I need to introduce you to someone…

March 15, 2013

We (I) had a 4 course meal last night:

Brooke got so excited when I told her we were having chips and guac for an appetizer…. when she waves her hand really fast that means she is super excited.

Her guac was a little different than ours though.  I don’t know if I have ever talked about my Magic Bullet on the blog before but I feel like now is a good time to introduce you to her.  I have had this little blender for 5 years now and it still works like a dream.  Most of Brooke’s meals are made by the Magic Bullet.

The chips and guac were actually the second course and the corn bread was my first course of the meal.  Billy didn’t get home until late last night so as I was cooking I had at least 30 slivers of cornbread because the knife was already there and so it would have been wasteful if I didn’t use it to keep cutting pieces for myself. Yeah, I know that didn’t make any sense.

We had taco salads with a tortilla, spinach, beans, cheese, guac, salsa, shredded beef, chips and cantaloupe on the side.

Quick public service announcement to all runners:  Use your foam roller.  It hurts but it is good for you.  I have been spending a lot of time with it lately.

The final course of the night were these dried fruit bars.  Raspberry > strawberry but both = amazing.

As a teacher I remember loving Fridays with every ounce of my being.  Even though I loved my job, I really looked forward to Fridays because that meant it was the beginning of the beautiful weekend (plus it was early out day).  So happy Friday to all you working people and I love the weekends now because that means we have time with Billy to go on adventures.

What kind of blender do you use?  Any other Magic Bullet users?

Favorite kind of dried fruit?

Do you have a foam roller?  How often do you use it?

Favorite day of the entire week?

Megan March 15, 2013 at 5:02 am

Yum to that big ole meal! My roommate has a ninja I use! It is amazing!! She is moving out though so I’m going to need to find a replacement ASAP!!

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes March 15, 2013 at 5:04 am

4 course meals are the best! Happy Friday to you too!!! I am in love with my foam roller… it’s like a second child haha. My favorite day of the week is Saturday!!!

Amy March 15, 2013 at 5:04 am

I just got a foam roller and omg it does hurt. I am using it twice a day but was curious how long I should be doing it. I do 5 rolls. What do you do?

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:49 am

I usually spend about 10 minutes on it twice a day! What do you mean by 5 rolls?

Linda @running4two March 15, 2013 at 5:08 am

I have a blender and a food processor and I think I will finally use the food processor for making baby food. My favorite day of the week is every day now that I am on maternity leave, but when I go back to work I will heart Fridays again. Fridays are great because you know that you still have the whole weekend ahead. Sunday evenings are not so good for me :(.

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats March 15, 2013 at 5:08 am

I love any day that I don’t have to wake up to an alarm lol but Fridays always make me so excited. I’ve never used a foam roller but have been tempted with the idea. I’m also waiting for my crumby blender to finally die so I have a reason to get a magic bullet. They are amazing!

Laura @ Live, Run, Sparkle March 15, 2013 at 5:11 am

I just happened to use my foam roller this morning, great minds think alike!

Ps that cornbread looks incredible

Heather @ Run Like a G! March 15, 2013 at 5:16 am

I do not have a foam roller but I should look into one!!
Happy Friday!! :)

Amy @ Writing While Running March 15, 2013 at 5:17 am

I love my Cuisinart food processor. That thing can do just about anything!

Foam rolling is so good for the legs. I just discovered I can use it to crack my back and I love it!

aine lunney @ainesadventuresabroad March 15, 2013 at 5:19 am

I got a blender that connects to a mixer as part of my birthday its a kenwood and amazing :)

Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords March 15, 2013 at 5:20 am

I use a Vitamix, and will never use a different blender. It’s incredible. It completly pulverizes frozen fruits to make the most amazing smoothies. I love dried strawberries! I have a foam roller, but don’t always use it — something I need to work on. Fridays are my absolute favorite day of the week!!

Sue March 15, 2013 at 5:20 am

I think Friday is my “favorite” day of the week. I get to leave work early and I have the whole weekend ahead of me. That cornbread looks delicious. Which recipe to you use? I’ve tried some recipes and the cornbread turns out really dry. Thanks and have a great weekend. I just use a regular blender but I keep looking the Magic Bullet and wonder if it’s worth the money.

