Using my stomach as a table and the 5k.

June 29, 2012

After a power nap I felt super productive yesterday and almost finished packing up my entire room (besides the things I need for the next 1.5 months).

To reward my hard work:

The other night when I met Jef (be aware that this post will be linked at least a dozen times a month) we also got hooked up with free meal and drink cards for Cafe Rio!

I had the best lemonade with my salad.  You get to choose what type of meat you get with your salad and last night I chose salmon even though I normally choose pork.  We used to buy frozen salmon at Costco all the time back in the good old days and I think we are going to have to start doing that again because it tasted so good.

The belly is coming in handy now.

Only 1.29 for a caramel sundae at McD’s.   I have decided I will just switch off every night between one of these and pb cookies for dessert.  Come to think about it, pb cookies dipped into the caramel sundae would be really good.

We ate our dinner and dessert while watching more of the Olympic track and field trials.  I love watching the shorter distances like the 200 but I REALLY loved watching the female and male 5000 meter.  Both races were really dramatic at the end.  The picture below is at the finish line and the girls are fighting for the last spot to go to the Olympics.  The girl in lane 2 got it!

Photo 6

Blurry picture below but I absolutely love Lagat’s facial expression.  Rupp (on the right who won the 10k a few nights ago) actually won and set the Olympic trials RECORD last night in the 5k.

Photo 6 copy ———————————————————

New HRG Baby post HERE!!!

——————————————————–

Who else lives in an apartment?

Is there a food that you used to buy all of the time that you don’t anymore and you miss it dearly?

Where was the last place you got take out from?

What Olympic trials have you watched so far?

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 29, 2012 at 5:46 am

I used to be obsessed with Rita’s Italian Ice (especially their Mistos) – I almost always do fro-yo instead now!

Becky Przy June 29, 2012 at 5:52 am

That picture of you and the ice cream is priceless;-) Wow you rock at packing ! You will be so happy its done come August!

Have a fabulous Friday!!!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 29, 2012 at 5:55 am

Right now, I’m actually missing kale, believe it or not! We used to have a Whole Foods near the hotel we were staying in. But at our new house, the Whole Foods and Fresh Market are a bit of a drive. So I haven’t had kale chips in more than 4 weeks! Sad!

Khushboo June 29, 2012 at 6:03 am

Hahahah LOVE that picture of the ice cream on you..in you, on you same thing :)! I can’t see the future but I do one thing: ice cream WILL be featuring in my weekend!!

Sierra June 29, 2012 at 6:09 am

Oh gosh, I am going through the same thing. We have a two bedroom and we are doing an international move, so the less stuff, the better. We don’t have a place yet, but I have a feeling it will be a shoebox since Chicago is a lot more expensive than Cape Town. Good luck packing!

Allison @ The Life and Loves of Allison Fay June 29, 2012 at 6:22 am

I love the dress/shirt on you- you look so gorgeous in it! That picture of you and the ice cream is so cute.

I can’t get enough of the Olympic trials- running, swimming, gymnastics…. We bought cable JUST for this! But I think we’ll keep it for football season, now that Peyton is playing again. :)

robyn June 29, 2012 at 6:30 am

I can’t wait to be pregnant for the sheer fact I can use my tummy as a table.

Erin @ The Grass Skirt June 29, 2012 at 6:36 am

I love that you use your tummy as a table. I do the same thing! It works great for resting my phone and the tv remote too. When I talk to people on the phone, I put it on speaker and just rest it on my stomach. My dad has always has a gut (obviously not from pregnancy) and is so happy that I can now share in the joy of having a built in picnic table. Haha.

Kari @ Running Ricig June 29, 2012 at 6:41 am

I can’t remember the last time we got takeout, other than pizza.

I lived in an apartment for three years after college, but now we have a teeny tiny house and I love it!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 29, 2012 at 6:42 am

I live in a studio apartment! I like being in an apartment when I live alone, I feel safer knowing there are people all around me! The bad thing is that we don’t have a doorman, so I’ve had several packages stolen…

Heather @ Run Eat Play June 29, 2012 at 6:42 am

You are so cute with your pregnant belly table :)

I dearly miss Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream, probably the best ice cream ever. But I was eating way too much of it, too often. I still have it every now and then as a treat.

