2.5 hours with my heart rate in the 140s.

November 24, 2013

My area is still experiencing crazy winds which made the idea of running outside yesterday sound unbearable.

Another morning at the gym.  2.35 miles on the treadmill before a pump class (I only made it to the second half of the class) and 1.65 miles after.

She is still wearing the hat as much as possible.

Afternoon nap time.  Usually I try to write a bunch of emails, clean up the downstairs and work on some side projects but yesterday was all about spending nap time doing extra important things.

Randomly this recipe card was sitting on my desk (I have no idea where it came from) the other day and ever since then I knew I had to make these blondies.   We didn’t have enough M&Ms so I added some of the caramel Ghiradelli chocolates (best decision I have made in a long time) to make up for the missing M&Ms.  I painted my nails while they were baking and Regina Spektor sang to me the entire time.   I will never get sick of her songs.

The combination of these things was just what I needed.

These blondies were delicious (I should have cooked them a tiny bit longer though).  Just expect me to make them way too many times until I find the next dessert I am obsessed with and then move on to make that dessert an insane amount of times.

Turkey and swiss cheese rollers.  For some strange reason Brooke did not want anything to do with these…  I don’t know why because they were delicious.

Hunger Games again.  I have a problem.  I really love the movie and if I have a friend that wants to go see it together… I will go (especially if candy is involved).

I feel like my heart rate was in the 140s for the majority of the movie, that is how intense it is.

This is my sister that isn’t technically my sister but has been like a sister to me since I was 5 years old.

Enjoy your Sunday!!!!!

Who has seen Catching Fire?

Last movie that you saw in the theater?  Favorite movie theater candy?

-I go for the sour things.  My friend chose Junior Mints… I was very disappointed.

What singer/bands do you listen to when you aren’t running?

Linda @running4two November 24, 2013 at 5:05 am

Can we go see catching fire together??? Perfect reason to travel from PA to Utah!

I usually go with peanut m&ms or goobers :-).

Leah @ Running with the Hayneses November 24, 2013 at 5:07 am

Haven’t seen the Hunger Games, but I read the books and LOVED them! I always some type of gummy candy– like Mike and Ikes or jelly beans. I saw the Junior Mints and was disappointed, too. :)

HollieisFueledByLOLZ November 24, 2013 at 5:15 am

It’s been so windy here too. I have been kicking my feet about running all morning. I’ll get back there at some point…

I prefer melted blondies myself so I wouldn’t mind these at all. Yummy.

Middleaged Runner November 24, 2013 at 5:18 am

Catching fire was awesome. I can’t wait to see it again! (definitely good enough to see twice :-))

Kate November 24, 2013 at 5:19 am

I saw it opening night and have been dying to go see it again! Loved it! Sour patch kids or milk duds.

Lauren @ LITP November 24, 2013 at 5:21 am

I think we need to see an “after” picture of the nail art! Looks festive!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 24, 2013 at 5:23 am

I’m getting so jealous of everyone going to see Catching Fire!!! I need to make this happen!

Marit November 24, 2013 at 5:23 am

Maybe I should go to the hungergames movie to. It Deens A very popular movie.

Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 24, 2013 at 5:34 am

LOVED Catching Fire. I have to admit that I didn’t go in with high expectations since I didn’t enjoy Hunger Games that much, but Catching Fire was so much better. And I’m with your friend — I love the Junior mints <3

Niki November 24, 2013 at 9:47 am

Thank you, for supporting my Junior Mint obsession ;)

Losing Lindy November 24, 2013 at 5:37 am

I normally bring in water too, and Jr. Mints are a great choice!

Niki November 24, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Yay! Go Junior Mints!

Becky November 24, 2013 at 5:37 am

I want to see Catching Fire soon, but I am working on finishing the book first!

Sara November 24, 2013 at 5:45 am

I saw it last night and loved it! My little sis (age 12) tells me The Maze Runner books are the next best thing, so I just picked the first one up on Amazon for under a dollar to read w her. She’s in the know. :) My candy preferences are fruity and tangy/sour: eg sour punch straws, skittles from the purple bag.

Karen @karenlovestorun November 24, 2013 at 5:48 am

We saw Catching Fire last night. I thought it was great, much better than the first one! I can’t settle on just one movie theater candy…peanut m & m’s, chocolate covered raisins, skittles….the list goes on. Really anything I can get my hands on.
The last movie we saw before this was Gravity and it was amazing!

Karen @karenlovestorun

Katie November 24, 2013 at 5:59 am

Ah! I’m going to see Catching Fire this week…. so excited. I’m planning on watching the first one today, so basically I’ll be even more excited in a few hours – haha.

