NYC Present and Sleep Eating

October 31, 2011

Look at what my nieces made for me (with the help of an adult too;)… I may have teared up a little.

A New York City diorama complete with Central Park (with the words, we love you @ NY), the Statue of Liberty, hot dogs and runners made out of play dough and sky scrapers.  I will be bringing it on the plane with me and plotting out my race strategy and practicing the course with my little dough runner.

My madre made stew, salad, rolls and fruit for din-din.   She thought stew would be perfect for the cold temps that we have been having but as the day went on it got hotter and hotter.  We turned the ac on full blast so that we could pretend it was cold so that the stew could warm us up.

The birthday girl somehow fell asleep as she was eating.   How does that even happen?  I guess her birthday party wasn’t living up to her standards.

She was fully awake as soon as the word ‘present’ was mentioned.

I feel like the person that created this doll actually reads my blog and saw all of the pictures of my niece and designed an identical doll.

It came with food and water for the baby and an extra diaper….I don’t know how I feel about that.

Remember when my niece would never take off her sunhat and sunglasses (even indoors)…..I think her new princess costume is going to be qutie similar to that situation.

My cousin made an awesome cheesecake with a heath bar topping for dessert and

we had our very favorite ice cream in the whole wide world..

I think you can understand me a little better when you realize that I come from a family that adds more sugar (in the form of M&M’s) onto something that is already loaded with sugar (2 inches of frosting and cake) with a side of ice cream that has red velvet cake and frosting mixed into it.

I will be wearing my pinata costume to school today….I wonder how many times I will be hit with something for candy or how many times I will be asked how old I really am and why my maturity levels say differently.

———————————————————–

Who has run NYC before?  I NEED ADVICE and any help I can get about weather, what to wear, what to bring, where to carb-load;) and the best parts of the marathon!

Is it easy for you to fall asleep?  Can you fall asleep sitting up (in the car, plane or movie theater like me)?

-It takes me less than 5 minutes to fall asleep every night unless I am worrying about something…..I got that from my mom.

Do you like cheesecake?  Do you like pumpkin cheesecake?

-Only if there are other components (usually chocolate) added to it.  I am not a fan of plain cheesecake and I love pumpkin cheesecake.

Nicole October 31, 2011 at 5:10 am

its probably going to be cool. But not drastically different than what you have at home. Just check the weather channel.
I can fall asleep in a car like that! And usually do well at night too. But not last night. Just laid there with all kinds of things floating around in my head.

I don’t like cheesecake much. And can’t believe I am first today!

The Kidless Kronicles

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) October 31, 2011 at 5:21 am

Ha, I love the diorama! So cute.

Best parts of the marathon – 1st ave in Manhattan which I’m sure you’ve heard. But also, right off the bridge in Brooklyn, the crowds are just AMAZING and I totally wasn’t expecting it because I figured everyone would be watching in Manhattan. But Brooklyn was crazy crowded!!

Bring LOTS of throw away layers for before the race because there isn’t anywhere to stay warm inside and it was windy/cold last year. A blanket helps too.

Michelle October 31, 2011 at 5:38 am

You need to try Ben and Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheescake ice-cream asap!!! It is SO GOOD! It even has Graham cracker crumb swirls. Yummm!!!

kelsey October 31, 2011 at 4:38 pm

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?!? we live in iowa and i have been to every grocery store x4 and have had no luck in finding it. best.ice.cream.ever.

Michelle October 31, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Oh i agree!!! I’m in Atlanta and have seen it at a few of the Publix grocery stores, but it’s very hard to find! Next time I do find it I’m stockpiling!

Brittany October 31, 2011 at 5:46 am

You should probably try out Max Brenner for the dessert pizza. Its basically one big Smore party in your mouth (and you can order it with peanut butter).

Don’t like cheesecake much. But if I had to get it..the Cheesecake Factory’s 30th Anniversary Cake. Layered with plain cheesecake, fudge cake, and chocolate truffle cream.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 31, 2011 at 5:55 am

I’m so excited for you and the marathon! You’ll do awesome I’m sure. I was just talking to my husband last night about how much you and your running skills amaze me. ;)

I can’t fall asleep unless I’m comfortable, but I can fall asleep pretty quickly in my bed if like you said, my mind isn’t racing.

