Too MANY choices.

March 17, 2013

This is Brooke’s mischievous face.  She knows she is not supposed to take her socks off and I caught her in the act…

We spent our afternoon at the Stanford Shopping Center and finally after 2.5 years of blogging and me asking Billy to take my picture with desserts it was finally his idea that I get a picture taken with these beautiful cakes.   Finally I have brainwashed him into thinking this is normal behavior.

After the mall we went on over to my cousin’s baseball game.  This was Brooke’s first ever baseball game and I think she loved it.

She thought she was pretty cool when she got to sit on the curb after the game with Billy and she desperately wanted to try that Gatorade.

My cousin’s team WON (he is really good at baseball) and we went to a Chinese restaurant afterwards to celebrate.  The menu had 8 pages to choose from.  I get anxiety when there are that many choices because I want to try every single item because they all sound delicious.  PS even though they had an 8 page menu, they did not have Orange Chicken?!?! Crazy right?

We started with pork buns (rolls with pork inside and this Chicken Chinese Salad.  The salad was the best ever, I don’t know how they made it taste so good.

Since there were so many choices we decided to order most of the menu;)  Calamari, kung pal chicken, scallops and shrimp, chow mien, mongolian beef, lemon chicken and broccoli.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

——————————————————

Use coupon code COMP20 until 3/31/13 for TWENTY percent off all Compex Muscle Stimulators!

—————————————————–

Tell me three things that you did yesterday?

Favorite Chinese dish?

Favorite flavor of Gatorade?

-The purple one.  Delicious.

Sarah @PickyRunner March 17, 2013 at 5:05 am

I like Brooke’s guilty face and Billy’s boat shoes next to her. I didn’t realize you’d only been blogging for 2.5 years. I guess I’ve been reading since the beginning! Yesterday I cheered on some bloggers at the Rock n Roll DC half, ate a skillet of cinnamon rolls, and picked up some cupcakes at Georgetown cupcake to bring to my mom in Florida! Winning day if you ask me!

Bri March 17, 2013 at 5:08 am

We dressed up my daughter in a green tutu then went to a St. Patrick’s Day parade where we saw a ton of high school friends. When we got home we made homemade pizza. Great day!

Cori @olivetorun March 17, 2013 at 5:18 am

I drink powerade zero not Gatorade but love the purple as well.
Yesterday was Saturday so what we did was a given TARGET,grocery shopped, and ended he night seeing Jim gaffigan. Hilarious.

Stephanie@nowirun.com March 17, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I LOVE JIM GAFFIGAN.
Have you heard the thing about Hot Pockets? Camping?
He’s hilarious!

cori @olivetorun March 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm

YES! He did a little of the hot pocket skit at the end of this one too. SO funny :)

Jessica R @ fromthekitchentotheroad March 17, 2013 at 5:20 am

1. Went on a gloriously short recovery run
2. Did 10,000 loads of laundry
3. Went to the mall to try on jeans and fit into the smallest size I’ve ever fit into. That was a good moment!

That Chinese place looks so good!

Stephanie@nowirun.com March 17, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Good for you with the jeans! That’s a great feeling.
Laundry feels good when it’s done and put away. Keep telling yourself that! :)

Erica March 17, 2013 at 5:20 am

Long run
Target shopping spree
Made steak for dinner

Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian March 17, 2013 at 5:21 am

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Three things I did yesterday: watched my boyfriend play NHL ’11, ate pistachio ice cream, got my hair cut.

Lisa Bailey March 17, 2013 at 5:29 am

Where did you get the cute sweater? Such a nice spring color on you .

Logan @ Mountains and Miles March 17, 2013 at 5:29 am

Rock and Roll Half Marathon – Got a 17 minute PR!

Played with our new puppy (we got him Friday night!)

Went out to eat with my sister and brother-in-law at the Cheesecake Factory!

Stephanie@nowirun.com March 17, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Yay for you and your puppy! Ooooh. Cheesecake Factory – jealous!

