My old stomping grounds and how my mom tried to console me.

July 24, 2013

I think my sister may have a thing for Chobani judging by her fridge.

I have told you many of the reasons that my sister is the best but I have another thing to add to the list… she had an extra coupon for a SEASON pass to Seven Peaks waiting for us so that we can go with her as much as we want while we are in Utah.  PS It made my life that they made Brooke her own Tadpole Pass.

Oh Seven Peaks, I spent every summer day of my high school career here going on these slides, eating Dippin’ Dots and reading magazines with my girlfriends while laying out.  It was a very special experience to bring Brooke to my old stomping grounds.

I had two of my nephews there with us and my sis watched Brooke for a little while so that I could go on the slides with them.  There is a huge one where you race 6 people at a time and I am proud to stay that I won both times that we went on that slide.  Those fartleks and tempo runs must be paying off.

Brooke was in love with the kiddie pool and all of the sudden she has become a daredevil and crawls SO fast on over to the deeper end.   She was also standing all by herself throughout the day.  I can’t take this.

After the water park I went with my parents to my dad’s favorite, Subway.  I had the turkey avocado (my ‘thing’ lately).

After we left Subway I had an URGENT craving for chocolate covered cinnamon bears so we went to the closest grocery store to get some and they did not have any.  I was very upset about this and my mom tried to console me by offering the chocolate orange sticks to me…. do people actually like these?  I was shocked they had these over my chocolate covered cinnamon bears.

Don’t worry, I made them go with me to a different grocery store to get them and the craving was satisfied.

I feel like I haven’t properly introduced you to my parent’s dog.

Maggie, these are my blog best friends.

Blog best friends, this is Maggie.

She follows my dad around all day long, they go on walks together and she is the sweetest most calm dog ever.  Brooke can’t get enough of her.

———————————————————————-

Where was the cool place to hang out at when you were in high school?

Any Utah people reading that have been to Seven Peaks?  Anyone have a pass this summer?

What was the last thing that you craved?  Craving anything right now?

How many nieces and nephews do you have?

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 24, 2013 at 4:07 am

Water parks are so much fun, but so exhausting too! I’ve pretty much always have a craving. No matter how much I eat, the craving never fully goes away!!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 24, 2013 at 4:08 am

oops…. a craving for froyo, that is ;)

Meaghan @ Tale of Two Teachers July 24, 2013 at 6:25 am

I’m with you on this one! My favorite froyo place just opened less than 3 blocks from me… DANGEROUS!!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 24, 2013 at 6:46 am

That is SUPER dangerous! ;)

Megan July 24, 2013 at 4:13 am

HS was all about the malls and the movies! We also had a six flags and seebreeze! Seebreeze is crappy now that I look back on it but gosh I loved those rides!!

I have been craving cheeze its as of late…

I have 1 niece and one on the way!

Jen @ milesandblessings July 24, 2013 at 4:17 am

That is a lot of greek yogurt!!! :). I have 3 nephews and a niece.
I feel like I was in so many sports in high school that we didn’t do much hanging out…
maybe just at friends houses or Starbucks.

Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com July 24, 2013 at 4:28 am

We always went to a particular section on the beach ( I grew up in Florida). When I got older and made friends with the lifeguards, I learned that their nickname for that section of beach is, “Dirty Beach” haha!

I am jealous of your sister’s Greek yogurt stash! I always get so mad the Costco doesn’t sell the plain. Grrr Costco :)

Andrea R. @ Morning Runner Girl July 24, 2013 at 4:30 am

it is 7am and I am craving chips and salsa– its a problem! haha I always want them!! salty and crunchy… so so perfect!

the cool place in high school was for sure the movie theater…..

Jessica R @ FromtheKitchentotheRoad July 24, 2013 at 4:35 am

I junior high I would go to the mall every single day during the summer. Now I pretty much hate going to the mall. In high school I branches out a bit more and would go to the river or lake for some outdoor time or downtown to hit the mall or the movies.

Annie July 24, 2013 at 4:36 am

I’m confused now, I thought charlie was your parents’ dog? Or is he your sister’s one maybe?

The Hungry Runner Girl July 24, 2013 at 5:08 am

Hey Annie! Charlie is my in-laws dog!

Annie July 24, 2013 at 6:56 am

haha I had everything wrong :D Thanks for clarifying!

Kari @ Running Ricig July 24, 2013 at 4:41 am

I’m not sure there was a cool place to hang out when I was in high school. Either that or I wasn’t cool enough to know about it.

