Pep Talks, Milk Mustaches and M&M’s

February 25, 2011

Don’t forget to help my self-esteem and vote HERE for Women’s Health Top Blogs.

Check out my new GEAR page on the navigation bar.  I have all of my favorite gear that I currently use with direct links to where to buy it!!! It doesn’t get easier than that people.  I am getting pretty good at this technology stuff.  Okay, that is a lie but I married a smarty pants.  Check out the button he added on the left hand side to vote for me to be president (or on Woman’s Health blogroll).

Good News.  I figured out why my legs have been hurting so bad this week, it’s not old age like I was thinking, it is because I had NEVER ran in snow until this last Monday.  I have been running treadmill marathons and then randomly decided to run out in the fresh snow for 20 miles. Yeah, not my best idea the week of a race.  The good news is there is a reason my legs were hurting other than just running a lot and now I know that it isn’t my old injury coming back.  It is because I am a space cadet and thought to try something new the week of a race.

Will this effect my race.  Nope.  Screw pain (muscle pain, not joint or injury pain).

FYI….Got an email today, they switched the course up due to weather, it is now an out and back course and nothing close to the original course that I trained on the treadmill for.  I guess you can’t prepare for everything:)

To help my mind and body get ready for some speedy leg turnover in the form of 13.1 miles Saturday morning…………….

I spent the night doing this:

Giving myself a pep talk in the mirror.  ‘You are an animal.  You have trained and done everything possible, now go out there and show the world what you are made of.’

IMG_4343.JPG

Don’t be jealous of my designer curtains.  I will sell them to you for 200 bucks if you want.

Followed by foam-rolling…..poor Billy.

IMG_4344.jpg

We found a spider on the ground two seconds later.  Boo.

Billy doing this:  (I photoshopped the leg hair out so that you wouldn’t be disturbed).

IMG_4347.jpg

Icing my muscles.  We may have gotten in a pillow fight, hence the pillows on the floor.

IMG_4345.jpg

Warming my soul and body with this:

IMG_4351.JPG

I had some gnarly breath after that garlic toast.

Downing this with glutamine, milk mustaches are cool especially if they are chocolate.

IMG_4349.JPG

Ending with this. Scientific studies show that chocolate and sugary deliciousness can seep through the skin and help your muscles recovery quickly.

IMG_4354.jpg

—————————————————————-

Happy Happy Birthday to LUCY, BROKERUNNER and ALLIE!!!

—————————————————————-

Do you do yoga? How often?

-I am doing it this morning with my PE kids.  I used to do it three times a week….now I am down to once a month.  No bueno.  Note to self: Instead of stalking people all night long on the internet, whip out the yoga mat and only stalk for 3 hours.

How often do you get massages?

-From Billy….often.  Professional massages….2 in my whole life and they were the best things in the world.

I spent all night listening to Glee Soundtracks while making the new GEAR page.  Any Glee fans out there?  Who is your favorite character?

-Finn and Sue Sylvester (the funniest human being alive).

Did you indulge in any sugary goodness yesterday?

-Yep, ended the day with some M&M’s…..not because of stress but because chocolate make’s the world go round and me to have smile wrinkles.

Laura @ Meet Virginia February 25, 2011 at 8:22 am

THANK YOU for icing your legs with ice cream!!! :)

Briana February 25, 2011 at 8:23 am

I'm doing yoga TODAY! Hot yoga as a matter of fact. I am trying to incorporate it more into my life because I KNOW it's good for me.

I used to get a few massages a month but then I moved and never found another massage therapist. Time to do some research!

I ate an entire bag of cinnamon Valentine lips and they were amazing. Give me cinnamon gummy any day and I am a happy woman.

middleagedrunner February 25, 2011 at 8:25 am

I always ice with ice cream and bags of frozen veg. The Huz thinks that it is very odd but it works GREAT!
I NEVER do yoga… Maybe I will someday?
I had a huge slice of chocolate upside-down cake and a handfull of m&m's. Keeps a girl running, you know?? (you do…)

Anonymous February 25, 2011 at 8:28 am

My favorite running song EVER is glee, "bills, bills, bills". – alexis

Nicole February 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

Thinking good thoughts for you this weekend!! :) I love all the ice on your legs! Too cute!!!

