It was a glorious morning.

June 8, 2011

Today was one of those workouts that the stars aligned and I was so happy (even though I was INCREDIBLY sore from pump yesterday!! Do 5,000 lunges make your buns sore too?  I can barely sit down!)

3 miles with walking breaks in between:  8:20, 8:06. 8:12. (I am going to take the next two days off from running just to play it safe and make sure I am giving myself enough rest in between runs!)

It is incredible how good my femurs feel and I am so thankful for our bodies ability to heal itself!  I am loving setting new goals and watching myself SLOWLY get stronger.

I did 15 minutes on the elliptical (level 10, manual mode) and finished off with 30 minutes in the pool.  I just stick to freestyle and I switch off using hand paddles and not using them and I love it.

—————————————————————————-

What was your workout today?!?!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I didn’t work out today ;) It was too sunny/beautiful/I slept in and it is too hot so TODAY is my rest day in the sunnn :)

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:10 pm

YAY FOR SLEEPING IN!!! Rest days are the best:) Hope you are having an amazing day gorgeous girl!

Emz June 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm

YAY for our bodies!!

YAY for getting back into the swing of things. Your workouts are always awesome.

It was 10.75 for me a sore 10.75. My spin class last night . . . . holy moley . . . I am feeling it today.

Mandee Pearson June 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm

good for you! Way to take it slow and not push it with running and taking those days off. That’s what you need to do! I was injured for 8 months and it sucked big time but I came back strong by resting and doing my PT.

My workout was running for 20 minutes and then 45 minutes of Pilates on the reformers. We did springboards which is a lot of jumping so my legs are probably going to be sore tomorrow!

Janae June 8, 2011 at 6:59 pm

8 months!?!?! Girl, you are my hero!!! GREAT workout!! I need to try Pilates!

Heather P June 8, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Sounds like a good tri-workout! I like variety in my workouts too. Today was 20 min bike to warm up for TRX class then rock climbing for 60 min w/my sweetie.

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm

WHAT IS TRX? That is so fun that you went rock climbing with your sweetie….that is a killer workout and I am sore for days after that!

Kat June 8, 2011 at 3:45 pm

How awesome! Jealous that you’re running so fast after such a long injury break!

stoppingfordaisies June 8, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Yay way to go! Meanwhile I’m so jealous of your ability to run fast!

chacha June 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Good call on taking a rest day – you are running fast for having so much time off!

Today I did 4.2 easy, a new hilly route around the office. I did a downhill half on Saturday (Fontana) and today is the first day I can walk down the stairs without my quads wincing. Thus the 3 mi slow, and 4 mi easy today.

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm

GREAT RUN!!! Hills kill me. I wanted to do the Fontana so so bad….next year let’s do it together next year!

Lauren June 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm

So glad you hear you are back running! I actually started reading your blog after you got injured so I haven’t had the chance to hear you talk about running until now…welcome back to it!

My workout is going to be 2 laps around a beautiful lake in Seattle with my good friend…about 6 miles that includes great conversation and of course dinner after!

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm

HEY YOU!!! I am so so glad that I finally get to start talking about runs on the blog! I want to run around that lake of yours! Seattle is probably my favorite city in the US!! I love running with people and I hope you had the best dinner ever!

Gen June 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Awesome workout!!!!
I ran 5 miles (slow,easy pace) while watching Lost on the TV at my gym. Then, I did some light weights and 5 minutes on the summit trainer (which is killer!)

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:06 pm

AWESOME RUN GIRL!!! What is a summit trainer???

emily June 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm

workout was good! 6 miles at 5:30 this morning. glad to be done with it early even though getting up was a major bummer.

glad you’re on the mend. i look forward to following your progress (and everything else).

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm

GREAT RUN AND SO EARLY!!! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!!

Trisha June 8, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I ran hills outside…it was beautiful!!

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:04 pm

HILLS!!! Girl, those kill me. GREAT JOB GORGEOUS GIRL!!

michele June 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Today was my 1st day (of many) getting up at 4:30 hitting the gym for 3.5 miles of sprints, lifting with arms and legs, then core work. Going back in a few for 3 mile run and a 60 min. spin class.

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:03 pm

4:30 AM!!!! You are amazing! Great workout!!! Spin, RUN, and lifting….come workout with me and show me how you do it!!

adria June 8, 2011 at 5:21 pm

The stars really were aligned today!
I ran today for the first time in a week because of knee pain and I am to scared to flare it up and get a bad injury because I have a marathon on the 19th. However my physical therapist told me to do a test run today so I went ahead and did a treadmill half marathon and did a PR, sadly it was on a treadmill but still my fastest time ever :)…. Then when I was done I still had some kick in me so I increased the incline big time for half a mile and then jumped on the elliptical for 10 min to cool down. It felt amazing to run again and no knee pain!

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Girl, a PR half marathon on the treadmill?!?! You are my hero!! Way to increase the incline. Keep me updated on your marathon…you are going to do amazing!!

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) June 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

After walking to and from work, I hit the treadmill and did 3.5 miles, including my fastest mile ever! A good day for sure! :)

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm

FASTEST MILE EVER!!! Girl, you are AMAZING!! Congrats…that is HUGE!!!

