The best cookie recipe we have ever had.

January 21, 2012

Of course I think that any baked good with large amounts of sugar and butter are my FAVORITE cookie but today I found my whole families new favorite cookie recipe.

Photo

You make cookie dough and wrap it around a pb cup, pure genius.  Next cookie will be wrapped around Milky Ways and a Carmello with some Cookies and Creme candy bar thrown in.  Seriously, you really have to try THIS RECIPE because it is ridiculously good.  I can’t stop thinking about them.

I copied this recipe from PICKY PALATE exactly except I didn’t add extra chocolate chips.  I did not want to take away from the amazingness of the pb cup.   Below picture is also from The Picky Palate.

Screen Shot 2012 01 21 at 6 57 15 PM

Be back in the early morning with a full update of us attempting to see how many times we could eat out in a short amount of time and a new circuit workout that I made up and did this morning.

How has your Saturday been?  Made anything delicious lately?!?!

Ashley January 21, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I just made some DELICIOUS potato soup! :)

Saturday has been lazy. Taking a rest day, my calf is bugging out. Gonna try a run tomorrow on the dready tready.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:33 pm

ASHLEY!! This is getting out of control, I need to see you. It is official, we are hanging out next week. WHAT…I need to hear more about your calf, did this just start? Love you!

Michelle W January 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I made some roasted butternut squash soup! It was my first time making a soup from scratch, and aside from the uncooperative squash, it turned out awesome!!

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:33 pm

DANG MICHELLE…you are incredible. I am afraid to make soup from scratch but you are my inspiration now to try it! Have a great night!

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs January 21, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I’m soooooo tempted to drive to ur house right now!! We’re making pizza tonight :)

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:34 pm

COME OVER GORGEOUS. Bring your pizza dough with you;)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm

oh my goodness gracious, these look like some of the BEST cookies i have ever seen!! that ooey gooey photo you showed of the Reese’s oozing out the middle is making me drool… i know i would have absolutely NO self control around these!

last night i made some bomb thai food for the hubs and me. it was pretty awesome.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

What…you are my hero, I want to learn how to make thai food. I can bring you over some cookies if you want:)

susette January 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Your cookies look soooooo divine!!! I spent my morning running in a very wet half marathon in St. George. I’m going to keep reading your blog to hopefully get some of your speediness to rub off onto me.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm

You need to make them! I NEED DETAILS ABOUT YOUR 1/2 marathon…it was raining there too?!?!

susette January 21, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I was so hoping to get to enjoy some warm sunshine down here in beautiful St. George but instead we got rained on the whole race. It really started down pouring near the end so we didn’t stay for the awards ceremony. The after race treats were soooo yummers; oranges, bananas, little soft macaroon type cookies with very thick frosting on top, golden spoon ice cream, and chocolate milk The route was nice and wound through some nice neighborhoods and along the virgin river and also on a biking and running path. My daughter and her husband came too. She just started running this year and did the 5K. We’re hoping for a little better weather tomorrow before we head for home. Happy Saturday! I hope you’re staying warm. I hear it’s storming up North as well.

Kay January 21, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I looooooooooove Picky Palate’s blog, and these cookies look Amazing!!

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Seriously, I drool over everything she posts…..I just want her to come cook for me everyday!

Jess K @ My Continuing Quest For Sanity January 21, 2012 at 7:51 pm

*drooling* I’ve been wanting to do this with nutella in the middle too!

Janae January 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Good idea!!! I will be doing that next…brilliant. Have a great night Jess!

Losing Lindy January 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm

ooohhh I will need to make these tomorrow!

Janae January 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 21, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Yum!! Those look delicious! I made zucchini bread and peanut butter and jelly blondies this week … both were very tasty.

Today I didn’t do much of anything. Laundry, gym, blogging. Tonight I hung out at my in-laws for a while, and therefore got free dinner haha! ;) Win-win!

Janae January 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Your pb and jelly blondes sound INCREDIBLE!! Gotta love chill days and FREE DINNER!!! Gotta love that. Enjoy your non long commute tomorrow too:)

Anja March 8, 2014 at 8:27 am

Very insightful ieertvinw. Can’t wait for the book! What I love most is the sad, bruised banana. I hope you make more of them someday to put in your shop.