Sue

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:47 am

HEY SUE!! I used this recipe for the cornbread:

Art@Fit at Fifty March 15, 2013 at 5:22 am

We have a magic bullett and we also have a Vita Mix, which we love.
Art

Stephanie March 15, 2013 at 5:22 am

Max (8 mos) loves bananacado. Is that what Brooke has?

We are using the Baby Purees book and a big food processor (5 kids here so all our meals are super sized!)

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:48 am

I need to try bananacado!! I bet she would love that. FIVE KIDS… you are amazing and I love the name Max!

kim@hungryhealthygirl March 15, 2013 at 5:23 am

I bought some of that dried fruit last time I was at TJ’s, but have yet to try it. I have a cuisinart blender right now, but I really want a vitamix {who doesn’t?}!

Lindsay I March 15, 2013 at 5:25 am

My favs are dried strawberries and dried pears. yum. I do not use my foam roller enough! I keep telling myself when I’m out on my run to go home and roll but once I get home…my mind goes on to other things. My favorite day is Saturday since that’s my friday!

Andrea @ mainerunnergirl March 15, 2013 at 5:26 am

I love TJ’s dried mango! I love Saturday because I don’t have really any responsibilities that day :)

Kait (@runKaitrun) March 15, 2013 at 5:26 am

ever since my IT band injury woes, I foam roll religiously! I both hate it and love it!

my favorite dried fruit is hands down apricots! Happy Friday!

Holly March 15, 2013 at 5:30 am

Even though I am texting you right now, I felt like I needed to comment too :D So, guess who is going to try avocados this weekend??? G! I can’t wait- I know Brooke loved avocados when she tried them initially, so I hope the same is true for G.
I hope you guys have a fun weekend!! Looking forward to seeing your adventures!!

Katie @ msfitrunner March 15, 2013 at 5:32 am

I’ve had a magic bullet for like 7 years – love it! I use it all the time. I love dried pineapple and dried mangos, so delish.
Even though I don’t work, I love fridays – even more now that two of my kids are in school because I get a break from packing lunches and doing homework and all that and the weekends are just nice!
Have a great weekend!!

Kattrina March 15, 2013 at 5:39 am

Yum, I love corn bead for some reason. I have this brownie pan that makes itty-bitty brownies (like 1×1 inch) and I love to make corn bread bites in it. For some reason it makes them extra yummy.

I don’t have a magic bullet (is it me or does that sound like an adult bedroom toy – sorry, that is probably totally inappropriate but I can’t stop myself), but I do have a BabyCook. It is awesome. It’s super expensive but I got it from my sister so I didn’t have to buy it. It steams and blends the food in the same contraption. It is awesome. I haven’t used it for Evan yet because I haven’t started him on solid foods yet, but I used it when I lived with my sister and she was feeding her baby. I keep thinking I am going to start solids with Evan (he’s over six months) but I find the entire process so intimidating – how much does he eat, how often does he eat, do I decrease nursing time?????

I do not foam roll at all. I feel like the foam roller takes a lot of coordination and I am afraid I’d fall on my face. And my arms are so weak how in the world would I hold my body up while trying to roll. So complicated.

I don’t know what my favorite day of the week is. I like Fridays because I work from home so I get to avoid my 2+ hour commute – and it’s the start of the weekend. However, now I find the weekends kinda stressful too because I have to spend so much time preparing for the week (laundry, errands, cooking, cleaning, etc.). I think maybe I like Sundays because we have church and brunch in the morning (kind of relaxing) and then I spend the afternoon cooking for the week and I like to cook. It’s bittersweet though because the next day is Monday.

Have a fabulous Friday and a weekend full of family adventures!

Sarah @ OurPersonalRecords March 15, 2013 at 5:41 am

I have a Magic Bullet but still can’t figure out how to use it! I think this weekend I may have to dedicate some time to learning the art of the Magic Bullet.

I usually only foam roll after my longer runs but I really need to be better about doing it every day!

Thursdays are my favorite!! (Maybe that’s because “The Office” is on on Thursday and the next day is Friday :-) )

Laura March 15, 2013 at 5:44 am

If you don’t have one already, you need to invest in a Vitamix. It is a life-changer in the food department!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 15, 2013 at 5:45 am

I love my little Magic Bullet. I have a big fancy Vitamix too, but more often than not I find myself turning to the Bullet because it’s just way more handy and does a pretty good job. And Happy Friday, girlie! Fridays have always been my favorite day of the week as well because the weekend is just starting and it’s nice to finally get all that work and stress over and done with.