I will have a bag of m&m's today in your honor & will try to channel my inner Janae on my run today! teehee

Stephanie February 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

Glad you are mentally feeling better about the legs, you will do great this weekend, you are so speedy and awesome and I can't wait to see how you do!!!

I rarely do yoga, but it is built into my new training plan that starts in 2 weeks so I am excited to get to it more regularly!

Yesterday = dark chocolate kit kat, weakness!!!!

ihearteggs February 25, 2011 at 8:32 am

GOOD LUCK this weekend!!! You are going to kill it! … and I fully admit I pushed through a tough cardio by daydreaming of running a half marathon with you. I have ZERO desire to ever run that far, but for some reason that's where my mind went!!!

I try and do hot yoga at least 2X a month, if not 3 or 4! …. and no sugar for me yesterday. :( BOO!!!!

Jenny February 25, 2011 at 8:33 am

I used to do yoga once a week. Now I can't remember how long it's been. Boo.

I had some M&M's and a few pieces of Dove Chocolate yesterday after my run. : )

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great!!

LindseyAnn February 25, 2011 at 8:33 am

I'm not a Glee fan, but I do like Sue. Jane Lynch (the actress) is nothing short of awesome.
GOOD LUCK! You are going to do so awesome :)

Katy February 25, 2011 at 8:34 am

I also love Sue! She is hilarious!! Haha. That ice cream is hilarious as an ice pack!!

fitchocoholic February 25, 2011 at 8:34 am

I love yoga, especially after a tough workout!!!! =D
You'll do great on the race!!
I had a deeelish truffle yesterday! The filling was part chocolate part peanut butter! Soo awesome!

Melissa February 25, 2011 at 8:35 am

When I was training for my marathon, I'd used bags of frozen veggies. I'd say the ice cream is a step up from that ;)

Sara February 25, 2011 at 8:36 am

New to commenting, but just wanted to tell you that I am attempting to channel my inner "Hungry Runner Girl" and run 18 miles on the treadmill today. We have white-out conditions and there's no way I can run outside. Bonus: School was cancelled (I am a teacher, too) so I have all day!

Kayla February 25, 2011 at 8:38 am

I love Glee! My favorite is Britney S Pearce :) Best one liners ever!

movesnmunchies February 25, 2011 at 8:39 am

oh my gosh you MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!! i laughed a solid 10 times at this post.. love!!!!!!!!
massages rock my boat.. sometimes they're nice and sometimes they give me PAIN.. but umm my massage definition is me forcing my mom to give me one for 1 penny. :D

Mamarunsbarefoot February 25, 2011 at 8:39 am

You know you're going to ROCK THAT RACE!!!

Yoga? Uh never, Massages? Never.. sigh. Sugary goodness yesterday.. no.

Julia February 25, 2011 at 8:40 am

I voted for you!!! So excited to see you at the race tomorrow :)

Also I have been addicted to sweets this week: m&m cookies last night and may or may not have eaten an entire tub of ice cream by myself this week in prep for the race :)

A Big Little Life February 25, 2011 at 8:41 am

Good luck on the race!

Meredith February 25, 2011 at 8:43 am

I get massages like every other week (its only been about a month & a half and they really help my IT band!!

How is the glutamine working out for you?

I had some sour patch kids… darn blistered mouth. I'll have to get like you & not get blisters from them any more!

Good luck tomorrow! But you won't need it!

drkgood February 25, 2011 at 8:46 am

This is my pep talk for you:

"Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months, and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character." -T. Alan Armstrong

You are a champion and will be great this weekend!!

Laura February 25, 2011 at 8:48 am

Love the ice cream on your legs, bahaha. You are the cutest!! Yesterday's sugary goodness was Sour Real Fruit Gummies… go good!!

Cait February 25, 2011 at 8:50 am

yum yum yum chocolate is the best :) xoxo

Kathie February 25, 2011 at 8:51 am

haha!! icing your legs with ice cream. You ROCK!

catiepat February 25, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love your photos! haha they're great! love the pep talk pic the best!
I'm actually going to be doing yoga tonight! After a stressful week I need to relax and unwind!
I love Glee so much! <3
I've gotten a bunch of massages but facials are my favorite!