Wendy @ New Moms Talk March 17, 2013 at 5:40 am

Three things I did yesterday:

*went fishing with my hub and daughter in the Ogden River!
*went antiquing where the hub found a killer deal on a book!
*decided to “not be bored” and be thankful for the family I have. Every moment with them is a wonderful one.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 17, 2013 at 5:42 am

I actually don’t like gatorade at all… or any flavored water or sports drink, I wish I did though! And three things I did yesterday: 1) brunch with a friend, 2) went to the Sporting KC (KC’s pro soccer team) season opener game, and 3) had dinner with my family & grandparents!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 17, 2013 at 5:43 am

I love pork buns! I think they’re my favorite things whenever I go for dim sum.

Andrea @ mainerunnergirl March 17, 2013 at 5:44 am

No orange chicken?!?! I like red Gatorade but I can’t remember the last time I had it!

kim@hungryhealthygirl March 17, 2013 at 5:45 am

I’m not usually a huge Chinese food fan, but all of those dishes look amazing!

Annie March 17, 2013 at 5:46 am

I panic when there’s too much to choose from too!

Ps: I love how you’re dressed, red is definitely your color :)

Losing Lindy March 17, 2013 at 5:47 am

I can’t blame Brooke, I would want my socks off too. :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 17, 2013 at 5:50 am

Going with everything is the perfect solution to too many options, and I’m so jealous that it’s warm enough over there for Brooke to go ripping her socks off! Wish I could do that…

Three things from yesterday? Hiding from the snow, baking up a storm, and lots of taste testing ;)

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 17, 2013 at 5:54 am

I’m not a big Chinese fan but love egg rolls. Could eat a dozen of them. I get overwhelmed with large menus too and I always end up regretting whatever I order lol

Stephanie@nowirun.com March 17, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I think if you hated Chinese food you would still have to like egg rolls!

Abby @ZestyNerd.blogspot.com March 17, 2013 at 6:01 am

Oh yum- I love going for Chinese with a group of people so I can taste half the menu!

Yesterday included a 20 mile run, watching the Bachelor finale, and making peanut butter cup cheesecake. It was cold and wet though; I’ll be looking forward to the sit outside and take your socks off weather!

Stephanie@nowirun.com March 17, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Way to go on a 20-miler!
You deserve a big slice of that PBC Cheesecake. I hope you had one!

Alyssa March 17, 2013 at 6:07 am

I LOVE her little pigtails! I just started eating meat again after 16 years as a vegetarian so I don’t know my favorite Chinese dish now – I haven’t had it since I’ve been back in the game! I’m more of a powerade girl. Three things I did yesterday….yesterday was pretty boring – played on the internet, worked at a running store, and went to yogalates I guess!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

Three things I did yesterday: Went to my husband’s basketball game, bought and hung curtains in the nursery, and ate enchiladas. It was a great day all around! :)
My favorite Chinese dish would have to be orange chicken. I can’t believe they didn’t have it on the menu?!
Favorite flavor of Gatorade would have to be the blue or purple frost one. Do they even make those anymore? I haven’t had a Gatorade in forever.

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 17, 2013 at 6:49 am

Kung pao chicken! I love how it’s spicy!!! The watermelon ice Gatorade was my favorite bc it was clear but still amazing tasting! Three things we did yesterday were 10 miles with my coach, play at the park, and make brownies :-)

Lauren March 17, 2013 at 6:54 am

I get anxiety with large menus, too. You pick one dish than turn to the page and see something which sounds delicious and your heart rate picks up because you don’t want to choose the wrong one hahah!

I used to hate grape flavored things but I like the purple Gatorades/Powerades the best now! So good.

Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles March 17, 2013 at 7:02 am

Brooke makes the best faces ever!! She is so adorable!!

Ashley March 17, 2013 at 7:11 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone order that much Chinese food, but it looked delicious!

I ran yesterday, then came home and got in some reading for school and wrote a quick four page paper on it.