I LOVE cheesecake! Pumpkin cheesecake is amazing too. I pretty much love any kind though. Plain all the way to the fancy kinds and everything in between!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 31, 2011 at 6:25 am

If I am tired enough, I can fall asleep anywhere! Hahah I actually dislike cheesecake….all kinds of them! Haha :)

nicole @ simply nicole October 31, 2011 at 6:49 am

omg she is so cute! and yes, I agree that doll looks identical to her!

AliMc October 31, 2011 at 6:51 am

I read this whole post and loved it but when I read the words “pinata costume to work” I was so excited!!!!!!! :D I live across from a school and I saw some teachers all dressed up today but I love that you’ll be wearing that while teaching = AMAZING! lol PICS PLEASE

Michelle October 31, 2011 at 6:53 am

Oh man. They’re saying 30 degrees at the start so layer up!I have about 9 gazillion layers packed

From what i’ve read, Brooklyn and First Ave are the best parts with the most crowd support. I can tell already though that the best part will be when I get the finish line in my eye view!

Also, I fall asleep everywhere! It’s a total joke how quickly i can fall asleep in a moving car. I’m leaving work soon to go do a campus visit with my boss and hope I don’t fall asleep on the way there!

Rach October 31, 2011 at 6:53 am

Good luck at NYC!! If you’re looking for a fun carb load, you have to try out S’Mac in the Village! They make nothing but Mac and Cheese in amazing combinations with as many toppings/ingredients as you can imagine. S’Mac is a popular stop off for NYU students so try and go late morning before they release from classes ;-) I haven’t run NYC yet but my girlfriend did last year and she said it was a madhouse. She loved the entire event (crowd participation and support was unbelievable!) and meeting up with her hubby was tough. Try and pre-plot meet-up points and bring your cell in a spibelt if you can!

Janae October 31, 2011 at 8:37 am

RACH!! Thank you so much for the Mac and Cheese recommendation! I love mac and cheese and can’t wait to try out their different toppings!! Brilliant to plan a meet-up spot. Thanks so much Rach…you are awesome!

Brittany *Sparkles* October 31, 2011 at 6:56 am

I can’t fall asleep on trips or the night before trips or big meetings bc I have too much on my mind :( But.. if I’m just out on a regular weekend I have NO problem falling asleep in the back seat on the way home!

Mmm cheesecake! My favorite would be Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake!

GL in NYC! I only went to NY twice when I was a kid so don’t have much advice other than HAVE A BLAST AND ROCK YOUR RUN!

Amy October 31, 2011 at 6:57 am

Chocolate cheesecake is awesome!

Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count October 31, 2011 at 6:58 am

OMG! Your costume is hilarious. I love it. I am sure you will be a huge hit at school today!

Holly @ The Runny Egg October 31, 2011 at 7:00 am

I need perfect conditions to fall asleep: warm socks, warm bed, complete darkness with a little bit of noise (we have a white noise machine or we turn on a fan). Or, I need to be completed exhausted to fall asleep anywhere else. Jason on the other hand can fall asleep in an instance — we’ll be sitting on the couch for 2 minutes and he’ll be zonked out.

I love the diorama that they made — how sweet!

Lindsey October 31, 2011 at 7:05 am

Such a cute gift from your nieces :)
I can fall asleep anywhere! Loud movie theatres, parties, planes….
LOVE pumpkin cheesecake it is my favorite kind!

Sabrina October 31, 2011 at 7:14 am

Your family is the BEST!

I can fall asleep anywhere & it normally doesn’t take me too long.

Of course I love cheesecake. I don’t discriminate on the flavor either!

Happy Halloween!

Mamarunsbarefoot October 31, 2011 at 7:29 am

Ok I forgot how much I love you! I’ve been away too long. I love NYC I lived there for a couple of years. It seems I’ll never get to run it though since they have changed the lottery and I’m simply am not fast enough :( It is cold in the fall though, but beautiful!!!!!!!

Erica October 31, 2011 at 7:30 am

When I first read the title SLEEP EATING, i thought you were going to tell me you woke in the middle of the night hungry after your HM………yep, that was me!

If anyone asks me if I like cheesecake, i say not really, but everytime I have it I think this is tasty……..I’m weird.

