Boys Can Cook

January 15, 2011

Time for another confession:

-I still get paid by my mom to do chores.  After an awesome day at school I went over to mis Madre’s to clean.

I really think she just likes to have an excuse to hang out with me as we go from bathroom to bathroom cleaning.  I clean, we talk, she feeds me and she pays me.  Win-Win-Win.  Just call it grown-up allowance.

I actually really enjoy cleaning OTHER people’s houses.  Does it count as cross-training? ….I was sweating.

After cleaning I went home to shower.

Another confession: The main reason I hate showering and washing my hair is because we only have hot water for about 3.5 minutes then it goes cold.  It’s okay, Billy enjoys hearing me scream.

Us crazy party animal Utahn’s got together for a wild night.

No, that is not one of those big foam hands that you get at baseball games, that is my actual hand.

IMG_3661.JPG

Doing the robot is still cool.

The girls downloaded music (the new Britney Spears song is awesome) and danced while the boys made us some pizza pizza.  They used this recipe.

IMG_3654.jpg

Grill your pizza.  If you like a crisp, delicious pizza….use the grill.

Even if it is only 10 degrees outside.  The girls were warm inside working up an appetite by dancing.

IMG_3659.JPG

Pretty. Excited.  I think I had 6 pieces, maybe 7…..I was a little tipsy on cheese.

IMG_3668.jpg

Um, they even made us dessert.  I think they might want something.

Brownie with chocolate brownie ice cream.  Should be excellent fuel for tomorrow’s workout:)

IMG_3671.JPG

Did you get an allowance as a kid?

-Nope. Maybe that is why I turned out so good, ha no I am kidding I think I did but I don’t ‘member.  I am liking adult allowance though:)

What did you do with your Friday Night?

-You already saw….finished it off blogging and listening to Regina Spektor.  Does it get any better?

What time do you wake up on Saturday’s?

-Usually, around 8……it is heavenly.

Stephanie January 15, 2011 at 9:38 am

I never got an allowance as a kid, but I did in college:)

Friday nights are usually spent laying low an eating in our house. 4:30-5am Saturday morning long runs definitely come early

lunachickruns.com January 15, 2011 at 9:41 am

I used to get paid to clean our house too, though I was probably 12 at the time :)

Friday was our last night of vacation and I ate sushi and spring rolls. Mmmmm….

I want that brownie and ice cream!

eatingup.com January 15, 2011 at 9:49 am

I got a small allowance as a kid, and I wake up around 8 on Saturdays as well. And I'm in college!

chefkatelyn January 15, 2011 at 9:50 am

YES I still get an allowance ha I love my parents:)

My friday was spent prepping for my college interview this morning HOLLA

Slash I usually wake up around 8, my body doesn't let me sleep much longer than that. Double slash grilled pizza is the BEST:)

Heather January 15, 2011 at 9:58 am

Nope, no allowance…but they worked me like a dog! :) Just teasing.

Friday night: my hubby went to a car show w/ my Dad so I got a chick flick! Unfortunately I got a late start getting my son to bed and my husband got home just in time for the start of it. He enjoys making fun of chick flicks. :)

We wake up around our usual time, unfortunately – 6:30/7:00. Sometimes we are lucky and don't wake up until 7:30 – woo hoo! :) I love it, though. Sleeping in too much makes my day feel so short.

Happy Saturday!!!

Pam January 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

That pizza looks awesome.

I did get an allowance as a kid but not much. I also got a bonus for my report card. So much for an A, so much for a B… I never got a B until high school chemistry. It was my one and only B throughout school.

We didn't do jack last night. We vegged out and watched Comedy Central standup all night.

I wish I could sleep in. (And I consider "sleeping in" anything past 5:00.) I could if everyone would leave me alone. But my dogs are kind of on a schedule and they expect me to be on one too. I get up and let them out to pee during the week as soon as I get up, so on the weekends they expect that to happen at the same time. They were banging on the door at 6:00 this morning and I've been up since.

Matt January 15, 2011 at 10:01 am

Heck yes we can cook ;)

I normally wake up around 7 on Saturdays, but I am working today, so I was up at 5 to get in an hour run and an hour spin.

