First run back and I don’t even know who my husband is anymore.

April 7, 2013

It happened.

I ran.

Without pain.

Going into yesterday’s run I was very nervous that the IT band pain would come back a few minutes into my run and force me to take more time off but it didn’t.  My coach is having me be very conservative about my mileage and pace for a while which is obviously a good idea.   It was hard to not go longer than the beautiful 3.1 miles that I did yesterday because I felt good but I need to think long term for once in my running life.

The Jacobs’ adventure for the weekend was to San Francisco (aka our favorite place ever).

My second workout of the day involved walking up and down ridiculous hills.  PS can we talk about the purple bus in the background, now that is cool.  Can we also talk about how professional Billy (oh yeah, I mean Bill) is dressing now that he has an ‘internship’ lined up for the summer.  I don’t even know who he is anymore.

Hi, I all of the sudden have a toddler.

Billy has a list of places that he wants to try and so we went to a new place yesterday and I had the fried chicken sandwich with the most delicious coleslaw in the sandwich.  The french fries were sooooooo good.

The reason for our trip to San Francisco was to hang out with our really good friend that came into town.  You may recognize her (the one on the left) from back in the ‘Utah days.’  She is staying with the adorable couple on the right who I am going to force to hang out with us all of the time because they are so cool.

After lunch we went to Nordstrom, it was SEVEN STORIES.  I didn’t know it was even possible to have that many floors of amazingness all in one place.

Next stop was to teach Brooke about art at an art show in Union Square.  This one was her favorite (judging by how fast her legs were kicking when she looked at it).

And of course we had to get pictures in front of the hearts.

Babies in hoodies= awesome.

All four of them:

(thanks Addie)

Today is MOVING DAY!!! From now on we will be the proud owners (okay, renters) of a two bedroom apartment.  Part two of our San Francisco day is coming up but I should probably go now and actually start a little thing called packing.

Have an awesome Sunday!

Jessica R @ fromthekitchentotheroad April 7, 2013 at 5:03 am

I am loving those hearts! I am glad you got to run again! Yay!

Cori @ olivetorun April 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

Glad the run went well! Good luck with your move…. having the extra space will be so worth the transition to the new place. :) Have a great Sunday!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

Yay for moving day! I can’t wait to see Brooke’s nursery once it’s finished!

And Bill(y) looks mighty dapper – he’s just getting himself ready for wearing professional wear for every day of his life in a few years.

Sarah @pickyrunner April 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

A SEVEN story Nordstrom? I could do some serious damage there. Your day looks like so much fun! Brooke is so grown up- hard to believe it wasn’t that long ago that you just announced she was going to be part of your life.
I’m so happy that your run went well! Coaches usually know what’s best.

Wendy @ New Moms Talk April 7, 2013 at 5:06 am

Congrats on the pain free run.

Have you seen or heard about Eric Telchin’s book- See a Heart, Share a Heart

The hearts (while premade) reminded me of it.

Best of Luck moving!

lindsay April 7, 2013 at 5:09 am

those hills are crazy! good workout for sure, especially with toddler in hands. good luck with the move. wish i could come help, i feel ya! and yay for pain free!

Hollie April 7, 2013 at 5:09 am

Where to begin with my comment LOL? I’m glad your coach has you on a conservative plan and your it band isn’t being obnoxious. Do you have any near future races?

Second, your San Fran adventure looks like a lot of fun. I swear you, Brooke and Billy never take a bad photo! Some of us (me) need to instagram them to get decent ones bahahaha. Anywho-

Congrats on the moving. Random thought of the day, It’s hard to believe how much has changed since any of us started blogging…I guess that is what growing up does. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Monica L April 7, 2013 at 5:10 am

I’m so happy for you that your run went well! Good for you for having the patience to wait out an injury! Pictures are awesome-you are making me want to visit San Fran! I lived in Huntington Beach for a couple of years and am kicking myself for not making further north than Malibu. Brooke is adorable as usual and Bill(y) really does look like a young professional!

Andrea @ mainerunnergirl April 7, 2013 at 5:12 am

Glad you’re back running! I’ve always wanted to visit San Francisco!

Brittsrunningstyle April 7, 2013 at 5:15 am

Good luck moving!

Heather @ Run Like a G! April 7, 2013 at 5:16 am

What an exciting weekend!
Moving weekend and a run?!?!!?
You go girl!!!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona April 7, 2013 at 5:18 am

I’m glad your run went well – that must has been a relief.

I’ve been to a restaurant before that put coleslaw on hot dogs. It might sound weird, but it’s actually really good.

Losing Lindy April 7, 2013 at 5:18 am

I love the picture of Brooke where she is looking up, like who are these people.

