Shrimp salad and haircuts (not at the same time).

June 20, 2011

Working out here is the bomb.com.  No more rushing to fit in the rest of my workout and skipping the showers because I want to fit in one more mile even though I am already 10 minutes late to work.  We get to take our sweet time to get up, fuel, run and hangout.

The best part of working out here in cali is the cool down walk with Charlie afterwards.  He isn’t supposed to run more than one mile because he is still a puppy and so he will just be joining Billaroni and I for our cool down grass run/walk.

New readers or in case you didn’t know…..I talk EXCESSIVELY about my workouts on the TRAINING PAGE if you want to read more about your 7.5 mile run today!

Photo 5

We even have a personal ‘licker off the sweat’ machine.

For lunch Billy had his favorite, FROACHED EGGS on toast with salsa.

And I had my FAVORITE soup in the world (veggie soup recipe here) and a salad with salsa, tomatoes, grapes, and shrimp.

Look who got a haircut……..

Wahoooooo….I love my fuzzy head bff.   Now he will be even speedier because his head will be more aerodynamic.  If I can just convince him to shave his legs to make him faster I think he could make it to the olympics.

Photo on 2011 06 20 at 13 32

——————————————————————————-

How often do you get a haircut?  Do you color your hair?  Are you more attracted to BLONDES OR BRUNETTES????

-I get my haircut every 5 months. That is really long, I know.  I overdid dying my hair in high school and college (like every other week) and now I don’t have the patience/funds to do it again. Every now and then I throw a box color on it.

-Clearly Billy is a Brunette Bombshelll!

Do you like SHRIMP!?!?!

-I LOVE all seafood except for catfish.

Do you plan out what you are going to have for dessert in advance?

-We planned it on our run this morning (clearly we have issues) and we are making rice pudding again:)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset June 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm

My hair doesn’t grow too fast, so I get it cut.. I guess whenever I get sick of it looking grungy at the ends haha
Yep, I am in love with shrimp and pretty much every other kind of seafood. I have never tried catfish though, so that might be one kind i don’t enjoy!
Always plan, then I can spend my whole day salivating the delight I will soon be enjoying :)

Sylvia (My Attempt at Balanced Living) June 20, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I kind of have trust issues with my hair and wait until I visit my hometown to get it cut (once maybe twice a year). The only time I get it cut sooner is if the ends are driving me absolutely crazy. I’ve never died it and my hubby has red hair. I think it’s the best of both worlds :D
Dessert is to be obsessed over all day and planned to the smallest detail. The only meal (dessert is totally a meal) I love as much is breakfast. I <3 eggs!

Sylvia (My Attempt at Balanced Living) June 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

oops! died = dyed Sheesh :/

Clara September 3, 2011 at 4:48 am

Well macaadmia nuts, how about that.

Aileen September 4, 2011 at 11:02 am

I’m quite peleasd with the information in this one. TY!

Cait's a Runnerchick June 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

what, you don’t miss the baby-wipe off and swipe of deodorant in place of a shower routine? ;)

i LOVE shrimp and the only bummer is that it’s so darn expensive. but i’m a big seafood fan and i don’t think there’s anything i don’t like on that front.

and one of the best ways to power through any run is to dream about what’s waiting to be devoured later. :)

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:08 pm

HAHAHA I totally get through tough runs thinking about the amazingness I get to eat the rest of the day! Seafood is SO expensive and so I go all out when eating in the in-laws kitchen:)

Cait's a Runnerchick June 20, 2011 at 10:00 pm

haha, sometimes the ONLY thing powering me through a hard workout or long run is knowing that i’m gonna do some major damage in the kitchen later! ;)

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’m just now catching up with your posts- how exciting that you’re in California! If you’re ever in the mood to get Yogurtland, let me know :)

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:07 pm

LET’S DO IT!?!?! I AM FREE 24/7 so you let me know…I would LOVE to meet you!

Britt June 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm

My pups love to lick my legs when I get in from a run. Mmmm, just like a sweaty popsicle.