Danielle January 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

I kinda still get an allowance. I work at my parents store on Saturday mornings from 9-12. Actually, I get paid to read blogs and stalk people on facebook. It's wonderful.
I used to get so mad when I woke up at 8 on a Saturday morning but now I'm super pumped! That's sleeping in alteast 2 hours compared to when I get up during the week!

Sarah January 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

I got allowance as a kid for doing my weekly chore (my brothers and I split setting the table, dishwasher and trash/recycling.

haha I blogged too!

I usually wake up around 9 am, and I am ok with that!

Abby January 15, 2011 at 10:19 am

My parents share an office building (a converted fireplace where my mom sees clients and my dad plays general contractor), and when I was in grad school, they hired me to clean every weekend. Everyone who rents there was neat and tidy, so it was a pretty sweet gig!

Last night, we went to a high school girls basketball game and watched Brent's students beat the pants off their rivals. Then we can home and watched Glee on DVD. Party animals, clearly.

Shannon January 15, 2011 at 10:33 am

I think I got a sporadic allowance. I would occasionally clean exam tables and kennels and get paid for that. I'll pay you to come clean my house. Or, you know, feed you.

Last night I looked threw magazines, tearing out articles/recipes/workouts that I wanted to keep so I can recycle my ginormous stack of magazines. Also watched Twilight Eclipse. Nothing special about my Friday nights. When you basically have no job and technically no classes the days just sort of meld together. I do work tonight, though! It's amazing.

therunnersplate January 15, 2011 at 10:34 am

Love all your crazy expressions in the pictures!

I would rather clean my own house over other someone else's.

I did get a small allowance as a kid.

I usually get up around 7 a.m. on the weekends.

Hawaiian pizza is my husband's favorite!

openid January 15, 2011 at 10:35 am

Of course boys can cook! Welcome to my every day :-)
Long time reader but first time commenter. I just wanted to say that you crack me up and your crazy mileage gives me hope as I'm coming back from an injury.

dorrybird January 15, 2011 at 10:39 am

I can't remember getting a set allowance. I remember lunch money, though! I'm 29-years-old and my mom still tries to pay me to do things for her like organize closets or teach her something on the computer. I should probably take her up on it for some cash! We run errands a lot together which I love.

Billy and I went to a rehearsal dinner last night at a fun restaurant in Austin.

I think your Friday night sounds perfect! Glad the boys treated y'all by cooking. Grilled pizza = amazing!

Caroline January 15, 2011 at 10:42 am

no allowance for me and my boys won't get one either..don't tell them about that allowance thing or we are not bloggy firends anymore!!!! :)
Friday: watched Social Network with Bill…
Saturday same as all the other days…wake up at the same time I have 2 of those things..what it is called again ah yes children under 6. When they get to be 16 they will sleep until noon !!!

reinschinscrubs January 15, 2011 at 10:50 am

i keep wanting to try grilled pizza but have never gotten around to it. it looks fantastic!

my parents still give me money every time i'm home. i love being a student.

ShortSkirts January 15, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hmm Friday night, went out to happy hour with coworkers. I literally just went and hung out and chatted. Went home made cupcakes, then watched Battle Star Galactica before heading to bed because Saturday is race day ee!

Regina January 15, 2011 at 10:57 am

Ugh, I layed around feeling miserable- I am so sick right now. But feeling a bit better this morning. Usually we go to town to watch high school basketball or do movie night with the kiddos. Saturdays we sleep in until about 8 or 8:30…I love sleeping :) That pizza looks so good, that kind in paticular is my favorite- I am going to have to try the grill once it is no longer below zero!

Julie January 15, 2011 at 10:57 am

You know what I love about you? All the memories you are making in your life! Nothing seems to small to celebrate…
and THAT is why I like you!

fitchocoholic January 15, 2011 at 11:00 am

I don't have an allowance…=(
We hung out at home last night and I cooked some!
Woke up this morning at 7 for no apparent reason…..
I need some chocolate brownie ice cream NOW please! =D

runyogarepeat January 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

pizza & chocolate brownie ice cream?! those boys know what to serve! Last night, I was still pretty sick, so I stayed in bed & read & went to bed early.