Happy Halloween.

Theresa October 31, 2011 at 7:41 am

that might possibly be one of the cutest gifts ive ever seen!

its def pretty easy for me to fall asleep..unless i’ve had too much caffeine and then i’m totally wired.

cheesecake is sooo good. pumpkin cheesecake is ever better. i had chocolate cheesecake last night with kev though and it was FABOOO!

NYC is this week, that is so insane. it’s been chillier here in the past two weeks, im sure that come saturday morning it will prob be in the 40s…

kari @ Running Ricig October 31, 2011 at 7:51 am

How in the world do you fall asleep mid meal…ok, unless it’s Thanksgiving :)

That doll really does look exactly like your niece! Crazy.

I love any kind of cheesecake!

I’ve never run NYC, but you’re going to have so much fun! I’ve heard it’s awesome!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 31, 2011 at 8:01 am

A: when is your wave? They’ll have a check at the beginning of the line so you can bundle up and throw it in there. It’s going to be around 60 degrees for the tail end of your run, so plan for the 50s. The first leg is the hardest with the VZ bridge, mile 22 is the LOUDEST and best.
What is your favorite food other than fro yo and ice cream? Are you a pasta gal? Bread? Getting around is easy peasy, buy a 3 day metrocard and download the itrans app to your phone, othewise, just text me and I’ll get you to where you need to go. I am a transit savant. (seriously, I am the rainman of trains) There are lots of port o potties along the route and water stations, and generally, someone craps themselves.

As a pinata, I think you should wear a helmet, or at least a sombrero.

Also, healthyhappierbear and carrotsncake and losingweightinthecity are all running it this year.

Janae October 31, 2011 at 8:28 am

CAT…thank you so much!! I start at 9:40!! I feel good about racing in the 50s…that is my favorite. I can’t wait for mile 22! I LOVE PIZZA more than anything. EMAIL me your number!! Can you meet up on Saturday? One of my students came in with a chair to hit me with because he didn’t have a bat. How much is a 3 day metro card. What would you recommend to get from the airport to where we are staying…a cab!

Katelynn Woolsey November 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I am starting at 9:40 too! So nervous & excited. Good Luck yo! :)

Janae November 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm

We should find each other!!!

Katelynn Woolsey November 2, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That would be fantastical! I’d love to not be freezing my butt off by myself! Plus you’re hilarious so it would surely make the waiting around more enjoyable.

Holly October 31, 2011 at 8:02 am

I love your present, how stinkin’ cute :D
& Happiest Birthday to your WAY too adorable niece- I just think she is wayyyy too cute for words! :)
Guess what?! I DID eat the Red Velvet ice cream last night too..so we WERE eating it together – your plan worked :) So so so good- I LOVE the chunks of cake in it..I may or may not pick them out & give Craig the remainder of the ice cream left ;)

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs October 31, 2011 at 8:05 am

How fun!! It’s one of my niece’s bday today, and they are at DISNEYLAND! SO jealous!

You are going to have SO much fun in NY!!! I can’t wait to read all about it.

As I get older, it’s harder for me to sleep, in college I used to sleep on benches in the sun between classes or in a friend’s office haha, now, not so much.

I LOVE CHEESECAKE, especially pumpkin!! Maybe I should pick up a piece for my husband and I to celebrate with tonight :)

Gen October 31, 2011 at 8:06 am

aaaw what a sweet gift! :D
I’ve been on so many airplanes that I can pretty much just sleep the entire time we’re in the air!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner October 31, 2011 at 8:10 am

That is the sweetest gift ever! So thoughtful. Although it may be a bit bulky on the plane, ha!
I always fall asleep in minutes, and nothing wakes me up at night either.

Danielle October 31, 2011 at 8:12 am

that is adorable! The diorama and your niece :) What a fantastic present, so thoughtful and creative of them!

Lisa@thedailyrundown October 31, 2011 at 8:21 am

Your niece is so cute and that doll looks JUST like her! The resemblance is seriously uncanny. And the the New York City they made you is probably the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen!
You have an amazing family, Happy Halloween!

Erin Masihdas October 31, 2011 at 8:22 am

Ahhhhh!! NYC is so close!! I am the most excited for you!!

