Janae is becoming a Yogina

April 29, 2011

Ash, you are hot.

Once again, I forced my blog friends to hang out with me and eat large amounts of Yogurt.  Let’s just say that we eachl sampled at least 22 ounces of yogurt in those little sample cups before we finally filled our cups.  I mean it is a very important decision to get the exact flavor that my body is craving/needing/desiring that day.

Heather, Ashley, Crazy Woman, Jen.  Pray for cute Heather.  She found out last week she has a stress fracture in her foot and was sentenced to the boot:(

After dinner (I wish I was kidding that I would rather intake 700 cals of ice cream for dinner than real food……maybe, that is why I got a stress fracture) I rushed over to the Billster’s baseball game.  Yeah, that’s my hubby, I get extremely cocky about him! IMG 5723

They won both games!!! So as a reward I made him take an awkward photo with me.  I am so proud of my lil’ slugger.

Then it was time for YOGA!!!! JULIA came and we had a good ol’ time together.

Photo 5

What I am loving about Yoga:

-I don’t know if you have figured this out but I am a wack job and have to be busy 23.5 hours of the day.  My mind is always racing thinking about blogging, Billy’s abs, school, running, skittles and other unintelligent things.  When I go to yoga I force myself to stop thinking and just breathe.  I can’t even tell you how calm I feel afterwards.

-I feel like I get a full body massage for free.99.

-I can see improvements in the one hour class.  At the beginning of the class I can barely reach my knees….by the end I am touching the ground, boo-ya.

-Yogi’s are cool people and I will leave it at that.

It is 10:45 p.m. as I am writing this.  I am not going to lie……not being on a strict running schedule is kind of good in the fact that I am becoming way more laid back about my routine.  Let the good times roll…..that is until I wake up for my 6 a.m. pump class:)

————————————————————————————————

Do you feel like you are constantly busy?  How do you slow yourself down and relax?

-Yoga is really helping and let’s be honest…..The Biggest Loser, Glee, Scrubs and 100 other favorite TV shows.

What is your favorite sport to watch in real life (besides running)?

-BASEBALL…I love the whole atmosphere of the game.

It is practically the weekend…HALLELUJAH!!! What is your Friday WORKOUT?!?! What are you/did you have for b-fast?

-Pump class, 20 minutes elliptical.  Homemade version of my beloved Subway b-fast sandwich.

RunningMama April 29, 2011 at 6:48 am

Yoga rocks! I'm heading to a vinyasa class now!

Love watching gymnastics.

Dorry April 29, 2011 at 6:52 am

I'm so glad you're loving yoga lately – me, too! I really see some many improvements in my balance, posture, attitude, etc. I love it. I'm actually off to a class right now! xoxo

Running Ricig April 29, 2011 at 6:58 am

I'm planning a reverse dinner with my friend where we have dessert for appetizers and dinner and then some kind of leafy green for "dessert." We're making those oreo bars that you posted about for "dinner." It's going to be amazing. Want to come visit?

I feel like I'm always busy, but it usually feels good. I'm missing lazy weekends though.

The only sport I really enjoy watching is football, though any sporting even can be fun live (even nascar, don't judge).

Ashby Family April 29, 2011 at 6:59 am

Hockey is my FAVORITE to watch in real life! It is so exciting and the TV cameras can't follow how fast the game is.

I ran 5 miles this morning as the sun rose and I'll take my boys out in the bike trailer later on today. I LOVE yoga but have a hard time doing it at home with my boys climbing under me every time I do downward dog like I'm a bridge. :)

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 29, 2011 at 7:00 am

I STILL have yet to try yoga. The horror; I know.

I agree with you. I LOVE baseball, and I looove baseball players. ;)

JC April 29, 2011 at 7:02 am

I love yoga! yay!

Baseball is by far the best sport ever. College basketball comes in a close second!!

Yay friday!

indecisiveathlete April 29, 2011 at 7:04 am

You should try hot yoga! Its amazing bc you get to sweat AND be really calmed.