Have a great weekend!

Sarah June 29, 2012 at 6:54 am

I live in an apartment, one bedroom, and my stuff feels like its everywhere. We have our bikes lining the walls, it’s pretty awesome! Food I miss, all my favorite places in Salt Lake…The DoDo, Red Butte, Lone Star, Bombay House, Jolley’s Candy, the list is endless! Last place I got take-out: Potbelly’s – maybe the best turkey sandwich ever made!

Happy weekend!

Allison June 29, 2012 at 7:05 am

We just moved from an apartment to our house. I like the house, but the apt was way easier to clean!

Kath June 29, 2012 at 7:08 am

The shelf is very handy – until the baby kicks your ice cream into your lap!! I had this almost happen to me with a mug of cereal : )

Melissa June 29, 2012 at 7:15 am

When we had to move to NJ last August we went to an apartment…I don’t like apartment living but this move is only temporary. NJ is so expensive compared to where we lived in Upstate NY (i.e. we rented a house while my hubby was getting his PhD for $650/month…we now pay $1455 for a 1 bedroom…and that was one of the better deals!…ridiculous!). The 5000m was so exciting! I almost fell off the couch at the end of the men’s! Julie Culley is from NJ and runs for the NJ-NY track club which is pretty cool and exciting. Last takeout was pizza…it was very yummy! :o) You are so adorable by the way!

Erin June 29, 2012 at 7:17 am

I’m super Olympic obsessed and I’ve watched track, diving, and swimming so far. Can’t wait for the real thing!! By the way – that is an amazing picture :)

Holly @ The Cupcake Runner June 29, 2012 at 7:23 am

I have lived in two different one bedroom apartments with my husband. The first was a garden style apartment with our own front door. Now we are in a “luxury” apartment with one main door ( no doorman). This apartment looks more like a simplified hotel inside with the hallways of all doors. We liked the garden style and the community of people, but moved because of the commute and were looking for an upgrade. So now we have the upgrade and shorter commute, but sometimes our neighbors are sloppy and it is next to a highway and train tracks. But we should be closing on our first house in less than a month!

Lindsey June 29, 2012 at 7:25 am

We used to buy the wild salmon at Costco all the time and now they only have farmed, which I won’t buy, so I miss salmon too! I also used to buy Laughing Cow cheese and haven’t in awhile and the other day decided I missed it.
Subway!
I have not watched any! I know, it is craziness. haha

Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked June 29, 2012 at 7:34 am

I really wish I had a second to watch the trials – but it is end of month so no dice.

We live in a 1 br apartment. We’re looking into buying a 2 bedroom over the summer….. EEEKKKKK.

CatieB June 29, 2012 at 7:41 am

I live in an apartment… It’s okay but I can’t wait to move out of the city and live in a house that is mine! With no landlord!!
The last place I got take out from… hmmm I can’t remember! BUt I bet it was sushi. I did get 16 Handles the other day! If that counts haha

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed June 29, 2012 at 7:55 am

men’s gymnastics, (missed women’s) swimming, diving, women’s track, I am loving it all!!

Theresa June 29, 2012 at 7:57 am

i live in an apartment :) I’m dying to invest in a house soon though…with all the stuff me and kevin have and the three pets, the apartment definitely feels a bit crowded. on the otherhand, its nice not having to do all the work that comes with home ownership!

i miss the big bags of fresh broccoli from costco…used to buy them all the time but ive stopped because it was hard for me to go through it all before it went bad. such a dilemma since the small bags at the supermarket are too small for me too ;)

last takeout was sushi i think. yum!!

Megan D June 29, 2012 at 8:00 am

McDonald’s sundaes are where it is at! Cheap and so delicious!

I used to buy Ben and Jerry’s ‘late night snack’ but my husband would eat it in one sitting and I can’t justify the cost. Also, you must try it! Vanilla bean ice cream, caramel swirl and fudge covered potato chip clusters. Sounds weird, but it is so good. Sweet and salty!

I can’t remember the last take out. Probably in and out a couple of months ago?? I was craving their hamburgers badly. Is that even take out??