She looks at food the way I think you look at food. ;)

Laura April 7, 2013 at 5:23 am

I remember that Nordstrom when I was there! SO amazing.

Brittney @teaberrytrails April 7, 2013 at 5:23 am

Yay for running without pain! Good luck packing and moving! For me, packing and moving ranks up there with laundry (being as a detest both haha). Looks like San Fran was fabulous =) I want to get out that way again soon!!!!

Amy @ Writing While Running April 7, 2013 at 5:24 am

I love San Francisco so much! The hills there are a killer workout. So Glad you are running pain-free! I have my fingers crossed it continues for you :)

Laura @ beanstalk April 7, 2013 at 5:27 am

I’m feelin Billy’s new style! Very dapper.
Congrats on the run sans pain! Here’s to many more days of pain free running!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs April 7, 2013 at 5:28 am

Congrats on a pain free run! Hope it continues that way! :)
I’ve never been to San Francisco, but it looks so pretty! Someday!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 7, 2013 at 5:30 am

Haha I hated it when I showed up 2L year to school and suddenly everyone was wearing suits and I was still… me. Haha staying strong! And I LOVE San Francisco – I’ve only been the one time this past January to visit my friend who lives there but I wish I could go all the time!

Gracie (Complicated Day) April 7, 2013 at 5:42 am

The hearts are lovely! And you guys look like you had fun. Glad your run was pain-free. I had a question about pool running. Is the buoyancy belt required? I don’t mind buying one since I’ll probably need it for a few months, but I’m anti-clutter and I’d rather not if I don’t need it. How does it help/change your pool running? Thanks!

The Hungry Runner Girl April 7, 2013 at 6:11 am

Hey girl! It isn’t required but recommended! It helps you stay afloat so that you can focus on your running form, not trying to stay afloat/swim. I am truly so sorry about your awful stress fracture!

Laura @ Live, Run, Sparkle April 7, 2013 at 5:49 am

Your day looked awesome!! Love those hearts! I need to go there. Good luck with the move :)

Heather @ Run Eat Play April 7, 2013 at 5:53 am

I love Brooke’s little mittens! Happy moving day!

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes April 7, 2013 at 5:55 am

Beautiful pictures!!! Looks like an awesome trip to San Fran! Good luck with the move!! Sorry we aren’t there to help :-(

Danica @ It's Progression April 7, 2013 at 6:02 am

That trip looks like a ton of fun!
I hope moving goes well–yay for more space!

Lauren April 7, 2013 at 6:12 am

Yay for pain free running and chubby cheeks in hoodies!

Shari April 7, 2013 at 6:13 am

Brooke is just so cute! Looks like you all had a lovely day! :)

Amanda April 7, 2013 at 6:20 am

So happy you are back to pain free running! Can you have Billy teach my husband how to dress? He still dresses like a 12 year old

Lisa Davis April 7, 2013 at 6:24 am

Those hearts are SO COOL! I’ve always wanted to visit SF!

Susie April 7, 2013 at 6:25 am

Happy moving day :) Hope you love your new place and that Brooke loves her new room!!

Christina@LiveDreamRun April 7, 2013 at 6:29 am

That purple bus is so cool!

I need to visit San Francisco – it looks like an awesome place to be.

Becky April 7, 2013 at 6:30 am

Glad you had a good first run back!! I just gotta say that my roommates and I really enjoy reading your blog and your post for that day is always part of our daily conversation! We’re training for a half marathon in 3 weeks and when it gets tough we say we gotta channel our inner janae and we’ll get through it! :) Good luck packing!!

Jenelle April 7, 2013 at 6:35 am

I was looking forward to hearing that your first run back went well. Yay! My husband and I loved CA when we visited. San Fran will be on our to do list next time we go!

Tiffany April 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

Congrats on the pain free run AND having the self control to not a ton of miles! Good luck with your move today!

Runningwithscissors April 7, 2013 at 6:54 am

Good luck with your move today! And…..that chicken sandwich looks AMAZING! That is reason enough to visit San Fran!!!!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 7, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hooray for pain free runs! And good luck with your move today! I moved into my current place about a year and a half ago and I’ll probably live here until I die because of how much I dislike packing, unpacking, and transporting all my stuff. Hopefully yours goes smoothly!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles April 7, 2013 at 7:10 am

Bill, AKA Mr Intern, looks very professional. I am sure you are very excited about more space. Another baby coming??? They could share a room.

The Kidless Kronicles

Presh April 7, 2013 at 7:13 am

Glad you had a good run!
I can’t wait to visit SF one day
but boy oh boy those hills!
& OMGawd that pic of your daughter
with her gorgeous blue eyes.
Precious :)

Taylor April 7, 2013 at 7:16 am

Congrats on getting back into running and good luck on the move!