Sarah @PickyRunner March 15, 2013 at 5:46 am

I like Friday and Saturdays obviously they’re weekend days! I so need a foam roller right now. My legs are feeling it big timeeeee!

Caitlin March 15, 2013 at 5:47 am

We have a Ninja. It was one of those purchases I really wanted but worried once I got over my smoothie kick I’d never use it again- I use my blender probably more than any other appliance! And love it.

Dried mango is probably my fav dried fruit, but I love it all!

I foam roll once daily, but should be doing it twice/day. Too lazy.

Kari @ Running Ricig March 15, 2013 at 5:49 am

We have a big kitchenaid blender, but I don’t really use it very often.

We used to have short days on Wednesdays when I was in school in Tennessee, then we moved to CT and they don’t have them. It was awful!

Nora March 15, 2013 at 5:50 am

I LOVE my magic bullet. I use it all of the time. Fresh ground coffee? Coming up. Protein smoothie? Sure thing.

What foods do you make for Brooke with the bullet?

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy March 15, 2013 at 5:50 am

I need a foam roller bed! Maybe a book or video or something to show me how to use it as well? You guys are scaring me with how much you say it hurts though!
I have a magic bullet, it’s perfect for little things but at my family grew I traded it in for a ninja food processor and OMG it’s amazing! I use it almost every day.

Mary @ minutes per mile March 15, 2013 at 5:52 am

I live dried bananas and dried pineapple! Though craisins are number one for putting in a salad so those hold a special ace in my heart too,

Debbie @ Deb Runs March 15, 2013 at 5:52 am

I love my foam roller; and I’m starting to use it for core exercises, not just for rolling!

Nikki @ run+breathe+be March 15, 2013 at 5:52 am

My favorite day is Friday because I currently don’t work on Fridays! I call it “self-care day.”

Emily @ Maple Miles March 15, 2013 at 5:53 am

I love my foam roller!!! I always use it after long runs. I am a teacher so I loveeee Fridays!!!

Allison @ Train Eat Repeat March 15, 2013 at 6:00 am

omg love cornbread!
I have a foam roller and a tiger tail, both amazing!!

Heather @ Run Eat Play March 15, 2013 at 6:02 am

I always cut myself little slivers of brownies…over and over. Beacause the little pieces don’t count, right?

I have a foam roller, but I don’t use it nearly as much as I should. Maybe I’ll pull it out today.

My favorite day of the week is Saturday :)

Heidi March 15, 2013 at 6:06 am

I agree- I LOVE my magic bullet!!

I have a good cornbread recipe: Combine one can of cream corn with one box of cornbread mix. Mix it up and bake at 350 for 20 min. It is so moist and delicious- Seriously, so good!! :)

I love dried cranberries!

Saturday is my favorite day of the week!:)

Emily N March 15, 2013 at 6:10 am

I love those dried fruit bars. They are awesome.
Glad to see your BFF the bullet. I have a vitamix, but am still thinking I might get a bullet for baby meals!

Brooke @ Running In Heels March 15, 2013 at 6:13 am

I use and LOVE my magic bullet!! You can even use it to grate cheese!

nerri @LaPetiteRunner March 15, 2013 at 6:18 am

I have been using my $15 Oster blender for the past 5 years or so and it has done really well but it’s definitely struggling lately! I’ve been looking for a replacement (I absolutely cannot live without a blender) and I’m trying to decide if I can afford the Vitamix or if I should go with the Ninja :)

Favorite dried fruit is pineapple/mango!

I use a PVC pipe instead of a foam roller – talk about painful! But it does the trick!

And my favorite day of the week is also Friday. Yay – happy Friday!

Heidi March 18, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I have a ninja, but I wish I’d splurged and gone with the Vitamix. Save yourself the heartache and go big! :)

nerri @LaPetiteRunner March 18, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I think I’m going to have to! :)

Natalie @ Free Range Human March 15, 2013 at 6:20 am

Fridays are definitely my favorite day of the week. There’s just so much possibility!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles March 15, 2013 at 6:22 am

I bought a Ninja because it was rated the best and I found it at Sam’s. But I have never actually used it.
I am not actually a fan of dried fruit unless it is in cookies.
I do have a foam roller and I use it at least once a week.
Favorite day in Sunday! It is my only rest day and they seem to last forever.

