A hint…

October 26, 2012

My INCREDIBLE cousin is putting together a RACE for an amazing cause, it is free and if you are in the area (Utah county) you should totally do it!

8x10 5K

If you want to know more about the campaign go to voicesofcourage.byu.edu. The 5k is free and it is being put on to get word out about the campaign and to get people excited about being involved with it. You can register by emailing 5kwalkrunagainstabuse@gmail.com with your name, email, and shirt size. the first 200 registers get a free Voices of Courage t-shirt.  After the race there will be a drawing for free prizes to Smash Burger, Rubios, Costa Vida, Subzero icecream… etc. Anyone can sign up, not just students

———————————————————–

I really have a major obsession with giving Brooke baths.  Her hair goes crazy, she smells like heaven and she is starting to really love the water.

Photo 1 copy

Instead of my usual morning workout we hit up the grocery store to pick up stuff to make a few things that we are taking to Halloween parties this weekend.  I needed 5 things of cream cheese because I am making this and this.

Photo 2

This is the lunch of the month for me.  I no longer use the crockpot because I remembered that I LOVE my George Foreman grill.  I don’t usually put any spices on the chicken because I am boring but I load it up with whatever dressing we have in the fridge.  Steamed carrots, grilled zucchini and avocado make this salad heavenly.

Photo 4

Here is a hint in the below picture of what Brooke is going to be for Halloween, that is the eyeball from her costume.  Tonight is the first of FOUR different activities that we are going to dress her up for (that doesn’t count all of the days I will be dressing her up in it to hang out at home with me).

Photo 5

Are you making anything extra delicious this weekend?

Any Halloween parties this weekend?

What has your lunch been lately?

Who can go to my cousin’s awesome race?!?!?!

Kate @ Run with Kate October 26, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I love races that support great causes. Your cousin is pretty darn cool! I wish I was in the area to run it. Instead, I’ll be running the LA RnR Half.

That eyeball looks like an elmo eye! Is it?! Can’t wait to see spikey in a costume! She is the cutest!

Kate @ Run with Kate October 26, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Whoa! First commenter! That NEVER happens. I’m usually the 5787897th! ;-)

Colleen October 26, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I’m thinking a Cookie Monster! :))

Nora October 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Ooo. I know that costume. My BFF bought it for her baby. She also dresses him up just for around the house snuggle time. Its like a living stuffed animal. BTW. The pic of her baby is so cute – I almost wanted to make her kid my profile picture.

Also – thank you for posting twice a day. You make my Friday afternoons at work like 1000x better….

Sana October 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I can’t wait to see Brooke in a costume!!!

Emily October 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I am making your choc chip cookies tonight to take to my bff in the hospital tomorrow and maybe some white chicken chili on Sunday… it is COLD here!

Is that a LOBSTER eye?!?! I can’t wait to see pictures! Have a great weekend! :)

Kim October 26, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I thought it was the Lobster eye too!! I hope we are right- that would be SO cute!! :)

Melissa October 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

No race for me this weekend (I’m in Pennsylvania, hunkering down for Tropical Storm Sandy or “Frankenstorm” as the weather forecasters are calling it). I just wanted to tell you that I ate pretzels wrapped in string cheese today and it was delish! It’ll be totally added to my snack rotation. Thanks for the inspiration! Yum!

(And please, please tell me it’s a lobster costume! That looks like an antennae!)

Girl Child October 26, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Im on the Jersey Shore.. this storm looks crazy!! I have food and water and am renting a generator.. *fingers crossed*

Megan D October 26, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I need a full review of those apple cream cheese bars stat! I have seen them all over Pinterest and have wanted to try them…along with the 158 other dessert pins I have…no joke.

For lunch I usually have a salad of some sort or left overs from the night before. As much as I loved dinner the night before, sometimes I hate left overs because I am craving something else for lunch, but am forced to eat left overs so I don’t throw food away (a pet peeve). Craving something & not eating it = the worst.

LOVE Brooke’s curly hair. I still use baby shampoo on Evan’s hair so he will still smell like a baby to me. I love sniffing his head. I have problems.

I am going to Witches Night Out with my sisters & all of our kids tomorrow. Should be fun..and COLD. Maybe I should start drinking hot chocolate now? Then a get together on Sunday where I am making my banana cream pie. It is the best pie ever. I am already looking forward to it.

Have so much fun at your parties! Can’t wait to see Brooke’s costume. I am thinking it is a lobster??

Denise October 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I just have to say:

1. I made that chicken chili and it didn’t come out good, I don’t know what I did wrong…I think I really just suck at cooking, which is not good because I love to do it.

2. Brooke is really such a cutie little baby……makes me miss that stage…almost :)

Have a great weekend!

Denise October 26, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Oh and I am guessing Boo from the movie Monsters Inc? Don’t know why but that eye reminded me of that…..LOL

Rachelle October 26, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Brooke is soo cute! She will be adorable in her costume!

I am making homemade pizza and chocolate fondue this weekend! Looking forward to it.

Wish I could make the run, but it’s a little far away :( Hope it gets a good turnout!

Robin October 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I say lobster!

My daughter and I are dressing up as pumpkins. She is 18 months and I am 36 weeks pregnant, so we should be quite the pair.

Today’s lunch was a cheese slice from Costco…yum!

Sarah October 26, 2012 at 1:30 pm

George Foreman grills are the best! Also, I’m going to become bffs with you and move to Cali so you can make me all those delicious desserts all the time :) who doesn’t base their entire diet off of veggies and sugar? I think it’s completely normal.

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm

That eye is looking at meeeeee…. but I can’t wait to see what you dress Brooke up as. Is it… Elmo? Stop being a tease :P

No delicious baking on the agenda for me this weekend because I just finished baking up some cookies and apple pie. And make sure you give us a detailed review on those apple cream cheese bars! They’re calling to me and I need the extra nudge to go and make them!

shelly October 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I’m making deviled eggs that look like eye balls (I’ll post it on my blog on Monday).

