.5 miles!?! Glad I made it past that dramatic point in my life. Thank goodness for friends that are willing to stick it out together:) You and Shell are the best running buddies ever! So grateful we ran this morning and instead of quitting, sleeping, or going to breakfast…ran more than we planned:) LOVE YOU FRIEND!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles April 14, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I’m a lefty! Although, I can write pretty well with my right hand too and play some sports righty instead of lefty.

ChristineB April 14, 2014 at 2:21 pm

The temptation to stay in bed was too great for me this morning, so I didn’t run. I’m blaming the insomnia I had last night.

I baked chocolate zucchini bread yesterday and it was a big hit with everyone in my house that isn’t afraid of zucchini in baked goods.

And the worst sickness I ever had ended up as a bowel infection – so not fun. Not to mention that my youngest baby was only 3 months old at the time. It was so not fun at all.

Hopefully your prescription does the job fast so you aren’t sick anymore!!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona April 14, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I’m left handed!

I think the sickest I ever felt was with a really bad migraine. It got to the point where I couldn’t leave my room – I needed dark and quiet. I was thisclose to going to the ER. I’m hoping I never get another one like that again!

Adriana @Laced Up With Lipstick April 14, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Oh gosh Janae, Giardia sounds awful. Hope the medicine helps and it goes away quickly. The sickest I’ve ever been was 3wks after Izzy was born. I got mastitis and it was so bad I had to be hospitalized for 4 days in the heart ward. The infection in my breast was so bad that it affected my heart and I had to be on a halter monitor. I had 104 fever for several days. It was the hardest because I had to be tied down to a hospital bed when I all I wanted to do was take care of my newborn.

what top is your sister wearing? I love it.

Christina April 14, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I’ve had mastitis twice. That is the worst!! I feel your past pain!

janetha April 14, 2014 at 2:24 pm

i mean.. it was nearly impossible for me to get out of bed this morning to take a shower and go to work… running? hahaha. nope. never. do you know kenzie? i can’t remember if you two have ever met/come in contact with each other. she is my friend from GPP and she does ultras and actually just did a 50k trail run. pretty sure she goes to antelope island every week to run. i bet you two would get along! her IG is @sarcasmandspandex

Kristina @ Blog About Running April 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm

It’s not the sickest I’ve ever been, but a couple weeks ago I got heart burn out of no where and it was horrible! I ate like two packs of tums before it went away. I was pretty sure I was dying and almost asked a coworker to take me to the hospital. I never got heart burn in my life before, but in the past year I’ve gotten it about 3 times. I hope it goes away forever!

Hope the meds kick in and you’re feeling better soon!

Funfitgirl April 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm

the first 3 miles are always the hardest for me too!! But after that I’m always glad I ran :)

I hope you feel better soon!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs April 14, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Last thing I baked — Amazingly Chewy Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Cookies: http://www.ahealthymrs.com/1/post/2014/01/amazingly-chewy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Betsy April 14, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I totally know the pain you are going through!! I have giardia (and some other fun little parasites… not all at once- different fun-filled events). I even trained for the MCM with an annoying plasmodium. Every run (especially long ones) was a gamble… But(!!!) the medicines work quickly!! Drink all kinds of pedialyte and Nuun!! Good luck!

Megan D April 14, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I think you need to bring those bars tonight. They sound heavenly and would pair perfectly with fro yo, I am sure ;)

I am sorry that you are still suffering with stomach issues. Hopefully today’s run was better than Saturday’s in that regard. Sounds like it was?? And I hope the medicine helps! I might have to say getting the flu while in my 1st trimester was pretty much terrible. But so was getting MRSA right after having Annabelle. But hey, it is when I am at my sickest that I am truly grateful for when I feel better again.

I didn’t have a hard time getting up today to go to the gym, I was up peeing already. However, I have wanted to take a nap ever since I got home at 7am. I haven’t been able to run in a week. I think I may have strained my adductor and it is just no longer comfortable to run, even after getting the belt. To say I am not taking it well is an understatement. Running makes me feel ‘normal’ when I feel anything but normal right now.

I baked those chocolate coconut zucchini cookies the other day. I put them in the freezer so that I wouldn’t eat them all in one sitting. Bad news. They taste amazing frozen, so it did no good.