Lindsay and James Cotter January 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

hehe, I used to get paid to clean out my dad's closet when I was in high school. I loved it! Love the grilled pizza, so crispy.
Last night we um, hmmmm? Did nothing and it was fabulous! Happy saturday dear friend.
LC

Lindsay and James Cotter January 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

LC

the dawn January 15, 2011 at 11:24 am

i may have just downloaded the brittney song. i'm addicted to her music. i blame the fact that i was in high school when she first came out. i'm pretty sure she planted something in my brain that just responds when i hear her sing. i can't prove it…but i'm sure its there.

it does look like the boys were sucking up…i'll be interested to see what they want in return…

Natalie January 15, 2011 at 11:43 am

love when the boys cook–my friend and i sometimes convince our hubbies to cook for us and they get so into it. adorable!

and pizza on the grill is the BEST ever-hands down my favorite way to eat pizza!

inmytummy.com January 15, 2011 at 11:47 am

You can clean my house!

Jogging with Fiction January 15, 2011 at 11:51 am

I got an allowance that was my age. I also got paid to clean my parents house even after I moved out. It was great!

My friday night was spent driving up to New Hampshire to visit friends. Tiring, but worth it!

I got up this morning at 715 to walk the dog in the freezing cold and stumble around Hanover, NH and try to find my way around.

cleaneatingchelsey.com January 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I loooove cleaning other peoples' houses! It's my favorite!

I got an allowance when I was younger – I think like 5 dollars or something. We would always have to tithe 10% (well, more actually) at Church on Sundays.

I got up at 6:30 bc the Husband's alarm went off. I would have gotten up that time anyways!

Katie January 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

can i come over and be paid to clean? i love cleaning, it is soothing, i'm a weirdo.

i had a date to celebrate being married for 2 weeks, i basically ate my weight in tofu at the thai food place. 2 weeks down, 80 years to go!

Katy January 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm

That pizza looks delicious!! Yum.

I got an allowance…sometimes. Lol. My parent's never could make up their minds.

mealsformiles January 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Haha, you're right. I think the boys may want something… I got an allowance and always tried really hard to save it. Kind of boring! Also boring, my Friday night involved working late and then catching up on some DVR. Which allowed me to wake up at about 6:30 on Saturday for my long run. :)

Stephanie January 15, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I'm going to have to give this new Britney song a chance. :)

Nicole January 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I wish I got adult allowance! Pizza and brownies? My boy needs to step his game up! I also am in love with all Britney songs, she's still amazing.

whatkateiscooking January 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I could use an adult allowance! I could also use a guy that cooks :)

Maria January 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Yum to the food :) ANd I love the colour of the kitchenaid mixer.
I used to get pocket money when I was little.

Mallory January 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I love Billy's watch! So cool!!

I got an allowance as a kid but I think my parents were a little unfair. $2 for cleaning both bathrooms, no thanks.

Last night we went shopping and used our Express giftcards from Christmas! Then after shopping we went to Olive Garden (another gift card!) and enjoyed a nice dinner together. Then came home and vegged. We were in bed at 9. Ha, I'm an old lady.

Saturdays I wake up around 7:30 because I meet with clients on Saturdays.

futuredocgirl January 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Cleaning with other people is always more fun than cleaning by yourself!

Saturdays I usually wake up between 9 and 10. It's my "sleep in day" and I always wake up feeling so refreshed.

J January 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I never got an allowance. Last night Brian and I went and looked at wedding bands. and then we went to dinner and I didn't get ANY dessert because they didnt have anything good, and then I was too tired to go and pick some up at the store so I just went to bed. I was super tired from the week. I never can stay up very late on Friday nights.

5 Miles 2 Empty January 15, 2011 at 2:28 pm

yep, it is certain they want something….don't trust them any further than you can throw them!!
Looks delish though!

And totally awesome that your mom pays you to clean her house.

I got allowance as a kid but had to work my TAIL off to earn it!!!

Chicago Cuisine Critique January 15, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I was thinking about making homemade pizza tonight and this post has definitely pushed me over the edge. I may have to get my butt up off the couch to go to the grocery store. Thanks for the motivation!