Good luck on your race! You're going to do great :-)
This weekend I'm doing The Climb to the Top… I'll be climbing up 66 flights of stairs at Rockefeller Center… My poor little legs! I'm scared! I'm going to need to do a pep talk too!

Jogging with Fiction February 25, 2011 at 8:57 am

Love the ice cream for icing! I try to do yoga a couple times a week, but it's mostly just doing random poses in my livingroom hoping the neighbors don't see as they drive by.

You are an animal!

Jen February 25, 2011 at 8:58 am

You're gonna do great this weekend! I'm glad you figured out what was going on with your legs. Now you can relax!
Love Glee for running. Fat Bottomed Girls got me through Monday. I listened to it probably 3 times in a row.
My eating sugary goodness is out of control.

cpan1126 February 25, 2011 at 9:03 am

No matter what type of day I am having, I read your posts in the morning and always laugh out loud!! I also always end up craving M&M's…wonder how that happens ;)

Chelsea February 25, 2011 at 9:04 am

LOVE this post :) reading your blog always makes me smile, and I'm in a season of my life where those moments are cherished.
Have a great weekend!

runthelongroad.com February 25, 2011 at 9:05 am

I am such a believer in yoga now. I incorporated it into my current marathon training and it makes such a difference! And a little bit goes a long way…I go to a class once or twice a week.

We are Ben and Rebecca February 25, 2011 at 9:07 am

I have multiple bags of peas on my legs right now. It just may be blog picture worthy. I'll see how good my three year old's photography skills are… who is also my massure (pretend that's spelled correctly)

Wait- suagr causes smile lines? Why don't you just tell me Santa's not real?! (he is, right?)

I hate when blog stalking gets in the way of yoga … um, I mean, what? You stalk blogs? And comment on perfect strangwrs sites? Crazy talk.

Elisha February 25, 2011 at 9:08 am

Voted for you today!
I never do yoga. I don't have the patience. My mind wanders and then I get upset that it's so difficult because I have the flexibility of a brick. I keep wanting to try it again since I'm sure all the stretching would be good on the runner's legs, but I also don't like my workouts to enrage me, sooooo….
I try to only eat treats on the weekend, however I did have one of those mini bite sized Mr. Good Bars. Yum.
Ok, so add me to your birthday list please! August 21st. I'm a Leo and we like attention. Thanks!

Amanda (Eating Up) February 25, 2011 at 9:12 am

Awesome gear page! Have you read Born to Run? I gave it to my dad (an aspiring marathoner), and he loved it. As a guy who takes two years to read a book on average, he finished it in two weeks.

cupcakedynamite February 25, 2011 at 9:14 am

Glad you figured out the cause of your leg pain, speedy lady!! I hope you are added to the WH blogroll!! I'm cheering for you!

Jeri February 25, 2011 at 9:22 am

I always love my Wednesday runs because I've downloaded the new GLEE music on Tuesday night after the show. so fun to bop along too.

Bess@Bess Be Fit February 25, 2011 at 9:23 am

I love Glee and of course Sue is the funniest human being ever…no matter what tv show or movie she is in I die…please tell me you have seen Role Models? It is SO FUNNY and she makes me cry from laughter.
And yes I had my post-dinner chocolate requirement with leftover v-day candy :)
And I voted for you…AGAIN :) yayyyyy I want you on that blog roll a lot!

EBURNS February 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

I go through activities just like I am still in HS with sports seasons. Yoga is my summer season. I love to pair that with all the healthy fruits/veggies of summer. That's why winter is actually my running season, I love to pair that with the yummy/comforting casseroles, breads, etc.

I heart Glee, my hubby actually looks like Mr. Scheuster.

Yesterday's sugary goodness: waffle drenched in syrup.

runyogarepeat February 25, 2011 at 9:28 am

Have fun doing yoga with the kids! I used to do mini yoga sessions with my summer campers when we had free time, and they would make up their own funny names for all the poses.

Chocolate does make the world go round, which reminds me of Charlie & the chocolate factory (the old, better version)!

canyoncairns February 25, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love this!

