We found some turkeys and we were pretty excited about it.

November 24, 2013

I hope you are having a great Sunday!

Brooke and I are celebrating our Thanksgiving together today because we won’t be together on Thanksgiving day.

It was almost too perfect that we found some turkeys do go stare at to start our T-day celebrations off right.

Enjoy the rest of the day and I’ll see you in the morning!

HollieisFueledByLOLZ November 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Those turkeys could take out children.

Actually in the spirit of Thanksgiving I’ll tell you why Turkeys frighten me (and birds in general). When I was in Upstate, NY a friend of mine was cycling (about a 100 miles through the Adirondacks). A turkey began chasing him so much so that it knocked him off the bike. This was in a smaller town and it ended up stopping traffic around and no one would help him!

They also fly across the road at the level of my windshield and I’ve almost hit one because of it…anyways Turkeys are by far the scariest birds.

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

NO ONE WOULD HELP!?!? I don’t know what is worse… the turkeys or the people that didn’t stop! PS these turkeys were actually pretty scary too but Brooke still thought they were cool. Hope you are having a great day Hollie!

HollieisFueledByLOLZ November 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Turkeys are the land version of Sharks. ha

Have a great evening Janae!

Kristine November 24, 2013 at 3:06 pm

you are not alone…I am deathly afraid of birds!

Tiffany November 24, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I am scared of Ostriches! Those things are big and mean. I was chased by one once!

Leah @ Running with the Hayneses November 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Nothing to do with turkeys, but I know the feeling of being obviously in trouble and not having anyone help….I crashed my bike earlier this year on a fairly busy highway and literally laid on the side of the road for about 5 minutes before I had the strength to even stand up, and absolutely no one stopped to see if I was ok. I ended up having to get back on my back and ride home (thankfully only a mile) with a broke arm, sprained wrist and bashed knee!!!

Amy November 24, 2013 at 6:03 pm

My mom hit a turkey in the Adirondacks and it did $5k in damage to her car!

Keighty November 25, 2013 at 6:51 am

That is AWFUL. And makes me hate humans. I’m so sorry. If I could go all Cher on you and turn back time, I’d totally go there and help. How terrible.

Jules November 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Lol I love the Cher reference!

Jules November 28, 2013 at 4:18 pm

That is awful that no one would stop! I remember studying crowd behaviors in a class and some of the case studies were situations just like that. If one person had stopped, I’m sure there would have been a few more stops just because someone was already there. I’m sorry – I would have stopped for you!

Nicole @Pink Elephant on Parade November 25, 2013 at 5:54 am

The Birds helped me realize how dangerously threatening birds are… Rodents of the sky.

Cate November 25, 2013 at 11:35 am

Turkeys are straight up MEAN, so I don’t feel badly eating them! :) I hope you had a great celebration with your family, Janae!

Kristine November 24, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Janae, I love your boots! Where did you get them? You and Brooke are the cutest ever. Enjoy your Thanksgiving together!

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:04 pm

They are Steve Madden boots from Nordstrom:) Sure miss you!!! See you in March!

Lauren November 24, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Happy early Thanksgiving to you and Brookers!

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Thanks Lauren!!!! Hope you are having a great day!

Elle November 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

That means you will have her on Christmas right?!

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

YEP:)

Elise @ 9toFit.com November 24, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I love your bag

Leigha @ Minougirl November 24, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Looove the outfit! Happy Sunday Janae:)

Christina November 24, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Ahh so sweet! Happy thanksgiving!

Jaeme+randy November 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Those turkeys are named “thanksgiving” and “Christmas” in my parents neighborhood haha. I hope your thanksgiving with Brooke today is great!

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:28 pm

HAHAH that is so awesome… thanks for letting me know! Will you be here for Christmas?!? We should do lunch!

Jaeme+randy November 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Yes I will be! That would be fun I will message you when I’m there and we can plan it :)

Susan November 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Glad you two got to celebrate together :) Cute outfit :)

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs November 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Both you & Brooke look super stylish — great outfits!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving together :)

Jen@milesandblessings November 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm

COOL!!!!! Although I agree, unless it is dead on my plate…turkeys creep me out! By the way, I LOVE the boots. I only noticed because I am on a massive hunt for a cute pair of brown boots :)

Lauren @ LITP November 24, 2013 at 3:21 pm

That little pink skirt though! Brooke’s wardrobe FTW!