Kianni June 8, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I did an hour and 8 minute run xP. I’m still kinda sorta injured and don’t want to make it worse, so I’m gong by time for now ’til my legs can handle hitting the pavement faster- and by faster I mean harder. Oh, then all the exercise/ warm ups I’m supposed to do to strengthen said injured legs..does it matter that I did them after the run not before like I was supposed to? hehe >.>

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:11 pm

We can get through our injuries TOGETHER!!! Girl, I am the same way and I get to anxious to run and then I do my stretches and exercise after. OOPS:)

MC June 8, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I braved the heat and went running…. I added a mile to my distance today. When i wanted to quite, I thought to myself how much you would want to run 5 miles with no breaks, and I trucked on :) THANKS for the inspiration. now i’m gonna eat some yogurt – you know – in your honor. might as well stick with the theme, right?

Janae June 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm

CONGRATS!!! That is AWESOME!!! 5 miles with no breaks…..only like 1% of the population can do that. You are AMAZING!!! Please tell my your yogurt was amazing!!!

Karla June 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I got in a GREAT 5.5 mile run on the treadmill. I was dripping sweat, you’d have been proud! You’ll be there soon :)

Janae June 9, 2011 at 10:40 am

AWESOME RUN!!! I love a sweaty workout….you are AMAZING and I am PROUD!!

Amylee June 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Take it easy! I got put in my place by my PT yesterday for doing a hard 2 a day. I called him to tell him I wanted to get in on another session and he asked why. When I told him what my workout was he was like, “Amy! You aren’t supposed to be doing that when you are recovering from an injury!” Which, I knew was true, but when a race bets close you get scared. Right? I feel good today so I just did strength training on my legs and tomorrow I’m hoping to hit 2 miles up Guardsman Pass (that’s 800 feet in elevation gain in 2 miles). Hope it doesn’t kill me so I don’t get yelled at by the PT on Friday :)!

I can’t believe you are pulling low 8′s after taking so much time off. Sweeeeeeeet! Pretty soon we’ll be saying, ‘Who’s Kara Goucher? We want Jana Jacobs!’

Janae June 9, 2011 at 10:41 am

You made my day!! Thank you for your comment!! Guardsman Pass sounds crazy awesome…can I come do it with you:) I feel your pain….it is SO hard not to go back to our old workouts once we are feeling better but we can do this together!

Britt June 9, 2011 at 8:09 am

My legs are sore this morning too. I think that I got just a wee bit carried away with the lunges yesterday after taking 10 days off of lifting. Lets just say that today I am getting a little peek at what it will be like when I am a 90 year old lady and can only move at the pace of a snail.

Janae June 9, 2011 at 10:42 am

I am walking like a 90 year old too!! WE ARE TWINS!!! I took off a lot of time too ha….bad idea;)

Brit June 9, 2011 at 8:52 am

Love reading about your workouts!! I’ve been LOVING the stairmaster with the rolling stairs lately… kicks my trash!! What do you think about including an inkling about what type of workout you’re talking about in your title? Just a thought! Sometimes I want to jump on real quick and use your stellar workouts and it takes me a good chunk of time to re-find them! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

Janae June 9, 2011 at 10:42 am

Your comment made my day!! THE STAIRMASTER KILLS ME!!! Girl, you are amazing.
BRILLIANT IDEA!! I am totally going to include a clue to my workout in the title, thank you so so much!

Kaite June 9, 2011 at 9:42 am

Do you use waterproof headphones when you swim? I am trying to incorporate some swimming back into my workouts!! whooo!

Janae June 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm

YES!!! I LOVE THEM!!! They are waterproof headphones and a case for you ipod. The one I have is found on my gear page (under accessories) through Amazon. Let me know if you get them. They really help me to go faster and longer and I also LOVE to listen to books!!

Jen June 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I usually get up at 4:15 am to go to the gym but have been everyday this week so I decided to “sleep in” till 6:00. My daughter decided to cry at 5:00 so there went that idea. Actually my husband got up with her and let me snooze a little longer. So really I should have just gotten up :)

Amylee June 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Janae! You should TOTALLY come do Guardsman with me sometime! I think in the near future we should have a runner/blogger run. Yes? I’ve always wanted to do some of the trails in Provo Canyon, too.

Jen D June 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I am also injured (in my left foot, possibly a muscle strain), going on 4 months now, which is KILLING ME because i run competitively for college and its basically all my friends and I talk about/love to do…even spinning hurts which is my second favorite thing! I am home now and doing Cross Fit with my mom…today we did 4×4 max deadlifts and then 5 rounds for time of: 20 pull-ups, 200m row, 10 deadlifts. I WANT TO RUN! i’m tempted to just run through this because it only hurts after and my MRI was clear..

automated trading software forex August 22, 2011 at 6:57 am

Thanks a ton for being my own teacher on this subject. I enjoyed your own article very much and most of all cherished how you really handled the aspect I regarded as controversial. You’re always rather kind to readers much like me and assist me to in my everyday living. Thank you.

credit card debt consolidation August 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Excellent site on this subject. Our team were just recently teaching about this last fall.

megan September 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Excellent way to get out of credit card debt.

debt management program September 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm

This web site won’t display appropriately on my iphone4 – you may want to try and fix that