Sweats all day= Amazing.

March 16, 2013

Brooke is feeling a lot better but we decided stayed home all day yesterday just in case.   It is amazing how many games I have come up with to play with a 7 month old.

Once Billy got home from school and a run at about 3 we went on a little walk with our favorite snack because walking .2 miles required more glycogen, I almost brought a gel too but decided against it.  For the first time ever… a picture where Brooke isn’t smiling.

Definitely stayed in sweats all day long.  The highlight of our 4 minute stroll was getting a package from Billy’s grandparents.  New awesome sock shoes (socks that look like shoes) and a picture of them so that Brooke wouldn’t forget them.

When we were discussing what to have for dinner I joked that we should have Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Billy’s face lit up when I said that and he happily asked if we could add in hotdogs too (in the bottom of the bowl).  He was so excited and told me he was going to make his special recipe (aka adding a little bit of hot sauce).  It was actually really good.

Another awesome thing we got in the mail…..

Billy’s brother (the one did the 1/2 Ironman while wearing his awesome fanny pack) is getting HITCHED soon.  She is the cutest thing ever and they are so happy together.

—————————————————————–

Anyone running a St. Patrick’s Day race this weekend? What’s your long run?

Do you like Kraft Mac and Cheese?  Did you have it growing up?

What is a meal that you had a lot growing up?

Any other weddings coming up?

Cori @ olivetorun March 16, 2013 at 5:02 am

I loved mac and cheese growing up but I was partial to the shapes and the spirals. I felt like they held cheese better…. am I alone?

Emily @ Maple Miles March 16, 2013 at 5:40 am

I was just about to say the same thing! Spirals all the way! ;)

Becky March 16, 2013 at 7:12 am

I totally agree! I think I’m going to add shapes mac and cheese to my grocery list now!

Leetra@runningmylife March 16, 2013 at 7:25 am

They do! I still think so and they taste better too! The Madagascar ones are delish! My mom used to do the hotdog thing and that was pretty much my favorite but I don’t really like it that was anymore (sorry Billy).

Andria @ Providence Runaway March 16, 2013 at 7:29 am

Spirals for the win!
Though now when I eat Kraft mac and cheese, I always get a sideache the next day when running. Sad times.

Cori @ olivetorun March 16, 2013 at 7:35 am

I’m so glad you all are on my side in the Mac and Cheese debate :D

Laura @ Live, Run, Sparkle March 16, 2013 at 5:06 am

We did a St. Patricks Day run last weekend, it was a lot of fun. I wish I could go out and enjoy the festivities but I have this nasty cold and woke up this morning with no voice. Ugh! I have so much to say at all times…lol.

PS. Billy’s grandparents are the cutest and sometimes i make kraft dinner to reminisce about my childhood..lol do you put ketchup on yours??

Monica L March 16, 2013 at 5:12 am

Aww poor Brooke-that picture in the stroller breaks my heart because she so doesn’t look like she feels good. But the first picture-wow, she is getting tall! Don’t you wish you could just swish her and keep her your baby? I want to do that to my 20 yr old-haha!

Sarah @pickyrunner March 16, 2013 at 5:15 am

Good choice on the cheesy Mac. Favorite meal hands down. I love getting packages from my grandparents. They’re always so quirky and memorable.

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 16, 2013 at 5:19 am

We are velveeta people all the way! Growing up though we lived off grilled cheese and spaghettios! We also add some buffalo sauce into Mac and cheese and its so good :-)

Wendy March 16, 2013 at 5:32 am

L.A. Marathon tomorrow! It’s gonna be HOT (can’t decide if that’s better than the rain we had the last two years).

Jackie March 16, 2013 at 5:33 am

Mac and cheese and hot dogs was my go-to college meal. Usually stuck with Kraft but Stouffers is pretty awesome too. Billy’s bro is getting married on my bday! We have 2 weddings coming up for my husband’s best friends. One over Easter and one in July.

Heidi March 16, 2013 at 5:39 am

I hope Brooke is feeling great today!! I need a sweats all day day today- I am fighting a sinus infection and I think the infection is winning! I have to run 12 miles for my marathon training- going to try to get out the door and see how that goes. After, I plan on putting on sweats and not moving from my couch for the entire day!

I love Kraft Mac & Cheese. I even like it cold, which is gross! ha

Happy Saturday!

Stephanie March 16, 2013 at 5:42 am

My husband puts hot dogs in his Mac n cheese too!! I love Blue Box but he prefers the Velveeta stuff.