The Kidless Kronicles

Holly KN March 15, 2013 at 6:32 am

I have an immersion blender, to which I have a slightly unhealthy addiction. It wouldn’t work for baby food, but it purees soups like a dream and take up about 8 cubic inches of space. LOVE.

I’m boring: raisins.

Until this very afternoon, I’ve been spending lots of quality time on the foam roller at the gym. I finally splurged and bought one for myself. This will also let me share actually quality photos of my foam rolling technique, rather than than the sketchy crooked weird ones I try to take of myself while at the gym, without looking like I’m taking pictures of OTHER people. I don’t want the reputation of being a gym creeper…

Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian March 15, 2013 at 6:35 am

I am actually very excited that it’s Friday. Of course, as I write this it’s only 9:30 so I still have a full work day to get through, but then it’s the weekend! I’ve heard lots of good things about the magic bullet. Never tried it out before, but it might be a good addition to the kitchen.

Lauren March 15, 2013 at 6:38 am

Eeep! I know we are all guilty of taking slivers but cornbread is one of my downfalls. I haven’t had a GOOD cornbread in SO long. I need to get some now. My favorite dried fruit is either papaya or mango slices. And I love Saturdays because you get to sleep in + snuggle and eat ice cream and watch movies at night!

I still haven’t built a relationship with my foam roller. We are not very happy with each other.

Ashley March 15, 2013 at 6:51 am

I use my food processor for all my blending needs, but I would love to have a magic bullet for smoothies because the food processor is SO LOUD and I feel cruel using it too early in the a.m. (it would seriously wake the neighbors!).

I desperately need a foam roller too! It’s a purchase I’ll be making very very soon.

Laura @ beanstalk March 15, 2013 at 6:53 am

I love dried mango & banana chips. Mmm.

I have a foam roller but I don’t use it consistently. I should take a tip from you & do it more!

Fridays are no longer that special to me because nurses work weekends… Boo for working weekends!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 15, 2013 at 6:55 am

I love using my Magic Bullet! The only down size is that it’s small.

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast March 15, 2013 at 6:58 am

Great reminder for foam rolling! I have the rumble roller, which has little divets in it and feels more like a massage, I really like it! It still hurts, but it’s a bit more enjoyable. :) Have a great weekend!

Christina @ The Tiny Runner March 15, 2013 at 7:01 am

I try to use my foam roller after hard running workouts. It is so PAINFUL! I don’t last that long on it usually!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 15, 2013 at 7:01 am

I love corn bread and guacamole!!! I need to foam roll more often, I should learn from previous injuries that its important but I get so lazy lol

Amanda March 15, 2013 at 7:05 am

We have a ninja, and it’s pretty great.

Also a foam roller = runner’s best friend. It hurts so good!

Sarah March 15, 2013 at 7:14 am

I need a foam roller. Bad. Mama has achy muscles. :(

Sarah

Wendy @ New Moms Talk March 15, 2013 at 7:16 am

We lived on those Trader Joe’s strawberry bars when we drove to Texas for BSLT 70.3 and on our move to Utah last summer.

I didn’t realize how much I missed them til you posted that picture. Thankfully we’re making a TJ’s run to SLC in the next week.

I might have to get a few extra for the hub’s Easter basket or “hint hint” at him to do the same for mine! :-)

Irene March 15, 2013 at 7:23 am

Is Brooke feeling better? Such a sweet baby – you can’t tell from the pictures that she is sick at all!

I had a smoothie this morning from my regular blender. I think a magic bullet would not be large enough for my smoothies:) It was epic: banana, strawberries, a few frozen cherries, vanilla, almond butter (just a little) milk and greek yogurt. Mmmm….I want another.
I love Crasins, but I think they are actually more added sugar than fruit:)

Sharsti@theblondehairblueeyedrunner March 15, 2013 at 7:26 am

I used a magic bullet for all of J’s food too. It was the best! Unfortunately it died shortly after=(

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More March 15, 2013 at 7:27 am

I have a regular blender and I just got a Magic Bullet for Christmas. Love!

Pineapple and mango are my kind of dried fruit. Oh and bananas!

I foam roller maybe once a week. Fail. Or when something feels really tight.