When did your parents get a dog. Too cute! Brooke definitely needs one.

I don’t have any nieces or nephews!

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy July 24, 2013 at 4:46 am

I have two nieces and one nephew. They are the best!
I have been craving birthday cake ice cream. I had it once and I’ve been dreaming about it ever since.
The cool place for us to hang out in high school was in my friends field with a bon fire…. Yeah, I used to be a country girl.

Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com July 24, 2013 at 4:48 am

I love water parks! Adventure Island is 20 minutes from my parents house and we used to spend so much time there during the summer as high schoolers. GOod times :) I have one niece who is almost 3 and it is so fun to watch her grow up. She LOVES the water too. Right now I am craving some ice cream… even though it’s only 7:50AM. It’s just so darn hot here already (78 degrees/ 95% humidity). You guys really need a dog. Like FO REAL.

Emily @ Running for Boston July 24, 2013 at 4:50 am

I am totally craving something right now (food-wise) I just have no clue what it is. Do you ever have these cravings? I’m being very particular at the moment so I don’t really want anything until I know what ‘it’ is so I can eat that. It’s a very bizarre feeling.

Lisa Michelle July 24, 2013 at 4:52 am

Hey, twinner! Love that we went to Utah at the exact same time. We came out yesterday–I take your 6 hour flight and raise you to 12 HOURS! As exciting as it was flying into the Provo airport, Allegiant was a nightmare and delayed our flight inevitably until I ended up wandering around the Oakland airport for 8 hours with a toddler who refused to sit (and was *this* close to running out of diapers). But we made it! Hope you have an awesome time with your family!
p.s. Yes, 7 Peaks rocked.

Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords July 24, 2013 at 4:58 am

I don’t think that there was one cool place to hang out in high school, more like many cool places. I had a major craving for some lemon ice last night, but resisted. I unfortunately don’t have any nieces or nephews. I wish I did. It seems like it’s the perfect situation — you get to spoil them and then when they cry they go back to their parents.

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes July 24, 2013 at 5:02 am

I have been majorly craving chocolate lately! This really isn’t different than any other time in my life though ;-) I have two nieces and two nephews… and they are awesome!

Sarah @pickyrunner July 24, 2013 at 5:05 am

We had a water park not unlike that one growing up ad I always loved going. No season passes and I’m a chicken so I didn’t go on the big slides that went straight down but I still absolutely loved going every summer. Maybe I’ll make a trip there before I go back to school…

Teresa@The Chronicles of a {Not So} Supermom July 24, 2013 at 5:13 am

We hung out at the pool in our subdivision. Way cool.

I have been craving cake pops for over a week now! My husband brought me 3 the other night and I scarfed them down thinking that would take care of the craving but it didn’t. Clearly, he should have bought me more!;)

Anastasia July 24, 2013 at 5:17 am

I haven’t been to Seven Peaks in years. Your photos bring back memories. Happy Pioneer Day!

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats July 24, 2013 at 5:17 am

The hot spot to hang out in highschool was the beach or at the sandbar (if you had a boat to take you there)…these were one of the perks of living in Miami, everything centered aroudn the ocean! I have been craving the Brookside chocolate covered pomegranates for sooooo long but have been holding back because I tend to eat them all in one sitting.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 24, 2013 at 5:35 am

Last night I had a crazy craving for Frozen Yogurt – so I gave in. HA I also had craving for cherry slices about an hour later but i didn’t give into that one. Moderation right!? :)

Corrine @ Eat Run Wine July 24, 2013 at 5:35 am

Everyone goes to Lake Lanier in the summer over here. Other than that, people would hang out at Zaxby’s. Super cool, right?
I always crave the same things through out the day- orange juice and chocolate. Sometimes chips and salsa get thrown in there. Random and weird.

I’m the oldest, so no nieces or nephews yet! I do have one niece from my husband’s cousin- so she would be my 2nd cousin or my 2nd niece? Not really sure how that works, but she’s the only new kid on either side of our family!

Amy @ Long Drive Journey July 24, 2013 at 5:48 am

Everyone went to Blue Bayou water park when I was in high school. It was Louisiana, so it was so ridiculously hot, and you were out there literally all day when you went, but I have fond memories of Dippin’ Dots too!

I’m an only child, so no nieces or nephews, but my cousins kids feel like my nieces. My cousin has a one year old who is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love going home just to play with her!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 24, 2013 at 5:50 am

Holy Chobani, batman! Yea, maybe a little bit of a fan there ;-)
And I’ve been craving ice cream like mad lately! It’s been my dessert of choice the last few weeks.