Jenn January 15, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Lucky you, I got worked every Saturday and no allowance! Haha…I cried through most of it too! :( I cry about everything though!
That pizza looks so yummy and the brownies even better!
I finally took down our Christmas tree..haha.. fun friday night for me! :)
My Hubby works nights so I end up on his schedule, waking up at 10 at the earliest! haha

Angie January 15, 2011 at 3:18 pm

That's so awesome you got the guys to cook for you!! Well played!! :) The pizza looks delicious–can't say that I've tried in on the grill! Tipsy off cheese! LOL :)

flyrunner January 15, 2011 at 3:33 pm

That pizza looks so good! BTW, if you haven't rocked to "Beautiful, Dirty Rich" by Lady Gaga when working out, check it out, I'm loving it in my playlist. :)

Heather -Momma Running Amok January 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Your Friday night was pretty exciting compared to mine. Husband works in the kitchen nights so the boys and I hung out. The 4 year old fell asleep at 5:20pm so it was a quiet night around here….watching DVR'ed shows and in bed by 9:30pm due to a 5am wake up call to run. Jealous of the 8am wake up time….

S and J from http://runfatgirlsrun.tumblr.com/ January 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm

What a great night! That brownie ice cream looks AMAZING!!!! Have a great weekend x Sal

winstead family January 15, 2011 at 4:20 pm

friday night was unusual for us…my husband took me to a bed and breakfast! we got to get away for 1 night…no kiddies around. it was SO heavenly! i felt lost, but at the same time it was SO nice not to wake up to a toddler crying wanting out of their bed! HA!

you commented on my blog about baby fever…i'm here to tell you sister, they are the best thing ever ever ever, but just make sure you get alot of billy time in beforehand, because your. life. changes. :) we were married all of 7 months before i found out about cole (our 9 year old). then we waited EIGHT years before blaise. haha!!!

wouldn't change a thing tho! except i would have wanted some more honeymoon time! :)

Meg O January 15, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I got a super small allowance as a kid, it barely counted. My friday night was spent on a double date going out for pizza and going to nordstrom rack where I bought new running shoes and a new tank. My saturday wake up times always vary. Today it was 8:20. PS, have you heard or downloaded the Regina Spektor/Ben Folds song "You don't know me"? It's a few years old, but I love it!

Susan January 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I used to get an allowence…and all I really did was whatever my parents asked me to do, I never had set chores every week. I turned out pretty well, and soon enough I was helping with the dishes without being asked!

I sleeeeeeeep in on my days off! Like 10. Or 11. I try to get up before noon. Oh, it's bad.

I want a boy to cook for me! Lucky girl, you!

katie.michelle January 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Why are you so cute?! I love your excited for pizza face.
And your mixer! I want that mixer!! I have two on my registry: pink and that blue. I can't choose between the two, so i just put them both on… haha. Zachary told me I'm ridiculous. But he puts up with me…
And that brownie/brownie ice cream picture is making me drool all over the place. Thanks.
I didn't get an allowance. and I never felt like it was necessary…
Friday night I was supposed to work, but instead I spent it working out and making myself feel better. Yay!

Mamarunsbarefoot January 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Nope, no allowance. My kids don't either. I don't believe in paying them to do things they should do to help out and be part of this family.

Fridays.. We do nothing because Saturday is our long run day!! I usually wake up 6:30ish

Rose January 15, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Since you enjoy it, you should come clean my house! I'll pay you in weird israeli candy that my husband keeps around the house.

Tara January 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I didn't get a weekly allowance but I'd have to do things to earn money when I wanted something.

Friday night my boyfriend and I made dinner and watched 5 episodes of Dexter… we're a little obsessed right now.

movesnmunchies January 16, 2011 at 7:35 am

Friday night= me and my dog on the couch blogging- WOOOHOOO! um… delicious dessert you got over there!

Big Daddy Diesel January 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

Oh course boys can cook, I cook all the time

melissadishes January 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I will pay you to clean my house, with money or ice cream, your choice ;-)

My boy isn't allowed to cook because he makes giant messes and doesn't do things right, he is an excellent sous chef though.

In summer I wake up about 5 to beat the heat to run. This time of year, I don't set an alarm, I usually sleep in til 6-6:30 both days of the weekend.

Nicole January 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm

um my grandma & my mom pay me to clean their houses…. sometimes i clean really hard & other times i dont… i see my grandma atleast once a week & i LOVE spending time with her and my papa! again? i think we need to meet…… you are my twin!