"Scientific studies show that chocolate and sugary deliciousness can seep through the skin and help your muscles recovery quickly."

And of course you need to EAT them once they're out of the package or they'll go bad….

Siobhan @sio 'n the run February 25, 2011 at 9:32 am

I nominated you!!!

I was goign to add a gear page to my site too! I love it!

Yesterday I definitely had a PB Cup before my run. It was deee-licious!

I use to do yoga almost everyday in the summer and I honestly can't remember the last time I did it :S

lexilives February 25, 2011 at 9:34 am

I wish I could afford massages more often. Love them.

I love Santana's sassy comments on Glee. And Figgins. "And now, performing the hit song Tik and also Tok, by rapper Ke and dollar sign ha, New Directions."

GOOD LUCK this weekend!!!!!

lunachickruns.com February 25, 2011 at 9:39 am

Brittany is my favorite. The things that come out of her mouth make me die. And Sue is pretty much the best.

I was doing Bikram yoga once a week, but now I do none :-(

You're gonna rock it this weekend!!

itsagoodmorning February 25, 2011 at 9:47 am

Yoga…I do that very often and as much as 6-8 times a week – but then again I am an instructor so maybe that's sorta cheating.

Massages, I have only ever had one professional massage and it was amazing but so long ago. It may be time to splurge on another one…or maybe a few ART sessions. I hear those are pretty amazing for the athlete's body.

theAlmostRunner February 25, 2011 at 9:50 am

I've only seen one episode of Glee, but my husband loves it! (ha.) My favorite part of this post was definitely the ice cream that was icing your shin. I knew ice cream could be put to use in any situation… : )

Amanda February 25, 2011 at 9:51 am

I LOVE your ice packs girl! Hehe! And I have never actually had a professional massage! I think this might have to change! :)

trisha*n February 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

Yoga is too slow for me. I try to do it, and I'd just rather be running or spinning…
Annddd I love love love your gear page!

Angie February 25, 2011 at 9:58 am

Glad it was just the snow! Oh I love massages. I like to go to the massage school cause its just $35 for an hour! Nice pep talk, lol!

Colleen February 25, 2011 at 9:58 am

Got get em girl!!!!!!!!!

I love Sue! Although I think Will is a hottie! :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn February 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

WAIT LET'S BE SLEEKS TOGETHER OMG I am obsesseddd. Blaine is definitely my fave character, he is so hot I do not care that he is gay. Slash it's totally fine, oh and I talk to myself more than I would like to admit, pep talks are necessary. I luuurve yoga! I should do it more often but with all of this traveling the treadmill is way more appealing:)

Runners Fuel February 25, 2011 at 10:00 am

That's a great way to thaw your ice cream!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner February 25, 2011 at 10:01 am

haha funny picture with the ice cream on your leg!

Ohh wow, that makes total sense about why your legs are sore. Running in the snow can do funny things to the muscles at first. How come you don't normally run outside? Is the weather to nasty where you live or do you just prefer to run in the treadmill? I'm curious :)

I've never done yoga before.. today will be my first time. My hubby gives me massages alll the time and I love it. He's the best.

I had one too many pieces of chocolate. My mom snuck a box of chocolate in my bag when i was leaving.. but it's SO GOOD!

Amanda@runninghood February 25, 2011 at 10:04 am

You will be awesome because you ARE awesome!!!! I try try to do yoga 1-2 times a week. I need a massage! been too long.

Good luck to you girlie. Oh, and I love your new Gear page! Too funny on the Swedish fish during a race…I might try that. It would taste better than those Gu and shot block things.

Tiffani J February 25, 2011 at 10:04 am

You are going to kick some serious butt tomorrow! So excited to see the post and hopefully pictures!
Good luck!
I love yoga but have let it slip as a priority need to add it back into my work out routine!

Billy February 25, 2011 at 10:08 am

Voted for you again.