Mindee July 24, 2013 at 5:51 am

Stokes in Salem has the chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
I have 10 nieces and 4 nephews. 10 of my parents 18 grandkids live on the same block as them. It’s always a party at grandma and grandpas house.
Yes we have the pass but rarely use them at 7 peaks. Way to many people for me.

kali July 24, 2013 at 6:02 am

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears….YUM!!! My fav and so delish!

Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution July 24, 2013 at 6:08 am

Is Maggie a doberman!?

The Hungry Runner Girl July 24, 2013 at 6:34 am

Yep!!!

Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution July 24, 2013 at 6:36 am

Dobermans are the BEST!!! My sister in law has one who looks SO MUCH like Maggie, and her name is Margot! She had a doberman for years named Lexie who sadly passed away last summer. She was my favorite running partner. Margot is still a little young to go running, but I can’t wait to take her out when she gets a little older.

Alexis July 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Absolute BEST breed ever! So misunderstood, they’re the sweetest, most chill, yet awesome running buddies ever. Once we got our dobie, we swore we’d never live a day of our life without a doberman again:) Yay, thank you for finally introducing us to Maggie!!!

Julissa July 24, 2013 at 6:15 am

I saw this recipe and immediately thought of you:

The Hungry Runner Girl July 24, 2013 at 6:34 am

Ahhhhhhhhhh thank you! I will be making these!

Meaghan @ Tale of Two Teachers July 24, 2013 at 6:23 am

I love water parks!!! We had one here when I was growing up but it’s closed now :( ill have to make a trip over to Vancouver now that I’ve seen your pics!

I don’t have any nieces and nephews… YET! My brother is getting married soon and I can’t wait to be an aunt! :)

Leah @ Running with the Hayneses July 24, 2013 at 6:25 am

I have 12 nieces and nephews–all on my husband’s side, and he only has two siblings!!!

Wendy @ New Moms Talk July 24, 2013 at 6:25 am

I’ve never heard of Seven Peaks, but I’m guessing the hub probably has. We’re hoping to head to Pineview today and swim Pioneer Day away with quiet beaches (maybe?).

Thanks to the good hub, I now have 14 nieces and nephews, 1 great niece and 1 great nephew (it still befuddles me that I could be called “Great Aunt” and I’m only 35!), and just 1 nephew on my side.

Eileen July 24, 2013 at 6:36 am

I am seriously craving some Mexican food…chips and salsa, guac, maybe a burrito! I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews and they are awesome!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 24, 2013 at 6:41 am

LOOOVE Seven Peaks! We haven’t been able to go this summer, but it sure is fun. I grew up in the Phoenix area, and the “cool spots” were Desert Ridge (an outdoor shopping center) and Big Surf (a water park).

Amanda July 24, 2013 at 6:46 am

I don’t know if it was cool, but my friends and I hung out at Chili’s. Every weekend. All the staff knew us and our orders!

Cari July 24, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’ve never tried chocolate covered cinnamon bears, but they sound AWESOME. :)

mary @ minutes per mile July 24, 2013 at 7:07 am

I work for LivingSocial and just wrote a deal for the Pass of all Passes! So cool to see pictures of Seven Peaks, I’ve written about it so much!

Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now July 24, 2013 at 7:07 am

I last craved a smoothie and oatmeal – but we are out of brown sugar and I don’t know if I can eat oatmeal without brown sugar ;)

Shannon @ Mon Amour July 24, 2013 at 7:09 am

I love waterparks and pools! So cool that you were able to take Brooke there!

Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns July 24, 2013 at 7:18 am

I was always over at one guy friends house or another, or the local 7/11 getting slurpees, and sometimes we traveled to a different town to get Jamba Juice lol. I am always craving chocolate. I remember when I tried the chocolate covered gummy bears, they were odd to me, not sure if I liked it or not, but I wanted to try another. I love how happy Brooke is, she always makes me smile :)

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run July 24, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’ve never been to Seven Peaks! Some Utah girl I am! I should fix that some time.

I’m know that for a while Classic Skating was the cool place to go but that may have been middle school. I can’t quite remember.

I’ve been craving froyo all week. Today might be the day I satisfy that craving.

KP July 24, 2013 at 7:24 am

I have to say I LOVE that swimsuit!! It’s adorable! :) Also, I showed my hubs Maggie, and he melted! He loves Dobies, he grew up with a pair (and wants one for us to have a running buddy now!) and always does that with them.

Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama July 24, 2013 at 7:37 am

Dippin’ Dots are AWESOME! Growing up we always had summer passes to White Water (a huge water park outside of Atlanta), and getting Dippin’ Dots was a special treat. Chocolate covered cinnamon bears?! Hmmm, I love chocolate. I love cinnamon flavored candies. Putting two things I love together? Must be awesome! Will have to see if I can find some of those out East! I have 5 nephews, 1 step-nephew, 1 niece, and 1 on the way! I love being an auntie, and my girls loved bossing around all of their cousins, regardless of age!

megan d July 24, 2013 at 7:44 am

We all have pass of all passes. We used them just yesterday to go to a movie. Love them! My kids love going to seven peaks and there is a laser tag by our house we can go to too.

Those chobani’s are an amazing deal at Costco right now- your sister was smart to stock up.

My brother has Doberman’s and they are so good with my kids when we go down to visit (they dont have kids yet) . Evan especially loves them.

2 nephews 8 neices. I got a new neice two weeks ago I have yet to meet, but will see on Saturday. Yay!

I wasn’t craving anything until you mentioned chocolate covered cinnamon bears…and now I will be craving those until I eat some. Thanks a lot! ;)

Jan J July 24, 2013 at 7:45 am

I bought passes this year for my whole family, and we’ve gone every week! Maybe we’ll see you while you’re here :) . Not going today… Think it will be packed being the 24th & all. Any parades for you guys today? Races? Have a great day!

Jordan July 24, 2013 at 7:46 am

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears?! I didn’t even know those existed!!! I MUST try them! Chocolate covered orange sticks are actually pretty good :)
I’m pretty much always craving some form of chocolate. And ice cream. Aaaand just anything sweet.

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More July 24, 2013 at 7:48 am

We have a water park here and an amusement park. We would spend a lot of time there all summer long with our season passes.

Last thing I craved? Iced coffee. It was waiting for me ready to go this morning! (I make it the night before.)

I have 14 nieces and nephews, with number 15 due in October. The oldest is 21 years old. They are awesome!

Vernie July 24, 2013 at 8:02 am

Lol…cool place to hang out in high school….I grew up in a small town so everyday after school we would all hang out at the park in the center of town. That or corn fields…like I said, SMALL town. :)

My usual craving is for anything chocolate & peanut butter. Over the weekend I ate a king sized bag of Peanut Butter M&M’s. Those things are SO good!

And I have one niece & one nephew. It’s so hard to not want to buy them every cute thing I see, but I resist (most of the time) since they already have everything imaginable!

Kelly in Canada July 24, 2013 at 8:05 am

I didn’t find out about the “cool hangout” from my highschool until someone suggested they go there for the 10-year reunion via the poorly organized Facebook event. I didn’t go, but neither did about 229 other people (out of a class of 250), so I figure I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t cool enough to know about it! My friends and I usually just went to each others’ houses. :)

I have 3 nieces, and I am currently living with them so I get lots of Auntie Kelly time.

Right now I’m craving Rice Krispies with banana slices because its my pre-run snack!

Tiffany Dutson July 24, 2013 at 8:17 am

I spent many a summer days at Seven Peaks as well, but it is way to crowded now that they sell the passes. I haven’t been back in years, but I really miss it!

Lauren July 24, 2013 at 8:26 am

The cool place to hangout when I was in high school was the local pool, St. Pete’s Park to jump rocks, and Sonic! I am craving a Reeses Pieces sundae right now because I saw a picture on another blog. They are my favorite! I don’t have any nieces or nephews yet, but I’m waiting patiently (kind of). ;)

april July 24, 2013 at 8:43 am

maggie looks so cute! you definitely need a dog – i think brooke agrees :)

Natalie @ Free Range Human July 24, 2013 at 8:51 am

I’m so glad to see there is someone else in the world who is just as obsessed with Chobani as I am! Maggie looks so sweet-dogs are such a great part of life. I have one niece and one nephew, but I am counting the days until my sister has babies!

Erika July 24, 2013 at 9:09 am

I’m totally addicted to the coffee/dark chocolate Chobani bites! I wish they came in the regular sized containers.

Lately I’ve been craving sweets and carbs. I’m trying to cut back but it’s hard since my coworkers are constantly bringing delicious treats to work. Must have willpower.

Maggie is super cute! I love Brooke’s photos! She is adorable.

Suzanne @ Mixing It Up July 24, 2013 at 9:28 am

Someone has been buying their Chobani at Costco!!!! I know because I tend to stock up, too!!!