Favorite day of the entire week is today because I go in late and get off early! Then I can hit the trails this afternoon in the warm sunshine we were promised today!!!

Jessica March 15, 2013 at 7:33 am

I’ve had a Magic Bullet for about a year and have only used it once. I need to get some recipes so I can take full advantage of it!

I don’t have a foam roller, but I’ve seriously been considering getting one. I think it will help my recovery immensely, and keep injuries at bay.

I’m pretty sure Saturday is the best day of the week!

Katie M. March 15, 2013 at 7:46 am

I love love love my Magic Bullet! I bought it at Costco about a month ago and use it daily, sometimes more than once per day.

cori @olivetorun March 15, 2013 at 7:50 am

I use my magic bullet for EVERYTHING blender related. It just works so well and fast! Every morning after I workout it’s put to work making me a delicious protein shake!

Kayla @ Fit Life Forward March 15, 2013 at 8:01 am

Hooray for Friday – I have parent conferences today then its the weekend and a 15k race! I have a blender similar to the magic bullet and love it for breakfast smoothies!

Colleen March 15, 2013 at 8:11 am

I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. You were my inspiration behind purchasing one, though! Confession…I have 3 Ninja blenders. It’s an amazing brand and I bought them all during Black Friday sales. I love Friday!!

Alyssa @ See This Girl Run March 15, 2013 at 8:14 am

I love dried mangoes! Which is weird because I don’t like normal mangoes.
My roommate has a magic bullet and I think I need to buy one really soon. Also, I need a foam roller. So much to buy, so little money :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 15, 2013 at 8:18 am

I have a magic bullet and love it! I even got a Vitamix for Christmas and STILL use my magic bullet instead sometimes!

Teresa @fitnwoodbine.blogspot.com March 15, 2013 at 8:27 am

Love my Ninja! I try to foam roll after my longer runs.

Blaire @ Just Been Running March 15, 2013 at 8:34 am

I use my foam roller, but honestly I use “the stick” more. I feel like I can get a better massage (??) with it and I can be more exact with the location …haha if that makes any sense at all!

I love Fridays :) And Saturdays of course!

Amy N. March 15, 2013 at 8:35 am

I use my magic bullet all the time too. Seriously amazing.

I use my foam roller nightly these days. I have serious love hate relationship with it. I love it, but it seems to hate me.

Kelly - IRUNLIKEAGIRL March 15, 2013 at 9:16 am

Agreed, foam roller fanatic over here…hurts so good! Hope your IT band stops being angry soon.

Miranda @ Miranda Runs March 15, 2013 at 9:23 am

Haha! I do the same thing when there’s cornbread taunting me on the counter. I just need to keep cutting slices! ;)

Sonia the Mexigarian March 15, 2013 at 9:33 am

I have the Grid foam roller. I must love pain because I go back to it time and time again. If I’m just not in the mood for it, I use my Stick. Favroite dried fruit, figs (as well as fresh) and cranberries. I love Saturdays and I LOVE my Vitamix. I would marry it if I could.

Hope your IT band heals up soon :( You’re doing great in keeping on top of it and resting your injury.

Stephanie March 15, 2013 at 9:37 am

I have the Baby Bullet and love it!! It purees Anna’s food so nicely.

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:46 am

I want the baby bullet so bad!

Sarah March 15, 2013 at 9:40 am

Yum, that taco salad looks so good! I have been on a Mexican kick for like a month now… I could just drink guac by the gallon and not be the least bit ashamed about it.

My mom has the magic bullet too, and bought one for my husband a couple years ago. It’s so awesome! Favorite dried fruit would have to be apricots. :)

Traci March 15, 2013 at 9:47 am

I absolutely love the Magic Bullet!! It’s so easy to clean & it’s the perfect size!

Grecia March 15, 2013 at 9:47 am

I was foam rolling as I read your post:) I don’t do it egularly but I figured it was a good idea after my long run.

Kelsey @ Fueling Strong March 15, 2013 at 9:52 am

Have you ever heard of the Therawheel? It’s like a foam roller but more intense. I know sounds painful,but it’s amazing!! I use it a lot on my IT band and piraformis after runs. It’s one of those hurts so good products! http://therawheel.com/purchase/?a_aid=3673

Kelly H March 15, 2013 at 10:14 am

New to your blog – love it! I am a new-ish runner. I started running about 2 years ago, have since run two half marathons but now decided I”m more of a 10k gal and stick to that kind of mileage. Any run over about 6-7 miles makes me cranky. And I’m too old to do workouts that make me cranky!