Dorry February 25, 2011 at 10:19 am

I love you more everyday. I've been a foam rolling fool lately. It hurts so good. I'm with you – looking to get back into more yoga which I'll definitely be doing with my new job! I bought a Groupon for a massage and need to make an appointment – I love massages! Probably only get like 2/year. I wish I could have one every week! I indulge in some sort of sugary goodness everyday, usually in the form of chocolate! xo

Maria February 25, 2011 at 10:27 am

Hooray for working out what the pain is from- good luck in your race :)
I had a brownie cupcake yesterday- love them!
I have never had a proper sports massage, but Andy is pretty good at trying to sort my legs out for me!

Rene February 25, 2011 at 10:31 am

I never do yoga. Probably should but would rather sweat. I've never had a professional massage – I know, a travesty.
And I hate Glee. Just not into high school drama.
And I love sugar. My hubby brought me Hostess cakecakes last night.

Emily February 25, 2011 at 10:46 am

I have never done yoga but that's on the list of things I must do this year. I'm hoping to start soon!

Yesterday I had a couple chocolate chip cookies and a NERDS ROPE! Have you ever had one of those? They are seriously one of the best ways to get sugar running through your veins!

I love Glee and the cast is coming to Boston in June for a concert and I bought my bf tickets for his birthday (its a surprise!!). I publicly love Glee but he's more of a closet fan, although I've realized that he's more into it then I am bc he took a Glee mix CD that a friend made for me and put it on his laptop at work and jams out to it…so I don't think he can deny it any longer!

Good luck on your half mary tomorrow!! You're going to kill it! :)

runningonwords February 25, 2011 at 10:49 am

Nice ice cream/ice pack! I bet my ice bath would be a lot less miserable if I was eating ice cream at the same time.

I admit, I love Glee. I have the CDs and I'm so ashamed! Now, I'm going to go eat some sugar and rewatch Tuesday's Glee.

Katie February 25, 2011 at 10:50 am

GIRL!!! you got this!! you are a beast!!!! i just wrote a post today about mantras for my girl lauren PT, you can borrow the mantras too. YOU GOT THIS!

cynthiasolc February 25, 2011 at 10:57 am

Hi Girl!

I wish I had your love for running, it's so inspiring.

I was wondering if you could do a post on foam-rolling. I'm not a youngin' like you and I need all the help I can get on recovering from long runs.

Also, I just started getting into yoga but thought most studios were crazy for charging incredulous amounts of $$$. I was so happy when I found yogaglo.com – it's an online studio that gives you the feel minus the price. Luv it.

Good luck on your race!

Joanna February 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

I just tried yoga again last night and I got Dizzy. So I recouped with in-n-out fries….dammit! I tried, I really did! Maybe what I need is a pep-talk in the mirror! :)

Mrs. D February 25, 2011 at 11:03 am

I love yoga! Hot house, vinyasa, or biggest loser with bob DVD, as long as it is fast paced (a little cardio or weights) I LOVE it!

Your gear page is like my reading "to do" list… its great! thanks for adding it!

Hubby gives me massages only when he feels guilty about something :) But i've gotten 3 pro ones and LOVED them. My fav was while 8 months pregnant at the massage school in Lindon on two for one day (which they do once a semester). i think my massage cost about $20 for an hour!! Totally worth it.

Don't watch glee (i spend all my time watching TBL and bachelor and office and teen mom… oh my list could go on forever) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE their soundtracks. I put it on my pandora all the time.

Swiss roll and frozen gogurts… mmm that was my treat yesterday!

My dear You've done the work and now its time to reap the rewards!!! i already know you are going to rock it, so rock it hardcore!!!!! Cant wait to read about it!

Heather February 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

I haven't tried yoga yet, but I'd like to.

I've had a massage twice and loved it.

I ate some peanut butter chips (like choc. chips)last night before bed.

I laughed when i saw that picture with the ice cream on your leg!! Slow Churned is the best!!

asideofsimple February 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

There's not a day in my life that goes by where I don't end it with something sweet, aka dessert. It's just how I roll.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that's how SUE, C's IT!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 25, 2011 at 11:12 am

Is it weird that my excitement might jsut match yours for this half mary?! Regardless of the course, you will turn those feet over in time I can only dream of! You will rock it!!

I JUST bought a yoga dvd (yesterday) for endurance athletes that I am going to try to do at least 2x a week. I felt my stride/turnover could being from actually being able to touch my toes without cringing!

