Like I said on Instagram yesterday—> Brooke and I are pretty much Lorelai and Rory Gilmore 2.0.
We started out our Thursday night date night with a trip to the Museum of Natural Curiosity and Brooke gave a beagle brain surgery.
She then preformed a pretty epic puppet show.
She rounded things out with a drum solo.
We worked up quite the appetite and hit up Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Peanuts, salad, rolls, steak and potato. Yep. The best.
A lot can go very wrong during our runs (I’m looking at you injuries, tummy issues, wind and ice) BUT there are a lot of things that can go oh so very right during our runs.
I put together a list of 15 of my favorite things that sometimes happen when I am out for a run:
1. You’re running up a tough hill but a tailwind is making the hill climb about 35% easier. Love it when that happens.
2. You are out running right as the sun is rising or setting and you are at the perfect angle to see it all happening.
3. You look down at your garmin to check out your pace and see that you are actually running way faster than what it feels like effort wise—> Hello, getting stronger and more fit!
4. The second you start to feel thirsty a drinking fountain magically appears. And that drinking fountain has the most perfectly chilled water.
5. You experience that, ‘Man, I feel like I could run forever and ever’ feeling. Rare for me but when it does happen I soak it all in and add a bonus mile or two.
6. You set a new training pr—> this could be a new distance record, you hit your fastest interval times or your tempo run was completed at a pace that you never thought was possible previously.
7. If you are a treadmill runner—> your favorite treadmill at the gym is empty when you arrive, your favorite tv show comes on right when you push the start button and there are a lot of people there to keep you entertained people watching.
8. Your garmin finds the satellites within a matter of milliseconds, all of your electronics are fully charged and your favorite running songs are your running partner for the miles.
9. You leave for your run grumpy or upset about a problem but by the end you work the whole situation out and walk back in your door in a much better place compared to when you left for your run.
10. The weather is the exact degree that you prefer. There is a little bit of cloud cover and a slight breeze. AKA October runs.
11. You’re in a brand new running outfit that makes you feel pretty confident and hardcore. The same goes for a new pair of shoes that make your feet feel like you are running on pillows.
12. Those first dozen pain-free runs after coming back from an injury. You’ve been out of the game for weeks/months and stressed about if you were going to hurt again once you did start running again AND then you don’t:) GRATITUDE.COM
13. You are out on your run on the roads and you don’t ever have to stop for any stoplights or cars.
14. You are out on your run on the roads and you are forced to stop for cars at the exact time that you need a break to catch your breath or stretch.
15. You are trail running. This is always the best thing that can happen to me during a run;)
What are some of the best things that happen to you while out on a run?
Gilmore Girls fan?
-Oh yes. This reminds me—> I think I am going to start the series over again for the 15th time.
What are you most looking forward to about the weekend?