Livi November 24, 2013 at 6:02 am

woo that wind sounds rough!! Not my cup of tea either!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles November 24, 2013 at 6:03 am

The wind is insane here too – it is suddenly like 20 degrees with wind chills well below that blowing at easily 40 mph. Glad I didn’t plan on running today lol. I don’t buy movie theater candy anymore because I became a cheap mom once I had my son. Now I make us a mixed bag from home of whatever he wants. I always did love the nonpareils though!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs November 24, 2013 at 6:12 am

I can’t believe you’ve seen it twice already and I haven’t seen it yet — I need to get to a theatre! :)

Those blondies look so good! I bet the caramel addition is amazing!

Sabrina November 24, 2013 at 6:20 am

I saw Thor on Friday night with the boyfriend, and I’ll see Catching Fire this week with friends that are coming into town.

emby November 24, 2013 at 6:25 am

The wind up here by the canyons has been intense. Hoping it lets up today so I can get out for a run. 50mph gusts are no fun for anyone.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 24, 2013 at 6:30 am

I haven’t seen Hunger Games yet! Definitely something I want to see soon though – as soon as the crowds die down a little.

Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes November 24, 2013 at 6:31 am

What a fun Saturday :-) I’m usually a peanut m&ms person, but lately I’d say I have a whole new appreciation for sour candy!

Amy @ Long Drive Journey November 24, 2013 at 6:39 am

I can’t wait to see the movie! I still have a few chapters left of the book so I have to finish that up so I can see it!!

Kelsey November 24, 2013 at 6:59 am

AHHH THe Movie was incredible!! Cannot believe it just ENDED though and we have to wait so long for the next!

Andrea November 25, 2013 at 3:40 pm

The book did that too! My friends advised me not to read any of the books until the third one was released!

HilJo November 24, 2013 at 7:04 am

Catching Fire was so awesome. So much better than the 1st movie! I am excited/nervous for Mockingkay…(I actually really liked the book, a minority on that I think. But still, it’s not exactly a feel good story). I would see it again in an instant! And the heart rate thing? So true. I kept feeling my pulse during the movie and didn’t stop shaking for 30 mins after. And I screamed loudly in the theatre during the monkey part.

Nicole @ Fueling Happy November 24, 2013 at 7:09 am

I loved Catching Fire. I also have a girl crush in Jennifer Lawrence. Raisin glossettes are my favourite movie candy. For some reason I only eat them when I’m at the movies. I used to love sour skittles, but I ate too many once and my tongue was raw for like 3 days. Ouch.

Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run November 24, 2013 at 7:10 am

I saw the first of the series, but the other 2 books really annoyed me because Katniss got whiny.

Christina November 24, 2013 at 7:21 am

I saw Hunger Games last nigh! It was so good…good grief those boys r adorable! I read all 3 books and I think I’ll read the 3rd one again since it’s gonna be forever til the next one is out! Yesterday I ran my local 5k turkey trot and I got first in my old lady age group was so cool. My son did the one miler and all day he was telling his friends how I got a medal. 23:38…I wanted to break 25…this mama was stoked!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 24, 2013 at 7:23 am

We were going to go see catching fire last night but decided not too at the last minute because we were exhausted and it was snowing – we will soon though! I am really excited for it!

dana a. November 24, 2013 at 7:24 am

I saw Catching Fire yesterday and loved it!

I love eating popcorn or sour candy too during the movie.

My favorite bands are One Republic, The Lumineers and Matchbox 20.

Those blondies look yummy!

Robyn November 24, 2013 at 7:25 am

I can’t wait to see catching fire…but I’ve made my friend in Melbourne wait do we can see it together over Christmas…so I have to hold out!

Sanaz @ runforcake November 24, 2013 at 7:31 am

The books were amazing! I can’t wait to see the movie! I love sours and gummies as my treat of choice at the movies!!!
I’m loving the Lana Del Rey Pandora station right now. Great mix of songs.
I even jammed to it during the beginning portion of my ten mile run this morning. Hope you have a great Sunday!

Kathy November 24, 2013 at 7:46 am

LOVED the book….but after days of hype from my daughter…I was expecting to be WOW’d beyond belief. It was good…but I won’t be going on for days about it like my teens! ;-) Guess I’m showing my mom age here.

The other movie we recently saw was THOR…The Dark World (LOVED THAT ONE!) ;-) Maybe Thor is more my kind of man than Peeta who knows? ha!

amy November 24, 2013 at 7:46 am

Havent seen catching fire yet but I saw the first one. My heart rate was up for that one. I think the whole idea of the series is just disturbing, if u think about it happening in real life. But I still liked it because it made me think. (Havent read the books yet).

I’m listening to my random pandora stations, teen beach movie channel, electric light orchestra channel, 50′s rock and roll which also pulls up some 40′s music too. I was dancing in the kitchen with my kids the other day listening to it. Oh and I really love Christmas music right now.