GOOD LUCK JANAE!

Melissa February 25, 2011 at 11:24 am

I bought the Skull candy headphones you recommended…THANK YOU!!!! They stay put! I bought them in bright ass pink. :)

ktlhouse February 25, 2011 at 11:25 am

Not a yoga fan…I just can't be still like that. HA! I love the picture of you giving yourself a pep-talk…you got it!! Good luck tmrw…YOU'LL ROCK IT, no doubt!!

Katie :)

dana February 25, 2011 at 11:31 am

How long do you foam roll each particular muscle? I'm never sure about that…
good luck tomorrow, girl!

Samantha @ Mama Notes February 25, 2011 at 11:41 am

I had a cookie last night at work. I work at a gym but they still sell these amazing cookies and I am always tempted and go off my healthy eating ways when I’m there!!

I am so happy to find someone that loves candy as much as me :)

Rose February 25, 2011 at 11:54 am

I love Glee. Puck is my favorite. Rrrrrrrow.

Holly February 25, 2011 at 11:58 am

You are an ANIMAL & You WILL rock the race tomorrow :)
Thinking of you & sending GREAT thoughts your way! xoxo

Angie February 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I love how you have swedish fish under your new gear page! That's so funny!! :) I'm glad to hear the pain doesn't sound like it's too serious! I'm excited to hear how the race goes on Saturday! You're so speedy it will be so fun to hear how you do!!! Good luck!!! :)

ShortSkirts February 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

good luck with your race you will totally kill it!

I do yoga two times a week, and love it. I think it makes a huge difference in recovery time, and builds a lot of muscle too.

I ate a piece of a skillet cookie that i baked. Its just a giant chocolate chip cookie cooked in a skillet. mmm

Meg February 25, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Have you done an epsom salt bath? Those really really help my muscles. I was considering doing a snow/slush run today because that's the current state of NH but now I'm second guessing that… hahaha

You're going to kill it in the race. You're so ready. I can't wait to hear about how awesome you do.

oatsandspice February 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Haha I love the pictures – your facial expressions are always the best :) I hope your knees are starting to feel better!

Elizabeth February 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I totally went and voted for you!

birdyleaps February 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I am a yoga FOOL! It is the only thing that keeps my core strong enough to continue running without injury, so I do it like, 4-5 days per week.

I know that you do the foam-rolling thing, but have you tried the "Trigger Point" stuff? I just splurged and bought the kit and oh my goodness…it's amazing. It's BETTER than a massage if you do the "6 Points" routine that the kit comes with. I swear my legs feel NEW the next day.

Sugary goodness yesterday, YES! I made chocolate chip pistachio cookies…yay for recovery food!! You can see them if you happen to stalk by my blog.

Good luck on the 13.1, Janae! I know you will do great and I will be sending you "superextrafastrunnergirl" vibes from here. You've done all you can do for training, so just go be amazing out there!

Jenn February 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Snow-definitely tough on the legs!

Haven't done much Yoga. I'm painfully uncoordinated. I did P90X yoga and thought it would be easy compared to the other workouts. Ummm-NO!

I think you are going to do just AWESOME this weekend! I'm so excited for you to get a chance to test your training!!! Big things!

Just got a massage yesterday. The lady doesn't even speak English but her hands are freakin' amazing!!!

Good luck Janae! You got it!! Can't wait to see the podium pictures:)

Emz February 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm

OK
just bought GL 3 stuff.

it's
truuuuu uuuu uuuu

I wanna be like you uuuu uuuu.

Sheanna February 25, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Funny you should ask about yoga…I am getting certified to become an instructor! LOVE yoga!

I don't like getting professional massages. I don't know those people and it kind of freaks me out that they would be touching me.

And about the sweets thing…I had a frosty last night. Then I got mad at myself because sugar is REALLY not good for me. But I had to have it. I don't like it when my willpower gives out like that.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE!!!! You're going to do great…And I love that you iced your muscles with ice cream…Best way to do that.

Pam February 25, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hey Janae, Good luck tomorrow!! YOU GOT THIS!!

hungry-dancer.com February 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I'm definitely a gleek!!! I love Puck, he's a sexy beast!!!