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling April 7, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’m so happy your run went well!! And when I went to San Fran a few years back we went to the mall there and I remember Nordstrom’s being HUGE! And the Forever 21. It had 3 or 4 stories I believe!

Becky April 7, 2013 at 7:34 am

So happy you could run again! Enjoy it!

Good luck with moving!

Carolyn April 7, 2013 at 7:39 am

I’m so glad you were able to run your 5K with no pain! Yay!

San Francisco one of my favorite cities in the country – does the Nordstrom still have a champagne bar? And a spiral escalator? Love that place!

You all look wonderful – happy moving day!

Tedi April 7, 2013 at 7:42 am

My hubby and I are headed out to San Fran next month. What is that lovely restaurant called? I would love to check it out!! :) I have the case
of shin splints so I have been biking a lot. I miss running!! Glad you were finally able to. :)

The Hungry Runner Girl April 7, 2013 at 10:39 am

It was called naked lunch! Sooo good! Billy got their burger and loved it! I hope your shin splints heal ASAP!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 7, 2013 at 7:52 am

So glad to hear your run went well! You’re right, your little Brooke is looking more and more like a toddler these days. Such a cutie she is! Good luck with the move!

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run April 7, 2013 at 7:53 am

Looks so fun! I need to make a trip out to San Francisco soon. It’s been way too long since I’ve been there. Brooke’s pig tails are so cute!
Happy Moving Day! I hate moving but the part about being in a new place is always nice. Just the actual packing, moving, unpacking isn’t so fun. Good luck!

nerri @LaPetiteRunner April 7, 2013 at 8:01 am

That look on Brooke’s face in the group pic is hysterical. I just can’t get enough of her cute toddler self!

I am a terrible packer – best of luck with the move and congrats on the upgrade :)

jenn from b-more April 7, 2013 at 8:13 am

Where was your lunch?? I am coming out to SF in 3 weeks and trust your food judgement!

The Hungry Runner Girl April 7, 2013 at 10:38 am

It was called naked lunch and it was so good! What are you coming out for?

jenn from b-more April 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm

My boyfriend is IN a wedding in San Diego so we are starting there and driving up PCH to Napa for a few days and ending the trip in SF! So excited! (now I need to know where you got that crab sammie in your next post…we have MD blue crabs here but I love me some dungenous crabs) I have Bob’s donuts on my list already thanks to you :)

The Hungry Runner Girl April 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Ahhhhh so fun! You are going to have the best time ever! The sandwich is from aliotos at fishermans warf!!! Ahhhhh bobs donuts!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 7, 2013 at 8:37 am

I love the picture of Brooke looking up at all of you … too cute! Good luck on moving day!! :)

Marijn April 7, 2013 at 8:56 am

Good to hear you’re running without pain again!!

Katie April 7, 2013 at 9:03 am

I love how you can, more or less, judge the quality of something by Brooke’s leg movement. Super cute :)

Miranda @ Miranda Runs April 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

Bill(y) is dressing super professional now! Where are his shorts and hoodie?! It’s probably good your coach has you starting out slow. I ran so much this week and now my foot is hurting… yikes.

Brittany April 7, 2013 at 9:40 am

Correction: Babies in hoodies AND mitten gloves = awesome. That photo of you and Brooke with the city in the background is adorable! Congrats to B on his new internship!

Ali @ Hit the Ground Running April 7, 2013 at 10:16 am

Woohoooo!!! Successful pain-free run! I’m impressed by your long-sightedness here, because 3.1 miles just doesn’t seem like enough if you’re feeling good. Are you allowed to run daily?

Have fun moving. It’s such a great excuse to throw out crap you don’t need anymore.

ash parker April 7, 2013 at 10:19 am

Where did you guys go to eat ? Because that sandwich looks amazing !

The Hungry Runner Girl April 7, 2013 at 10:37 am

Naked lunch! It was so good!

Tammy April 7, 2013 at 10:38 am

Glad you ran without pain. I love babies with hoodies but at the same time it makes them look older :( mini teenager lol

Leigha April 7, 2013 at 10:39 am

Yay for running!!!I’ve always wanted to go to San Fran. I need that chicken sandwich like now. The heart collage pic is super neat!

Natalie @ Twenty-Something Talk April 7, 2013 at 10:48 am

So happy for you and your pain-free run!

Brooke’s facial expressions crack me up, she looks a little suspicious of your new friends in that group pic, she is just too adorable.

Happy moving day!

Zoe April 7, 2013 at 11:02 am

congrats on the move, the fun trip, the toddler, and the run without pain!! what a great weekend :)
i just checked my milage tracker and i have officially ran 100 miles so far!! so proud of myself.