Those blonides look yummy but my family cant get over your smores bar. My sister took them to a cookie exchange. Now everyone there is addicted :)

Kendra November 24, 2013 at 7:50 am

Just saw it last night!!! LOVED it! I will be seeing it at least 2 more times with a few friends & I can’t wait!!!

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run November 24, 2013 at 7:59 am

Agreed! The movie was amazing and my heart rate was elevated the whole time! That basically counts as a work out right? :)
haha That’s funny because to me Junior Mints are the epitome of movie candy. Please don’t disown me.

Erin November 24, 2013 at 7:59 am

I’m seeing Catching Fire on Friday!!! The last movie I saw in the theater was Monsters University with my kids over the summer. No candy here just popcorn. I love any kind of music that is upbeat while I run.

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 24, 2013 at 8:04 am

Peanut M&Ms all the way!!! I haven’t seen the new movie. I rarely ever actually see movies in theaters… my dad usually buys them when they first come out on DVD/Blueray so I just wait until then. I’ve heard it’s amazing though!

Nikki @ grab your kicks November 24, 2013 at 9:07 am

Many people don’t like them, but I love Good n’ Plenty! You have to have the taste for them for sure. Last movie I saw in the theatre was The Way Way Back which was really good. I’d like to see Catching Fire soon though!

Annie November 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

I saw Catching Fire yesterday and Oh my goodness I want to see it again today! So so good!

Niki November 24, 2013 at 9:49 am

From now on, I will only order junior mints…just so I don’t have to share ;) Love you, Janae! Even if you are “disappointed” with my food choices ;) ha ha

Laura November 24, 2013 at 9:52 am

Haven’t seen Hunger Games yet.. and I’m SO sad and jealous of everyone that has. I loved all 3 of the books!

Last movie I saw in the Cinema I think was Fast and Furious 6.

Holly November 24, 2013 at 9:52 am

I approve of your Sour Punch-I always go for the sour myself. Usually sour gummi worms. The last movie I saw in theatres was 12 Years a Slave (which was FANTASTIC). Can’t wait to see Catching Fire, though!

Laura @ Live, Run Sparkle November 24, 2013 at 10:02 am

I’m going to see Hunger Games this afternoon as a matinee, I’m so pumped! I usually get popcorn at the movies (and I’m totally getting it today). I love it with the white cheddar powder on top, so good. If I get candy, its always either Swedish Berries or Fuzzy Peaches.

Brooke is so cute in her hat, lol. She looks so happy!

Kristina @ Blog About Running November 24, 2013 at 10:04 am

Pretty nail polish combination – it is very holiday-y (holidayish?)!

I usually don’t listen to music when I am running, but sometimes if I need a little boost I listen to “Lose Yourself” by Eminem on repeat. I listen to it solely for the line “feet don’t fail me now” haha :)

Elise @ 9toFit.com November 24, 2013 at 10:22 am

I need to see it ASAP!!

Gracie (Complicated Day) November 24, 2013 at 10:32 am

I ran n the wind this morning and it was heavenly! So invigorating! But then, it’s like 45 0r 50 F here, so not freezing. If it was bitterly cold I’m sure I’d be complaining.

Nikki @ will run for pizza November 24, 2013 at 10:45 am

Recipe looks like one I need to make soon! We haven’t seen Catching Fire yet – waiting for the theatre to die down for a minute so we don’t have to deal with the hoodlums! :)

Heidi November 24, 2013 at 10:48 am

I JUST saw it this morning at Imax. It blew my mind. I’m totally going to see it again. At LEAST one more time. :D

Megan @ MegGoRun November 24, 2013 at 10:49 am

I think the last thing we saw in the theater was Silver Linings Playbook. We really don’t go to the movies together a lot because our tastes are so different! If I really want to see something, I’ll go alone, though!

Leigha @ Minougirl November 24, 2013 at 11:12 am

Yesterday I had to cut my run short because the wind was so bad:( but then I went to my friend’s house and we made lots of yummy food so it was okay! I did 5 today too so I feel better. The last movie I saw in theatres was Bad Grandpa.. hahaha!

Jill November 24, 2013 at 11:44 am

I saw that movie last night! I liked it. But I like Thor 2 more lol. I’ve seen Thor 2 twice now.
I like twizzlers for candy at the theatre but popcorn and nachos always win over candy.

Nicole@thegirlwhoraneverywhere November 24, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Today I Ran a half. It was cold with a 23 mph wind. Omg. Wind=not fun!
I have decided I need to ask for that super amazing Brooks jacket for Christmas!!!

I am going to see it tomorrow, I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara November 24, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’m going to see Catching Fire with my niece and her 4 friends next Sunday, I CANNOT WAIT!!!