I like watching soccer (specifically my brother play). Friday workout will (hopefully) be a run and some ellipticalling

Lindsey@arunningtale April 29, 2011 at 7:07 am

Yes I feel like I am constantly busy but I love it and wouldn't change it :) I like to have a bath and read a book to relax.
My family is huge hockey fanatics so that would be the only sport I watch!
Todays workout is supposed to be a 14km run outside with the hubby but its raining and my knee is hurting so that might change now.
BFast was peanut butter toast with a sliced banana.

Mon Amour April 29, 2011 at 7:11 am

Big fan of yoga. Wish I had more time to go to yoga. Today I am going for a run, doing insanity, and then stretching.

Ashley April 29, 2011 at 7:12 am

I love feeling constantly busy – but I feel like I'm not busy enough as of lately! My relaxing time is when I hop in the racecar, and then get to enjoy some downtime after the races with friends :D

RACING! It's my favorite sport HANDS DOWN. Then Hockey :)

My Friday workout is yet to be determined!! Probably some weights and a bit of cardio after work. Brekkie was a bagel Thin with Havarti and Egg, yumm!

Julia April 29, 2011 at 7:15 am

LOVED yoga!!! totally did not know what to expect. I definitely do not think I was good at by any means but I felt amazing after!! it was awesome giving my mind a break. I am glad you asked me to go!

pretty devastated I missed out on yogurtland and seeing jen!! stupid school.

I LOVE watching baseball and softball. favorite spring time activity.

workout: work all day and then come home and take my pup for a job and NOT stress about it. (hopefully!)

have a good day!!

runningthedawn.com April 29, 2011 at 7:15 am

i totally need more yoga in my life…maybe when i move there will be a place to do yoga…oh who am i kidding, i'm just thankful that there's more than one stoplight :)

Victoria (The District Chocoholic) April 29, 2011 at 7:15 am

I also need to be busy 23.5 hours a day (maybe 23.99999). I like the active part of yoga, but then at the end of every class I take, they make us lie in savasana for 5 minutes and I just about lose my mind because that is more than 0.00001 hours. I realize that this probably means that I need more yoga, but it makes me stay away from it.

michael. mindy. dane. April 29, 2011 at 7:58 am

uh…so i saw you at yogurtland yesterday. my little boy was the one trying to escape when you came in the door. ha. i felt weird saying hi? and i think ash saw me staring because just 2 days ago i commented on her blog and told her i love it. then when she came in i kept staring at her. i'm sure she was like, what do you want! ha. like how i call her ash like we're bfs? anyway. i told my husband i saw you and he was like, oh nice. did you say hi? and i was like, no. and he was like, but you're gonna comment on her blog and tell her you saw her? he knows me too well. anyway..i'm weird. happy friday!

fitchocoholic April 29, 2011 at 8:24 am

I had some plain ol' oats for breakfast, and then did a bootcamp workout that kicked butt!! hahahaha
anyway, I don't have much going on this weekend….hopefully some relaxation!

Briana April 29, 2011 at 8:34 am

You and me, girl….. We'll become yoginas together!! I haven't run in 3 long weeks because of a nagging knee pain so I've been hitting up the yoga 5 days a week and I feel amazing!! I still miss running somethin' fierce, though.

Coming to P-town today to visit my Grandma!! Maybe I'll see you at Yogurtland?!?

Missy April 29, 2011 at 9:11 am

I feel super busy too, because there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done! And I am stuck in an office 8 of those hours (boo) But I just did Yoga for the first time Monday and loved it, definitely a stress reliever!
I love baseball live! Super fun!
No Friday workout, running a 5k tomorrow along with a 90 min Danceout class, working it out!
Wish I was in UT so I could join yall at Yogurtland!

Chelsea J Raynes April 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

I love to constantly be busy…which hasn't been the case as of late…. moving to a new place where I don't know a soul has been a challenge! I love to watch baseball and of course the Tour de France. I know most people hate to watch the tour, but I LOVE it!! We had more snow last night :( so it will be an indoor work out today!

Terry April 29, 2011 at 9:33 am

my friday workout was a full 45 minutes on the elliptical with high resistance and low ramp incline. it is the closest thing i can get to running until my quad is completely healed!

Kristen April 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

I am constantly busy. I like to watch train wreck reality shows to numb my mind. I like watching hockey or live minor league baseball, and any olympic event. Today I am running 5 miles, not much but my achilles is on the mend and I am working my way back up. I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast because that is what I eat every day for the last 15 years.