Carb loading in NYC-Patsy’s is really great. They do family style pasta and pizza and it’s delish! It’s on 74th and Columbus on the UWS. ALSO-Levains is on 74th and Amsterdam and they have amazing, enormous cookies that you must try while you are here!

Lauren October 31, 2011 at 8:33 am

I can’t nap or anything, it stinks. I mean, I can lay and rest but I never actually fall asleep. At night, it’s a hit or a miss. I’m too stressed to sleep most times but that’s my own fault haha.

Cheesecake is definitely… interesting. I don’t know if it’s one of my favorite desserts. I think it depends on the flavor. And uhm, pumpkin cheesecake? Please send me like… 5 of those.

That model of New York is SO cute. You’re going to rock the marathon, Janae!

Kate @ Chasing It October 31, 2011 at 8:45 am

AWWWWW such an adorable NYC model! I bet your niece was tired from all that crafting hahaha!

Emily@RunningPerspective October 31, 2011 at 8:46 am

that is the absolute CUTEST model of ny everrrr!!!! i love how close your family is it is AMAZING seriously! you are so so blessed!
you are going to do amazing in NY! seriously with your mind made up that you are going to do your best honestly there is no stopping you!!!!
so excitedd for you girl!<3

Mary @ food and fun on the run October 31, 2011 at 8:52 am

I ran it last year. I just posted a mini insiders guide on friday… check it out!
You can always email me if you have any questions at all! i would be happy to help!

Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner October 31, 2011 at 9:04 am

That cheesecake with the topping on it looks delicious….that’s something that I would love– can’t go wrong with more sugary goodness!!

Your little niece truly looks like that doll. I bet the designers really did see how cute she is on your blog and model it after her.

Haven’t ever run NYC before but I’d like to do it in a couple years fo sho.

Happy Halloween, loved your candy corn costume!!

Melissa October 31, 2011 at 9:12 am

Love the pics of your niece… she’s so adorable Janae!!

Happy Halloween :) I dressed Pancake up as a pig this morning for daycare, he HATES me.

My favorite cheesecake is chocolate chip, peanutbutter, OR pumpkin.

YUM!

Celia October 31, 2011 at 9:16 am

The race weather is looking pretty “warm,” at least compared to the freak snowstorm! However, it will probably be pretty cold at the start, so bring lots of throw away clothes and garbage bags to sit on!!! Tons of restaurants to carbo-load…frozen yogurt counts as carbo-loading too, right?????

That diorama is the CUTEST thing! 6 DAYSSSSSSSSSS! :)

let me know when you fly in!!

Jen October 31, 2011 at 9:24 am

Ahhhh i hope i spot you Sunday, ill be chering you on!! I would recommend Max Brenner in Union Sq- its literally called Max Brennar Chocolate by the Bald Man- you would die!! There are pipes of chocolate that run all through the restaurant, their fries are dusted in cocoa powder, they have dessert pizza and so many huge desserts! Favorite pizza is Keste in the west village, best diner is Big Nicks on the upper west side (they have a 27 pg menu!). The weather will probably be about 30-35 degrees in the AM and somewhere in the 50s by the afternoon. And NY is windy! I wish you the best of luck… I finally signed up for my 1st race (just a 4miler) on 11/20 and its because you make running SO fun! :)

Jake October 31, 2011 at 9:30 am

M&Ms added to ice cream is the BEST THING EVER!!!

You (and 40,000 others) are lucky that NYC got hit w/ that snowstorm this past weekend, and NOT this upcoming weekend!

Rachelle October 31, 2011 at 9:50 am

Your neice is the cutest thing alive. Happy Birthday to her!! Love you Janae and I cannot wait to throw a NYC Marathon party in your honor.

Happy Halloween!!

Jessica October 31, 2011 at 10:27 am

That is such a sweet gift for them to do for you! That is awesome that you are wearing your costume to school…Im wearing the race shirt to work today since it’s all Halloweeny. LOVE cheesecake!

Im so excited for you to run the marathon this weekend and I can’t wait to hear all about it! And GUESS WHAT?! I just barely barely registered for my first marathon-Utah Valley! Ahh…I’m freaking out, but so excited.