Ashley April 14, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I think that on one of these runs you do with Julia you should convince her to start posting on her blog again. I definitely miss it!! :)

Feel better soon Janae. Clearly Thailand was not ready for you to leave and wants to keep a piece of it with you.

Emily April 14, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I am really sorry for your symptoms and ongoing illness, but I have to admit I got a little giddy when I read Giardia! I am a first year medical student and we learned about it a few weeks ago.. they have an interesting life cycle of cyst/trophozoite form, and virulence factors including their flagella.. they probably prescribed you one of the “dazole ” drugs. Thanks for the mini review session! Hope you feel better soon!

autismmum April 14, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I’ve had Giardia – it was awful – I think there are just 3 giant tablets that taste like metal – but they work pretty quickly – good luck!
Worst illness – viral meningitis (it was shocking, at one point I thought might die..seriously )
Yes I’m a lefty – we’re the best :-)
Last baked – choc-chip cookies

Natalie @ Twenty-Something Talk April 14, 2014 at 2:57 pm

He looks incredible! Definitely not 40!

Once again, crazy jealous of the views you get to enjoy on your run, no fair!

Food poisoning and strep are probably the sickest I’ve ever been, the kind of sick where you lose your will to live and just want to curl up into a ball. Man, I don’t miss that feeling!

Sally April 14, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I’m so sorry you still don’t feel well! I did have an illness where part of my large and small intestines had to be removed. That was a rough year!
Best baked good: my daughter made peanut butter cookies with reeses cups inside! Delicious!

Claire April 14, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Good news on the Giardia pills–they are the best thing in the entire world! I live in Ecuador and have to de-parasite every 3 months since they are pretty hard to avoid here. I promise you will feel 1000 x better once you finish the pills. Just don’t drink alcohol while taking them (or the day before or after) or you will feel like death and probably vomit–learned that the hard way one time.

Courtney April 14, 2014 at 3:16 pm

My mom had giardia after she went to Uganda and it took them over 2 months to figure out what it was! She lost a ton a weight and couldn’t work out or do much except for sleep for so long. Once she got on the medication, she felt better SO quickly. Like 100% after 3 days. Hope you have the same experience!

Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} April 14, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I hope you feel better! My friend has had that parasite before and her meds worked out great! :) I was really sick a few months ago, so not fun!

Becky @ Ok, so here's the plan April 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm

A lefty? Me too! I knew I liked you!

The sickest I have ever been is when I had the flu for a week and then it turned into pneumonia. I was in bed for over two weeks and lost about 15lbs – it was horrible, and painful!

The last thing I baked was strawberry oat muffins with my kiddos at work.

Caroline April 14, 2014 at 3:35 pm

The last thing I baked was muffins 2 weekends ago, and 2 weeks before that I made rootbeer float cupcakes. They were YUMMY!

Angelica April 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Feel better soon!!

Question about group runs: Do you all run at the same pace? If not, what’s your method for staying together/how does it work? Thanks!

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hey! Yes, on recovery runs we all run at the same pace… Just easy and relaxed. When we are doing speed work we sometimes run them together but usually we are all at a little bit different speeds and regroup during the recovery periods or during the cool down.

Annette@FitnessPerks April 14, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Those s’mores bars look fantastic!!

I swear–the hardest part of any workout is actually getting TO the workout!! So glad you got to get your run in :)

Doni April 14, 2014 at 3:50 pm

It’s so funny that you asked about being left-handed. That was literally the first thing I noticed in that picture. (Yes, I’m left-handed…mostly).

There have been days (usually at the track) that my running buddy and I have sat in the warm car looking at each other and wondering why the heck we’re there instead of in bed.

So sorry about your tummy troubles. I really hope you feel better very soon!

Laura April 14, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Hmm, I may have to steal your s’mores bar recipe for an Easter get together this weekend. I’ve been looking online for a new dessert to make! Last thing I baked was some yummy brownies with chocolate frosting for my oldest daughters cheerleading banquet.

I’m not a leftie but both of my brothers are. My 2 yr old son also might turn out to be leftie…..at least he only sucks the thumb on his left hand!

LauraMae April 14, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Hopefully your tummy didn’t hinder your long run! The worst sickness I have ever had is anytime I get a ‘Celiac Crisis’, like today. I am on day 2 of liquids not staying in my body. I am just aching to feel better and run! Those taxes do NOT look like fun at all!