Heather @fitncookies November 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

So glad you celebrated wit hher today and have her for Christmas!! Much better holiday :) I love your outfit! So adorable.. enjoy your day!

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Oh I LOVE your outfit! And Brooke is adorable, as always <3 Have a fantastic Thanksgiving with her!!

Cecilia @MommiesRun November 24, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Happy Brooksgiving!

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 3:59 pm

HAHA this made me so happy:) I might have to call it that form here on out!

Jena November 24, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I think Brooke and I have the same sweatshirt! haha :)

Losing Lindy November 24, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, remember chin up, it is all for Brooke.

If you are in Chicago for Thanksgiving, let me know ;) I know you won’t be..but just sayin ;)

Stefanie November 24, 2013 at 4:11 pm

She took her hat off?!! hahah. Also, I love your handbag, michael kors?! Hope you had a super awesome rest day …I sure did enjoy this day of rest too but excited for the new week!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 24, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I hope you and Brooke are having a beautiful Thanksgiving!

Sanaz@Run for Cake November 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm

You two are so cute it hurts! I know I keep saying it but I could just eat her up she is so cute! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and for real, how many people can say they saw a Turkey (one that was alive) on Thanksgiving?

Ashley November 24, 2013 at 4:25 pm

LOVE your outfit! And Happy Mom-Brooke Thanksgiving :) Have an amazing day!

Laura November 24, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Love Brooke’s skirt! Those turkeys are enormous!! Have a great early thanksgiving!!

J @ unnaturellerunner November 24, 2013 at 4:42 pm

This is my first year doing the divided holidays. It’s hard! I have Thanksgiving, which means it’s going to be a sad Christmas morning. Hope you two enjoyed your day together!

Jill November 24, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Where did you get that cute bag?

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Ill link it in the morning post!

Megan November 24, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I just read Hollies comment and it reminded me of getting chased by a massive dog a few years ago and his owner was just standing in the driveway and I SCREAMED some choice words at him and he had the audacity to flick ME off. I was not pleased. I love dogs, heck I have a German Shepherd, but no one should ever feel intimidated by someone else’s dog. Oye.

Hope your early turkey day is a blast!

Leah @ Running with the Hayneses November 24, 2013 at 5:19 pm

When we were little my parents took us to see a turkey that a neighbor was raising, and the turkey walked right up to my brother and pecked him in the eye!!!!

Nicole@thegirlwhoraneverywhere.com November 24, 2013 at 5:20 pm

-you two are the cutest mother and daughter combo ever! I adore your outfit..boots, skirt, shirt…amazing!

Real turkeys frighten me…one time I got chased by one while out running….now the FEAR is always there!!!

Enjoy your thanksgiving with Brooke!:)

Katie Did What November 24, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Aww you two are both so cute!! LOVE your bag! And Brooke’s skirt! And I agree with the above commenters- turkeys are scary creatures.

xo

Emily November 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

It makes my heart hurt that you will be away from Brooke on Thanksgiving. I don’t even know you personally, but just from reading the last few months, I know how much you love that little girl.

Also- the story of the turkeys attacking- SCARY!

april November 24, 2013 at 5:38 pm

you and brooke both look SO cute – i really love your boots! i’m glad you got to celebrate an early thanksgiving with her :) hope you had lots of pumpkin pie & ice cream! <3

Cassie November 24, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Yes!! Please link your purse and boots in your morning post!! :) love them both
How perfect y’all saw turkey’s! Love your blog ;)

The Hungry Runner Girl November 24, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Thank you!!!! I will!

Caroline November 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm

at least that means you get to celebrate two Thanksgivings?! trying to find the silver linings :)

Robyn November 24, 2013 at 6:53 pm

So cute- have a lovely day lady x

MILF Runner November 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm

What I’ve learned in my long and “blended” life is that it’s just a day. Making the FEELING happen is what’s most important. You’re a wonderful mom and a good person.