Just got my Saturday morning run in and I’m ready to go pick up a laundry basket full of produce because I just joined a co-op! Woo hoo! Have a great day Janae!

Lindsey March 16, 2013 at 5:49 am

Anyone running a St. Patrick’s Day race this weekend? What’s your long run?
-I was going to do a 5k, but I put that money into a half in May. My long run was 14 miles yesterday. Probably too long after running 23 miles last Saturday

Do you like Kraft Mac and Cheese? Did you have it growing up?
-Ehh, not a fan. I like the homemade stuff more.

What is a meal that you had a lot growing up?
-Mexican Casserole! A family favorite. Now I want to make some!

Any other weddings coming up?
My cousin is getting married in August, which I plan on attending. I can count all the weddings I’ve been to on just one hand.

Glad Brooke’s feeling better!

Erica March 16, 2013 at 5:51 am

The first time I had Kraft Mac and cheese I was babysitting and probably 15 years old. I thought it was amazing! I still have the good old kraft mac and cheese from time to time.
We did a lot of baked potato bar growing up. Especially because there was this place, 1 potato 2 that made them for you…….think subway but on a potato. I swear my dad brought that home from work for the fam. once a week.
No organized run, but saw an ad for a 17K on St. Pats and thought it was clever, so I think I will just do my own 17 K this weekend.

Abby @ZestyNerd.blogspot.com March 16, 2013 at 5:53 am

I get major cravings for Kraft Mac & Cheese. As a kid we always ate mac and cheese with steamed broccoli mixed in though.

20 miles in the plan for today… As soon as I can convince myself to stop catching up on the Bachelor and get off the couch!

Nora March 16, 2013 at 5:55 am

Yes! Heading out to do the Get Lucky 7k… And good old Minnesota received more snow and ice last night, so my primary goal is to finish without breaking any bones. It’s also 13, yes 13 degrees, so my cute costume is covered up.

Amanda March 16, 2013 at 6:01 am

We have 3 weddings right now between september and december 2 of which I’m in. It’s going to be a busy few months

Sarah F. March 16, 2013 at 6:10 am

Haha it is so funny how a bowl of Mac and cheese can be so delicious sometimes. We usually just had the store brand growing up, but I usually keep a box or so of mac and cheese in the apt because you never know when a craving will hit. Just the other night my husband and I busted one out like you guys and it really hit the spot!

I am hoping to run 12 miles today – I want to run a half sometime this summer! First, I get to pick up my beautiful bountiful basket of produce! I hope you have a great day!

Brooke @ Running in Heels March 16, 2013 at 6:11 am

Mac and cheese with hotdogs is amazing!! It was a college staple haha

Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 16, 2013 at 6:15 am

Glad to hear that Brooke is feeling better! And hey, there’s nothing better than having an excuse to stay in sweats all day :D Except maybe Mac and Cheese… I was a HUGE fan of the stuff when I was growing up, and at times it was seriously the only thing that my picky little self would eat. Sometimes I’d open up two boxes just so I could steal the cheese packet from the other one and have it extra cheesy :mrgreen:

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 16, 2013 at 6:24 am

My husband absolutely loves Kraft Mac & Cheese, but he recently read an article about how it causes cancer, so now he refuses to eat it. Although I get where he’s coming from, I feel like EVERYTHING supposedly causes cancer these days!! My philosophy is ‘everything in moderation.’ But he’s being stubborn! ;)

Dani @ Run Daniella Run March 16, 2013 at 6:27 am

My girl love Kraft Mac and Cheese, it is their favorite meal, lol! I’ll have to tell Jess about the adding hot sauce, he’ll probably like that. I am running in a local 10k tomorrow and I am super excited!!! We got snow last night…but hopefully with enough plowing and salt all of the runners will be good to go. I did my long run yesterday (13 TM miles) and am loving your advice on doing a long run on Fridays vs. Saturdays. I always felt Saturday HAD to be my long day run but since moving it to Fridays I feel less stress and mommy guilt. We have all of Saturday together as a family, it is pretty awesome :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl March 16, 2013 at 6:31 am

Kraft Mac and Cheese was a major favorite growing up! Brooke looks adorable whether she smiles or not. Yay that she’s feeling better!

Laura @ RunningJunkie123 March 16, 2013 at 6:50 am

My twin sister is running a marathon today!! Good vibes for her!!

I love all wheat thins but especially those buffalo ones and the zesty salsa:-)

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run March 16, 2013 at 6:55 am

Love Kraft Mac and Cheese! I actually had it for lunch yesterday! haha Totally had it all growing up. My parents have a date night every Friday and that’s what we would make for dinner while they were gone. Probably the only thing they trusted us with haha But it’s gotta be Kraft. I got Western Family once trying to save money and it’s just not the same. It’s work the extra 14 cents.