Leah @ Running with the Hayneses April 14, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Your trail runs are making me jealous! The snow here is finally almost gone, and I’d be out running the trails again after a VERY long winter if it weren’t for a persistent foot injury that I just. can’t. shake. If you do sign up for a trail ultra, I want in! :)

Leigha @ Minougirl April 14, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I’m not really left handed but lately I’ve been writing with my left just to see how it goes and it’s actually not that bad!

I think I’m going to make your smores bars. They look DELISH. The last thing I baked was some blueberry muffins. yummy!

Runner Girl Eats April 14, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Last night I made a quiche for my weekday breakfasts but your baked goods look much tastier ;) Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jennifer @ Little Blue Sneakers April 14, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Lefty runner here! It was tough getting out on the road this morning for me too. But we were also under a wind advisory and that made the miles super tough.

Last thing I baked: these cupcakes. You must make them! http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/10/01/snickerdoodle-cupcakes-cinnamon-swirl-frosting/

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I need those cupcakes right now! Great job on running in the wind… That is so hard!

Rachel @ My Adventures As A Rinderknecht April 14, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I’m totally a lefty! Your taxes look intense, good luck!!!!

lospitale @ runnermamablogger April 14, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I am left handed and so is my husband, but both are daughters are right handed.

The last thing I baked was on Friday and they were s’mores cupcakes!

Hope you feel better

Jade April 14, 2014 at 4:45 pm

My dog had Giardia once and it was not pretty…I am so sorry that you have it.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 14, 2014 at 4:47 pm

If the S’Mores bars were good enough now S’Mores bars WITH rolos!?!?! AMAZING!!!

Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Yup another left hander here! My husband as well…yet none of our 3 kids are weird right? Sorry you are sick, running through that must be tough. Last thing I baked was some delish paleo brownies :)

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Okay, that is super weird!!!!

MILF Runner April 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Ugh…parasites are no fun. The medicine usually does work pretty effectively though. Just be sure to see the course all the way through. I hope you are all back to normal soon.

Oooo! The last thing I baked was a cake RIGHT NOW! It’s my oldest daughter’s birthday today :) It smells so good in the house!

Jen@milesandblessings April 14, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I LOVE the base layer purple top in your picture…do you mind me asking what brand it is? I am looking for lightweight base layer tops similiar to Lulu’s run swiftly top…but that don’t snag if it look at it funny! I would pay the money for a good base layer like that but the run swiftly top I had was SO delicate, I hated feeling like I couldn’t touch it wrong!
I was so sick the year of Hurricane Katrina (and I am never sick). My husband left on a trip to help victims, we had just moved into a house 2 days before and I had a baby and a toddler and I got SO sick. I never found out what it was but high fevers for a week, I lost 10 pounds that week and I am not that big so it was a lot!!!! I hope you feel better!!!!!!!…PS I still have to do taxes too! :(

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Hey! It is from gap! I love their sports gear!

Jen@ milesandblessings April 14, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Thanks!!! Checking it out online as we speak! Your running scenery is just beautiful…I say go for that trail race :)…praying you feel better ASAP!

Christine D. April 14, 2014 at 5:06 pm

It’s ironic that you’re mentioning being sick, because the stomach bug is going around the house. I felt great this morning, and after I got back from my run it was a totally different story.

The sickest I’ve been in recent years was a really bad stomach bug where I couldn’t even get out of bed. After a couple days I tried to stand up and I could feel my heart beating in my chest, at 150+ bpm. Scary.

The last thing I baked was brownies yesterday. :)

Happy birthday to your brother! You’re right, he looks so young!

I hope you’re feeling better soon!

Debbie @ Deb Runs April 14, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Yep, I’m a lefty, too!

Hope your meds help and that you feel better quickly. The sickest I’ve been was one of the last times I had pneumonia. The first time I tried to run after the doctor cleared me to exercise I felt like I had never run before in my life! I had such pathetic lung capacity, but that came back pretty quickly. Thank goodness!

Leigh April 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Try the smores bars with mini Reese’s Peanut Cups. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. They are life changing desserts. I like the bars better when they’ve cooled down too.

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 5:16 pm

You are brilliant.