Happy Halloween Janae, I hope you have a great day full of candy! :)

lindsay October 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

she must have been wiped! too cute! And guess what?! my husbands client is racing NYC and offered to fly us out but the hubs has to be somewhere else this weekend. I WAS SO BUMMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica October 31, 2011 at 10:34 am

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that we went to NYC in May and we tried to save money by taking a shuttle from the airport to our hotel instead of a cab. Even though I’d called and scheduled it, it was a huge mess and really got me stressed and angry…so my suggestion is to just take a cab! And I’m totally like you with the sleeping thing…I can usually sleep anywhere…movie theaters all the time! :)

Sheanna Caban October 31, 2011 at 11:29 am

That present would have made me bawl like a baby. I’ve been pretty emotional lately….Ovaries, ya know? Also….How cute is your niece?!? Totally rhetorical question since the answer is obviously “too cute!” Alsom Baby Alive creeps me out….A lot!

As far as sleep goes…I can fall asleep pretty easy, but staying asleep is a problem for me, so I take a mild sleeping pill every night so I can sleep through the night without waking up a million times. My husband tells me that last night I was actually talking. Actually, I was apologizing over and over again. I’m not sure why, but he accused me of dream-cheating, which I DON’T do! I know I sound really vehement when I capitalize “don’t” like that, but it’s so true….One time I had a dream that Ryan Gosling asked me out and I told him I couldn’t because I was married….I can’t even dream cheat with Ryan Gosling….Now that’s love, people!

Elizabeth October 31, 2011 at 11:34 am

I have never had pumpkin cheesecake before that sounds amazing!!
I love her Cinderella dress! I am crazy about Cinderella, and she looks adorable in it!
Good luck in NYC! Dress warm, but don’t wear to many layers!

Sam @ Samantha in Training October 31, 2011 at 11:50 am

*Goodluck @ NYCM you will do amazing I am sure of it! I cannot wait to read your recap!
*I have a hard time falling asleep… I need some sort of noise on whether it be from the TV or Radio… and a couple of melatonin if I really can’t doze off.
*I love pumpkin cheesecake it might be my alltime favorite.
PS~ LOVE red velvet ice cream : ) I bought a Ben and Jerrys version and it was delicious!

Mara BHF October 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Baby Alive, shudder, a doll that poops and pees and requires diapers …. send it back!

Good Luck in NYC!

Carrie October 31, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Happy Halloween! Where and when is everyone meeting on Saturday in NYC?? I am so pumped!! Can’t wait to meet you and everyone else! We should hook up before the start too!

Stephanie October 31, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Your niece is crazy cute. The diorama they made is awesome! Good luck in NYC!

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I so envy kids because they can fall asleep just about anywhere, no matter the noise level or the position. I wish I had that ability! I’d consider it a superpower.
And that doll so looks like your adorable neice. She’s so cute! (Your neice, I mean!)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 31, 2011 at 12:44 pm

That is THE coolest present about NYC ever! How neat.

I love dessert on Sundays—it makes it much more special to eat it on that day, so weird! haha.

your niece is adorable, p.s.!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 31, 2011 at 1:00 pm

That is adorable that they made you that!!! Good luck in NYC !! Happy Halloween :D
I don’t really like cheesecake, I’m more of an ice cream girl.
I cannot fall asleep easily at all. It’s super frustrating!

Mac October 31, 2011 at 1:06 pm

How sweet are they! I love the diorama, very creative and cute :)

Jess @ Jess Go Bananas October 31, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I sometimes have trouble falling asleep but as of late all has been going well! :D
The only place I can fall asleep is my bed and that is it….planes, trains, and automobiles don’t work for me!

ashley brownstein October 31, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’d say check the weather but typically definitely underarmor bottoms and maybe just a short sleeve on top…im someone who cant stand my ears to be cold so i wear a headband too…i think the best part of the run has to be after teh queensboro bridge and the stretch on 1st avenue…its rough because its all uphill and its miles 13-20 the tough ones but everyone is lined up and cheering (i will be one of those people) and so excited so hopefully it will be an adreneline boost…movie theater and plane are no’s for me but if im tired enough the car but hoenstly the train for me was where i was guaranteed to fall asleep..i love cheescake and pumpkin cheesecake…the best has to be snicker cheesecake from teh cheesecake factory…its amazingggg…you’ll have to leave your ticket number so we can track you at teh marathon! its a really cool ap on iphones