Tammy March 16, 2013 at 6:57 am

I’m running the Seattle St. Pats Dash, sponsored by your favorite Brooks. I’ll be with my hubby and it is 3.62 miles. It’s my 2nd race and I’m excited. Lots of friends going and we all are getting dressed up in green.

Kraft mac and cheese is good. My kids love it. Childhood fave is my moms homemade tortillas.

Kayla @ Fit Life Forward March 16, 2013 at 6:58 am

Growing up I ate Mac ‘n’ Cheese with hot dogs in it all the time. Might’ve topped it with a little ketchup. Aah the good ol’ days.

I am in two weddings this summer and one I am the maid of honor! So I will be busy busy with that!

Holly KN March 16, 2013 at 6:59 am

We got to have Kraft when my parents went out on date night (it was an easy meal for the babysitter to make). It’s still a guilty pleasure of mine.

In fact, my Mom tried several times to make us “real” mac & cheese when we were kids, buy my sister & I wanted none of it. We’re cheese snobs in most situations, but mac & cheese calls for powdered cheese from a box, please!

My sis is getting married in June. WHEEEEEEEE! :)

Carolyn March 16, 2013 at 7:02 am

Omg. My husband introduced me to mac and cheese with hotdogs in it. I grew up on eating it normal. We like the noodles on the al dente side.

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 16, 2013 at 7:13 am

I think just about every kid has Kraft Dinner at some point. I ate a lot of it when I was in university. It was cheap and easy to make. Now I’ll have it once or twice a year and that’s enough for me.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom March 16, 2013 at 7:19 am

I HATE Kraft macaroni and cheese but I love homemade mac and cheese. I think it was just because we would have it at least once a week growing up because Mom worked nights and when she didn’t prepare something ahead of time, that was all dad was comfortable making. My long run was supposed to be 10 miles today but my IT band started hurting 2 miles in, so I came home and did yoga and ice instead. Unfortunate, but I’d rather be safe than sorry!

Steph March 16, 2013 at 7:20 am

We had a lot of spaghetti/pasta growing up. We’re Italian, so that’s just how it was. In fact, I rarely eat spaghetti now because I ate it so much when I lived at home! My siblings could eat it every day of their lives and never get tired of it.

Jessica R @ fromthekitchentotheroad March 16, 2013 at 7:43 am

We just got through wedding season in our families. I don’t know of another one… yet. My long run was 20 miles yesterday. I did it without dying which is always a plus.

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles March 16, 2013 at 7:53 am

I don’t eat mac n cheese. But we had american chop suey a lot. No races this weekend and trying to motivate myself out for 5 miles as I type this.
We DO have a wedding in May. At Disney! So excited.

The Kidless Kronicles

Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian March 16, 2013 at 7:55 am

I have always loved Kraft mac and cheese. I still have it every now and then when the craving hits (that and Velveeta). I hope Brooke feels better soon!

Sarah @ OurPersonalRecords March 16, 2013 at 8:02 am

I absolutely LOVE Kraft Mac & Cheese! I did used to eat it a lot when I was a kid and I must confess I also ate a lot of Easy Mac in college haha. But it’s delicious so it is always worth it!

Stephanie March 16, 2013 at 8:10 am

I almost signed up for a half today back in January…but knowing Minnesota weather I decided to sign up for a warmer one lol!

And this is super random but I thought some of these “you know you’re a runner when..” were great!

Therese March 16, 2013 at 8:27 am

I love mac and cheese and craft is the best. I like to put more cheese on top and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Then I broil it until it’s brown and bubbly. OMG my mom made this for me and I want some NOW!!

Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns March 16, 2013 at 8:53 am

Hopefully going for a 13 miler!! If not, then 10 it is :) I remember having breakfast for dinner when I was little, always the best!! No weddings for me, wish I had one though!!

Sarah March 16, 2013 at 9:03 am

I love mac and cheese, but haven’t had it in forever. My brother in law is getting married in August and my husband is the best man. I’m excited.

Sharisse March 16, 2013 at 9:16 am

I ate a ton of Totino’s pizzas and pizza rolls growing up!

Kim March 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

Well darn. There goes my plan to marry Billy’s brother and become your BFF. Shoot.I should’ve moved faster… :)

PS Brooke is not smiling in that photo because that bag of food is nowhere near her. She takes after her mother!

Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 16, 2013 at 9:24 am

A non-smiling Brooke? That’s impossible. I loved mac and cheese as a kid, but ONLY if they were shaped like spirals or characters. The noodles didn’t taste the same!

michelle kim March 16, 2013 at 9:40 am

Wooo! Congrats to your brother-in-law!
And I was in sweats all day yesterday, too. ;) It’s kind of a wonderful way to spend a Friday (or Saturday, Sunday… or any day, haha).

Katie March 16, 2013 at 9:41 am

Awww yay for weddings! And Brooke looks like a little baby model all the time, smile or no smile!! I loooove Kraft mac and cheese. The blue box is the only way to go ;)

xo

Katherine March 16, 2013 at 9:41 am
Victoria March 16, 2013 at 9:59 am

At first, I read the title of this post as “Sweets All Day” and thought it would be about candy. I’m a little sad that it wasn’t.

Amy March 16, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Me too!

Logan @ Mountains and Miles March 16, 2013 at 10:09 am

I like spirals and shapes! We usually mix in some tuna and peas with ours.

I ran the DC Rock and Roll Half today and got a new PR!!!

Anjali March 16, 2013 at 10:11 am

I loved kraft mac n cheese growing up! Wearing sweats all day are the best days :)

Natalie @ Twenty-Something Talk March 16, 2013 at 10:16 am

Kraft mac&cheese is my favorite staple/comfort food! Always delicious! My long run was eight miles this morning in the gorgeous weather we’ve been having lately.

My best friend just got engaged so my life is full of weddings these days! SO fun!

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy March 16, 2013 at 10:40 am

I just got back from the St. Louis St. Patrick’s Day 5 Miler! It was a lot of fun and there were over 9000 people there. I’m happy with my time but I have far to go. I ended up with a 10 minute pace.
I also put hot sauce on my mac and cheese! I put hot sauce on everything but ESP mac and cheese.

Jen March 16, 2013 at 11:21 am

I did my first 10k!!! I am weird, I have done 5k’s and marathons but no 10k’s and I have my first 1/2 marathon in June :). My goal was under 42 and I did it in 41:47…yay! It was really windy so then I got to thinking how much better I could have done if it wasn’t so windy. Doesn’t matter I got my goal! Yes I liked kraft mac n cheese and I really like it now because it is easy and I don’t like cooking :). I had spagetti a lot as a kid :)

Kelly - IRUNLIKEAGIRL March 16, 2013 at 11:25 am

I ate a lot of elios square pizza growing up. And toaster strudels– ever had those? I just loved the icing packet that came with them.. Nothing like a straight shot of sugar to start your day. Racing the emerald 12k tomorrow!

Debbie @ Deb Runs March 16, 2013 at 11:39 am

Brooke is clearly mad at you in that photo because you’re holding the crackers too far away from her. She knows she can’t reach that far and steal one! :-)

I ran 15 miles with my friend today (she ran 5 before I joined her). It’s her last long run before she runs the Paris Marathon! Pretty cool, huh? It was my longest run since my injury in January 2012!

Chelsea March 16, 2013 at 12:42 pm

My husband swears by the mac and cheese velveeta shells, but as far as I’m concerned, its orange powdery cheese-flavored chemicals for the win!

Brittney @teaberrytrails March 16, 2013 at 12:55 pm

LOVE Kraft mac and cheese! Especially with hotdogs in the bottom of the bowl. MMmm good! No race for me this weekend, just a super long run =)

mary @ minutes per mile March 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm

love kraft mac n cheese, but do have to say velveeeta shells and cheese are better!

my own wedding is coming up! :)

Kari @ Running Ricig March 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I LOVE Kraft! You really can’t go wrong.

I’m not running a St. Patty’s day race, but I’ll be going for a run. That counts for something.

Megan March 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I used to love Kraft Mac, but now I eat Annie’s Mac. Not a fan of hotdogs, but add broccoli and cut up ham. YUM!
No races for me, but will run on my own in green and shamrock socks!!
I love the sweats you have on! They look super comfy.

Kay March 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I love adding broccoli to Mac n cheese, which is about as healthy as I get with it, haha. Happy St. Patrick’s day weekend!

Art @ Fit at Fifty March 16, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I ran 13.6 miles today. Next week is half and then 4/6 is a full marathon.

Linda @running4two March 16, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I love Kraft Mac and Cheese but I try not to make it very often because I like to eat the whole box!

My friend’s wedding is next month :) and it will be our first night away from our baby girl :(.