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger April 14, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Omg, so sorry about your parasite! This morning, I couldn’t really get up, and I had to get up early to film for something I was doing, and I was so so late, and I hate being late! Threw my whole Monday off!

Kim April 14, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Boo to the Giardi hanging out inside your stomach but glad you finally have some answers about why you have been having a hard time recovering – hope the meds help!!!
I have had lots of stress fractures and never believed my husband when he tried to say it was because I always felt the need to run hard – I’ve finally made some changes and learned to embrace the easier runs – it has been about a year and half since my last stress fracture which is a record!

V April 14, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I am left handed and I like to blame my klutzy moves on the fact that everything is made for right-handers!

dana April 14, 2014 at 5:41 pm

You are not lying about the smores bars, I’ve made them multiple times and I have to resist eating half the pan by myself :) I hope your stomach feels better! You also have good genes in your family, you all look great!

Marie G April 14, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Ugg sorry you feel so horrible! I’ll pray for your quick recovery!
The sickest I’ve ever been was going through Lyme Disease… Now I’m looking forward to the day I can run again!
Your Blog keeps me smiling =)

Anastasia April 14, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I am left handed. Most presidents are left handed too…we are in good company.

The sickest I have ever been is from the Norwalk virus. A friend’s mother was on a cruise ship and came home with it. She gave it to all of us as a Christmas gift. I remember laying on the tile in the bathroom while my toddler son dragged toys in to play around my head. It was horrible.

tess April 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I am SO glad you finally got checked out. After reading day after day that you were still not well I thought..come ON. Something has to be up. And what is up is kind of … yuck. Praying for a superfast recovery.

Are you really doing your taxes on April 14th? Yes…I’m kind of giving you a hard time but only a little. Just thinking yikes, no pressure.

Rolos were my favorite candy ever before I knew I was allergic to chocolate. But man, they are delicious.
Feel better!

lauren@golaurengo April 14, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I wish I was struggling to get out of bed to go for a run instead of getting up at the same time for work. You know how it goes…school is crazy this time of year!

Jenny April 14, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Well I’m not happy that I was right about the Giardia but am glad it’ll be taken care of! Feel better soon! :D

Jan J April 14, 2014 at 6:59 pm

:(( hope the medicine works & you feel better soon! The sickest I’ve ever been was from raw milk. I learned that there is a definable reason for pasteurization!! I hot campylobacter, which then led to a rare syndrome called Guillane Barre syndrome & was in the hospital for 5 days. Thankfully mild case but zapped my energy & had to take a few months off & work my way back to running again. I never take my health for granted any more!

Jan J April 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Oh my goodness. Auto correct really got me.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom April 14, 2014 at 7:00 pm

My best friend is in the Peace Corps in Africa and had Giardia :( She was miserable the entire time, as well! I hope you get well soon!

Laura April 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I’m a lefty born on February 13th!

I’m also a vet – trust me when I say crypto is way worse than giardia. Not that giardia is any fun… Get better!

And I made a lovely froyo creation tonight – does that count?!

MND April 14, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Ohhh you poor thing! Yes I have had Giardia! I got it while on a mission trip in Nepal a couple years ago. I didn’t know I had it for awhile, maybe a week or two? I remember going through cycles of feeling just fine, then being hit with nausea, then feeling fine again….over and over multiple times per day, especially after eating a meal. The meds worked SO fast and I felt so so much better about the 2nd day into the meds! I lost a TON of weight from the giardia tho, which was a teeny tiny plus hehe ;) Hope you feel better super soon Janae!!

MND April 14, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Oops I’m sorry!!! Didn’t mean to reply to your comment, Laura! :s *emmmmbarrassed at my non-computer skills….ha

lindsay April 14, 2014 at 7:02 pm

oh no!! i’ve had a parasite. no fun. feel better. maybe more rolos?

Caitlyn April 14, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Take it easy girl! Giardi is not something to mess around with. I know people who’ve been out for weeks with it.

Jessie April 14, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Janae, I’m concerned about you. I have had giardia twice (once from a trip to Thailand!) and am a runner too. It completely drains you, literally and figuratively. You are pushing your body way too hard with the long runs while sick. As a therapist that works with folks with eating disorders, I’m worried about what seems to be compulsive and excessive exercise on your part. I know it’s none of my business, but I would hate to see you do irreparable damage to yourself at such a young age. Take care.