Love your table ;) how come your child doesn’t grow limbs in your face,
neck and arms like mine did? At least that is what I told myself cause it was the only ‘reasonable’ explanation for why THEY got big too. You are so little and tiny everywhere. So cute. And I kinda hate you at the same time ;)

Megan@ The Running Doc June 29, 2012 at 8:03 am

I just moved out of my apartment 2 months ago. I had lived in an apartment for the past 6 years but finally decided to move into a house so I could have a yard for my dog.

The last place I got take-out was Chipotle; love that place!

I plan on watching the women’s gymnastics trials tonight. Can’t wait!

Rachel June 29, 2012 at 8:05 am

I always watch swimming and track. For some reason they have decided to show the swimming and track trials at the same time every night, so the last few evenings have consisted of me frantically hitting ‘Last’ on the remote every 30 seconds to make sure I’m not missing any good races.

That women’s 5K was brutal–I don’t know if I could do that to someone; pass them in the last meter after they LED the race and pushed the pace to an A-Standard. I think I would’ve let her win. I guess I’m not competitive enough for Olympic-level competition!

Christy@thesweetrunner June 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

I Have been watching the tryouts. I’ve watched a lot of track and field, but I’ve also watched gymnastics and swimming too. It’s funny I watched last night and took the same picture you did of Lagat sprinting to the finish with super crazy eyes. On a side note his kids are adorable! I can’t wait for July 27. I know you are/were a spin instructor, do you watch the Tour de France?

Lora @ Crazy Running Girl June 29, 2012 at 8:23 am

We are in an apartment and definitely know how downsizing goes. We went from a large two bedroom townhouse in FL to a tiny one bedroom apartment in NYC. I feel like we have so much random stuff lying around but with two closets, there just isn’t anywhere to put it! I think about the day when we’ll be back to walk-in closets… le sigh…

Haha, love the new “table”!

Annette@FitnessPerks June 29, 2012 at 8:27 am

FREE Cafe Rio?!! That’s even better than meeting him! Seriously. YUMMMMM.

And yep, we live in an apartment right now, and it’s smaller, but it has a lot of storage–so we can just throw things behind the doors. Haha ;)

Jake June 29, 2012 at 8:29 am

Those 5Ks were so awesome last night. We were all standing up and yelling at the TV. I felt so bad for Julia Lucas in the women’s race. If it was a 4.999K race, she would have had it.

Rupp (and Ritz) will be back training in Park City next week. We should go stalking :-)

MigraineMe June 29, 2012 at 8:40 am

I eat takeout from the same Mediterranean food place literally 3 times per week sometimes. The food is great quality and healthy. And ps, it is convenience and inexpensive. Why change a good thing, right?

Oh and the joys of apartment living. I live in LA – definitely live in an apartment and it’s like a shoebox!

LauraMae June 29, 2012 at 8:42 am

I live in an amazing no AC apartment duplex shin dig. =) Peanut Butter! It is just expensive and I eat it really quickly! I think we went to In N Out last. Is there somewhere I could watch the Olympic Trials without having cable…I have itnernet though!

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 29, 2012 at 8:43 am

PB cookies in a caramel sundae sound amazing! You should totally try it!

We live in a 2-level townhome! I love it except for the fact that we only have a 1-car garage!

I used to buy cereal a lot but don’t really buy that much anymore…this needs to change!

Last place we got takeout from was McDonalds…does that even count?

We’ve watched the running, track and field, and swimming so far!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 29, 2012 at 8:51 am

I used to always get those yogurt squeeze tubes and then freeze them. It is insanely delicious and a great nighttime snack!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 29, 2012 at 8:58 am

I live in an apartment too, and our lease is up August 1st and we still don’t know where we’re moving to! Hope we don’t end up homeless.

I watched the Olympic trials last night too and holy crap they were exciting! Olympic athletes are incredible, it’s seriously fascinating to watch!

Michelle June 29, 2012 at 8:58 am

You and that belly are the absolute cutest! Also I have to make my way to get one of those sundaes! Yum!