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I only get my hair cut twice a year too! It’s expensive and I’m trying to save my money for other things like Starbucks dates with friends.

I don’t like shrimp but I love fish!

Laura June 20, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I’m so jelly of your California summer!
I get my hair cut about every 6 months. In fact, the last time was in December and I basically have a head of split ends right now. Attractive, I know!!
I grew up in CA within 30 minutes of the ocean and hate seafood. I don’t know whats wrong with me! Those taste buds just never grew in.
I love planning desserts, however, I typically don’t eat desserts on weekdays.

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans June 20, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Charlie is so cute!!

I’ve got to admit that I am a little jealous but you definitely deserve the break!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 20, 2011 at 5:25 pm

haaha.

know what’s funny? at first glance, I’m always more attractive to blondes. maybe it’s because I want to procreate and save the dying race of blondies and have cute tow-headed babies. but anyway, the funny part is I’ve always dated brunette men. womp womp.

Mac June 20, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I rarely cut my hair, I’m probably on the once every 5 months plan too!

Christina @ The Athletarian June 20, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I love them tall, dark, and handsome ;)

I wish I liked seafood! It is so good for you! I have tried it in the past before going veg but I never could acquire the taste!

You are living the dream life right now! Enjoy every minute of it girl! :D

XLMIC June 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Hair color or quantity is of no importance to me any longer. Especially since my husband lost his :P

I do color my hair… I am old but have a 2-year old… I really don’t want people asking if I am her grandmother. Really.

And I LOVE shrimp.

I love that short, short hair on Bill… I’ll bet it feels like seal fur :)

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm

IT TOTALLY DOES FEEL LIKE SEAL FUR!!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!

Karyn June 20, 2011 at 5:44 pm

i get my haircut once every 12-18 months. seriously. oops? oh well!

Amy June 20, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Love the haircutting picture…I “shave” my husbands head about once a month, and it’s always SO SOFT after it’s cut! Love it. :)
I get my hair cut about every 6 weeks…it’s chin length, and if I don’t get it trimmed pretty frequently, it gets weird and into a grown-out stage that’s just awkward.
LOVE SHRIMP! Though not cold…only hot. Weird?

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Billy doesn’t trust me yet to do his hair:) Only hot……I can see why:)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I only cut my hair like every 4-5 months too. When the split ends outnumber the rest I know it’s time ;)
Love shrimp (and all seafood really) and totally plan dessert! It’s the best part of the day :)

Kate June 20, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Hey Janae! I am recently coming back from a running injury and am starting really slow. It seems like you jumped from 1 to 7.5 miles so fast! What did you do to speed your recovery? Are you following any sort of recover plan? Based on my own experiences I was just so surprised that you are already up to 7! That is so awesome!

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I have been able to jump up my mileage (my sports doc wrote up a plan for me) because I didn’t start running until 2 weeks after I could have and so I am able to increase quickly!! What was your injury!?!?!

Kate June 20, 2011 at 9:11 pm

ohh thats so nice! I’ve been having shin problems since I ran once of those crazy 200 mile-12 person relays a few months back. Totally worth it though!! :)

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 20, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I get my haircut about every 8 weeks right now….I chopped it in the fall, and I really want it to grow out but I need a trim often because it gets all funky looking haha. I’m attracted to my boyfriend’s hair- he’s a ginger and I love it on him! And I love fish! I seriously could eat it everyday.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 20, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I get a hair cut every couple of months – maybe. :)

You look so happpyyyyyy! I want to be in Cali!

Mallory June 20, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Looks like you are having a good time!! I alternate between box dying and going to the salon. I prefer brunettes!!!

Chelsea June 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I am horrible at getting haircuts…I am trying to grow my hair out and I have a hard time believing my stylist when she tells me I need to cut it every month..lol, and they can be pricey.
Sign me up for any type of seafood, I can eat it everyday all day!

Lee @ in the pink of condition June 20, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I get my haircut every 5 to 6 months too! My hair dresser suggested that I come every 3 months to make sure it doesn’t look “ratty”, meaning I will now be coming in for a haircut every 8 months out of spite.