Elizabeth M. October 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Is she going to be Boo from Monsters Inc in the monster costume? Pretty sure anything will be adorable :)

Jean October 26, 2012 at 1:51 pm

She’s a lobster, isn’t she?! Please say yes! So cute.

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 26, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I’m making molasses cookies this weekend!! Classic. :)
Also racing a 10k and SUUUUPER nervous about it! Last race until February though, so regardless of my result, I’m going to make the most of the experience.
I lovelovelove how animated Brooke is starting to become for all her pictures and CANNOT wait to see her all dressed up!!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles October 26, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I might try cinnamon apples in the crockpot. Apples were WAY TOO expensive at Costco today!
We do have a party on Sat.
Lunch this past week was mostly leftovers.

The Kidless Kronicles

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 26, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I am definitely baking this weekend but haven’t decided what yet…too many delicious desserts, too little time! Also, I am way more excited to see Brooke in her costume than anyone that has never met her should be. I also hope you and Billy wear matching large eyeball costumes :)

Breanna October 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I LOVE that cream cheese chicken chili! I got the recipe from your blog and it has been such a hit with everyone I know. I’ve been requested to make it a few times already! And total score because it’s so simple. Will have to try the caramel apple cheesecake bites also, that is like all my favorite things combined. Brooke is so darn cute! Omg! I just love her. I’m thinking she’s a lobster also, I remember your post with all the different costumes you were thinking of for her! (:

TorontoRunner October 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm

George Foreman grill is an amazing invention. My BFF during university away from home. ha!

I wish I could do the run!

Grecia October 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Going to 2 halloween parties dressed as a ladybug. Brooke would make a way cuter ladybug!

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More October 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm

A crab? A lobster?!

Jessica @ Busy Living Healthy October 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Brooke’s cheeks are the cutest! :)
The salad looks delicious! Did you grill the zuchini on the George Foreman?

Linnea Grimes October 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I totally just signed up for your cousin’s race! I will not turn down a free 5K especially if it’s for an awesome cause. Thanks!

Brooke is a doll! Cant wait to see her costume. Are you dressing up?

Shannon October 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm

It’s the lobster! Oh Janae, please please please post lots of pictures!!

I’m going to a Halloween party tomorrow. My hubs and I are going as Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter :-)

I hope Brooke’s first Halloween is AWESOME!

Lindsey October 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Ohhh I think its a lobster eye!!! Can’t wait to see :)

This weekend we’re making turkey burgers (doesn’t sound exciting but my husband makes them sooooo good) and chocolate chip banana bread, but instead of regular choco chips we’re using Skore bar chocolate chips (just discovered these little gems)

have an awesome evening

Megan October 26, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I have that chili in my crockpot as we speak!

Ali Mc October 26, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I hope that eye means chocolate bunny :P lol but I think it’s more kermit style.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that Logan is here with me while I was reading and he said “Hey that’s a cute baby, I want one mom” – yikes :P

Jade October 26, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I worked in the field of ending violence against women and plan to return to that work when I finish my masters degree and I applaud your cousin for her work on this campaign. Thanks for sharing this important information!

Lauren October 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Hosting a halloween party tonight. Saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs (other than yours of course ;)) and immediately thought of you. Thank you for introducing me to the best combo alive, candycorn and peanuts. Hope you and your family have an awesome weekend!!

Janae October 26, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hahah you make me so happy! I must have that as soon as possible!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt October 26, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Yummy looking lunch. Lately, my lunch has been an omelet. I’ve just been on a major egg kick!

Lauren October 26, 2012 at 5:48 pm

It’s going to be awful here weather wise so I’m planning on making a huge batch of Chili and pumpkin cornbread!
Can’t ait to see Brooke’s Halloween surprise. :) She’ll be adorable in whatever you put her in.

Missy October 26, 2012 at 6:09 pm

If I haven’t mentioned it before…Brooke is so stinkin cute!

char eats greens October 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Creeping your computer screen…I love using the box of crayons to find the colour text I wanna use! haha

natalie@ southern fit foodie October 26, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I can’t wait to see little Brooke’s costume!

I’m in charge of the “dips” for a party tomorrow night – I’m making this southwest rotel dip with black beans, corn, and brown rice. I’m going to make something else too (probably a cream cheese based dip) but not sure exactly what yet. :)

Cathryn @ MyHeartsContentblog October 26, 2012 at 9:35 pm

That photo of Brooke made me smile SO much! We had a halloween parade today and my 2 year old boy went as an astronaut with a pirate hat. We didn’t plan that, but pretended he was a space pirate!!

Khushboo October 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I’ve been loving peanut butter sandwiches for lunch lately…simple but hits the spot! That with some boiled egg whites (can’t do hard boiled yolks)!

michelle kim October 26, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Our church is having an Autumn Festival for the little ones (have a parade, games set up, lots of candy and chocolates!). I wish I could run in that 5K! That’s really great that your cousin is organizing it!

Marissa October 27, 2012 at 12:40 am

That eyeball looks like it would be on Boo’s costume from Monster’s Inc!? That would be adorable… :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 27, 2012 at 4:55 am

I bet she’s a lobster!!! And your salad does look good, I really need a george forman!

Deb October 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Brooke pictures make mr smile!

Jacqueline October 28, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Okay I can’t cheat because I’m just catching up and already saw what Brooke is. ;)
I can’t get over how cute her hair is. It changes like the expressions on her face.
I’ve been sticking to salads and/or eggs for lunch. I don’t like feeling weighed down in the afternoon.

Kay October 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Yum, I love desserts with cream cheese!!