Becca October 31, 2011 at 1:35 pm

You will LOVE NYCM! I did it last year and can’t wait to do it again someday. I would suggest bringing lots of stuff to keep warm in before the race! Someone told me that, so I wore long sleeves and tights, then an extra pair of sweats to leave there when the race started….and I froze my tail off! Inside the tent, we were there for about 4 hours before the race started and it was freezing! Luckily I made some awesome friends who shared blankets with me and Dunkin’ Donuts was handing out free hats. Bring a hat, extra clothes, and a blanket or sleeping bag to keep warm in! That’s my advice. But you will love the race. It is amazing!

Haute Running Mama October 31, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Your family is amazing! Love the diorama :)

OK, I can’t believe that little one fell asleep in the high chair. She needs to teach my little girl her ways :)

NEW YORK NEW YORK!!!!!!

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel October 31, 2011 at 2:08 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Amylee October 31, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Oh my gosh. Your niece looks EXACTLY like Baby Alive. That is hysterical! Good luck not getting slugged by high school kids today; at least you know you are fast enough to chase them down if they do attack the pinata. Happy Candy Day!

Shannon October 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Awwww your niece is a doll baby and she really does look like baby alive! So stinkin cute! My daughter had Baby Alive a few years ago and wow what fun lol. Currently she is too cool for Baby Alive and she is currently goth (do they call it emo now lol) with earrings and very dark eyeliner. Baby Alive has been through it! I do not care for plain cheesecake, I am all about toppings or flavors, pumpkin or chocolate please :)

Amanda October 31, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I love cheesecake of any kind– but chocolate or berries of some kind definitely make it better! :)

I also love that you dressed up as a pinata for work today!

elise October 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm

that is SOOOOO cute!!! omg, you have some very talented nieces!!

how adorable are those curls too, haha. the doll is basically a replica.

ps i have that heart shirt :)

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail October 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm

What a thoughtful family!! WOW! Savor your time in NYC!! Excited for you!

I freaking love pumpkin cheesecake- the hubs actually makes killer one for Thanksgiving!

Will you be handing out candy tonight–or trick-or-TREATing yourself?! ;)

Dorry October 31, 2011 at 3:25 pm

So precious that they made you a NYC marathon diagram! I wish I could fly up this weekend to cheer you on!

Erica October 31, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I love your diorama! I adore your blog so much and your running tips have been the best!

Good luck at the marathon this weekend! I live in NYC and have lots of friends running. If you need any tips for places to eat just email me! (Check out Patsy’s or Lombardi’s on Spring Street). Avoid restaurants on the UWS after the marathon because you will never get a table.

Janae October 31, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thank you so so much for your sweet comment! You made my day! Could you meet for froyo on Saturday?

Erica October 31, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Absolutely! We don’t have Yogurtland but we have a place called 16 Handles which is a similar concept. Why don’t you email me and let me know where in the city you guys are staying.

Missy October 31, 2011 at 6:12 pm

That display your students made is awesome! Wow so cool and thoughtful!

Samantha October 31, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I am the WORST at falling asleep :( one of my worst talents. I haven’t taken a nap in years… only when I got my wisdom teeth and was on vicoden (so not my own doing!). Its very difficult getting enough sleep in college and this doesn’t help!

I am newly obsessed with vegan cheescake! One of my roommates is vegan and it was her birthday last week and another one of my roommates made her one. It wasn’t as heavy and sugary as a real one, but that made it better in my book! I want her to make an oreo version next time to make it a little more decadent :)

Khushboo October 31, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Asking me if I like cheesecake is like asking you if you like fro yo….hell yeah! Your neice is absolutely adorable, as is her new mini-me! I hear Magnolias is pretty great for carbo-loading ;)!

Nelly November 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Wow, that diorama of NYC is insanely good! Your nieces are going to ace school projects!

Ruth November 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

WHAT?!?!??! MISS JANAE I TOTALLY MISSED THE POST WHERE YOU ARE RUNNING NYC?!?!?!?! CONGRATS!!!!! I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU and looking for your name in bright lights on the cover of the NYtimes for winner of the marathon :) goooood luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3