Anyway, I know nothing of this foam roller??? Why would a runner want to use it? When do you use it? Can you demonstrate how you use it??

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:46 am

HEY KELLY!!! Thank you so much for commenting. Congrats on all that you have done since you started running. The foam roller is awesome because it helps to break up scar tissue and gives you a deep tissue massage which speeds up your recovery!

Here is an awesome article about how to use it! I will have to make a video and post it too:)

Kelly H March 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

Thanks! I’ll check the article out and look forward to a demonstration video too.

And keep the “what I’m eating” posts coming! You’re inspiring me to change up my eating. In the last 2 years I’ve also lost 93 lbs on Weight Watchers, and the running of course, and I’m always looking for new things to eat and snack on. Your twice daily updates give me lots to ponder – and we both have the same obsession with Trader Joe’s so that’s an added bonus as well!

Keep on providing the greatness!

Chelsea March 15, 2013 at 10:31 am

Every time we walk by the Vitamix in Costco, I just kind of reach out of it and want to cradle it to me… I have a foam roller (that is also purple) that I don’t use nearly often enough. But I want to get one of those textrued foam rollers that’s supposed to target the muscles more? Either way, it looks about a million times as painful, but in that hurts-so-good kind of way!

Ali March 15, 2013 at 10:40 am

I keep meaning to ask.. How come you have fruit at almost every meal ( during the meal etc) is that a utah thing? But then again I had a friend from Virginia who had a lot of fruit salad during meals. Just so curious?! We definitely do not do this on the easy coast.

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

Hey Ali!! That is a great question…. I don’t know if it is a Utah thing or a me thing. I just really love fruit so I always have fresh fruit on hand and love to finish off my meal with some fruit. You should try it:) It is fun!

Kattrina March 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I am from the East Coast and I have fruit with every meal! Today I had a banana at breakfast and an orange for lunch and I will probably have an apple with my dinner.

Melissa March 15, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I also started noticing the fruit with every meal… and I thought it was such a healthy and yummy idea, I’ve started to copy Janae and have fruit with many of my meals as well!
(I’m from the East Coast, but I dont know if that has anything to do with not usually putting fruit with meals or not)

Erica March 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

I love yogurt covered cranberries from Whole Foods. So delicious.

I also am loving Sundays as of late. I go for a long-ish run after a relaxed morning. (Saturday’s long run I get up and go.) I usually try a new recipe or 3 during the day. We are winding down Sunday nights with bowls of cereal and the Amazing Race right now, and I love that time with the hubs. Now you have me giddy for Sunday. :)

Carrie March 15, 2013 at 11:03 am

Um, I am an east coast person and wehave fruit at almost every meal at our house!!
I love Wednesdays right now. I work on Tues/ Thurs. My oldest goes to pre- k, 3 days instead of just the days I work. So my 2 year old and I get some 1 on 1 time and I really get to see what she can do. It is insane how much you miss with 2 kids, especially an older sister that is very outgoing and loud. On Wednesdays, I think ” wow she can talk!” because Big Sis is not there to do all the talking!

So I need friend advice. My good friend said that she did not understand what the big deal is about Trader Joes, that it is “just a grocery store”. I am sort of in shock. Should I forgive her because she is originally from Spain and her husband does a lot of the cooking? Or should I have a sit down with her? I have never ever heard anybody say such a thing about Trader Joes.

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 11:13 am

I personally could never forgive someone that thinks TJ’s is JUST a grocery store but you are a better person than I am.

CatieB March 15, 2013 at 11:09 am

LOVE the magic bullet and LOVE my foam roller! :)

I love Trader Joes! We pretty much love the same stuff! haha
Happy Friday!

Anjali March 15, 2013 at 11:16 am

I absolutely love dried pineapple and my favorite day is Friday (TGIF)!

Ashlee March 15, 2013 at 11:17 am

I have foam rolled exactly once, and you are right! It does hurt!