Alecia June 20, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Oh, goodness. I go 6 months or more between haircuts. It’s the whole, making and appointment and sticking to it, thing that gets me. And I’m cheap.

Brunettes are amazing, enough said.

All seafood is great.

running ricig June 20, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I cut my hair every 8 or so weeks, basically when it starts to be an unmanageable lion’s mane. Mike has me cut his every other week, though. I miss the winter when he let his hair get a little longer. I don’t color my hair anymore other than the pink highlights I have that I touch up every like 6 months or so.

I LOVE shrimp!!! We are going to the beach in a few weeks and I plan to live on it. It’s full or protein right?

Dorry June 20, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I don’t get my haircut often enough, but I’m getting better at it because I love the way my hair feels after a great cut. I like shrimp, but I’m pretty particular about the wait they are prepared. :)

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I get my haircut about every 5-6 months, as well. Like Laura said, it’s just money that could be spent elsewhere! My boyfriend is a blondie, so I suppose I’m attracted to blondes :).

Ashley June 20, 2011 at 7:49 pm

That toast looks delicious. Definitely trying that soon.

I get my hair cut about every 4 months, which is also when I get my highlights done. I used to dye my hair a lot darker, but believe it or not, that required more maintenance than highlights! I suppose there’s something to be said for sticking close to your natural coloring.

I’m definitely attracted to brunettes. It’s a good thing because my guy is part native, so he’s got super dark hair. And skin. It only takes about 10 minutes in the sun and he’s darker than I could ever be in my life. Love it!

I really only make dessert on special occasions, so not much planning going on here.

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:03 pm

AHHH Billy get’s crazy dark too after being outside for a minute and it takes me MONTHS to get any color. Good thing we get to look at them all day:)

char @ char on a mission June 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Totally a day for cutting hair…I did a nice job on my hubby’s today. I need to post that picture. I didn’t butcher him enough to send him running…this is actually is second time coming back for more. I guess I’m what you’d call a “well-rounded” individual.

My hubby’s a blondie…so I’m assuming I like blondes?

@ThisLittleLambe June 20, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Catfish is the only seafood I won’t eat either! Something really weird about that fish I tell ya.

I go WAY too long between cuts too. BUT here’s a tip: don’t use box dye! It’s really bad for your hair and if you go to a beauty supply outlet you can get the professional colour for the same price if not cheaper. I was shocked to learn this! The profesh dyes are wayyyy better for your hair too, according to my stylist who gave me the tip (although he can’t be very smart, he just lost TONS of moolah from me not paying him for colouring anymore haahaha… hmmmmmm).

Hope your Monday was coooool beans girl!

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

THANK YOU FOR THE TIP!!! I had NO idea that you could do that!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! Yeah that isn’t very smart of him ha!

Hines September 2, 2011 at 8:51 am

A wnodreufl job. Super helpful information.

mcncscfckew September 3, 2011 at 1:31 am
Lindsey June 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I get my haircut every 6-8 weeks, only because its super thick and needs to be thinned out, oh and I have wicked spilt ends from straightening it almost every day! I dye my hair about twice a year now, brown still but a prettier brown as compared to my natural mousey brown!

I love shrimp too, we eat a Costco sized bag of it in 2 weeks!

Heck yes, dessert is planned!

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I NEED to get the Costco bag of shrimp…brilliant!!

stephanie June 20, 2011 at 8:39 pm

man, your mileage is going up quickly. and I love when dogs lick off your sweat….it makes putting off a shower a little easier when you’re less covered in sweat (even if you are then covered in dog licks)

I’m so in need of a haircut right now, but I’m too lazy/cheap and I don’t want them to cut off too much

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I plan dessert right before eating it :) I get a haircut every 6 months. HEh :)

Alyssa June 20, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I get my haircut when I’m about to be a bridesmaid or do something where I am expected to look decent and I remember that its a hot mess. I LOVE shrimp and all seafood, but I never ate it at all until I moved to MD 6 years ago. Actually I just bought fresh fish for the first time yesterday and have no idea how to cook it. I plan my desserts obsessively. I started researching my birthday cake literally a month in advance and enjoyed making it almost as much as eating it.