Danielle March 16, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Last weekend my 4 yr. old, 6 yr. old, my husband and I ran in the Lucky Leprechaun Green Mile. It was the first time we all ran together. It was a blast! We all dressed up and my four yr. old. came in first place in the costume contest!

Brynne March 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm

When I first read the title of this post I thought someone was HAVING the sweats all day instead of wearing them all day – not a nice thought I know, of course you wouldn’t write a post about that! Haha

I ran my first 20 miler today! It went really well, but the loop I picked was a quite hilly so I’m even more exhausted than I needed to be.

Caitlin March 16, 2013 at 2:52 pm

My wedding is coming up! May 4th (NOT freaking out at all…:/)

Chelsea March 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Mary – you and my husband both! Congrats on the upcoming wedding – hope its amazing (I’m sure it will be!)

Amy N. March 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I ran a St. Paddy’s day race this morning!

I loved Craft M&C growing up, I can’t stand it now.

Zoe March 16, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Hi Janae!! I love mac and cheese, my favorite college student meal is cheap Back to Nature whole wheat mac and cheese, frozen peas and/or broccoli, and canned tuna all mixed together with some extra milk and parmesan! it is so good and covers a lot of food groups except for frosting haha!

i went on a great 8-miler the other day but i got some random aches and pains in my feet and 1 ankle so i’m taking a few days off and going to a running store to check out some different shoes. cross your fingers it’s fixed with some better sneaks!

Teresa@The Chronicles of a {Not So} Supermom March 16, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I love Mac and cheese! To get my almost 2 year old daughter to eat more veggies, I put broccoli in it and we call it cheese and trees:)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 16, 2013 at 3:51 pm

omg Kraft Mac & Cheese is the best!!!! And I only have 2 weddings coming up in June, my cousin and my best friend from college!

Melissa K. March 16, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Yes! I just ran my first FULL marathon today! Rock N Roll DC marathon… It was amazing, couldnt have asked for better weather :)

Holly March 16, 2013 at 5:05 pm

GIRL…that is my favorite food – Kraft Mac & cheese..the blue box. Love it :)
I’m SO glad Brooke is feeling better. I hope it continues.
Thinking of you both :D XO

Katie March 16, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Kraft mac ‘n’ cheese is the. best. dinner, especially the shapes. We may or may not have had them last night…

Laura @ beanstalk March 16, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Kraft mac & cheese spirals are the bomb! I also love Velveeta shells. There’s just something about noodles & cheese. Yummm.

Candice March 16, 2013 at 8:05 pm

oh, I stayed in my spandex all day…. like everyday.
nothing new. haha!
Ill go put on sweats now. and maybe shower and even wash my hair. ;)
Don’t love mac and cheese.. i’m kind of one of those weird people

Maria Zimmerman March 16, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I am running a local half marathon for st. Pattys day. Its called the Hooley to Hooley’s half marathon because thats the name of the irish pub we have to run to and back. Haha I tried to buy a green shirt to be festive but I ended up buying some cute green shorts to wear but it turned out that they were underwear and turn dark when they soak up sweat. Soooo yeah I’ll be wearing pink haha.

Runningwithscissors March 17, 2013 at 3:27 am

Kraft Mac and cheese with just a little bit of ketchup. Yummy!
I ran A 5k yesterday. Really really don’t like 5k’s but my husband was busy at a conference(I’m out of town with him) so decided to run it. Nice race ,great swag but just an eh race time. It was so slippery,especially the last .5 mile, which was also downhill.
Glad Brooke is feeling better!! She’s still a cutie patootie even when she’s not smiling.

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 17, 2013 at 4:54 am

Mac and cheese is hands down my favorite food. Kraft mac and cheese instantly makes me remember being a kid and loving it. My wedding up next March :) :) SO EXCITED!!!!

Roxanne March 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I used to make that for my sister when she was little. Mac and cheese and hot dogs please!

Shannon March 17, 2013 at 4:28 pm

JANAE! It’s been forever! You probably don’t even remember me! Haha.

So no racing for me recently =( I’ve been building my mileage back up…. I’ve done a whole 4 miles =( It’s irritating when that has me exhausted!

At this daycare where I used to help out we always made mac n’ cheese and peas and hotdogs. But the thought of hot dogs makes me cringe!

Aaaand, my sister is getting married August 31… and I’m dating someone.

Naomi March 17, 2013 at 7:52 pm

My wedding! August 17! Woohoo!! :)

Kristin March 18, 2013 at 4:10 am

kraft mac ‘n’ cheese w/ hot dogs can’t be beat! although i go hot sauce and ketchup.

Tammy March 19, 2013 at 2:17 pm