Kellye April 7, 2013 at 11:16 am

At first when I read you went running and I saw those pictures of the SF hills I thought you may have run those!! Glad you were able to run without pain! :) What restaurant did you go to?? The sandwich looks delicious!

Christina @ The Tiny Runner April 7, 2013 at 11:27 am

Love all of the pictures! It looks so fun! Good luck with the move!

STUFT Mama April 7, 2013 at 11:49 am

Sooooo glad your run was pain free friend. I’ve been thinking about you. Love all your pics from SF. Um, yeah, that purple bus is darn cool. :) HUGS!

Therese April 7, 2013 at 12:28 pm

San Francisco is my second favorite city (New York wins because it’s home). It is one of my top 5 happy places. I hope you got to go to the top of the escalators at Nordstrom and then look down and get dizzy ! I love that.
Where did you eat? I’m always looking for good places there.
Ran the San Luis Obispo half marathon today. I felt great and had a Personal Best even though it was SOOOOOOOOO Hilly. Big highway hills not my trail hills.

So glad you are back in the game! Running game that is.

Nadeem March 8, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Unllaaplered accuracy, unequivocal clarity, and undeniable importance!

Get Fit With Krista April 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Good luck with the move!! Brooke is so adorable in her hoodie!!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm

LOVE that pic of her with Billy & her hoodie. So precious!

Good luck with the move!

Debbie @ Deb Runs April 7, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Congrats on your run today without pain!!!

I love your friend’s mint shoes! They are too cool!

Marilyn April 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm

This post made me smile really big, because I just got back from my first, real pain-free run all year! I’m so happy (and foam rolling like a maniac). Congrats on your run!

Avery @ SBLW April 7, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I went to SanFran with a mission trip group this past summer, and love the city! In fact, I remember those hearts perfectly! The little square they’re in is so fun! I remember meet a street performer there while doing mission work, and the people are so kind. Great run!

Nicole April 7, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I adore this post from top to bottom. So many cute pictures of your little family and friends (old and new). Makes me smile. THANKS!

Colleen April 7, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Yay for a pain free run and moving to a new apt!!! What an awesome weekend you’ve had!

Gina @ LifetotheFdegree April 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Glad you were able to run and felt good! That’s always scary when you first come back. I remember my first runs after knee surgery, with every step thinking about whether or not it hurt.

Karen@tradingheels April 7, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I’m so glad to hear you are running again! Yah!!!

Stephanie@nowirun.com April 7, 2013 at 8:41 pm

That picture of you with Brooke (first one) on the street in SF is just AMAZING.

Stephanie@nowirun.com April 7, 2013 at 8:41 pm

PS
Congrats on your first run back!!!

Coco April 8, 2013 at 4:31 am

So glad you had a pain free run! It really looks like such a beautiful place to explore.. Brooke looks like such a big girl- she seems to have really changed from baby to big girl in the last month!

Kari @ Running Ricig April 8, 2013 at 5:02 am

Good luck with the move! I can’t wait for a tour!

I’m so glad you had a pain-free run!!

Laura April 8, 2013 at 10:15 am

Glad the first run back went well! Sounds like you and your coach are taking a smart conservative approach to getting you back into running. Fingers crossed it works, IT band problems are no joke. Been there, done that!

Kay April 8, 2013 at 10:22 am

I love how you all had something mint on that day!

Zaneta April 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Woohoo for the great run without pain!! So exciting! :)
It’s probably smart to be conservative… here’s to injury free running!!
Good luck with the moving! :)

beth April 8, 2013 at 9:31 pm

such a fun day!! shanghai dumpling king is next :)

Whitney April 10, 2013 at 10:02 am

OMG I have the exact same picture of one of the hearts (the one with the Golden Gate Bridge on it) from my trip a month ago!!! SO COOL!!! :) Wish we could’ve been there at the same time!!

Chloe Daniel October 15, 2013 at 2:57 pm

My name is Chloe Daniel,I live in the United States.A few months ago,I met a spell caster called Dr Ozikor while I was on the internet trying to get a spell to get back my boyfriend.My boyfriend Dylan left me because he met some cute and skinny girl that made him think I was fat.I was devastated for months.I cried so many times and I always prayed for the day Dylan would come back to me.When I met Dr Ozikor,I didn’t trust him because I had heard a lot about scam and all that but he assured me to put my mind at rest as he wanted to genuinely help me.Something inside of me told me to trust him and I did and now I’m glad I did.In less than 3days after Dr Ozikor cast a spell for me,my boyfriend Dylan came back to me and we have been happy together ever since.I believe he can help you too.His e-mail address is: ozikorspelltemple@yahoo.com