Doni November 25, 2013 at 10:10 am

Exactly! The date itself doesn’t matter. You could celebrate Thanksgiving in July as long as it’s about family and friends (and really good food :) ) and being grateful. We have birthday weeks — which takes the pressure of any one day and makes for a very fun week.

Rachel November 24, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Everything about your outfit is perfect! So adorable. And of course, everything about Brooke’s outfit is perfect too.

Happiest of Thanksgivings to you and Brooke. I hope it was the best ever!

Niki November 24, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Enjoy your Thanksgiving together!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 24, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Awww enjoy your Thanksgiving together! :)

Livi November 24, 2013 at 7:27 pm

she is so precious!! that pink skirt…too much!

Debbie @ Deb Runs November 24, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Those white turkeys are pretty cool looking! Hope you had a great early Thanksgiving celebration with Brooke!

Lauren @Will Run for Boston November 24, 2013 at 7:43 pm

How perfect that you guys found some turkeys! Brooke must be very brave – those turkeys are ginormous!

Megan November 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Those turkeys are huge, yet beautiful, yet kinda scary!!
I agree w/ everyone: cute outfit!!

Carolyn November 24, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Holy crow, is that a bubble skirt Brooke is wearing?

Laura November 24, 2013 at 8:09 pm

These look like Royal Palm turkeys – a critically rare breed of turkey known to be less aggressive than others. Just wanting to defend what I think is a beautiful bird! Although I agree, many turkeys are just wicked…

Ganeeban November 24, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Love your bag & shoes!

BriAnne November 24, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Okay that picture of you and Brooke looks like a picture in a magazine! Love it! You are such a good mom to create such great moments for Brooke. You are in my prayers

Michelle @ Scentsy Independent Consultant November 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Omg Brooke’s skirt. Adorable!

Have a great thanksgiving celebration with Brooke!

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run November 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm

There are wild turkeys who wander my parents’ neighborhood and one of them charged at my mom when she stopped in her car to take a picture of them once. Scary birds.

Kari @ Running Ricig November 25, 2013 at 4:45 am

I can only imagine Brooke’s reaction to those turkeys! We get them around here all the time and they are nuts and so loud!

Niki November 25, 2013 at 7:38 am

That’s awesome you saw turkey’s on “your” Thanksgiving. Careful- Brooke might want one of those next :)

Forget those Black Friday lines. Shop Expert Brand from your couch and save with the code Expert10 at checkout. http://expertbrand.com

Martin March 8, 2014 at 4:25 am

I’m amazed that aynnoe is even aware of Thanksgiving outside of the US, Geoff, although I guess the ex-pats do their bit and their best to keep it alive. I used to stage Thanksgiving dinners in France when I lived there biggest problem was that it wasn’t the season for turkeys there (I was still eating them then). In France turkeys are for Christmas and that’s The Rule. No favorite Thanksgiving flick I couldn’t stand all of the hyper-chatter in H and Her Sisters (as with most Woody Allen movies), so I never got past the first few minutes before I zoned out and fell asleep. I should try again, because maybe that was only the way it seemed back then and maybe it would seem different now.

Amy November 25, 2013 at 11:44 am

I totally PR’d on a 10k yesterday in 18 degree weather – sidenote: there were turkeys crossing the road at about the 4 mile mark – totally creepy. In other news, Brooke’s skirt is totally adorbs.

Michele @ Nycrunningmama November 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I’m sure you are having a hard time since you won’t be with Brooke on Thanksgiving. My sister doesn’t spend the day with her daughter either and we celebrate as a family on Sunday – it has become our holiday. It’s just a day on the calendar and for us, that day is now Sunday =)
PS. There are wild turkeys on Staten Island. My mom often has groups of turkeys in front of her house at all hours of the day. Crazy!!

Natalie Ririe November 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Bet those cute little are not going to be nearly as feathery and happy come Thursday! Bless our dinners!

amy November 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Hugs for you! You are a sweet mommy.

Kay November 26, 2013 at 8:11 am

Aw I love Brooke’s outfit!