The Hungry Runner Girl April 14, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Thank you so much! Now that I know what is going on I am going to back off… before I just thought it was food poisoning and so I didn’t think I needed time off. Thank you so much for your concern!

lospitale @ runnermamablogger April 14, 2014 at 8:00 pm

By the way this left hander didn’t run in the morning but instead ran at 9:15pm.

Also, I am running a giveaway with Gone For A Run for a $20 gift card. Visit my blog @ wp.me/p4fmQC-7O

Carson April 14, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Hope you kick the Giardia soon!

The sickest I have ever been was when I did a study abroad stint in Honduras. I contracted some sort of parasite and was super sick while there. I was working in a hospital and kept having to run the mile back to our hotel because I was so sick. I stayed that way for about a month after I got back, even with medicine. It was terrible.

Kelli April 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I got food poisoning from a bag of spinach once! Worst day ever.

Last thing I baked was chocolate chip cookies with butterscotch chips in there too.

Gracie April 14, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Hey Janae! You probably got a prescription for metronidazole, which is pretty standard treatment for giardia. You should start to feel better in a few days, but for some people the nausea lingers for weeks. Hopefully you are not one of those people, though!
Email me if you have any questions for your pharmacist :)
And get well soon.

Kelly April 14, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Feel better ASAP!

Christina April 14, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Oh mama at least u know what it is praise God for that I hear the meds will take care of it! I have a friend that had that and she was fine after taking meds and no residual side effects or anything. So hang in there!
I’m a lefty!
Getting up early 2nd time ever running with a friend!

Courtney April 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm

This is crazy! On Friday my adorable puppy was diagnosed with giardia. I consulted the internet as all good dog mothers due, and read about the parasite and how it not only affects animals, but people especially after international travel. After reading your recents posts about stomach issues post travel, I was going to email you and tell you to go get checked for it! I must have some psychic abilities haha.

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens April 14, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I hope you feel better soon! I took Giardia a few years ago after getting a bug in Mexico, and it helped a lot…hopefully it works for you too!

Heather@ Hanging Out With The Moons April 14, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Oh no!! My dog had giardia once from getting into standing water during the rainy season in SF. I heard it is really awful when humans get it. Good luck!

Katheryn April 14, 2014 at 10:56 pm

The last thing I baked was a Hummingbird Cake today for my birthday on wednesday!

Emina April 15, 2014 at 2:00 am

Do you really think it was the Indian Food that caused your stomach problems? Usually that is cooked through. But all the “fresh/cut” fruit you have eben buying off the street seems to be much more likely…

Beky April 15, 2014 at 3:19 am

Oh giardia is not good. I’d start eating a lot of garlic and horseradish- It will help. I’ve gotten that from backpacking before. Feel better soon!

Kathy April 15, 2014 at 3:43 am

18 years ago….when hubby and I went on our honeymoon to Ixtapa, Mexico. I have no idea what I ate or if it was just the water (although I thought I only drank bottled?) any way for a MONTH after we got home I (yep, not him just me, myself and I) had the runs……

NOTHING stayed in me….had to be close to a potty at all times….I got very good knowing where they were in many places and parks!!! When I finally saw the doctors b/c of fear of dehydration…they affectionately called it “Matazuma’s Revenge”

I know I am not spelling that correctly but no time to look it up…..after tests, blood work, etc…..they said all looked good and give it time …that was Mexico etc…I guess they were right b/c almost exactly a month and I finally got it out of my system. ;-)

Jackie April 15, 2014 at 4:22 am

Feel better!

Flower April 15, 2014 at 5:00 am

Giardia sound horrible. Hope you feel better soon.

courtney April 15, 2014 at 6:19 am

your sister’s hair looks so pretty that way (sleek and smallish bump with the pony)! she should keep it up :]

i was so sick yesterday! random bug, but EW. and last thing i baked were slice-and-bake cookies, which i’ve NEVER bought before. however, i’m doing the whole30 and the past few weeks of baking delicious treats for my high-school advisees was just too much, so i decided to give myself a break and make it easy. have a beautiful day! xo

Kattrina April 15, 2014 at 6:24 am

I was thinking you had some type of parasite – especially after eating all that fruit from the street venders. Street food is always a gamble! I’ve had giardia numerous times, and many other parasites too. I did Peace Corps in Honduras and pretty much had parasites every day for two years. The medicine works really well and quickly, so you should already be feeling better!