The last movie I saw in the theater was The City of Bones, again with my niece and her friends (they love movies and I love hanging out with them watching teen movies that I am WAY to old to admit I really love!) My favorite theater candy is sour patch kids, hands down, with the occasional reeces pieces.

When I am not running, I usually listen to our local Country hits station, I love Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, etc. They make me so happy!

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

Marissa November 24, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Those blondies look amazing!
I saw it Friday and it was awesome!!
I always have a cherry diet coke, small popcorn, and hot tamales at the movies, and I prefer to mix the last two ;-)

Emma November 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I can’t wait to see Catching Fire!! My favorite candy to buy at a movie theater is probably Sour Patch Kids…..YUM!

Lisa@runningoutofwine November 24, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I haven’t seen catching fire but I want to! I haven’t been to the movies in years because its expensive and I usually fall asleep. I don’t think I would fall asleep during this, so maybe it’s worth going to!

Katie Did What November 24, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Junior Mints are sooooo good!!! :D Sorry to dissapoint ;) And yum, I must try blondies, I’ve never had them!! Haven’t seen Catching Fire yet, but I’m pretty excited to. It was my fave book out of the trilogy!

xo

Jennifer November 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Just made the blondies! Thanks so much for posting the recipe. The Mr. and I saw Catching Fire last night. LOVED IT! I still need to read Mockingjay. Plan to start it tonight. My favorite thing to eat at the movies is popcorn, not really into the candy, sorry :( But if I had to chose a candy it would be chocolate, probably mini snickers bars.

Allyssa November 24, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I have to say that my first choice for movie theater candy is Junior Mints! But if I could have something to join them it’s Sour Patch Kids!

Amanda November 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm

We LOVE those turkey Swiss cheese rolls from Costco! Lucky for me my daughter doesn’t like them either. More for the hubby and I!

Kristi November 24, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I loved Catching Fire! I can’t wait to see it again. One of the best movies I’ve seen in a while.
My favorite movie theatre candy has to be chocolate, cause I’m a chocolate girl :)

Ashley November 24, 2013 at 4:20 pm

SO jealous! I can’t get anyone to go see it with me yet and you’ve gotten to see it twice!!!

Lindsay November 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I went to Hunger Games on Friday night and loved it! The theatre was sold out! I feel like I need to see it again though – I probably missed so many things!

Debbie @ Deb Runs November 24, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I haven’t seen Catching Fire…. The last movie I saw was Despicable Me 2 this summer. I’ve never had candy at a movie, but popcorn and soda, absolutely!

Runner Girl Eats November 24, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I just borrowed Catching Fire from a friend so htat I can finally watch the movie next week :) My favorite dessert lately is anything chocolate but I have been really craving brownies lately…might need to make some soon!

Lauren @Will Run for Boston November 24, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I just saw Catching Fire last night! It was so amazing that when it ended it didn’t feel like it had been two and a half hours at all!! I usually sneak dark chocolate M&M’s into movies because they are just so amazing mixed in with popcorn, but if I had to go for candy sold at the theater I would go for the snowcaps! love those things!

Kari @ Running Ricig November 25, 2013 at 4:45 am

I would totally see Catching Fire again and I just saw it last night. It was so much better than the first. I LOVED it!!

I think undercooked blondies are the way to go. I like my desserts to basically be dough.

Nicole @Pink Elephant on Parade November 25, 2013 at 5:57 am

Everyone knows you get popcorn at the movies and I’m waiting impatiently for Anchorman 2 to come out.

Cori @ shes going the distance November 25, 2013 at 6:58 am

saw it yesterday and my heart rate was up the whole time too!!

Shantel November 25, 2013 at 7:02 am

I just died a little inside with excitement that you like Regina! Hands down my favorite artist!

Niki November 25, 2013 at 7:37 am

I go with sour things, like SweetTarts for sure. Junior Mints…lame!
I’ve been kind of in a music lull right now.

Forget those Black Friday lines. Shop Expert Brand from your couch and save with the code Expert10 at checkout. http://expertbrand.com

Kay November 26, 2013 at 8:12 am

What a productive nap time!

Taylor @ Singletrackedmind November 27, 2013 at 11:41 am

I’m all about the sour candy. And popcorn.

Marissa November 28, 2013 at 10:13 am

I love Catching Fire and will see it again soon. On my drive to work yesterday morning, one of Regina Spektors song came on shuffle and she sings about Trader Joes and I thought “I should tell Janae about this!” because it made me think about you, but wasnt sure if you knew who she was. So when I came across this post today while im doing some HRG catch up, it made me smile.

Stephanie @ Cat Lady Runs November 29, 2013 at 7:02 am

I LOVE Regina Spektor. Also, I still haven’t seen Catching Fire, which makes me sad.