Katie March 15, 2013 at 11:21 am

Dried fruit bars are soooo good! Strawberry’s always my fave. And I think I need to get myself a foam roller. So. That’s on my to-do list! ;)

xo

Renae @ MissFit Mixed Chick March 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

I love my foam roller but sometimes I forget about her. I always love myself after using it.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom March 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

I have a little “fancy” bowl that you can put your tortillas in and put into the oven and make homemade tortilla shells for your taco salads. I love it. As for blender/food processor, I have a Ninja and I LOVE it! It’s amazing and BFFs and we hang out at least 3 times a week. I use my foam roller about 3-5 times per week, moreso lately because my right hip has been tight/burning. It hurts SO good.

My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I can do a long run, nap all day, then go out with friends. A combination of all of my favorite things!

Meagan @ Managing Meagan March 15, 2013 at 11:38 am

MMMMM… chips and guac sound SO GOOD right now!!!!

I definitely need to use my foam roller more. Maybe this post’ll inspire me to use it tomorrow!

Kay March 15, 2013 at 11:49 am

Yum, your multi-course meal looks awesome!!

Logan @ Mountains and Miles March 15, 2013 at 11:50 am

We use an immersion blender. Works like a charm on everything – soups, smoothies, mashed potatoes, you name it!

Saturdays are my favorite!!

But Fridays are nice because where I work, starting March-August we get “Green Fridays” so we get about 10 Fridays off during that time period. It’s awesome.

carolee March 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

Love my foam roller! I have been using it for years to keep my IT band at bay. I use it several times a day when quads and IT band are tight. Love my Fridays bc I am ok on Fridays! Keep rolling and stretching…it will pay off. Also important to do strength training for your glutes, hamstrings, and quads!

Megan March 15, 2013 at 12:38 pm

oh my, how I love my magic bullet! It made perfect baby food for my daughter!!! I still remember the first day I got it (nearly 5 years ago) and made an ice cream shake with GS thin mints!! Yum Yum!

MILF Runner March 15, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Hard to believe that with all these kids we have no blender OR crock pot. I want both. I’m partial to dried pears. And I love my Grid roller :)

I do that sliver thing with pretty much anything yummy – cornbread, brownies, cake…you name it.

Marie March 15, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I’m sorry…all I saw in that last picture was Billy cuddling with Brooke. ;)

Jenny Michelle March 15, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I love dried cherries! And they are great for runners because they are an anti-inflammatory food and contain iron. Us runner girls need as much iron as we can get! :)

Tuesday is my favorite day of the week because Pretty Little Liars is on. I am literally OBSESSED with that show, haha.

Meagan March 15, 2013 at 1:12 pm

We use an old Cuisinart blender that my husband had before we were married. My Dad has a Magic Bullet, though, and he loves that thing.

My favorite dried fruit is mango!!

I have a foam roller, but I am guilty of not using it because it hurts :-/

Saturday is my favorite day of the week!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I’ll probably buy one of those Magic Bullets when I have to start thinking about making baby food. I’ve heard really great things about them!

Mary March 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I have a Ninja but use my juicer most of the time. I LOVE my foam roller and use it almost every day. It has helped my IT Band! And Friday has got to be the best day of the week. Nothing better than looking forward to 2 whole days off!!!

Lindsey March 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

What kind of blender do you use? Any other Magic Bullet users?
- I have a Magic Bullet! So far, I’ve only made Banana & Nutella Ice “Cream” in it

Favorite kind of dried fruit?
-Cherries

Do you have a foam roller? How often do you use it?
-I have a j/fit Eva roller. I don’t use it nearly as much as I should

Favorite day of the entire week?
-Saturday! No work that day and none to worry about the next. It’s also my long, long run day

Katie March 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I really need to buy a foam roller! I have “the stick” but it just isn’t as effective. I’ve contemplated buying the bullet at Costco but am waiting until I have more kitchen space.

Sarah K March 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Hi Janae!
Will you please do a post about foam rolling? I would like to try it but I have been too embarrassed to ask how :) Thamk you!

The Hungry Runner Girl March 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I will!!!!

supergenericgirl March 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I love my magic bullet too! So practical and works so well! And now I’m off to the gym to use their foam roller because I haven’t bought one yet… :\

kendra @ http://www.kennygump.com/ March 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm

i should get a magic bullet. i bought a nice food processor when my first started eating solids but the thing was so complicated i only used it once and gave up. yes magic bullet is on my wishlist now.