Aneta February 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm

love that u r usin gice cream to ice ur muscles. cool!

good luck this weekend. u will rock ur race! i just know it!

i heart britney on Glee. She is so funny and a great dancer and singer! and i loved when Uncle Jessie was on it!

Lacey February 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I voted for you!

Good luck this weekend, you will do absolutely great!

I foam roll almost everyday now and love it! I'm so glad I learned more about it from your blog. I am also very tempted to take an ice bath after my next run! Eeek!

Annnd happy birthday to brokerunner!!! (my sister!)

sdralphs February 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Yoga is not for me. I should probably do it so I'm not so stiff, but I hate moving my body in those ways. I have attempted it with my P.E. girls, but I stink at it.
I ate Cadbury eggs all day yesterday. Love them.
Only seen two episodes of Glee, but I hear it's a good show!

So does that rice experiment really work or do you put something in the moldy ones to make that happen? If it really just happens that is amazing and I want to do it in my class!!! Let me know girly!

32cdfdd4-33cc-11e0-9df7-000f20980440 February 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I voted for you, friend!!! Hope you win. I want to try yoga so bad. They offer it at my gym. Last night I tried the snack idea: mashed up banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips. OMG! Total bliss! I was full within seconds!

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} February 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Love the new gear tab. Way to go smart husband!! Praying your weekend is perfect :)

Small Town Runner February 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Ooh…a change in courses?! I am glad that the legs were just from the intense snow run. You will be good to go!!

Best wishes in your race! :)

Jon gives some good massages too…way better than the foam roller ;) haha

purpleshoeruns.com February 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I love that you iced your legs with ice cream ; ) best of luck Saturday!

Elizabeth Cheek February 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm

listen—you better get out there tommorrow and kick some serious #%*!!!! Understand. Go make me proud–hugs—e

healthybodymindmarriage February 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Sam and Puck are my favorites!! And it has absolutely NOTHING to do with how attractive they are…completely all about their singing voices ;)

endlessrunner February 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I think you need to treat yourself to a massage pre and post Boston! Also, KICK BUTT out there this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jill February 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm

i have the same pillow! did you get it from ikea?

Big Daddy Diesel February 25, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Only reason I watch Glee is because the girl puts it on and I have no choice (thats my excuse and I am sticking to it)

Stephanie February 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Thought of you as I popped about 100 M&M's in my mouth today. :) You are going to RULE that race this weekend. Have so much fun!

Jenny February 25, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I wouldn't be able to ice my legs with ice cream…I would eat it within 30 seconds of looking at it sitting there!

Jessica B February 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Your blog makes me smile! :) Rooting for you for the half!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston February 25, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Brittany is my favorite character!!

Jenn & Kev February 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Oh man did I indulge in some chocolate yesterday!! :) Yes, I am a candy freak and its got to stop!! Um…I need to get me some of that recovery stuff! Im so excited for your run tomorrow!! You are going to kick butt and YES I am serious about the clothing line!! It will be so cute! :)
I was so good, I foam rolled and iced my knee after my long run…felt good! :)
xoxo

Jenn & Kev February 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I was so good, I foam rolled and iced my knee after my long run…felt good! :)
xoxo

Kelly Laurette February 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I'm making pizza with the dough recipe you linked to your page tomorrow night! And also, thought i'd tell you good luck on your race!! I'll miss your spin class!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I JUST got a massage on Wednesday night – it was so great because I had been feeling so stressed lately. I loved it. Good luck on your race this weekend! You're going to rock it!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I got a professional massage once (free when I joined a gym) and I almost died because I was so ticklish!

Liz February 25, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I love the pep talk!

I get a massage 1-2 times a year, and they're great, but my husband just sent me for a 90 min. massage for runners a month ago. OMG! I was ready to divorce my husband and run away with the massage therapist.

I booked a massage with her once a month for the next 6 months. I can't wait (hopefully I'm still married 6 months from now!)!

Beth February 25, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I love that you ice with a carton of ice cream :)

brokerunner.com February 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Thank you for the birthday shout out Janae! You are so sweet!

Have a great weekend!

pajamachef February 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm

icing with ice cream! classic :)