Lisa {eatprayrun-lisa.blogspot.com} April 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

I'm going to a 4 hr. 'How to Teach Yoga to Kids' workshop tomorrow–yeehaw! I'm going to teach yoga to pre-schoolers next year. I think it is awesome for kids! Teaches them to focus, relax and builds self-confidence. All of those are things I could use more of too ( : Heading out for a run in the beautiful sunshine right now…Enjoy your weekend!

janetha @ meals and moves April 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

haha i always load up on the samples of fro yo. i can never decide what flavor! i totally agree with you that yoga feels like a massage. you need to come to bikram with me sometime.. it's heavenly!

lolzthatswim April 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

Oh my god I'm doing a half marathon this Sunday and straight up running into the tent afterwords to get Froyoooo. I love it.

Rene April 29, 2011 at 9:48 am

Some days I am constantly busy bust most days I have time to chill. I'm enjoying the rewards of being a SAHM with my kids in school – at least on the days I don't have school.
Babysitting for a friend today so no workout – I'm doing an 11 mile run tomorrow though.
I am a total football freak and love the Philadelphia Eagles. My husband surprised me with a tickets to a game in Philly for my birthday. I shed a tear as we approached the stadium. So much fun.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner April 29, 2011 at 9:51 am

Friday workout will be long run since I'm really busy this weekend and can't fit it in any other time.
Breakfast was the same thing as every other morning…oats, strawberries, almonds, flax, dried cran. and blueberries!

One heart and mind April 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

Oh my heck you are too cute! It was great to meet you and have yogurt last night! I could use a little yoga…and more yogurt in my life.

Rachelle Wardle April 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

Oh miss Janae I just love you. I am so jealous you got to hang out with Jenn she is seriously the cutest. You best be inviting me to every single fro-yo/yoga date from here on out! Even though I am a total wuss and definitely do not think I can stay up past 9pm on a work night.

Love you! Have the best day ever. I love love watching baseball. Yay for Billy! :)

Mandee April 29, 2011 at 10:12 am

YES I am always busy!!! I try to plan my week so I have one night off after work where I have no social activities or gym classes (as long as I went at lunchtime) and can do WHATEVER I want like read, make a yummy dinner, bake, watch tv, paint my nails, talk on the phone or just veg out.

I looooove yoga and I notice the difference in my stretching afterwards too. I also notice that more with Pilates. I am studying to become a Pilates instructor which is waaaay more intense than I thought. It takes so many hours ! But I love it so why not teach it?

My favorite sport to watch is basketball! Probably because I know all the rules since I played in high school. Not so much with football or baseball. I'm more of a gym and running girl than actual sports…

Hannah Berg April 29, 2011 at 10:29 am

Thank God for Fridays! My workout was a 42 min run along the waterway followed by consuming an entire pinneapple (almost), mango, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and a little oatmeal on the side. (Did I mention I loaded up on fruit at the Farmers Market yesterday?!?….yay!)

oatsandspice April 29, 2011 at 10:31 am

I am obsessed with Yoga (literally) – it is such a great workout and so therapeutic :) I always do hot yoga which is amazing!

cleaneatingchelsey.com April 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

I feel ike I'm constantly busy doing thins I don't want to do – like cleaning. Yuck.

pawsitivelife April 29, 2011 at 10:59 am

I love yoga but especially Bikram because it feels more like a workout than realxation (i think im missing the point of yoga :) but I do have to work at zoning things out because my thoughts are a mile a minute

Cyndi @ Weightless Life April 29, 2011 at 11:17 am

I am constantly busy too. Between grad school, full-time interning and work there's never a dull moment for me, but I kind of like it.

I don't like to watch sports, but it works because the husband doesn't either.

Today all I can fit in is a 30 minute bike ride, but it's better than nothing.
Have a good weekend. :-)

Jody, RD April 29, 2011 at 11:23 am

At first I thought you meant yogina as in Yogurt eater… I guess it really could go either way ;)

Lindsay and James Cotter April 29, 2011 at 11:26 am

yogi janae!!! I love it! Youre gonna be super limber in no time. haha.

ratherthecouch April 29, 2011 at 11:33 am

OH MY GOD JANAE! If you only read one comment I ever write it has to be this one! You MUST – I repeat – you MUST try Bikram yoga. I already know you like to get your sweat on during an intense workout. And now I hear you like yoga. You will LOVE Bikram!!! Go try it TODAY!!!