Cathryn @ Myheartscontentblog June 29, 2012 at 9:01 am

Hahah, I used to put mugs of tea on my belly, it was hilarious every time!!

ali June 29, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’ve never tried the salmon at Cafe Rio! Must try it next time! I’ve been addicted to the Olympic Trials every night too! Lovin’ it!

Allison @ Running Through Red Lights June 29, 2012 at 9:05 am

We live in an apartment. I’m not going to lie, I don’t hate not having to be responsible for yard work and snow removal. My husband and I are saving for a house, but we live in a city that we’re not sure we want to stay in forever, so it’s tempting to stay in our apartment!

I hate to admit it, but I’ve had Subway three times this week. We have very limited restaurant options, especially “healthy” options, so Subway is always a go-to. I wouldn’t be surprised if I pick up Subway on my way home from work tonight!

Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy June 29, 2012 at 9:45 am

Lady! Due to weather this past week I’ve ran many many miles on the treadmill in your honor! Man! I don’t know how you do it! It’s so boring! AND while being pregnant?! You are my HERO!
Also?
I wish I had a stomach to use as a table. So handy. (actually, aside from having a baby in there – I don’t think I want a stomach/table anymore.. I take it back)

Molly @ Running In Wisconsin June 29, 2012 at 9:46 am

I also live in an apartment…and am moving as well! I have a one bedroom but moving to a two bedroom, which I am excited about. However, moving STINKS!

Kelly June 29, 2012 at 10:03 am

My husband and I live in a one bedroom apartment. It was definitely an adjustment at first but we’ve made it home. And the great news is there is no room for stuff you don’t need so we are constantly downsizing and getting rid of junk. That’s funny that you missed salmon because we used to eat it all the time too and then for some reason just stopped buying it and we just started buying it again about a month ago. Last place we got take out was Mashita’s Teriyaki. It’s a bento place by our apartment and the owners know us from going there so often. I’ve been watching all of the olympic trials that I can!

Beth @ Miles and Trials June 29, 2012 at 10:28 am

Loving the Olympic Trials! We’ve been watching some track and field and the swimming. So motivating!

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More June 29, 2012 at 10:31 am

I don’t live in an apartment, but I do live in a duplex. So much more house for my rental money! And before moving here, back in the Midwest, I owned a condo for six years. Again because I got a lot more for my money.

Last take out I got was from a local cafe for lunch on Tuesday. They have a cup that is similar to a Chipotle veggie bowl, but this one has Yumm sauce on it. So, so good!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife June 29, 2012 at 10:33 am

I watched the 5k finals last night, too!! They were so entertaining! I felt super bad for Julia Lucas, though! She definitely pushed too hard on the last three laps – such a bummer! Great for Conley, though!

Kashi @ Cape Island Runners June 29, 2012 at 10:41 am

I used to get these great muffins every sunday from a place called bashful banana in my old hometown. i moved about an hr away and only get them once in awhile now. i missss you carrot raisin!

Kelly @ Running Kellometers June 29, 2012 at 11:49 am

If you look super pretty or glamorous while running, you’re not pushing hard enough! :)

Kay June 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Yum, a salmon salad sounds delicious. I made a salad with tuna last night for dinner but it’s not quite the same haha.

Amanda June 29, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Ignoring the fact that I absolutely love Jef and hope he wins I had to let you know that the other day I was reading your blog like I am 4x a day and my husband leans over and goes “so is her blog just about food because that’s all I ever see on the screen.”

madison @ told.in.vain. June 29, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Janea! Long time reader (but not always a commenter!) and to show my appreciation…I nominated you for a blog award!

Hopefully you don’t mind ;-)

Tiffany June 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I haven’t gotten to see any of the trials but I’m following Morgan Uceny and soooo stoked that she just got 1st in the semi-finals of the Women’s 1500 today! Can’t wait to see the finals on Sunday and hopefully watch her kick butt onto the Olympic Team! My hometown girl rocks!!

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with a little den which is my sewing room/our guest room when family comes to visit. It is soooo small, I’m so ready for a bigger place but we are stuck stuck stuck because we have a 100 lb dog and no apartments/townhouses that are bigger and nicer will let us have this gentle giant :( Maybe one day we’ll own a house…

Aruba July 15, 2012 at 7:38 am

Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.

Thanks for sharing!