The last thing I baked was Chocolate Cake with Cauliflower – a recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. It was actually delicious and you couldn’t taste the cauliflower at all. I brought it to a BBQ and everyone ate it and didn’t mention a thing!

DontBlameTheKids April 15, 2014 at 6:27 am

I had to google giardia, and OMG, that sounds awful! How did you run 10 miles like that?! Crazy.

The last thing I baked was blueberry muffins over the weekend. We pick tons of blueberries in July and then freeze them and eat them all year round. I am just using up the last of them now so that I have space for more blueberries this summer.

Suzanne April 15, 2014 at 7:11 am

I baked Honey Cornbread muffins over the weekend:
Really easy!
I had cancer 10 years ago, and the chemotherapy was rough but not horrible. I never got sick once, I just felt pretty crappy for a couple days after the infusion. Everything is great now! :)
Glad you figured out what is making you ill and that they can treat it! I hope you feel better soon.

Kari @ Running Ricig April 15, 2014 at 7:11 am

I think my dog had Giardia…is that normal?

I’m a lefty!!

It wasn’t hard for me to get out of bed today to run, since I’m not running at this point, but it was a struggle to just get out of bed.

Minddy April 15, 2014 at 7:16 am

Dang! I forgot I was going to enter this! My vote is for 5!!!!

Sam April 15, 2014 at 7:54 am

How do you get your teeth so white?!

Amy April 15, 2014 at 7:55 am

Hey – you’re a lefty! Being a lefty is fabulous….except for that whole smearing ink as you drag your hand across it thing…

Carina April 15, 2014 at 8:41 am

So glad you’ve got meds in the pipeline! I almost commented when you were in Thailand to be careful of eating so much fresh fruit bought on the street — delicious indeed but a huge risk. Take good care of yourself for a few more days and you’ll be back to new and kicking butt shortly!

Leslie @ My Life Begins at 30? April 15, 2014 at 9:34 am

Those bars look amazing and dangerous!! I probably shouldn’t make them unless I can take them somewhere to share. :)

JT April 15, 2014 at 9:41 am

my cats (I know, lol) both had Giardia when I adopted them. It took two courses of antibiotics for them to kick it.

I strongly recommend taking probiotics with your antibiotic, that should help!

Susan S April 15, 2014 at 11:31 am

My son is the only lefty in our family. As a baby, he looked just like my dad as a baby pictures so it was a heart tugger when my son started writing as a lefty – - the only other lefty was my dad who never had the chance to meet either of my kids.

The last thing I “baked” was the ice cream cookie cake for said son’s birthday last weekend. The next thing being baked is a toss up between Texas sheet cake and these smores bars of yours!!!

Hope the medicine helps!

Holly April 15, 2014 at 11:59 am

Girl, you & your sister are GOREGOUS!! I don’t know how you two do it, but you always look so perfect <3
& yes, your brother REALLY does only look 30…if that! Happy (belated) birthday to him!
Feel better- hope the meds clear it up for you.
Miss you X0

Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine April 15, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Yesterday I baked chocolate oatmeal cookies from the Runners World Cookbook! They were pretty good and I think I’m about to go eat some more:)
I hope the medicine helps you feel better quickly!

Justine April 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm

You REALLY don’t want to hear this, but I had stomach problems for roughly a year after getting giardia. Then one day things miraculously got better overnight! I hope it’s the same for you. In the meantime, I stuck to running routes with VERY frequent public toilets…

Kay April 16, 2014 at 6:09 am

Ugh I hope you are feeling better soon!!

I love the mini candy bags they’ve come out with – the Kit Kat Minis are delicious too!

amy April 17, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Rolos on your delicious smores bars???? Yes I will have to try that. Ive already got everyone addicted to your original recipe.
Happy birthday to your brother.
You and your sister are adorable.
I hope your medicine works fast for you.

Liana@RunToMunch April 17, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I couldn’t wake up. THat’s why i need to work out tonight instead =(

running barefoot May 1, 2014 at 5:47 am

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble.
You’re amazing! Thanks!