Chels April 29, 2011 at 11:37 am

My fav sport to watch is baseball, I love being outside and the atomoshpere of it all is awesome.
Workout today: 40 minutes elliptial, 10 min cycle with 20 minute ab workout..afterwords slurrped down some oats and greek fage. Yummers!

ShortSkirts April 29, 2011 at 11:38 am

So glad you are liking yoga i totally love it! It always leaves me feeling awesome

Christina @ The Athletarian April 29, 2011 at 11:58 am

Today's workout: 5.5 mile run + 1 hour spin class (which ended up being an 18 mile ride)

I don't really watch many sports but the bf is obsessed with basketball so sometimes I am in the midst of an intense game. I don't mind it, especially since he is forced, I mean since he loves to watch Glee with me.

Christine April 29, 2011 at 12:01 pm

you & your yogurt… is that marshmallows+gummy bears i see???

ok i have to TELL MYSELF to chill out and read magazines. my roommate has to tell me it's OK to relax and do nothing on the weekends for a few hours and have nothing to accomplish for a little while. it's hard b/c i am all go-go-go, can't stop won't stop pace. workin' on that.

SOCCER. it's super exciting.

FOR BREAKFAST I HAD BANANA CAKE WITH A FLUFFY NUTELLA FROSTING. yup.

have a good weekend! xoxox

ashley & sundance April 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I bet your blog readers got quite a shock seeing my super pretty, super sexy picture this morning! Lol. Good thing i have no shame!!!

Yogurtland tomorrow? After my run?

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail April 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Great pics! So envious of all your bloggy/real friends–you guys all look like so much fun!!

Yoga is fab and a great way to keep your strength up! SOunds like you found a new favorite form of cross-training.

I'm so with you on baseball! I love waching softball too!

keri and taylor April 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

First of, I am OBSESSED with yogurt! The cup filled to the top after a large dinner still doesn't dent me. I could eat and eat and eat yogurt all day! Second, I started doing yoga 4 months ago for an injury and OMG I feel like a new woman! I usually go on tuesdays and thursdays after I run in the morning and I swear it has helped me stay injury free lately! I feel so much better about myself and I, like you, don't ever relax (unless it's in front of the computer and tv at night) so it is so nice to have something that makes me breath and chill for 1 hour :)

runyogarepeat April 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Yay yoga! It feels so great to just breathe, relax, and enjoy yoga class, and the post-yoga glow is fantastic. I am so busy these next two weeks because of finals, the last 2 weeks of half training, and finding a job, so I need to fit in yoga for my sanity!

fitfeastingfriends April 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I WISH I could love yoga! I like the idea of it but i get soooo bored when doing it! I am definitely one of those always busy people but I can't make my mind shut off ever! The one yoga class I took all that was going through my mind was how badly I wanted to get up and start running around the room!!!

Running Mama April 29, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Billy's cute and the photo is totally awkward!! Have a fab weekend.

runningtobeskinny.com

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I've been loving YOGA lately too!!!! Go us :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn April 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I LOVE YOGA. Can we please go to a yoga class asap. Slash I am always busy busy busy which is why I love blogs they force me to take some down time:)

Randee and Angie April 29, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I totally love yoga and wish I could fit it into my schedule more!

solarpowered April 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Yoga: LOVE it. Need it. I take a power yoga class. Vinyassa. Hot room. 90 minutes. I sweat like 10 whole men, and I love it. I'd go more than the once or twice a week I already do if I could afford it!

Breakfast has been the same for me for a while now: A smoothie. Frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, a banana, spinach, walnuts, and soy milk. Yum.

Amy April 30, 2011 at 7:16 am

Just set up a Friday gym date with a friend after reading your posts about your new gym buddies. Pump and spin to greet the last day of the working week – yay!!

Holly April 30, 2011 at 2:10 pm

So as a reward I made him take an awkward photo with me. I am so proud of my lil' slugger. <– best line EVER! I was dying laughing when I read this :) You are too funny!! & I LOVE your heart shirt- super cute!! :)