Water parks are fun but I can’t do them all day long like my kids want to do. A few hours and I am DONE!!!

I have never had chocolate covered cinnamon bears but the orange sticks actually sound really good to me!!!

Annette@FitnessPerks July 24, 2013 at 9:39 am

I love water parks!!! Your swimsuit is super cute btw :)

craving fro yo, pizza, and watermelon!

Katie July 24, 2013 at 9:47 am

Awww Brooke’s tadpole pass is the best thing ever. Looks like such a fun day! That dog is so cute!! :) And I have zero nephews or nieces… yet. My brothers need to get on it!! ;)

xi

Amy @ crazysweatymommy July 24, 2013 at 9:51 am

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears….I had no idea.

Katie @ Bevo Loves an Aggie July 24, 2013 at 9:57 am

Maggie is such a pretty dog! I’ve never even heard of chocolate covered cinnamon bears??

Kay July 24, 2013 at 10:04 am

Woohoo, that’s so fun that you guys get to go to the water park as much as you want!

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners July 24, 2013 at 10:08 am

I love going to waterparks…how fun!

MILF Runner July 24, 2013 at 10:11 am

I never knew where the cool kids hung out. I was so decidedly UNcool.

I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews. Our family comprises more than 2/3rds of my MIL’s grand kids.

Kay July 24, 2013 at 10:48 am

What the heck are chocolate covered cinnamon bears…?!
I lived near one of the biggest malls ever so we always hung out at the mall
Ice cream.. I finally had the s’mores blizzard last night! better than I imagined :))

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables July 24, 2013 at 11:12 am

Aw that looks like so much fun!

Katherine July 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm

That’s my favorite yogurt ever!

lizzie July 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm

A few weeks ago i was craving the byu bookstore chocolate covered cinnamon bears! Love those things!!!?

lizzie July 24, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Minus the ?. It is not a question if I love them :-)

Carson July 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Last night I was craving pizza in a bad way. I tried to convince my husband to go get me some at 9:30pm, but for some reason he thought it was too late. So I ate all of his Snickers mini bites to tie me over :)

Nicole July 24, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Chocolate + Orange = EEEEEWW!

Molly July 24, 2013 at 3:09 pm

i have been craving falafel so much recently!! almost to the point where i would eat it for breakfast, if offered…that’s sad. in high school, the cool place to go was a huge outdoor shopping center called legacy village. Shops, restaurants, and fro yo!

Logan @ Mountains and Miles July 24, 2013 at 4:48 pm

No nieces and nephews..I keep begging my sister, though! Ha.

I’ve really been craving nectarines and Sour Jacks lately.

Debbie @ Deb Runs July 24, 2013 at 5:46 pm

It’s nice to meet you, Maggie!

I have seven nieces and nephews with two more on the way! :-)

We lived in Logan, Utah for two years, but that was a long time ago. There wasn’t a Seven Peaks there… at least not at that time. Have fun!

Rachel July 24, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Hi Maggie! Nice to meet you! You are beautiful and probably incredibly loyal.

I don’t think I knew where the cool place to hang out was when I was in high school because I wasn’t all that cool. We just hung out in my room making CDs and chatting on AIM. We were the good kids.

My sister is due with my first niece any day now. We though she was going to come yesterday, but no such luck! Now we are all waiting impatiently for Zoe’s arrival!

Mindy July 24, 2013 at 7:43 pm

We have passes and go to seven peaks almost every Friday (my day off). I lay in the sun and nap or read while the kids play in the water, it’s perfect.

Marissa July 24, 2013 at 10:07 pm

My latest craving is ice cream! We are currently in Seattle and by the time I’m ready to satisfy my craving, most of the creameries are closed :( So sad. I hope Portland can deliver tomorrow night! I have 5 nephews and 4 nieces, and 6 great nieces and 4 great nephews. My newest nephew is 3 months old and he totally satisfies my baby craving (thank goodness!)

Holly KN July 24, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Last night, I was craving ice cream…I went to bed instead.

Right now…I just finished lunch, so not really craving much at the moment. But give me an hour or two. ;-)

No nieces or nephews. Siblings and siblings-in-law, get on that, would you??? :)

Amy @ Run Mom Run July 27, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Seven Peaks in the summer was the place to be! I haven’t been there in 15 years. I thought that place was awesome.

Dippin’ Dots are amazing too. They have them at our zoo here and every time I get them I think of Seven Peaks.

Kim Morley July 28, 2013 at 2:26 pm

You just might have to bring me back some chocolate covered cinny bears.ahhh!! I die for them!