Janae June 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm

BAHAHA we are so so alike. I planned my bday cake/dessert so far in advance!! Let me know what you end up doing with your fresh fish!

Cory Reese June 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

My dessert planning always involves this sentence in my mind: “Hostess donuts, cupcakes, or Twinkies???”

Janae June 20, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I LOVE the way you think…..I would choose the crumb donuts!

Amy N. June 20, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Your blog is one of my new favorites. Thanks for being awesome.

My husband is a cyclist and shaves his legs in the summer, I totally dig it. I really do.

I LOVE seafood. I didn’t growing up, but since I’ve lived in the Pacific Northwest for the past 5 years I’ve learned to love the amazing seafood they have here. Although they don’t have good mexican food like they do in Utah. I miss Cafe Rio. A lot. I’m craving it right now. Drool…

Janae June 20, 2011 at 10:34 pm

HEY AMY!! Thank you so so much for your comment!! I didn’t like seafood growing up either and I can’t imagine how good your seafood is in the pacific northwest!!! I will ship you some cafe rio:)

Annette June 20, 2011 at 10:00 pm

How often do you get a haircut?
Not often enough..I am actually due one now!

Do you color your hair?
I used to but now I just stay brunette. I like it better…more natural.

I think I prefer brunettes…

Do you like SHRIMP!?!?!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE shrimp.

Do you plan out what you are going to have for dessert in advance?

We usually go to the yogurt place.

Fun post…glad to be back in the blog world…took a couple weeks off due to work overload!

Janae June 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

SO SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!! Good call on going to yogurt for dessert and seriously, shrimp is the BEST!

Lindie June 20, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Hey there girl… What ever happened to being attracted to red heads? Haha… I mean we are a ball of fire! Tons of fun… I must say though, my hubs is a light brunette!

I like shrimp, but only if it’s grilled! Oh it’s delicious! PS.. The best grilled shrimp I have ever had is at The Crab Cooker in Newport Beach! Let’s go when I’m there in July!

sally kate June 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

i need a hair cut desperately, too bad it’s not as easy for us girl as it is guys- there are definitly hot days where i wish i could just shave my head!

Nicole @sugarcoatedsisters June 21, 2011 at 1:53 am

I absolutely LOVE shrimp!!!!! It is my favorite type of seafood. Wait, I really like scallops too. I guess I just love all seafood.

I definitely plan out my desserts, especially froyo trips. But sometimes they are spontaneous, and that’s great too ;)

Yolie @ Practising Wellness June 21, 2011 at 4:36 am

Mmm…I love seafood…so good! Shrimp, mussels, I’m totally game to try anything from the sea! (Although not dolphin or whale meat, obviously) Athough I had raw oysters on Saturday and they were a bit of a surprise lol! But they grew on me :-) When we are in NZ my Kiwi bf goes spear fishing and catches the most delicious king fish EVER – and I even caught a little snapper once (on a line, mind you!) which was soo cool, cooking and catching dinner myself! Fresh from the sea fish tastes amazing <3 But buying back here is sooo expensive, I usually wait until we visit my Mum and Dad so they can (very willingly, cause they're awesome) foot the bill, lol! ;-) xyx

mel June 21, 2011 at 6:43 am

I love tall, dark, and handsome men…thats why I married one!! He’s incredibly hott and tans so easily!! How old is Charlie? We have a lab pup and started running her 3 miles ish when she was about 6 months old b/c our vet approved. She is a year old (this week!!) and is a crazy runner…she loves it!! Have fun

Lisa Letting Go June 21, 2011 at 7:36 am

I get my hair done (highlight and cut) about every three months. I should probably do it more often b/c of my dark roots, but I hate spending so much money on my hair!!

My boyfriend is a dirty blonde/light brunette, so that’s what I prefer :)

Meg June 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I have hair ADD so I dye my hair every few months! I go through periods where I cut it every 5 months or every 8 weeks depending on the length!