Don’t really like Gatorade. When I used to drink it I liked the blue kind.

P.s.— Brooke is so adorable! She looked like she was having fun at the baseball game.

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles March 17, 2013 at 7:34 am

I ran 5 miles, went to Costco and got my car washed !
Fruit punch G2.
Orange Chicken, chicken and broccoli.

The Kidless Kronicles

Samantha March 17, 2013 at 7:37 am

Three things I did yesterday: ran my 5th half marathon, made chicken Parmesan pizza, and did some studying for a Spanish exam.

I know what you are saying about ordering anxiety when there is like a million different options! How are you only suppose to choose one!? As for Chinese food, General Tso’s chicken is my favorite even though it’s probably nutritionally the worst! It’s loaded with sugar and fat, but yummmm it’s so worth it.

I love that Brooke keeps trying to take off her socks, but to be fair it doesn’t look like she is wearing shoes. She probably just thought that it was a no socks, no shoes kind of afternoon. ;)

Favorite flavor of Gatorade is definitely orange. They had some at my race yesterday, and when I grabbed the cup I was so excited that…I dropped it. Yeah. LOL. That’s embarrassing.

Crystal@TheFastFitRunner March 17, 2013 at 7:41 am

Brooke is just getting sooo big!

Brittney @teaberrytrails March 17, 2013 at 7:51 am

Yesterday the Bebe’s and I gymed it up, went to their gymnastics practice, and then to get some froyo at Sweet Frog’s! Delish! (And that was all by noon thirty haha!) I love me some fried rice (shrimp is my fave, but any will do) and I LOVE the grape gatorade. Funny though, I haven’t had gatorade in what feels like years!
The weather where you’re at looks fantastic! I wish this VA weather would cooperate! We are supposed to get more snow! Booooo!

Candice March 17, 2013 at 8:00 am

Purple is the BEST! I just love her little smile! Melts my heart!
What a fun day!

Sonia the mexigarian March 17, 2013 at 8:47 am

Brooke’s face is priceless. Lol. Love it. Yesterday I hiked 13.1 miles with my friend Yhu for brazen ravings badger cover. Ongoing those hills are insane and I don’t understand how trail runners can actually fun down them. Just woke up and sides of hips and thighs are aching.

I really like fried rice and chow mein.

Have a happy st pattys day!

Sonia the mexigarian March 17, 2013 at 8:53 am

Omg stupid phone typing gets the best Of me. I hope my comment above is somewhat understandable. Have a lovely day!

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom March 17, 2013 at 8:56 am

Three things I did yesterday: Ran, went shopping, and drank a lot of green beer :D I love Sesame Tofu!! It’s really hard to find at Chinese Restaurants! And my favorite flavor of Gatorade is the pink one. Part of the G series

Debbie @ Deb Runs March 17, 2013 at 9:06 am

Three things I did yesterday: ran 15 miles with my friend training for the Paris Marathon, wore compression socks post-run for the first time ever, tried out a brand new place next to my house called The Wining Butcher (love it!)

Favorite Chinese dish: Hunan chicken

Favorite Gatorade flavor: purple

I’m wondering how many people all of that Chinese food was feeding? It all looked delicious!

Katie March 17, 2013 at 9:13 am

I can relate with the menu anxiety. I basically can’t talk to anyone until I’ve ordered because I have to focus. And no orange chicken?! That’s my go-to at Chinese restaurants. Looks like you got a good variety though!

Anjali March 17, 2013 at 9:16 am

My favorite Chinese dish is anything with eggplant in it. I love Stanford shopping center and that bakery has amazing cheese croissants!

Colleen March 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

I love the strawberry powerade-zero! Plain ‘ole terriaki is my favorite type of Chinese food. Yesterday, I taught 3 group ex classes, went to a crawfish boil, and announced some major news to my family, friends, and Internet strangers! http://colleenscreations.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/our-big-news/

Katie March 17, 2013 at 10:08 am

Orange chicken is my favourite chinese dish, hands down. All of that food looks amazing, though!! Yesterday, I went to lunch with my daddio, did some much-needed spring shopping(!!!), and watched old episodes of 24 with my hubby :) It was a great saturday!!

xo

megan d March 17, 2013 at 10:45 am

They would probably have had to clean the display case if I would have been there from all the drool I would produce looking and smelling those heavenly desserts.