Losing Lindy January 21, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I have been thinking about what we have for candy..(because I froze a lot of V’s Halloween Candy) and I also have Dove chocolate covered almonds…YUM!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 21, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Oh my goodness, those look delicious! Especially the swirls of chocolate & pb oozing out…. YUM!

Ashley January 21, 2012 at 8:08 pm

ohmygoodness…those sounds delicious…someone made me cookies like that before except you use oreos instead of pbcups….amazing.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for the great idea of using OREOS…you are brilliant!

Khushboo January 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Oh boy look at that pb oozing out! I made one of the best salads ever: fajita shrimp and seafood salad- the guac was outta controllll!

Jessica January 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

My friend Jenny is the writer of picky palate, love her! We just had brownies and ice cream.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm

REALLY…that is so so cool!!!

natalie @ southern fit foodie January 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Man I love some pb cups – those look awesome. I was barely home this week, but I did make some awesome salad dressing (if that counts).

Today was spent with my cheerleaders decorating our school for homecoming week, practicing, and then at the basketball game watching them cheer. I love those girls!

Sarah January 21, 2012 at 8:32 pm

yum! those look divine!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College January 21, 2012 at 8:42 pm

WOW….wow

I don’t know what else to say haha

Colleen January 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Yum!!!! I just made tilapia stuffed with homemade crab stuffing tonight! It was delish.

Janae January 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Um….can I come over and eat your leftovers?

Catey January 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Today I covered things in chocolate. Totally negated the freakishly cold/wet/windy miles I put in today, but satisfied the pregnant cravings so I’m calling it a win. All sort of good things….graham crackers, gummy bears, marshmallows, pretzels…..but the real winner is the Reese’s stuffed Oreos. A PB cup sandwiched between Oreos and dipped in chocolate? Heaven!

Nicole January 21, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I was going to do brownies with PB cups tomorrow. Or I have some Andes mint chips. I can’t decide. Definitely try the smores cookies someday. They are delicious and would be fun to do with the little ones!

The Kidless Kronicles

Kara January 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Sometimes I wish this blog was a also a food delivery service. I’m a good tipper.

Brit January 21, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Those cookies sound amazing! Why have I never done that before?

Cait the Arty Runnerchick January 21, 2012 at 11:48 pm

holy cow!! the middle of those make me want to literally lick the screen. OR get shrunk down really small and try to fit inside and eat my way out. sorry, really odd comment! :P

Brittany @ A Little Less, Please January 22, 2012 at 12:36 am

THOSELOOKSOOOOGOOOOOD. I’ve done a recipe of something like that. I took the pre-made sugar cookie dough roll and dove raspberry filled milk chocolates and put them between two of the cookie dough slices and baked ‘em! SO SO GOOD.

Carrie Bradshaw January 22, 2012 at 2:38 am

Holy cookie, those look incredible…i really think those might be the best chocolate-y-cookie dessert ever created.
I made “monster cookie-cake” last week for Ben and me; we ate the whole pan in 24 hours. well…i ate 3/4 of it.

Kate @ Chasing It January 22, 2012 at 4:49 am

this. is. genius. seriously, there aren’t words for how amazing this idea is. I have TONS of hershey kisses in my house right now, I know that’s not as cool as a pb cup or milky way, but I do still think they’d be yummier with some cookie dough wrapped around them (i wonder how many would actually get baked hah)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 22, 2012 at 6:04 am

These sound delicious! I just created oat flour pancakes, which were amazing :D

Amy January 22, 2012 at 6:20 am

These cookies are so yummy. We make them with all the left over Halloween candy bars.

Ali Mc January 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm

OMGosh! I’m in heaven :) I want these so bad!

Lindsay @ Salt, Sun & Sanity January 22, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Those cookies look sick. I want to make one extra huge wrapped around a big Reese’s Pumpkin/Christmas tree/Valentine’s heart

Sarah January 23, 2012 at 6:20 am

WHoa whoa just saw this cookie recipe and I have to make these asap! The kids I babysit for would looove these. Thanks for the recipe!

Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds February 21, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Hi there! Do you mind if I share your photo/recipe on my blog? I will link back to Picky Palate as well :) I don’t have an oven *since I’ve recently moved to China & ovens are not common*… but I’d like to archive it on my own site for future reference :)