I love your sweater! Where is it from? You girls always look so gorgeous.

Kung pao chicken FTW!

Missy March 18, 2013 at 3:05 am

I second this. Where is your sweater from–I love it!

The Hungry Runner Girl March 18, 2013 at 7:13 am

Thank you!!!! It is from banana republic!

Kristina March 17, 2013 at 10:58 am

You and Billy are twins. I love your sweater and Brooke’s mischievous face.

Yesterday I ran a St. Patty’s Day 10K (and PR’d by 5 minutes!), hung out by a friends pool, and had frozen yogurt without any toppings (shocking, I know). It’s been a good weekend so far. Hope you guys enjoy your Sunday :)

Danica @ It's Progression March 17, 2013 at 11:05 am

3 random things I did yesterday:
1. ran an awesome 7-mile training run in a time under my goal (whoo!)
2. had my car towed, after it completely broke down on the road (while driving it), and said goodbye to it because it’s not worth fixing :(
3. went out for dinner my husband and my parents, and that totally (okay, somewhat) made up for the car fiasco. we had fun!

Meagan March 17, 2013 at 11:48 am

Brooke’s michievous face is adorable!

Yesterday I ran a 10K race, ate at a local diner, and then did a level 3 30 day shred workout.

My favorite chinese dish is General Tso’s!

Favorite flavor of gatorade is the blue one (the original blue one, not that light one).

amy March 17, 2013 at 12:02 pm

1. ran five miles
2. car shopping
3. lesson plans

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I love her face in that first picture! She knows that mommy caught her. ;)

Kay March 17, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Mmm, all that Chinese food is making me hungry, I haven’t had it in so long! I love beef with broccoli and Lo mein Mmm

Jenelle March 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I like the purple Gatorade best too!

RainStorm March 17, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Me and my man love those pork buns (char sui bao) – he’s half Malaysian-Chinese so he was brought up on them! Don’t think orange chicken is such a “thing” in the UK – I don’t remember seeing it on the menu. My favourite dish?! I couldn’t choose! We had lunch in Chinatown last weekend and ordered way too much food :)
Yesterday I:
1) arrived late to a ballet class and was rather embarrassed by the teacher :( (class itself was great though)
2) enjoyed a tea and chat with a ballet friend I haven’t seen in ages
3) bought some birthday presents (including father/son Lego as their birthdays are really close together)
Have never tried Gatorade though…

Alicia March 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I was there today too! Have you tried “melt” it’s right up your style of food.

Holly KN March 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Chinese dish (but I’m a Chinese food snob, since I live in Asia now): Fried tofu (NOTHING like any tofu I’ve had in the US – this is creamy, soft, nicely seasoned, perfectly fried, and DELICIOUS) with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, bok choy, fish, and shrimp, all in a tasty brown sauce.

We always eat Chinese food family-style, but I could easily order – and eat – just this one dish, all for myself. Yummmmm………

Kari @ Running Ricig March 18, 2013 at 4:47 am

I used to hate gatorade, but then i started drinking it in races and on long runs, so now I don’t mind it. I still don’t have a favorite flavor, though.

Yesterday, I cleaned the house, read a book, and grocery shopped. I’m wild.

Lissy March 18, 2013 at 6:33 am

My daughter is constantly taking her shoes and socks off! She does this and then puts the socks on her hands, and shoes back on her feet…sneaky girls!

shelly March 18, 2013 at 8:22 am

8 pages and NO orange chicken?!?!? That’s my favorite and what I always get.

Tammy March 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My favorite chinese dish, I like chicken chow mein. I love noodles in general so any noodle dish I love.